PDA

View Full Version : James Toney SUCKS

bleed_orange_and_blue
08-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Not only is he slow and fat he now got owned in round one of a fight that never should have happend , props to dana white for let n it go down though i made 50 bucks

UrbanBounca
08-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Who in God's name would've taken that bet with you? The fight went as expected, and now Toney can tuck his tail between his legs, and get the hell out.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
A boxer is going to be disadvantaged in an MMA fight, but atleast White could have a boxer that wasn't out of shape and washed up.

I got the impression Tony was just after a pay-day.

jcdavey
08-29-2010, 04:16 PM
it's what should be expected when an mma guy meets a boxer

and a boxer who only trained for the mma style for a few months

and one who appeared to be out of shape

what we need to see is a boxer fight someone who isn't looking for the takedown, but even then they'd probably be freaked out at the first kick to the head haha

baphamet
08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
it's what should be expected when an mma guy meets a boxer

and a boxer who only trained for the mma style for a few months

and one who appeared to be out of shape

what we need to see is a boxer fight someone who isn't looking for the takedown, but even then they'd probably be freaked out at the first kick to the head haha

leg kicks would probably totally take them out of their game. but at least they would have a better chance against a striker than a grappler.

baphamet
08-31-2010, 11:01 AM
A boxer is going to be disadvantaged in an MMA fight, but atleast White could have a boxer that wasn't out of shape and washed up.

I got the impression Tony was just after a pay-day.

i doubt that, i am not 100% positive but i think boxers get paid a lot more than UFC fighters. toney is still the IBA heavyweight champ.....he needs to stick to punching.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
i doubt that, i am not 100% positive but i think boxers get paid a lot more than UFC fighters. toney is still the IBA heavyweight champ.....he needs to stick to punching. Yes they do.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-31-2010, 11:22 AM
i doubt that, i am not 100% positive but i think boxers get paid a lot more than UFC fighters. toney is still the IBA heavyweight champ.....he needs to stick to punching.

IBA? That's a pretty obscure title isn't it? I follow boxing a little more than MMA, and Toney hasn't been relavant in a long time. Besides that just look at his photos from the weigh in. He would have gotten killed in the boxing ring this last weekend too if he fought anybody relavant.

Boxing is struggling as a sport now, and only the mainstream fights get good pay-days. Nobody, and I repeat nobody is going to pay for a pay-per view event to watch Toney. He's irrelevant in the boxing world.

jaycuthroat
08-31-2010, 11:32 AM
i really wanted randy to stand for a little

armedequation
09-03-2010, 01:35 PM
i really wanted randy to stand for a little

how could toney not know the take down was coming? lol

UrbanBounca
09-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Toney made $500K for his fight, plus a percentage of total PPV sales. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

ebsoria
09-03-2010, 09:50 PM
leg kicks would probably totally take them out of their game. but at least they would have a better chance against a striker than a grappler.

Especially if they were of the variety that Aldo used to stop Faber.

TheQBGuru
09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

A boxer lost to an mma figher in an mma match?

say it ain't so

jc13
09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Toney was just in it for the money.

He banked 500k in a pathetic performance last saturday.

Randy made 200k.

The dude was non competitive and in there for the money.

jaycuthroat
09-03-2010, 10:43 PM
honestly i think dana payed tony to lose

jc13
09-03-2010, 10:54 PM
honestly i think dana payed tony to lose

I think he payed him enough to never come back.

I was disappointed in toney I was hopping for a better effort.

Chillez
09-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Anyone that know anything about MMA know Couture was going destroy James Toney. Toney is just a washed up boxer he's way past his prime for the fight and weigh ins he looked fat and out of shape. When a boxer meets a MMA fighter MMA wins 98% of the time unless the boxer has great TDD.

jc13
09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Anyone that know anything about MMA know Couture was going destroy James Toney. Toney is just a washed up boxer he's way past his prime for the fight and weigh ins he looked fat and out of shape. When a boxer meets a MMA fighter MMA wins 98% of the time unless the boxer has great TDD.

I knew Toney didn't stand much of a chance but kinda like Roegan said "I was hoping it was more competitive" or something similar to that.

Anyways it's always fun to see fighters who talk so much crap go into the octagon and end up being on the wrong side of an epic fail.

Chael, Mir (a couple times) , and others.

Can't wait to see one of the Diaz brothers on that list.

Chillez
09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
I knew Toney didn't stand much of a chance but kinda like Roegan said "I was hoping it was more competitive" or something similar to that.

Anyways it's always fun to see fighters who talk so much crap go into the octagon and end up being on the wrong side of an epic fail.

Chael, Mir (a couple times) , and others.

Can't wait to see one of the Diaz brothers on that list.

Yeah I might be one few that like Nick Diaz but I hate his brother Nate...

jc13
09-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah I might be one few that like Nick Diaz but I hate his brother Nate...

there both extremely talented but unfortunately they are both California cholo pot heads I deal with a lot of their kind where I'm from.

Don't be scared homie!