PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread- Pre-season Game 3, Steelers vs. Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Sitngrin
10-09-2006, 09:10 PM
I was very VERY impressed at how well they played this game (and the others up till now). Just wanted to say GREAT JOB guys! You played outstanding tonight!

Momentum
03-10-2009, 06:06 AM
When did we sign this guy? Former track star who we have signed to the roster. Could be a good ST guy. Any Cal people in here that know anything about him?

Markymarkuss777
08-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I wasn't able to see the whole game, but did Cox get a lot of playing time? If so, how did he do?

BroncoFanBoy
08-18-2010, 10:19 PM
he came, he played, he went to the locker room, then mcdonalds

RaiderFanSD
08-18-2010, 10:30 PM
He didn't play that well from what I've heard. I'm guessing he was probably just nervous. If he's what he's made out to be in practice then he'll eventually be fine in games.

Runner
08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Raw, maybe a little intimidated, but quick. He's going to be a great draft find.

DiversityA
08-18-2010, 10:37 PM
TO and Ocho would be pretty intimidating for a rookie in his first game.

Amari24
08-18-2010, 10:42 PM
He had to go against the likes of Ocho for one. And it was just his first game in the NFL. But he really didn't play the well.

cdumler7
08-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I would say return wise other than the fumble he almost broke a couple of plays. The first kickoff he found a seem and was so close to taking it for a huge gain so I expect this year he will greatly help our return game. I don't think he will actually be much better than Royal at the return game but it gives us the opportunity to have Royal more in the passing game.

The first preseason game is hard to judge a rookie though. The game is coming at them so fast and with all of the nerves they are bound to make some mistakes. Defensively he looked a little lost but I expect all of the talk from practice of how good he has looked will begin to show through the more he gets into game situations.

theMileHighGuy
08-19-2010, 12:27 AM
He was beaten by their big TE Gresham on two occasions if I recall correctly. I don't know if It was a speed thing or what, but that man is huge and definitely got the long strides on him. The fumble was a fluke. Catching punts isn't any different in the NFL than it is in college. Just jitters. I thought he looked fine in his action otherwise.

BroncoManiac_69
08-19-2010, 01:05 AM
I want to see more of him on ST in this preseason. I thought he was OK and as mentioned he's getting a feel of the big league. He suffered from a couple of breakdowns on the second unit front line so his not stellar performance is hard to judge already.

Next 3 weeks will give him the opportunity to shake it off and prove if he deserves a roster spot.

Kyousukeneko
08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
He was beaten by their big TE Gresham on two occasions if I recall correctly. I don't know if It was a speed thing or what, but that man is huge and definitely got the long strides on him. The fumble was a fluke. Catching punts isn't any different in the NFL than it is in college. Just jitters. I thought he looked fine in his action otherwise.

it was probably cox being around 6 inches shorter then gresham

theMileHighGuy
08-19-2010, 01:15 AM
I want to see more of him on ST in this preseason. I thought he was OK and as mentioned he's getting a feel of the big league. He suffered from a couple of breakdowns on the second unit front line so his not stellar performance is hard to judge already.

Next 3 weeks will give him the opportunity to shake it off and prove if he deserves a roster spot.

He really only got one (maybe two?) good shots at returns, and even then he never started with a whole lot of field to try and cross the other direction.

I want him to get plenty of opportunities, but I also would like to see Cassius Vaugn (such a cool name) get a few more cracks. I'd never heard of him before, but I can definitely say that he is pretty dang fast, nice acceleration, something we've lacked recently.:thumb:

BroncoManiac_69
08-19-2010, 01:21 AM
He really only got one (maybe two?) good shots at returns, and even then he never started with a whole lot of field to try and cross the other direction.

I want him to get plenty of opportunities, but I also would like to see Cassius Vaugn (such a cool name) get a few more cracks. I'd never heard of him before, but I can definitely say that he is pretty dang fast, nice acceleration, something we've lacked recently.:thumb:

With ST a big part of the game, I would like to see Vaugn get a couple of more shots but let's face it. He's one fighting for a spot more so than Cox.

Our ST problem isn't so much the return guy it's the blocking and lead dudes that need to learn and deploy their roles on returns.

Kyousukeneko
08-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Cassis vaughn impressed me, but he wont make the roster unless cox or Smith is cut. i hope he finds his way to the PS

i have been impressed by the pics of JMD,

DJ johnson
Tony Carter
Cassis vaughn

all have been impressive UDFA CB

Cox will make the team and next year he will spilt time with goodman as a starter, you've got to give CB time to adjust. it is one of the most dificult switches in the nfl from college

japfaff
08-19-2010, 05:02 AM
He played terrible... But so did everyone on the d not named Champ Bailey. In all fairness to him though it is tough to look good when everyone else is playing bad. Some people are just a little whacked on what they expect from him.... He is a rookie with 5th round talent playing in his first game... What do you expect??

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-19-2010, 06:13 AM
he looked bad on defense but i liked how looked on returns.

DiegoBRONCOFAN
08-19-2010, 06:43 AM
He played terrible... But so did everyone on the d not named Champ Bailey. In all fairness to him though it is tough to look good when everyone else is playing bad. Some people are just a little whacked on what they expect from him.... He is a rookie with 5th round talent playing in his first game... What do you expect??

Well said japfaff! :salute:

Foez
08-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Cox looked sloppy in pass coverage but he was a lower round pick and looked like he had potential...I hope for the best for him

DancingHorsey
08-19-2010, 07:18 AM
He looked like a rookie.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-19-2010, 09:35 AM
I think Perrish Cox had the butterflies against Cinci.It was his first NFL game so its expected.I will watch him the second game,i expect a ROY like performance this game for Cox.

geezerbronc
08-19-2010, 11:49 AM
He wiffed on one of the Bengals long runs. He looks like tackling isn't a strong part of his game.

-Rod-
08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
He looked pretty bad, one of the negative surprises of the game. But it was just his first preseason game.

Ryan_Nys
08-19-2010, 12:04 PM

I agree with everything but the bolded part. Most scouting reprts had said he'd be gone by the 3rd or 4th round, so I doubt talent is the issue. He had "character questions," which is what dropped his stock.

Otherwise I completely agree. CP to you! :salute:

Kansas Bob
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
The best part about a rookie is that they become 2nd and 3rd year players! That applies to Cox. Him and Smth will be our starting CB's in a few years!:thumb:

#24 Next Champ
08-19-2010, 12:29 PM
He'll get better, he was much faster and more athletic than I ever thought he'd be, which is greatttt cuz I've seen what he plays like when he's comfortable, he'll be a DAMN good corner, especially with all the stuff he's learnin from Champ...

JaysusCutler
08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Sub-par. I was waiting to see him, and focused on him most plays he was in. I was disappointed. It'll get better though.

broncofanfromia
08-19-2010, 01:21 PM
i think someone else already noted this, but i really thought he was close to breaking a big return on the first (or second not sure) KR he had.

JED Bronco
08-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Hopefully Champ rubs off on him. Needs to learn how to get physical. Can't pick or deflect every ball. You have to hit the WR so he will remember you next time.

Amari24
08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree with everything but the bolded part. Most scouting reprts had said he'd be gone by the 3rd or 4th round, so I doubt talent is the issue. He had "character questions," which is what dropped his stock.

Otherwise I completely agree. CP to you! :salute:

Well actually, most considered him 1st round talent, but the character issues bumped him back to a 3rd-5th round prospect..

omahaBroncoFan
08-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Poorly. His coverage was very soft. He missed a key tackle on a long run. His tackling of receivers was sub standard also. Hopefully we'll see a player more like one we've been hearing about in the next game.

Jack the Ripper
08-20-2010, 08:58 AM
To me it was mainly that he was out of position, which is correctable. I was pretty upset about the wiffed tackle that he attempted on the long run. But hopefully Wink got on the ENTIRE defense about the craptastic tackling that went on in the game. I remember at one point a Bengals receiver caught a pass and pass through at least 4 defenders before being brought down. :sad:

Markymarkuss777
08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I think another part of the equation we're leaving out is the fact that these rookies and first year guys are just starting to learn a whole new system. It will take time for them to get used to it, and get comfortable at the positions they're playing. Some guys are playing multiple positions such as Cox, so they have a lot of stuff on their mind, as well as using a lot more energy than players who only play one position. I think Cox will eventually adapt and be a great cornerback like Champ Bailey. He definitely has the talent, there's no question about that from his college days, or what is being said about him in practice.

qbronco
08-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Alot of criticism here for a rookie playing in his first NFL preseason game. The DP reported that he was seeing most of the reps with the first team defense this week. With Bailey out for the Detroit game, Cox will probably be starting. This will be a major test against some formidable receivers. I hope he does well and solidifies the secondary as a reliable player for years to come. The return game is an added bonus. I am as curious as everybody else as to see how good he can be.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Willis vs. Stokley...Willis

Moss needs to play with the 1s to see how he does since Haggan looked terrible except on the one TFL. Ayers looks like he needs a pass rusher opposite him to be effective.

Polumbus and Alphonso looked like they played their way off the team.

Decker is a welcome addition

ILB looks like a vulnerability, hopefully Haggan can move beck there. Mays and Ayodele were almost non existent tonight. I would like to see Haggan start at ILB and Moss at OLB next game just to see how it works.

Cox and Thompson looked like a nice change at KR.

Baker was getting a nice push up the middle once he got in the game.

Jarvis Green looks like wasted money, Thomas seems to be outplaying him at DE.

Eric and Seth Olsen finally got in the game and looked ok, they might have done better than Daniels or Hochstein.

Colquitt had an outstanding game, wish they would have kept him last year.

50 second TD drive at the end of the half...Sweet!

Branson looks like he has #3 TE sealed up.

I can hardly wait for Moreno and Buckhalter to get back. #3 and/or 4 will be tough to pick out from the rest. Most likely fargas until White gets off suspension but so far run game is scary bad.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Did Williams play much at the Nose?

Kansas Bob
08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Did Thompson and Cox get to play much CB? I saw that they both had good returns.
Thanks for you opinion.:orton:

rc0101
08-21-2010, 09:53 PM
What specific instance did A. Smith look bad?? I need to re-watch the game or something because I just didn't see where he looked horrible in coverage?

Kansas Bob
08-21-2010, 09:57 PM
What specific instance did A. Smith look bad?? I need to re-watch the game or something because I just didn't see where he looked horrible in coverage?

On this forum if A Smith had 3 INT's, 9 tackles, 5 pass breakups and missed one tackle, he would be a bum! lol:paper:

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Did Thompson and Cox get to play much CB? I saw that they both had good returns.
Thanks for you opinion.:orton:

Cox started at CB and had one tipped pass saving a TD and looked ok overall. Not great but ok, especially for his econd game. Thompson also played quite abit in the second half and also looked ok, he is super quick with good moves the little bit it showed him.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 09:59 PM
On this forum if A Smith had 3 INT's, 9 tackles, 5 pass breakups and missed one tackle, he would be a bum! lol:paper:

No he wouldn't but a bunch of missed tackles, dropped INT, and bone head plays on KR would sure start him down that path. I can point out several bad plays, can anyone point out 1 good one?

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Did Williams play much at the Nose?

I think he played most of the first half spelled by Fields. From what I saw he got doubled fairly often and held up pretty well. He didn't get much of a push up field but held his ground against the DT. That was my impression anyway.

Broncosinindy
08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
No he wouldn't but a bunch of missed tackles, dropped INT, and bone head plays on KR would sure start him down that path. I can point out several bad plays, can anyone point out 1 good one?

He needs to hit the Juggs machine but he was in position and didnt allow the catch. The only bonehead play i seen was the offisdes on the kickoffc. Other than that i thought he looked decent

rc0101
08-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Well one was that near INT..I have seen many great CB's drop INT's before..IF they had great hands they would be WR's after all..Plus had a PD..What was one bad play in coverage that he had??

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:05 PM

He didn't look bad in coverage necessarily, he just seemed like a non factor in the game. Playing at the end of the game he should have been able to do better playing against supposedly worse talent. He did have 1 pass deflection so I'll give him that but overall very disappointing play. Just my opinion, others will disagree and that's ok.

broncos1997
08-21-2010, 10:07 PM

that may be pretty bad, but thats not his primary job. did you remember any passes that he allowed?

rc0101
08-21-2010, 10:07 PM
He didn't look bad in coverage necessarily, he just seemed like a non factor in the game. Playing at the end of the game he should have been able to do better playing against supposedly worse talent. He did have 1 pass deflection so I'll give him that but overall very disappointing play. Just my opinion, others will disagree and that's ok.

Yeah of course he should be playing with the first unit with Champ out but he isn't there yet. I am just saying people are saying he played himself off the team and I just don't see it...Personally, I think a CB had a good game if you can't remember much of them during the game...Means they weren't getting thrown on.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Well one was that near INT..I have seen many great CB's drop INT's before..IF they had great hands they would be WR's after all..Plus had a PD..What was one bad play in coverage that he had??

How about the QB sneak for 20 yards or so where the 3rd string QB ran right past him. Or the missed tackle which allowed a nice long run and 1st down around the left side. I would have to rewatch the game myself to get more examples. He seemed lost and unsure of what to do. The missed INT wasn't so much him being in the right place but Moss' pressure forcing a quick throw that caused it in the first place unless that was his PD, I am unsure about it.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:12 PM
that may be pretty bad, but thats not his primary job. did you remember any passes that he allowed?

I would have to rewatch it to answer that question.

rc0101
08-21-2010, 10:14 PM
How about the QB sneak for 20 yards or so where the 3rd string QB ran right past him. Or the missed tackle which allowed a nice long run and 1st down around the left side. I would have to rewatch the game myself to get more examples. He seemed lost and unsure of what to do. The missed INT wasn't so much him being in the right place but Moss' pressure forcing a quick throw that caused it in the first place unless that was his PD, I am unsure about it.

That QB sneak ran past like 7 guys you can't really blame that on one guy..Should pin that on the D-line for not containing him before you blame Smith. I am not saying the guy is a pro bowler or anything like that but come on...Every player on D had multiple bad plays tonight...Think your singling him out just a tad?

broncos1997
08-21-2010, 10:15 PM
I would have to rewatch it to answer that question.

i'm not sure, but unless there were plays where he was beaten so bad he was out of the picture, then i personally don't remember a single one.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:21 PM
i'm not sure, but unless there were plays where he was beaten so bad he was out of the picture, then i personally don't remember a single one.

He had 2 tackles. I am going to assume he made those after the catch on a WR so I am guessing 2 passes were completed against him.

rc0101
08-21-2010, 10:23 PM
He had 2 tackles. I am going to assume he made those after the catch on a WR so I am guessing 2 passes were completed against him.

I hope your not serious?? Goodman had like 5 tackles...Should we cut him?

Every CB is going to have passes completed against him..Did he give up a TD? Get burnt for a big gain? He had a pretty good game minus the dumb kickoff mistake.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:26 PM
That QB sneak ran past like 7 guys you can't really blame that on one guy..Should pin that on the D-line for not containing him before you blame Smith. I am not saying the guy is a pro bowler or anything like that but come on...Every player on D had multiple bad plays tonight...Think your singling him out just a tad?

I didn't blame for the QB sneak entirely but he was close to the play and should have made the play as should have the other guys but I wasn't talking about them.

I also said Mays and Ayodele were a liability at ILB and Haggan played poorly at OLB as well. From what I saw those 4 players had the worst games, on defense at least. On offense I also said Polumbus played himself out of a job and the Olsens might have done better at OG than Daniel's or Hochstein who also seemed to have bad games....so no, I don't think I singled out Smith.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I hope your not serious?? Goodman had like 5 tackles...Should we cut him?

Every CB is going to have passes completed against him..Did he give up a TD? Get burnt for a big gain? He had a pretty good game minus the dumb kickoff mistake.

You are taking things out of context...someone asked if any passes were completed against him so I answered. I responded to this post "that may be pretty bad, but thats not his primary job. did you remember any passes that he allowed? " I didn't say he allowed 2 passes and should be cut, I think his overall play was poor. You are entitled to your opinion and we don't have to agree but if he had such a good game why was he still in at the end?

rc0101
08-21-2010, 10:34 PM
You are taking things out of context...someone asked if any passes were completed against him so I answered. I responded to this post "that may be pretty bad, but thats not his primary job. did you remember any passes that he allowed? " I didn't say he allowed 2 passes and should be cut, I think his overall play was poor. You are entitled to your opinion and we don't have to agree but if he had such a good game why was he still in at the end?

Because to this point in his career he has underperformed and needs the experience..I don't think he played himself off the team...But we will just have to agree to disagree...

broncos1997
08-21-2010, 10:37 PM
You are taking things out of context...someone asked if any passes were completed against him so I answered. I didn't say he allowed 2 passes and should be cut, I think his overall play was poor. You are entitled to your opinion and we don't have to agree but if he had such a good game why was he still in at the end?

first of all, i find it kinda funny that hes dissed for his run support and now since he has two tackles it means that both of them must have been because he blew his own assignment. but thats beside the point, i can confirm that one of them at least, involved him running up and tackling a TE. i don't think it was his man, but even it was, it was like a 3 yard gain. the other one, i vaguely remember him going low on a receiver that wasn't his.

so yeah, other than about to missed tackles and that ridiculous offsides, i think he played well.and i have no idea where your "playing till the end" argument comes in.

Broncosinindy
08-21-2010, 10:39 PM

You need to blame that on the lack of pass rush and the QB sitting back there picking us apart.

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 10:44 PM
first of all, i find it kinda funny that hes dissed for his run support and now since he has two tackles it means that both of them must have been because he blew his own assignment. but thats beside the point, i can confirm that one of them at least, involved him running up and tackling a TE. i don't think it was his man, but even it was, it was like a 3 yard gain. the other one, i vaguely remember him going low on a receiver that wasn't his.

so yeah, other than about to missed tackles and that ridiculous offsides, i think he played well.and i have no idea where your "playing till the end" argument comes in.

Most of the guys playing in the final minutes of the game won't make either team. He was a high second round pick playing with those same players and he still couldn't make a play. He should be able to make some kind of play going against them.

I also didn't say he blew his coverage. Just because a CB makes a tackle on WR doesn't mean he blew the coverage, it just means the pass was completed and the tackler made the play afterwards. You asked if any passes were completed on him..I guessed and said so. So far, the couple of you who think he had a good game can not give any examples of how it was good except for 1 pass he deflected.

broncos1997
08-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Most of the guys playing in the final minutes of the game won't make either team. He was a high second round pick playing with those same players and he still couldn't make a play. He should be able to make some kind of play going against them.

I also didn't say he blew his coverage. Just because a CB makes a tackle on WR doesn't mean he blew the coverage, it just means the pass was completed and the tackler made the play afterwards. You asked if any passes were completed on him..I guessed and said so. So far, the couple of you who think he had a good game can not give any examples of how it was good except for 1 pass he deflected.

oohhhh gotcha. see i'm not arguing that hes been bad in the past (which is the reason hes playing with the third stringers till the end), i'm just saying that he was pretty decent today, which has no effect on when or how long he would play in this particular game.

and also, it seems like you want to just him by whether he has any picks or whether he made any nice tackles. like i said, you can't judge a corner like that. i know its a common reference, but take asomugha for example, top 3 CB but rarely makes any plays and you never here his named mentioned because he just blankets his receiver all day and no QB even bothers to throw that way. thats what smith did today and thats why he didn't make any "plays"

rc0101
08-21-2010, 10:50 PM

Already did...Near INT and "only" having 2 passes completed on him is a pretty good game for a CB.

emac87
08-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Just got back from the game....will watch the recording of it tomorrow

My thoughts (besides Alphonso Smith)

Both offensive and defensive lines looked bad quite often. Offensively, there were no holes opening at all. I kinda blame McD for continuing to run the ball up the middle when it clearly didn't work at all. Defensive line looked to get pushed around as Detroit ran the ball rather effectively. However, some runs were just pure effort from the RB, who would bounce it outside for a huge gain.

Both ILBs were putrid. Poor job at shooting the gap and coming in hard in run support. I just kept telling myself "thank God these aren't our normal starters". Defense as a whole seemed to have that bend but don't break persona. Detroit would drive down the field w/ ease, but once it got inside the red zone, Broncos' D stiffened up. I did like seeing that multiple times.

Offensively, it got off to a slow start. They had a decent first drive, but turned it over. Orton was effective and seems to really have good pocket presence. Detroit put a lot of pressure on Orton and Quinn. Difference is, Orton knows when to get rid of the ball and Quinn continues to hold it too long. Running game was aweful. Hall had a few decent runs in the 4th quarter, but that's about it. WRs made some nice catches, moves and adjustments tonight. Decker, Willis, Gaffney all looked really good. Orton is recognizing the CB when he has his back completely turned and he fires the ball at the CB knowing it will likely get him a PI call. He did it last week and did it twice tonight too. Nice heads up play.

Overall, first team offense looked good. Need better blocking and pass pro from the the line. We definitely need to get the running game going once we get some healthy RBs. Defensively, little to no pass rush adn it looks like it may be another tough year for run defense if they dont' get stuff figured out. I realize we don't have 2 of our starting LBs in and the other was playing OLB instead of ILB. Moss had a great move to make that sack and turnover. Defense still has trouble recognizing the TE and also the RB in the flats.....

broncos SB2010
08-21-2010, 11:37 PM
oohhhh gotcha. see i'm not arguing that hes been bad in the past (which is the reason hes playing with the third stringers till the end), i'm just saying that he was pretty decent today, which has no effect on when or how long he would play in this particular game.

and also, it seems like you want to just him by whether he has any picks or whether he made any nice tackles. like i said, you can't judge a corner like that. i know its a common reference, but take asomugha for example, top 3 CB but rarely makes any plays and you never here his named mentioned because he just blankets his receiver all day and no QB even bothers to throw that way. thats what smith did today and thats why he didn't make any "plays"

Already did...Near INT and "only" having 2 passes completed on him is a pretty good game for a CB.

I'm not judging him on picks or nice tackles or coverage ability. I judged him on overall performance. You can't tell if he had his man covered or not since the camera doesn't show it. I just fastforwarded the second half and it rarely showed Smith in coverage after the snap so none of us can say how he did there. He did let the game winning run go by him though. I said earlier that it wasn't all his fault but now I take that back and say it was his fault. Stanton ran right through the hole past Smith. Smith was blitzing, had his hand on the QB and missed the tackle allowing the TD. That was his play to make and he blew it. Same with the run by Toone. Smith had him in the backfield and missed again. He had his hands one 2 passes both of which could have easily been INTs and both of which were initiated by pressure from Moss.

The point being here, that every time he had an opportunity for a big play he didn't make the play. Someone, maybe one of you, said something like you can't judge a CB by run support since it isn't their main job but if they consistently fail at it when does it come into play in an evaluation of the overall player? With the game on the line, you have got to make those plays no matter what position you play. If Smith makes that play, it's 4th down and the Lions try for the FG only going up by 2 instead of 5.

I stand by what I said and as you said we will just have to agree to disagree.

kratos_godofwar
08-22-2010, 01:31 AM

If you're not hearing much of name when he's in, then he's doing his job. He wasn't really tested at all. He made 1, that's right 1 bone headed play, and that was on special teams. He's been our most consistent tackler through the pre-season. That's a blessing considering that none of our 2nd/3rd/4th stringers can really tackle.

Sure there was a pick that was pretty much given to him and he missed it. But all corners will have missed opportunities like that.

templeton
08-22-2010, 06:33 AM
I thought our Defense looked pretty bad.. Couldn't stop anything. the pass coverage is what killed us last night.
on a positive note, i thought Cox played very well. He has got some serious speed. on his punt return in the 4th, I thought he was going to get steam-rolled by three Lions, but somehow he managed to make it through for a nice gain.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-22-2010, 08:41 AM
I just wish we could have all of our starters and players ready for the next game.Its really hard to gauge this team when we are not showing any of our players,do to injury i guess.Maybe this can only help us,every team will under estimate us this season.Dont show your cards until they are played.From what i have watched Orton is playing a lot better,and we have Jamal Williams.Hopefully,we will have more bright spots to smile about once the season starts.

marco1257
08-22-2010, 12:45 PM
will hurt us this year. As seen in the preseason we are not conditioned correctly and have had too many injuries. We will go 7-9, no pass rush and a very inconsistant running game just like last year. No deep threats for a passing game to keep people from stuffing us at the line of scrimmage. We will improve based on McDaniels getting good people to play on the team as oppossed to premiadonas. But it will take at least another two years. Do you have the patience?

WestwoodsBronco
08-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Willis vs. Stokley...Willis

Moss needs to play with the 1s to see how he does since Haggan looked terrible except on the one TFL. Ayers looks like he needs a pass rusher opposite him to be effective.

Polumbus and Alphonso looked like they played their way off the team.

Decker is a welcome addition

ILB looks like a vulnerability, hopefully Haggan can move beck there. Mays and Ayodele were almost non existent tonight. I would like to see Haggan start at ILB and Moss at OLB next game just to see how it works.

Cox and Thompson looked like a nice change at KR.

Baker was getting a nice push up the middle once he got in the game.

Jarvis Green looks like wasted money, Thomas seems to be outplaying him at DE.

Eric and Seth Olsen finally got in the game and looked ok, they might have done better than Daniels or Hochstein.

Colquitt had an outstanding game, wish they would have kept him last year.

50 second TD drive at the end of the half...Sweet!

Branson looks like he has #3 TE sealed up.

I can hardly wait for Moreno and Buckhalter to get back. #3 and/or 4 will be tough to pick out from the rest. Most likely fargas until White gets off suspension but so far run game is scary bad.

Smith had the best coverage of any of our corners tonight. Had couple nice tackles and broke up a couple passes. I dont get what you want from him. Dropped a pic but the fact that he was there making plays is nice.

beastlyskronk
08-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't recall any passes being completed on Smith or Cox. Maybe I missed one or two but he looked very good in coverage. And that near INT wasn't all because of Moss, Smith did jump that route, his timing was just a tad off and he dropped it. His tackling has been poor though but I do expect him to get better.

broncos1997
08-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not judging him on picks or nice tackles or coverage ability. I judged him on overall performance. You can't tell if he had his man covered or not since the camera doesn't show it. I just fastforwarded the second half and it rarely showed Smith in coverage after the snap so none of us can say how he did there. He did let the game winning run go by him though. I said earlier that it wasn't all his fault but now I take that back and say it was his fault. Stanton ran right through the hole past Smith. Smith was blitzing, had his hand on the QB and missed the tackle allowing the TD. That was his play to make and he blew it. Same with the run by Toone. Smith had him in the backfield and missed again. He had his hands one 2 passes both of which could have easily been INTs and both of which were initiated by pressure from Moss.

The point being here, that every time he had an opportunity for a big play he didn't make the play. Someone, maybe one of you, said something like you can't judge a CB by run support since it isn't their main job but if they consistently fail at it when does it come into play in an evaluation of the overall player? With the game on the line, you have got to make those plays no matter what position you play. If Smith makes that play, it's 4th down and the Lions try for the FG only going up by 2 instead of 5.

I stand by what I said and as you said we will just have to agree to disagree.

i don't know what your talking about. you don't have to see a CB covering his receiver all the way through to know if hes doing his job. the fact that not ONE pass (i'll stand corrected if someone can cite a play, but i didn't remember any) was completed on him means hes doing something right. i don't know how you can keep denying that.

JvDub95
08-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Other than the KR play I thought he played very well. I didn't see many missed tackles. I thought he did a good job of blitzing and when he was 1 on 1 with the ball carrier, he got him down probably 50% of the time. That's not bad considering he is 5'9" and the ball carrier is usually carrying an extra 30-60 pound weight difference on him. Imo, Smith makes the team along with Thompson and Cox. All 3 are far and away better than any other CB on the roster.

d-bronx42
08-22-2010, 01:53 PM
People are being WAY to hard on Alphonso... Yes, he did have one of the stupidest penalties i have ever seen, but his coverage skills were very good last night.

He almost had an INT and also had a TFL... I only saw 1 pass completed on him all game (and i just watched it for the 2nd time.) So to say he played his way off the team is a stretch. To say the least. Maybe it was Nate Jones you were thinking of? Now he was terrible...

broncos SB2010
08-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I agree that I over exaggerated by saying Smith played his way off the team since they wouldn't cut someone after 1 year after being drafted so high but I still think he played very poorly. Think what you guys want but if you look at what Smith did in context I think you would agree with me. Yes, Smith allowed only 1 pass, maybe not even that, I am unsure. First, just because he didn't allow a pass doesn't mean he was covering well, it just means someone else was open too. He was not on camera to see if he was having solid coverage so how can you say he was doing well if you couldn't see him. I watched the second half again and they zoomed in on the pass quickly so Smith was taken out of the shot.

Second, even if he was playing good coverage, who was he covering? I saw him covering Toone a lot of the second half who was playing in the slot. Toone was the very last guy drafted this past year who may not even make the team. Think how it might have been it was Wes Welker or Hines Ward. I think he would have gotten abused. The guys in the first half were covering Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Scheffler and Bryant Johnson. The guys in the second half, including Smith, were covering Toone, Derrick Williams, Dennis Northcutt, Will Heller, Eric Fowler, and Brian Clark. Who are these guys? Will they even make the team? Out of those 2nd half guys Northcutt is the only real player with any experience. Derrick Williams has potential but Smith didn't cover him very often. It shouldn't be all that hard for Smith to cover any of those guys in the second half.

One of the reasons Champ is considered one of the best CBs in the league is his ability to help in support. Smith had 2 opportunities for big plays against the run. One was Toone running an end around, Smith hit him and whiffed turning a 4 yard loss into a 6 yard gain. The second, he was blitzing the QB, had Stanton 1-on-1, once again had his hand on him and whiffed, allowing the go ahead TD to score. The very next play after that whiff was his penalty on the KO after the extra point. So he allowed the TD to score then negated a penalty moving the ball to the 40 when the Broncos need a TD to reclaim the lead with little time left on the clock. He did have the 2 pass breakups, both of which were influenced by pressure from Moss, 1 against Toone, and one against Williams. Smith only made 1 tackle, they give him credit for a 2nd which was considered a TFL, but the second one was when Stanton fumbled the snap, fell on the ball and Smith was lucky enough to be the first to touch him down.

So, once again, you can believe what you want but Smith failed to make a big play in the 4 chances he got even though he was primarily playing against bottom rung players. If he had been covering Calvin Johnson in the first half, you very well might have been the first guys to agree with me.

Denver Mike
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Personally I say keep the kid, you never know what can happen, he might stink now but I think that somewhere down the road he can be a solid backup...

Then again a team like possibly the Bucs, Jags, or maybe even the Bills might want to trade a mid round pick in the upcoming draft or even possibly a guy for our Oline. Thoughts?

Alastor
08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
He's better than almost anyone else we could trade for now, and he's several months into the system while anyone else would be lost.

You dance with the boy that brought you.

I think switching now would probably do more harm than good, and it's really not McDaniels' style to do the qb shuffle (Unless he has to; Cutler).

theMileHighGuy
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
He's better than almost anyone else we could trade for now, and he's several months into the system while anyone else would be lost.

You dance with the boy that brought you.

I think switching now would probably do more harm than good, and it's really not McDaniels' style to do the qb shuffle (Unless he has to; Cutler).

How long can we carry 3 QBs? With the possibility of carrying 7 WRs, and possibly just as many CBs, roster spots are going to be pretty thin, and we know KO and Tebow aren't going anywhere.

In response to aMHG, I would like to keep him long enough to show that he is markedly improved over his former Cleveland self, then ship him off to a desperate team.

Topgun
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
keep him...........for now. I have faith in the guy, IMO we havent seen the real Quinn, but then again i could be wrong. Im gonna choose to see the glass half full on this one

12and4
08-25-2010, 11:06 PM
keep him, he could turn out to be excellent in the current system with some time.

EJ7
08-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Really?

Keep him.

Alastor
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
How long can we carry 3 QBs?

All season.

Whether we keep Quinn or trade Quinn there are going to be three quarterbacks for now.

Even if we trade Quinn out for someone else, that's still another body on the roster. I can't think of many positions that might dictate how our season turns out more than the QB position.

80stheman
08-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Keep him. I'll be the first to admit I'm disappointed in his performance so far. I was looking forward to having him on the team, and even challenging for the starting job. That's not going to happen now, but even though he has struggled, I'm not willing to totally give up on the guy. He looked better against Detroit than he did against Cincinnati. In both games he was shaky at the beginning, but did better as the game went on. He has a lot of work to do, but it's a new team, new system (yeah, he essentially played in this system in at ND, but that was five years ago) and it will take some time. He's also a veteran, and I still think he will improve. Tebow, as much as everyone thinks he's the savior, is a rookie. If something happens to Orton, I'm not so sure Tebow is ready to step in as a starter yet. Quinn will come around. Give him a chance.

Kyousukeneko
08-25-2010, 11:21 PM
keep him for another year he hasn't proven to me like simms he is utterly hopeless yet. give him and tebow a year or two, he is still a decent back up.

theshiverman
08-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Keep him, i know he hasent looked good in preseason so far, but Orton didnt look too hot in preseason last year learning this offense and he had the starters around him, we may have to depend on Quinn at some point in the season so i say keep him.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-26-2010, 12:05 AM
I say keep him,he will get better.I thought Quinn had improved a lot since the first game he played.

Orange Faith
08-26-2010, 12:09 AM
For some reason the movie 'Old Yeller' comes to mind.

Houdini
08-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Personally I say keep the kid, you never know what can happen, he might stink now but I think that somewhere down the road he can be a solid backup...

Then again a team like possibly the Bucs, Jags, or maybe even the Bills might want to trade a mid round pick in the upcoming draft or even possibly a guy for our Oline. Thoughts?

A few points I wish to make:

1) A third emergency QB does not take up a roster spot on game days. Its good to have one just in case.

2) Only way I see for a decent trade is if multiple teams suffer some bad injuries. I highly doubt this scenario but its still there if the former situation occurs.

3) Only downside for now is the splitting of reps with Tim. Thats about all I can think of. It certainly outweighs the splitting of reps in keeping Quinn on the roster.

Kansas Bob
08-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Let Coach McDaniel work with Quinn for a year like he has with Orton and he might surprise you! He has talent but has to get Cleveland out of his system!:thumb:

Nimrod
08-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Quinn has been disappointing but it is preseason. He has not been in this system very long. Tim probably looked better because of what he can do when things fall apart.

But I will ask you this - who is your current backup? Without Quinn you have nobody else on the field. Tim is banged up and we don't know when he will return, unless I missed an update. Having said all that - I think I would be getting Tim as many reps as possible when he is able.

:salute:

P.S. I did miss an update but I think you get what I mean. :)

neckbeard
08-26-2010, 07:06 AM
1) A third emergency QB does not take up a roster spot on game days. Its good to have one just in case.
That's the 45-man GAMEDAY roster you're talking about. The 3rd QB does count against the 54-man SEASON roster. With injuries already running rampant at the WR & RB positions, it might be preferable to carry as much depth as possible there. Getting rid of Quinn allows Denver to carry another receiver - if needed.

Unfortunately, I think that because of his NFL level of experience, Josh can't just hide Quinn on the practice squad. Too bad, I doubt any other team would grab him off of there at this point...

owninit
08-26-2010, 07:18 AM
The down side is that he takes up a spot on the 53 man roster.

the up side is that he's better than simms, and you'll never get anything for him in a trade. He's started NFL games, and is probably useful in the film room, and mentoring Tebow with the preasures of endorsement deals, and being in the spot light.

I say keep him.

Dekelia
08-26-2010, 07:19 AM
We need three QBs, especially since Orton has been hurt two years in a row, and Tebow is still suffering from his injury. He also looked ok in his last game and I'm not so sure Tebow is the best option at backup yet (he's only played one quarter).

I don't think we'd get anything for him anyway. If some desperate team came in and offered something real, I might say take it, but I don't see that happening.

lolcopter
08-26-2010, 07:52 AM
if we can get value, trade him. otherwise let him ride the bench at #3 QB then dump him at the end of the season

RazR
08-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Keep him. But he's going to have to pay rent for that spot he takes up on the bench. #3 on the depth chart if he continues that type of play.

$Broncos$
08-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Trade him to the Bears if he stinks it up in the rest of the Preseason,

They desperately need a backup Qb, and I am sure we could either get a pick in 2011 or a player. Or maybe two 1sts and a 3rd:thumb:

-Rod-
08-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately, I think that because of his NFL level of experience, Josh can't just hide Quinn on the practice squad. Too bad, I doubt any other team would grab him off of there at this point...

I am sure Brady Quinn would never last on a practice squad. Many teams carry 3 quarterbacks into the season and Quinn would be an interesting 3rd QB in several places.

Trade him... for what? Dump him... to add who? Keep him, he is 25 years old and has 2 years left on his rookie deal. It's risky to play the regular season with only 2 quarterbacks on the roster.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-26-2010, 08:22 AM
I am sure Brady Quinn would never last on a practice squad. Many teams carry 3 quarterbacks into the season and Quinn would be an interesting 3rd QB in several places.

Trade him... for what? Dump him... to add who? Keep him, he is 25 years old and has 2 years left on his rookie deal. It's risky to play the regular season with only 2 quarterbacks on the roster.

I think this sums it up pretty well. Unless someone comes offering a 3rd round pick or better, we should keep him.

FlyByU
08-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Maybe we can get Hillis back LOL!

Not as Hillis is a Starter for the Browns now.

Payton Hillis

Running Preseason 2 games
14 Car 54Yrds 3.8avg

Receiving Preseason 2 games
5 Rec 46Yrds 9.2avg

Brady Quinn

Passing Preseason 2 games
17/33 51.1% 183yrds 5.5avg 1 int 54.6 QB Rating

PowderAddict
08-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Maybe Chicago would trade us two 1sts and a 5th for him.

They can keep their current QB though.

Amari24
08-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Defintley keep him, for .now anyways. Anything could happen to Orton, then we'd be force to rush Tebow in.

bucking bronco
08-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Payton Hillis

14 Car 54Yrds 3.8avg

5 Rec 46Yrds 9.2avg

Brady Quinn

Really says it all, doesn't it. Did anybody watch the Browns vs. Rams? Hillis was busting heads and getting the fans excited like he used to do in Denver. The Hillis for Quinn trade will go down as a huge mistake by McD, if it hasn't already.

-Rod-
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Payton Hillis

14 Car 54Yrds 3.8avg

5 Rec 46Yrds 9.2avg

Brady Quinn

Please. We don't need 5 more pages with this stuff. :shake:

MHS
08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
keep him. If anything he can push tebow. He also comes cheap unless he plays like 80 percent the snaps, which he wont.

bucking bronco
08-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Dump him before he actually has to start a game. We don't need a repeat of Chris Simms. I would say trade him but let's get real, nobody wants him.

Hadez
08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Keep him, i know he hasent looked good in preseason so far, but Orton didnt look too hot in preseason last year learning this offense and he had the starters around him, we may have to depend on Quinn at some point in the season so i say keep him.

+1

Really like Quinn's arm and mobility.

Give the guy time to pick up the offense. Orton looked allot like Quinn in 2009 in the preseaon if people remember.

Quinn is SOOO much better a backup then Simms was.

Syvari
08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
he has no trade value so why tarde him

91bronco
08-26-2010, 03:34 PM
What would we owe the Browns considering they are still due a conditional pick next year because of the trade? If he does not stick on the roster, is a conditional pick still due?

With Orton performing well I just don't see Quinn getting any playing time with Tebow on the roster. It will be a miracle if Orton holds Tebow off the starting job long term- where does Quinn fit in??? Tebow possesses the same skill set as Quinn... Is the roster spot more valuable with someone who has a better chance of seeing the field???

Trade value aside, I don't really envision him getting much playing time even if Orton goes down this year- my .02

thinkin101
08-26-2010, 04:03 PM
We currently don't have a top tier QB so the more the merrier I say. There is a good possibility Orton will get hurt. Tebow is going to get hurt for sure and that leaves us with whom. He might turn out to be the starter who knows. It's hard to perform at a high level in a new system while playing with all the backups and players that won't make the team. I say keep him.

broncolee
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Given that Orton's extension says more about how the Broncos feel about Quinn than it does Orton, I think it might be best to just dump Quinn.

If Orton goes down, they'd probably just be better off letting Tebow take over.

FlyByU
08-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Really says it all, doesn't it. Did anybody watch the Browns vs. Rams? Hillis was busting heads and getting the fans excited like he used to do in Denver. The Hillis for Quinn trade will go down as a huge mistake by McD, if it hasn't already.

I believe it was a big mistake and I also think that McD and Hillis might not have clicked very well.

If you look at NFL.com stats for the Browns you will see that Hillis is #1 for the Browns in Rushing and Receiving. IMO McD just didnít want to use Hillis because he was Shanahan's pick and a good one. Well I hope he has a great year I will always be a Hillis fan no matter where he plays. You never know he maybe back in Denver in a few years.

Bernie24
08-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Trade him for Leinart maybe a change of scenery is just what that Cardinal needs! :smash:

lol

Alastor
08-26-2010, 09:50 PM
IMO McD just didnít want to use Hillis because he was Shanahan's pick and a good one.

Marshall? Royal? Clady? Harris? Bailey? Haggan was a Shanahan pickup, right? Prater? Graham? McKinley? Stokley? Kuper? Williams?

I dunno dude. I see a flaw in your theory here...

mbu
08-27-2010, 09:26 AM
How much is Quinn costing the Broncos?

80stheman
08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Dump him before he actually has to start a game. We don't need a repeat of Chris Simms. I would say trade him but let's get real, nobody wants him.

I think Quinn could end up being the opposite of Simms. Remember that Simms actually looked decent in the '09 preseason. Some people were calling for him to be the starter over Orton. It was only when Orton was injured and Simms came off the bench that he struggled. Quinn is still learning the system and is improving. He played better in the Detroit game. I still think that when the reg season gets here, and Brady's had even more time to learn the playbook and get comfortable, that if he's needed he'll perform well.

FlyByU
08-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Marshall? Royal? Clady? Harris? Bailey? Haggan was a Shanahan pickup, right? Prater? Graham? McKinley? Stokley? Kuper? Williams?

Ok where are they this year dont forget Cutler. Also I am talking Draft picks I should of made that clear as well. It also could have been they just didnt get along very well. Again its my opinion so not really a big deal.

PowderAddict
08-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok where are they this year dont forget Cutler. Also I am talking Draft picks I should of made that clear as well. Again its my opinion so not really a big deal.

half those players listed are still starters with Denver :laugh:

Yeah, McD hates Shanny players, thatís why Kuper, Clady, and Harris are all starters on the O-line :goofy:

If the defensive players drafted were any good (like DJ Williams, who starts BTW), there would be more of them, but that was a pretty serious issue :laugh:

FlyByU
08-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Like I said a clash of personalities can cause a lot of problems between people.

bucking bronco
08-27-2010, 11:44 AM

McD simply didn't like Hillis as a person. I don't know why. Nobody does. But it was obvious.

So now Hillis is gone to the Browns where he is still running hard, breaking tackles and punishing defenders while the Broncos are stuck with a pretty boy with inaccuracy problems throwing the ball. McD made a huge screwup by letting his pride get in the way of common sense and the team will be worse off.

Gbt31
08-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Keep him this year, but have Tebow ahead of him on depth chart. Dump him after the season and hope that the conditional 7th rounder this year(or was it actually next year) can't escalate to a 3rd due to his playing time.

Grad53
08-27-2010, 04:46 PM
You cant judge a QB by the preseason, Orton, and Simms prooved that last year. You have a vanilla offense playing a vanilla defense and you see a lot of plays called to help coaches with player evaluation for those on the bubble. The best thing that Quinn has is starting experience during regular season games. Was he ever given a honest shot or was the hook too fast in Cleveland? I dont know, I never follow the Browns unless they affect the Broncos in some way. So I say he isnt worse than Simms, the backup position is upgraded, and Orton knows that there is a guy behind him who has started. BTW: I grew up in Denver and this pages has a King Soopers ad on it.... I miss King Soopers...

Pacohlgs78
08-27-2010, 05:40 PM
He has talent but has to get Cleveland out of his system!:thumb:

Just what I was thinking.

Pacohlgs78
08-27-2010, 05:51 PM
IMO McD just didnít want to use Hillis because he was Shanahan's pick and a good one. How do you explain Clady? Doom? I think it comes down to attitude.

You never know he maybe back in Denver in a few years.

Don't hold your breath :helmet:

Momentum
08-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Quinn isn't an NFL QB. I'd much rather just put Tebow in and lose games in the name of experience for him if Orton gets injured.

broncolassiter
08-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Might as well trade him. Let me explane why, If we want to use Tebow in special formations, he will have to be moved up to second string. The third QB is listed as inactive during games and the only way he can be activated is if both the other QB's go down.

nickmeyer
08-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Given what McDaniels has been able to do for Orton, why wouldn't you keep him I mean give the guy a damn chance, 2 preseason games and you guys want to axe the guy lmao. Quinn will be fine and a starter in this league before he is done because of what he learns with his time in Denver.

Flatlander Fan
08-28-2010, 06:08 AM
DUMP HIM! That is, unless we could trade him for an up and coming fullback who has amazing pass catching ability and works his butt off in any way that is asked of him. ;)

Anyone who thinks Quinn has any value on our roster is kidding themselves.

bucking bronco
08-28-2010, 06:21 AM
How do you explain Clady? Doom? I think it comes down to attitude.

Hillis seems to have the right attitude in Cleveland so maybe it's the coach. The thing about Hillis is he's not a very good blocker for a FB and basically, in McD's system, a FB is just an occasional blocker on pass plays and nothing else. Anybody with a shred of honesty can watch Hillis run and realize he moves quick for a 240 lb FB and can catch the ball very well. McD probably let Hillis know his days of running with the ball were over and he better learn how to block or he'll be riding the bench. I'm sure some friction developed between them and McD took the first opportunity to trade Hillis away. Unfortunately, the Broncos lost draft picks and a talented RB and only got a career draft bust in return.

MindField
08-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Brady Quinn sux, period, and we should have kept Brandstater.

I expect he will make the team and be a one year proposition and will be gone sometime in the offseason.

Ohenhen12345
08-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I voted trade him, maybe we can send him back to Cleveland and get Peyton Hillis back.

nickmeyer
08-28-2010, 02:09 PM
All you Hillis boys talk to me at the end of the year until then Hillis has proved nothing in the NFL yet.

80stheman
08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
All you Hillis boys talk to me at the end of the year until then Hillis has proved nothing in the NFL yet.

He was our leading rusher in '08. He may have had only 343 yds, but he avg'd 5 yds per rush. Not bad for a converted fullback coming off the bench. And he proved that he was willing to do whatever was asked of him.

KO8pectate
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Given what McDaniels has been able to do for Orton, why wouldn't you keep him I mean give the guy a damn chance, 2 preseason games and you guys want to axe the guy lmao. Quinn will be fine and a starter in this league before he is done because of what he learns with his time in Denver.

Quinn is coming from much further away than Orton . Kyle basically arrived as a 3000 yard passer .

I agree that its too early to begin crucifying the guy but people shouldve never hyped him like they did to begin with when he first arrived.But now its time to sit back and let Quinn master his current role.

-Rod-
08-28-2010, 03:31 PM

Unfortunately, we can same the same thing about all the current RBs on our roster. Well, this thread became a Hillis discussion, what a surprise. Anyway, all I know is that Hillis has been an important piece of the Browns offense this preseason, and he is seeing a lot of action with the 1st team during the 3rd game. 6 carries, 3 receptions, 1 touchdown. On the other hand, LaMont Jordan, the guy that McDaniels placed ahead of Hillis on our depth chart last season, is out of the NFL and no one even cares about bringing him for a tryout.

Alastor
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately, we can same the same thing about all the current RBs on our roster. Well, this thread became a Hillis discussion, what a surprise. Anyway, all I know is that Hillis has been an important piece of the Browns offense this preseason, and he is seeing a lot of action with the 1st team during the 3rd game. 6 carries, 3 receptions, 1 touchdown. On the other hand, LaMont Jordan, the guy that McDaniels placed ahead of Hillis on our depth chart last season, is out of the NFL and no one even cares about bringing him for a tryout.

In Cleveland the role of a FB is different than it was in Denver. If all it came down to was his ability to run straight ahead and catch passes in the flat in Denver, we'd have probably kept him. That's not all we ask of our FBs in Denver though.

I'd also point out that being competitive among Cleveland's fullbacks doesn't really mean someone is all that great. It's not all that high of a hill to climb.

-Rod-
08-28-2010, 04:04 PM
In Cleveland the role of a FB is different than it was in Denver. If all it came down to was his ability to run straight ahead and catch passes in the flat in Denver, we'd have probably kept him. That's not all we ask of our FBs in Denver though.

I'd also point out that being competitive among Cleveland's fullbacks doesn't really mean someone is all that great. It's not all that high of a hill to climb.

He is a RB and H-back there more than anything. They have Lawrence Vickers who is a pretty good blocking FB.

1987Broncos
08-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Being an Arkansan, I have no doubt that Hillis can play ball. McDaniels didnt want him so hes gone. It sucks but thats that. He was one of the guys I really wanted to see succeed. I think he got a raw deal but I'm pleased that he got picked up. I wish him all the best, just not against us, lol. Seriously though..I think we lost a diamond in the rough but atleast he found a new home in Cleveland.

Uglybass
08-28-2010, 04:38 PM
He's playing behind a 3rd string o-line and all the 2nd and 3rd string receivers. It's not like he is getting annihilated behind the 1st team offense. From what I see he barely gets any time. I mean he isn't that good, but Orton at least gets some time to throw the ball. He is going to be a decent back up, MUCH better than Simms.

Pruke
08-28-2010, 05:56 PM
We aren't going to get anything of value and he's better than Simms (as hard as that may be to believe at times) as a backup.

neckbeard
08-29-2010, 07:05 AM
He's playing behind a 3rd string o-line and all the 2nd and 3rd string receivers. It's not like he is getting annihilated behind the 1st team offense. From what I see he barely gets any time. I mean he isn't that good, but Orton at least gets some time to throw the ball. He is going to be a decent back up, MUCH better than Simms.
I think part of Quinn's problem right now is that Josh is making him go thru the multiple-tell reads that the full Offense uses. It's pretty damned complicated for a QB to get thru his progressions doing that. But McD needs to know just how much of the scheme he can leave in place if he has to put Quinn in at any point this season.

I have no doubt that Josh would trim it down to a level that BQ can handle during the regular season. He's just getting a read on what that level would be...

FlyByU
08-29-2010, 07:20 AM
He is listed as possible so I was wondering if anyone has heard if he was going to get in on few plays tonight?

Freyaka
08-29-2010, 07:21 AM
He is listed as possible so I was wondering if anyone has heard if he was going to get in on few plays tonight?

Last I heard no.

*edit* Per Rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/injuries.aspx?sport=NFL

Latest News:
Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) is not expected to see action in the final two preseason games. The Broncos have been bringing Moreno along slowly but purposefully with an eye on the season opener. According to the Denver Post, the hope is that Moreno emerges as a three-down back this season, pushing Correll Buckhalter into a smaller role. We haven't budged him in our projections as a solid RB2.

FlyByU
08-29-2010, 07:35 AM
ok thanks for the update.

I guess we will be seeing a lot of Fargas, Hall & Ball then tonight.

Freyaka
08-29-2010, 07:39 AM
ok thanks for the update.

I guess we will be seeing a lot of Fargas, Hall & Ball then tonight.

I hope lance ball blows it up tonight. I think the dude's our quite sleeper at RB. That stiffarm on the TD catch last week was BEAST!

BroncFanIN
08-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Morning, folks! :beer:

Game day is here! I'm really excited for this game, as this game is where we start to see all the hard work and off-season adjustments/additions that were made to this team.

1st team will play all the first half, and likely the first series after half-time.

Then the back-ups come in. No Tebow tonight? :confused: ( I guess we'll see how Quinn does!)

So get in your orange and blue, get some chips and dip, and settle in for some Broncos football!

As always, when posting here, please follow the Code of Conduct.

GO BRONCOS!!

FlyByU
08-29-2010, 07:53 AM
I hope lance ball blows it up tonight. I think the dude's our quite sleeper at RB. That stiffarm on the TD catch last week was BEAST!

I remember watching him in 05 06 in college and he had a good eye to find the open then. I always wondered where he went to. Now he has a chance to show what he has.

Freyaka
08-29-2010, 07:54 AM
I remember watching him in 05 06 in college and he had a good eye to find the open then always wondered where he went to. Now he has a chance to show what he has.

He's got a good eye for running lanes but on top of that he has great hands, I see him catching a lot of passes out of the backfield this year if he makes the team. For sure a player to keep an eye out for this season :)

Broncbeat
08-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Good morning to you BFI! It's mornings like this that I just love being a Bronco's fan(football in general). I'm always so excited to watch some football. Plus the fact I will be at the game.:rockon:

This game will be a good test for are team. Pitt is always a good team and I hope I see our Broncos beat them in all phases of the game. GO BRONCOS!:logo:

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 07:59 AM
I heard a rumor from a totally unreliable source that we might see White tonight.

Is that right?

Oooo... I rhyme..

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I'd love to crap up this thread with my insane posts all night, but I can't because I'll be at the game.

Poor me.

Have fun without me!

red19
08-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Cant wait to see how the Rooks on the OL hold up against a good defense.

C'mon
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x305/Bino_012/P9140421.jpg

LordTrychon
08-29-2010, 08:06 AM
I *may* actually be able to watch this game. :)

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Cant wait to see how the Rooks on the OL hold up against a good defense.

C'mon

Seriously, that's the best Rebus you could muster for Beadles?

How about Johnny, or Ringo, or even Beetle Bailey?

They're not remotely as gross, and they're all funnier.

FlyByU
08-29-2010, 08:14 AM
I heard a rumor from a totally unreliable source that we might see White tonight.

Is that right?

Oooo... I rhyme..

I doubt White even stays on this team being a druggie Denver dont keep druggies around for a good reason they = trouble.

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:18 AM
I doubt White even stays on this team being a druggie Denver dont keep druggies around for a good reason they = trouble.

Meh.

He got busted with a dime bag of pot. It's not the end of the world. Right now I can probably find at least that much on my family members under the age of 18 if I go look.

I agree that it's poor judgment for an NFL player to risk his career for a bowl of ganja - insanely stupid in fact, and that raises a lot of questions about character, intelligence, and decision-making ability.

But if he's shaped up and learned his lesson from the mistake then it might be a benefit down the line for him to realize what he has in an oppoprtunity and to value it far more this time around.

That bowl of weed almost cost him the dream almost every child has. If after that he gets a shot at redemption and does the best he can with it, I think that could be a very good thing.

red19
08-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Seriously, that's the best Rebus you could muster for Beadles?

How about Johnny, or Ringo, or even Beetle Bailey?

They're not remotely as gross, and they're all funnier.

His name is Beadles....you know with an "s".
Sure I could have shown a picture of THE Beatles but not just Ringo or John or even Beetle Bailey........

But thanks for the suggestions:paper:

Anyhow, de-railer -I cant wait to see how our young guys hold up against a good pass rush from a very good d-line. Beadles and Walton will get a good test tonight, even if it is just for a half or so.

FlyByU
08-29-2010, 08:27 AM
But he admitted to smoking it while playing so it don’t matter and it showed in his performance when he was with the titans it went down and fast. Drugs make losers of winners...

I am sorry but I see very few drug users actually quite and the old saying once a druggie always a druggie sticks out in my mind. I wont say that all don’t stop drug use but the large majority do not stop.drug use but the large majority do not stop.

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Anyhow, de-railer -I cant wait to see how our young guys hold up against a good pass rush from a very good d-line. Beadles and Walton will get a good test tonight, even if it is just for a a half or so.

I happen to be a huge fan of these two guys, and I think they may actually turn out to be the most valuable additions to this team in a long time, even if other, flashier skill players get the attention.

Kind of like Royal got all the attention from his rookie season when Clady gave up a whopping half a sack in his same rookie year, and got totally screwed out of Rookie of the Year.

Walton and Beadles are already hanging in there with some tough competition. They might get pushed backwards but they're not falling down and they're not getting injured.

They're only going to get better.

We may have just rebuilt the Great Wall of Denver for the next ten years.

I'm very excited about these two very large gentlemen.

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:32 AM
But he admitted to smoking it while playing so it donít matter and it showed in his performance when he was with the titans it went down and fast. Drugs make losers of winners...

I am sorry but I see very few drug users actually quite and the old saying once a druggie always a druggie sticks out in my mind. I wont say that all donít stop drug use but the large majority do not stop.drug use but the large majority do not stop.

I was not aware he had smoked it DURING a game.

Yeah, that's pretty disturbing. I share your concerns, for sure.

BroncFanIN
08-29-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd love to crap up this thread with my insane posts all night, but I can't because I'll be at the game.

Poor me.

Have fun without me!

:cheeky::cheeky:

Be sure and cheer nice and loud for those of us that can't make it tonight!:goz:

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:39 AM
:cheeky::cheeky:

Be sure and cheer nice and loud for those of us that can't make it tonight!:goz:

I'll do my best. I tend to be on the shy side though.

FlyByU
08-29-2010, 08:42 AM

I should have said while he was with the titans and playing for them. As for smoking it before a game or during a game that I doubt. More likely after games and through the week parties etc...

I just read that McD is holding his decision on him playing until game time so he may play.

red19
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
I happen to be a huge fan of these two guys, and I think they may actually turn out to be the most valuable additions to this team in a long time, even if other, flashier skill players get the attention.

Kind of like Royal got all the attention from his rookie season when Clady gave up a whopping half a sack in his same rookie year, and got totally screwed out of Rookie of the Year.

Walton and Beadles are already hanging in there with some tough competition. They might get pushed backwards but they're not falling down and they're not getting injured.

They're only going to get better.

We may have just rebuilt the Great Wall of Denver for the next ten years.

I'm very excited about these two very large gentlemen.

Me too......its been a while since we saw some smashmouth football from our O-line, I think these 2 are a great step towards becoming a power running team. :salute:

Im not too sure what kind of looks Pitts offense will give our defense though. With Big Ben out for a few weeks, I wonder if we see mainly a running attack from the Steelers, or perhaps they might feel the need to get Dixon more comfortable in the pocket before week 1.

I would like to see how our LB core does against a shifty scrambler though. We might see alot of Jarvis Moss tonight.

LordTrychon
Well, he could use the exercise if nothing else... :P

Nomad Broncofan
:beer:Here's to a good game, no injuries and a BRONCOS win!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:logo:

CoryWinget81
08-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Steelers?

I #@#$#%&^! hate the Steelers.

thatkidhunt
08-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Steelers?

I #@#$#%&^! hate the Steelers.

Yea, me too. I have doubleheader baseball games tonight so Im going to miss the game. :(

Broncoholic JS
08-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Going to the game today!! WOOT WOOT!!

Happy Birthday to me!!

red19
08-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Yea, me too. I have doubleheader baseball games tonight so Im going to miss the game. :(

Here you go bud, the easiest way to make it in time for tonights game....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNhtiONEqQ

muse
08-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Matt Lepsis was high for most of the 2007 season (gameday included). He retired, came clean and left most of his guaranteed contract money with Pat. So I have hopes for LenDale cleaning up his act.

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Matt Lepsis was high for most of the 2007 season (gameday included). He retired, came clean and left most of his guaranteed contract money with Pat. So I have hopes for LenDale cleaning up his act.

What?

I had never heard about this before...

muse
08-29-2010, 08:59 AM
What?

Yep, if you remember he blew out his ACL (I think) in 2006. During that time he got depressed and got hooked on painkillers which led to other things...he said, at the time, he preferred the person he was when he was on them. Anyway, he played a lot of 2007 high (hence his decline in performance) and retired at the end of it because a) he was no longer that effective on the field and b) because he needed to sort his life out.

LordTrychon
08-29-2010, 09:00 AM
What?

I think it was prescriptions... although it may have been pot as well. It's valid. From the horse's (Lepsis) mouth. That last year where he really dropped off... he was struggling with more than pass-blocking.

http://www.annointed.net/blog/matt-lepsis-former-broncos-lineman-kicks-drug-habit-now-in-seminary/

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 09:07 AM
I think it was prescriptions... although it may have been pot as well. It's valid. From the horse's (Lepsis) mouth. That last year where he really dropped off... he was struggling with more than pass-blocking.

http://www.annointed.net/blog/matt-lepsis-former-broncos-lineman-kicks-drug-habit-now-in-seminary/

Excellent story.

Thank you. No, I never realized he had a drug addiction.

CoryWinget81
08-29-2010, 09:07 AM
But he admitted to smoking it while playing so it don’t matter and it showed in his performance when he was with the titans it went down and fast. Drugs make losers of winners...

I am sorry but I see very few drug users actually quite and the old saying once a druggie always a druggie sticks out in my mind. I wont say that all don’t stop drug use but the large majority do not stop.drug use but the large majority do not stop.

Sorry, but you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

First. A dime bag of pot? Get real man.

Second, "he smoked it during a game"? The first time he took off running, the THC would work itself out, due to his blood being hyper-oxygenated.

Lastly, if you drink anything with caffeine or alcohol or you smoke tobacco then you TOO are a "druggie".

Soapbox.

Get off of it.

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Soapbox.

Get off of it.

Pot, kettle...

Coffee isn't likely to get anyone suspended from the games.

He ain't sittin' on the bench for four weeks this year because he had a Mocha Frappucino.

LordTrychon
08-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm going say this once nicely...

We're not going to get into a discussion about what should or should not be viewed as what when it comes to drugs. Like it or not, that's too political.

CoryWinget81
08-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Pot, kettle...

Coffee isn't likely to get anyone suspended from the games.

He ain't sittin' on the bench for four weeks this year because he had a Mocha Frappucino.

Just defending one of my favorite players.

He's "sittin on the bench" because of something very stupid. IMO

...that's a different discussion for a different forum though, hmm?

CoryWinget81
08-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Anywho, back on topic, I hope we DON'T see Knowshon. Yeah, its a dress rehearsal, but still otherwise a meaningless game.

LordTrychon
08-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Anywho, back on topic, I hope we DON'T see Knowshon. Yeah, its a dress rehearsal, but still otherwise a meaningless game.

Sadly, I agree.

I'd take him having a slow start at the beginning of the season... and actually get to see him this season... over the possibility of making this worse.

Fargo
08-29-2010, 09:20 AM
It's good that Knowshon's sitting this out. He needs to be rested without risk come game 1. Buckhalter and Knowshon will carry the team for a good portion of the season before we switch Buck for White after the suspension ends. This is a benefit for two reasons:

1) Teams won't know White's style of play right off the bat. He'll be an ace up our sleeve for the first few games -- provided he plays hard.

2) We'll have healthy, talented depth well into the season. Fargas and White are far more preferable to just Knowshon and Buckhalter through all 16 games. Players need rest at the RB position.

Keeping a healthy, strong RB core into the season will help our offense maintain efficiency.

So sit Knowshon, bring him in when games count. We won't run such a risk of having him re-injured. If luck is even moderate, we should last long enough for White to become an available option mid-season. Until then, Buckhalter will be ready long enough for Knowshon to catch up.

KiLLa B
08-29-2010, 09:33 AM
qb- orton quinn tebow
hb- moreno buckhalter fargas ball (white gone)
fb- larsen (ilb)
te- graham quinn branson
wr- gaffney royal d thomas decker lloyd willis (stokely gone)
t- clady harris batiste
g- kuper beadles(t) hochstein(c) m.williams(t)
c- walton
de- bannan mcbean green m.thomas lk.smith
nt- j.williams fields baker
olb- ayers moss hunter kirlew (ried-pup doom-ir)
mlb- d.williams haggan woodyard mays
cb- bailey goodman cox jones c.vaughn (a.smith cut or traded)
ss- dawkins mcbath
fs- hill bruton
spt- prater colquitt paxton

BroncFanIN
08-29-2010, 09:40 AM
okay...just burned off some nervous energy.

Cleaned and re-organized my kitchen cabinents, cleaned my micro-wave, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and folded and started more laundry.

Still nervous.:paper:

Tarquin
08-29-2010, 09:41 AM
okay...just burned off some nervous energy.

Cleaned and re-organized my kitchen cabinents, cleaned my micro-wave, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and folded and started more laundry.

Still nervous.:paper:

Come be nervous at my house. Most women get nervous here anyway, so you'd fit right in.

LordTrychon
08-29-2010, 09:47 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

BroncFanIN
08-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Come be nervous at my house. Most women get nervous here anyway, so you'd fit right in.

:laugh: I don't have that much nervous energy....though I do need to finish my FF rankings for my draft tomorrow. My hubby says he's a "Fantasy Football widower".

Hardy har har.

JaysusCutler
08-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Replace Lekevin Smith with Stokley

Put Jammie Kirlew on the PS and keep Alphonso Smith.

Replace Lance Ball with Landwhale White

Replace Hunter with Atkins

acpell671
08-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I say keep him. Quinn hasn't enough time to get to know the system and other players. We'd booed Kyle Orton off the field last year about this time. Anybody want to take that back?

Anyway, Josh seems to like pretty boy QBs. :D

KennyCS
08-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know if our boys are wearing the Blue or Orange jerseys today?

LordTrychon
08-29-2010, 10:54 AM
i'm going say this once nicely...

We're not going to get into a discussion about what should or should not be viewed as what when it comes to drugs. Like it or not, that's too political.

^^^this ^^^

Syvari
08-29-2010, 10:58 AM
royal is going to be in the slot

neckbeard
08-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Anyway, Josh seems to like pretty boy QBs. :D
Then how the hell did a sasquatch like Orton get on the team?

Jay3
08-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Then how the hell did a sasquatch like Orton get on the team?

I heard he was a throw-in on the Cutler trade.:D

-Rod-
08-29-2010, 11:46 AM
I think part of Quinn's problem right now is that Josh is making him go thru the multiple-tell reads that the full Offense uses. It's pretty damned complicated for a QB to get thru his progressions doing that.

Maybe. But usually I see Brady Quinn starting at just one receiver. That's how he threw the pick six against the Bengals and that's how his last drive against the Lions ended. I don't see him paying attention to multiple targets and then getting undecided in the process. Even Tebow is scanning the field better than Quinn. And pass rush is not the problem in my opinion. When Quinn threw the pick six, there was no pressure and there were open targets elsewhere. When he suffered that final sack against the Lions, the line did a good job but Quinn stood still for several seconds, looking at the same guy.

crash123go
08-29-2010, 12:02 PM
its funny you think A. smith will be cut, he is having one of the better camps and is fighting off nate jones at nickel corner

EJ7
08-29-2010, 12:23 PM
qb- orton quinn tebow
hb- moreno buckhalter fargas ball (white gone)
fb- larsen (ilb)
te- graham quinn branson
wr- gaffney royal d thomas decker lloyd willis (stokely gone)
t- clady harris batiste
g- kuper beadles(t) hochstein(c) m.williams(t)
c- walton
de- bannan mcbean green m.thomas lk.smith
nt- j.williams fields baker
olb- ayers moss hunter kirlew (ried-pup doom-ir)
mlb- d.williams haggan woodyard mays
cb- bailey goodman cox jones c.vaughn (a.smith cut or traded)
ss- dawkins mcbath
fs- hill bruton
spt- prater colquitt paxton

Is M. Williams still on our team? I thought he got cut.

Elway
08-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks BroncofanIn for getting this started. Appreciate it. Two more weeks until the real deal begins. Be able to watch it on FOX tonight, which is strange since Fox carries the NFC. Hopefully we will get a clearer picture of the team we want to be. Still hard with the injuries our roster has suffered, but you make do with what you have.

Kansas Bob
08-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Replace M williams with Stanley Daniels.:thumb:

Freyaka
08-29-2010, 01:17 PM
:laugh: I don't have that much nervous energy....though I do need to finish my FF rankings for my draft tomorrow. My hubby says he's a "Fantasy Football widower".

Hardy har har.

Tell him it could always be worse....I had a fantasy draft yesterday, one today right before the game that I will be watching and one tomorrow night...my wife, she can claim to be a "Fantasy Football widower".

KennyCS
08-29-2010, 01:35 PM
What's it cost to park in the lots immediately surrounding the stadium?

neckbeard
08-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe. But usually I see Brady Quinn starting at just one receiver. That's how he threw the pick six against the Bengals and that's how his last drive against the Lions ended. I don't see him paying attention to multiple targets and then getting undecided in the process. Even Tebow is scanning the field better than Quinn. And pass rush is not the problem in my opinion. When Quinn threw the pick six, there was no pressure and there were open targets elsewhere. When he suffered that final sack against the Lions, the line did a good job but Quinn stood still for several seconds, looking at the same guy.
Not multiple TARGETS, multiple TELLS. Visual cues that are used to decipher what a Defense is actually doing, both before and after the snap. Most offensive systems use a SINGLE tell for the QB to make a decision off of. McD's system multiplies the amount of information that a QB has to take in, digest and make a decision based on...

-Rod-
08-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Not multiple TARGETS, multiple TELLS. Visual cues that are used to decipher what a Defense is actually doing, both before and after the snap. Most offensive systems use a SINGLE tell for the QB to make a decision off of. McD's system multiplies the amount of information that a QB has to take in, digest and make a decision based on...

To make things short, the system is really complicated and crap happens when Brady Quinn receives the snap. :dance:

nickmeyer
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Can't wait to see if Orton looks as good as he did the last two games my guess is no. I think he has even more pressure in his face than he had in Detroit, if he does look good I will have alittle more confidence in him, but if he doesn't it will be back to the same ole same ole feelings and oh no here we go again thoughts running through my head come week 1.

marktippins1981
08-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Is Eddie in the slot tonight then?

thatkidhunt
08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Here you go bud, the easiest way to make it in time for tonights game....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNhtiONEqQ

You know what, not a bad idea. :D

MileHighStud
08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
The stud is here!!!!!!!!!!!! The stud is here!!!!!!!!!!!

MileHighStud
08-29-2010, 02:27 PM
We should keep him. He is much better than Tebow IMHO!

-Rod-
08-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Tebow is not doing conditioning drills on the field along with the players who will be inactive tonight, so he might play at least 1 drive late in the 4th quarter.

McNasty89
08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
what time is the game est? and im from connecticut will i be able to watch it? ne1 know? cp to who answers :)

Babe
08-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I got lost trying to log in. It's been awhile.

I'm nervous too. For some odd reason.
But it's a good nervous

:goz:

Firstwave64
08-29-2010, 02:34 PM

...well I can't help that the Titans did do what it takes to win....and by that I mean he was smoking pot.....why no bowl of frosted flakes in the other teams endzone...snicker bar?...nope nothing :)

theshiverman
08-29-2010, 02:48 PM
I got lost trying to log in. It's been awhile.

I'm nervous too. For some odd reason.
But it's a good nervous

Only thing im nervous about is more injuries

Jaws
08-29-2010, 02:48 PM
what time is the game est? and im from connecticut will i be able to watch it? ne1 know? cp to who answers :)

8 p.m EST nationally televised on Fox.

McNasty89
08-29-2010, 02:55 PM

thx CP sent your way :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2010, 02:57 PM

You're in England; you don't get fox there, do you?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I haven't been able to see any of their pre-season action so far, so I'm excited to see how the boys do in the trenches.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I've got a feeling we get our first "W" today. :goz:

Jaws
08-29-2010, 03:08 PM

No we don't get Fox in Wales, although during regular season Sky our satellite provider shows one Fox game per week.
Nothing at all during preseason though.

AZ Snake Fan
08-29-2010, 03:17 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6808/bben.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/376/benty.jpg

Axemaster
08-29-2010, 03:21 PM
What happened to ELWAY? He quit Modding gameday?

Bronco-24
08-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Twitter: Tebow warming up on the field

AZ Snake Fan
08-29-2010, 03:26 PM

Whoa Big Al.
Lucky Jaws is feeling amiable.
Never confuse a Welshman with a Brit.
Be very careful with that, you may get bit !
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm jazzed !
Ready for some football !!

GO BRONCOS !!!

demonicbroncos
08-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Beadles is left tackle today right?

Hopefully Orton will be ok today. Dont need an injury to happen at this time like last season when he broke his index finger in the third preseason game.

Starbroncs
08-29-2010, 03:31 PM
how depressing, I have to leave for work in half an hour. :(

demonicbroncos
08-29-2010, 03:33 PM
how depressing, I have to leave for work in half an hour. :(

Get some headphones and listen to it online I'm stuck in traffic coming from colorado springs just finish work today may have to stream the game radio broadcast for the first half hopefully my laptop survive the trip.

Babe
08-29-2010, 03:46 PM
We are the Broncos
The mighty mighty Broncos
Everywhere we go
People want to know
So we tell them
We are the Broncos
The mighty mighty Broncos !!!!!

UrbanBounca
08-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm not so much worried about winning, because again, we're still in preseason. But, we can do without anymore injuries.

:logo: nation!

12and4
08-29-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.broncoscountry.com/bc_chat/index.php

we are in the chatroom as we speak..

getting hyped up for the game!

Babe
08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
it's just the 20th nervous breakdown now.

and the second cigarette in a row.......

And I am trying to quit....

:logo:

UrbanBounca
08-29-2010, 04:07 PM
What happened to LenDale? I heard he was practicing, but we're not going to see him tonight?

demonicbroncos
08-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm still stuck in traffic and no way my battery going to last. I hope at least I get to watch the second part of game.

Bernie24
08-29-2010, 04:14 PM
As long as he's ready to play for the opener, that's all that matters.

Sad though I was looking forward to seeing how he has improved since his rookie season.

rainmaker
08-29-2010, 04:16 PM
MAN i think the clock is slooow....

Babe
08-29-2010, 04:16 PM
i feel your pain...because in bum f^%$# egypt down here, I hardly get any Bronco games period....

so even if it is pre season......i'm as giddy as a school girl about this....

:helmet:

rst08tierney
08-29-2010, 04:17 PM
He was a no show for warm ups

2 Minute Warning
08-29-2010, 04:20 PM
MAN i think the clock is slooow....

My clocks are slow too..happens everytime.:huh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
He's been injured for a couple of weeks or so.

McSmashie
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Nursing a groin injury, I believe.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Nursing a groin injury, I believe.

You should delete your post since I was so far ahead of you. :coffee:

JayJack
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Cleaning out his locker and turning in his playbook :thumb:!

demonicbroncos
08-29-2010, 04:26 PM
I think stokes is a goner this season. Here how I see our receiver depth chart will look.

1. Gaffeny
2. Thomas
3. Royal
4. Lloyd
5. Decker
6. Willis

Stokley doesn't plays special teams so I doubt he will receive a 7 spot in the roster.

ERoyal248
08-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Less then 30 minutes away..

GO BRONCOS

#24 Next Champ
08-29-2010, 04:32 PM
who's not playin' tonight??

BroncoBeliever
08-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I am sitting here at the game and i can't believe how many Steelers fans there are. The parking lot was full...I mean like 1/3 of the fans had black and gold. I had one fan waive a towel in my face and yelled broncos suck....I asked another steelers fan why there are so many here and they said it is super easy to find broncos fans that are willing to sell their tickets. Also added she thought bronco fans were fair weather to which I told her she was wrong...but it was hard to convince her with all the black and gold. Excited for the game but I am very sad by these sights. Please broncos fans keep your tickets and have more pride in your colors. Go broncos!

ERoyal248
08-29-2010, 04:35 PM

The list of Broncos not expected to play tonight includes Brandon Stokley, Champ Bailey, Tony Carter, Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Darcel McBath, Ryan Clady, Demaryius Thomas, Daniel Graham, Elvis Dumervil and Darrell Reid.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-vs-steelers-pregame-blog-2/

broncoFan!
08-29-2010, 04:36 PM

Moreno's still out I think and obviously Dumervil is.

bahn

from MaxBroncos twtter

Not in uniform: WRs Stokley, Thomas; CBs Bailey, Carter; TEs Graham, Quinn; OLs Kuper, Clady; S McBath; RBs Moreno, Buckhalter, LB Dumervil.

http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos

OrangeCrush9
i don't want to start a new thread, but i just saw the inactive list and what is wrong with Darcel??? He hasn't played or practiced in awhile it seems.

beastlyskronk
08-29-2010, 04:37 PM
i don't want to start a new thread, but i just saw the inactive list and what is wrong with Darcel??? He hasn't played or practiced in awhile it seems.

He got hurt in the first preseason game, forgot what it was though

BroncFanIN
08-29-2010, 04:38 PM
via Twitter

BroncoTalk RT @Denver_Broncos: Zane Beadles will start at LT, Stanley Daniels at LG, Russ Hochstein at RG, Riar Geer at TE and LenDale White at RB.

BroncoTalk New on BT: Tebow, White to play vs. Steelers

OrangeCrush9
08-29-2010, 04:38 PM
He got hurt in the first preseason game, forgot what it was though

ahhh thanks for the info :salute:

any idea if he's supposed to be healthy for the start of the season??

BroncFanIN
08-29-2010, 04:39 PM
from MaxBroncos twtter

http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos

Wow...a lot of starters still not dressing tonight...