PDA

View Full Version : Darren Sproles

broncoFan!
08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
I really like watching this kid play. Why did you draft RM when Sproles is a good runner? Does A.J. not think that he can run the ball for enough yardage? Sproles is one guy I like to watch (except when he plays Denver) and I feel like you guys did him a diservice by putting him on third string. He's also a great punt returner too.

RaiderFanSD
08-31-2010, 08:03 PM
He's not a runner between the tackles like RM.

baphamet
08-31-2010, 08:48 PM
He's not a runner between the tackles like RM.

yep, sproles is best when put in space.

LRod
08-31-2010, 08:50 PM
With all respect to Sproles.....IMO, I don't think he's an every down kind of back. He's quick, but looks small. Once again, thats my opinion.

Nordstrom
08-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Sproles has a defined roll. Kick/Punt Returner and 3rd down back. He's also the best screen man in the Biz.

He actually gets a lot of work. On games where he returns a kickoff for a TD, he threatens breaking 300 all purpose yards. He did in Denver, in the Hochuli Bowl.

Frenchy180
09-01-2010, 05:55 AM
I really wanted us to draft him when he came out... Unfortunately we drafted that idiot Maurice Clarrett... That was the first time I yelled at the tv during the draft lol

broncsfan21
09-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I feel like Sproles would get injured if he was your primary back. The dude can ball but i don't think he is big enough to hold up to 20+ carries a game.

Definitely dominates as a change of pace/ screen/ receiving/ kick and punt returner though.

#24 Next Champ
09-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I really like watching this kid play. Why did you draft RM when Sproles is a good runner? Does A.J. not think that he can run the ball for enough yardage? Sproles is one guy I like to watch (except when he plays Denver) and I feel like you guys did him a diservice by putting him on third string. He's also a great punt returner too.

who's 2nd??? huh, this a typo??....if he's a third stringer then ya that sucks, but RM is pretty damn good, they compliment each other excellently....so who's ahead a Sproles in 2nd string?

broncoFan!
09-03-2010, 08:12 PM
who's 2nd??? huh, this a typo??....if he's a third stringer then ya that sucks, but RM is pretty damn good, they compliment each other excellently....so who's ahead a Sproles in 2nd string?

Oh, one article I heard was wrong it said that Sproles was a 3rd stringer. My bad, I read an updated Chargers article that says he is actually going to be used like he was with LT as a 2nd stringer. Well that's good.

Puddleglum
09-10-2010, 08:02 AM
I feel like Sproles would get injured if he was your primary back. The dude can ball but i don't think he is big enough to hold up to 20+ carries a game.

Definitely dominates as a change of pace/ screen/ receiving/ kick and punt returner though.

I think this poster nailed it. Sproles was made for screen plays the problem is that last year we have been sending him up the middle. Anyone who disagrees need only take a look at the stats from the 2009 Ravens game to see my point. A sad case of loving the offense but loathing the offensive coordinator.

Sproles in space, wins the race. (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092013/2009/REG2/ravens@chargers#tab:analyze)

girlzarefanstoo
09-15-2010, 05:38 PM
The historical stats on the longevity of little guys like Sproles is abyssmal. If we are to get more years out of him, we can't let him get beat up.

He takes such a beating that I fear it's already slowing him down. I noticed a tail off middle of last year and last week's performance didn't show anything different (weather conditions aside).