PDA

View Full Version : Marlins - Nationals Brawl

GridironChamp
09-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Who's side are you on??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1gw80zO-U

Obviously Nyjer Morgan has plenty of problems, but he was already hit once in
the game before they threw behind him again.

Personally I don't mind him charging the mound because, well, he was thrown at
twice in one game.. However I hate how the Marlins first basement felt it necessary
to come in, clothesline Morgan, then join the pitcher punching Morgan on the ground.
It's so ***** like. Let the two fight one on one or break it up.

The Experience
09-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Who's side are you on??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1gw80zO-U

Obviously Nyjer Morgan has plenty of problems, but he was already hit once in
the game before they threw behind him again.

Personally I don't mind him charging the mound because, well, he was thrown at
twice in one game.. However I hate how the Marlins first basement felt it necessary
to come in, clothesline Morgan, then join the pitcher punching Morgan on the ground.
It's so ***** like. Let the two fight one on one or break it up.

I think its screwed up that the entire Marlin team was beating on morgan while he was defenseless in the ground.

UrbanBounca
09-02-2010, 09:13 AM
The score was 15-5. There is no reason to be throwing at someone. It's a legitimate charge.

#1snake_fan
09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
The score was 15-5. There is no reason to be throwing at someone. It's a legitimate charge.

I don't think they were throwing at him it looks like the pitch got away from the pitcher and Morgan flipped out.

He got what he deserved just walk to first or if you do attack their pitcher then expect the team to jump you. cause you would jump someone for attacking your guy so he got what he deserved.

As i'm sure you know I'm a Red Sox fan and when Coco Crisp jumpped matt garza in 2008 he got taken down by the Rays he got what he deserved to but Coco atleast got in a few before gettng his.

and man that was a sick closeline on morgan

the0rangecrush
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
the marlins side, the first hit by pitch was because morgan ran into the defenseless catcher a game prior (he was called out where as if he had slid he probally would have been safe.) Then the guy has the gall to continue the feud by stealing second and third. Some would say that he was just trying to produce runs, but most knowledgable baseball fans know it was a bonehead move that risked him being thrown out twice. So the pitcher just threw behind him to remind him that if he wants to play the game he'll play, and morgan like an immature idiot charged at him, and not only did he miss the first punch, he got what he deserved in the close line. He has already hurt one of your team mates, tries to provoke them by stealing twice, then wants to hurt another team mate, you step in and put him in his place. After that, in the film only the 1B and pitcher were actually fighting morgan, and everyone else is trying to break it up. I also think the fact that the nats didn't show much haste to come to his defense shows the fact that don't condone his actions either.:salute:

#1snake_fan
09-02-2010, 09:47 AM
the marlins side, the first hit by pitch was because morgan ran into the defenseless catcher a game prior (he was called out where as if he had slid he probally would have been safe.) Then the guy has the gall to continue the feud by stealing second and third. Some would say that he was just trying to produce runs, but most knowledgable baseball fans know it was a bonehead move that risked him being thrown out twice. So the pitcher just threw behind him to remind him that if he wants to play the game he'll play, and morgan like an immature idiot charged at him, and not only did he miss the first punch, he got what he deserved in the close line. He has already hurt one of your team mates, tries to provoke them by stealing twice, then wants to hurt another team mate, you step in and put him in his place. After that, in the film only the 1B and pitcher were actually fighting morgan, and everyone else is trying to break it up. I also think the fact that the nats didn't show much haste to come to his defense shows the fact that don't condone his actions either.:salute:

In a game over the last weekend against the Cardinals he ran into Bryan Anderson at the plate for no reason he would have been safe by a mile but choose to bump a catcher not paying attention to him and to the action on the field. Morgan's a punk i noticed that the third base coach for washington ran in there pretty fast and was looking to go with someone bt then chilled out.

The Nationals manager Jim Riggleman said he thought what Morgan did to Anderson (cardinals) was unprofessional and he benched him the next day i wounder what he'll do now

RunYouOver
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM

Not to mention it was the second time he was thrown at...definitely a legitimate charge.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I have no problem with the 1st baseman defending his team-mate. What would you do if you were the 1st baseman and some psycho-path charged your pitcher? Would you just stand there and watch?

Also, I don't know what some of you watched, but it's not like two guys were beating him while every body stood around and watched.

I think in situations like this it's easy to sit in the easy chair and play judge and jury.

I know this, if some knuckle-head has a reputation of acting like an idiot I'm going to jump in to help my team-mate, even if he threw at the guy. Nobody knows what was said or done in the game up to that point. Maybe the guy had been running his mouth. No one knows, but the fact is he has a track record of acting like an idiot.

The jeering he did afterwards almost demonstrates he probably got what was coming to him.

JakeNbake
09-02-2010, 10:15 AM
ALWAYS protect your Pitcher just like always protect your QB. IT's how it works. Morgan has been on a terror lately taking out catchers and such. He needs to be kicked out of the damn league.

12and4
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Its the teams job to protect their pitcher... they shoulda got there earlier...

i'm glad they did what they did because if you are gonna charge, get ready for an ass whoopin if you don't connect your punches..

UrbanBounca
09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't think they were throwing at him it looks like the pitch got away from the pitcher and Morgan flipped out.

They were throwing at him. MLB pitchers can put the ball where they want, when they want, and this wasn't some coincidence.

#1snake_fan
09-03-2010, 05:37 AM
They were throwing at him. MLB pitchers can put the ball where they want, when they want, and this wasn't some coincidence.

Not true at all because if that was the case no one would ever leave a hanging curve ball over the middle of the plate or catchers would get crossed up as they do alot and people think that just because their "Major League" then they can make the ball go where ever they want not true.

In fact most of the time balls that are hit for home runs are often called mistake pitches so if they can control every aspect of the pitch then why leave it there ?

they don't throw it every where they want all the time

GridironChamp
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I understand the protecting your pitcher part, but what the Marlins first basemen
did was overboard. Had he tackled Morgan and just held him down, or even if he
had clotheslined him (that's fine) but to get on top of Morgan with the pitcher
and start throwing bombs down like he did was super lame. I hope the Nats hit
him next time they play.

JakeNbake
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I understand the protecting your pitcher part, but what the Marlins first basemen
did was overboard. Had he tackled Morgan and just held him down, or even if he
had clotheslined him (that's fine) but to get on top of Morgan with the pitcher
and start throwing bombs down like he did was super lame. I hope the Nats hit
him next time they play.

Morgan was swinging. Once you swing you're going to get swung at. THat's how it works.

GridironChamp
09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Morgan was swinging. Once you swing you're going to get swung at. THat's how it works.

And the Marlins pitcher swung (hence 1v1). Either break it up or let them go.

underrated29
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I dont know why the guy in read was putting his arms up after the fight. Looks to me like he got his ass whipped! By about 5 guys no less.

Sure you got up and walked away without a broken face, but you still got worked buddy boy.

I dont watch baseball and dont care about either team but I will say two things. In hockey if someone makes a run at your goalie they are in deep ****. I would apply the same rules to baseball. Also, if your guy is getting piled on by like 4 of the opposition you best be clearing some bodies out. His team was a tad slow, imean if the first baseman and the second baseman and whoever else was there before I even saw the first guy in red.

JakeNbake
09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
And the Marlins pitcher swung (hence 1v1). Either break it up or let them go.

LOl dude, that's not how it works and you know it. Do you even know why they were throwing at him?

GridironChamp
09-04-2010, 07:45 AM
LOl dude, that's not how it works and you know it. Do you even know why they were throwing at him?

Yes.

Because he stole two bases while losing.. Now you tell me, if you are losing what
are you supposed to do?? Score runs right? So he is playing the game, correctly,
and they throw at him a second time?? :confused: 100% warranted charge of the
mound.

the0rangecrush
09-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Yes.

Because he stole two bases while losing.. Now you tell me, if you are losing what
are you supposed to do?? Score runs right? So he is playing the game, correctly,
and they throw at him a second time?? :confused: 100% warranted charge of the
mound.

First of all the first time they threw at him was because he cheap shoted their catcher separating his shoulder. Now it may appear that he was generating runs, but that was not the case his stealing was stupid, if you want to get runs you don't put yourself in a position to get thrown out not once but twice is not a good way to manufacture runs, in fact it was a direct insult to the marlins. The second throw was warranted the charge was not.

GridironChamp
09-04-2010, 11:19 AM
First of all the first time they threw at him was because he cheap shoted their catcher separating his shoulder. Now it may appear that he was generating runs, but that was not the case his stealing was stupid, if you want to get runs you don't put yourself in a position to get thrown out not once but twice is not a good way to manufacture runs, in fact it was a direct insult to the marlins. The second throw was warranted the charge was not.

And he took the first pitch, put his head down and jogged to first... :duh:

And wait, wait, hold up.. He risked being thrown out so that is not the right way
to generate runs?? Alright, can we please E-mail every MLB team and tell them
that risking being thrown out, ever, is now stupid and now how you score. Every
player should either get out, hit a HR, or hit a single and should for now on only
advance one base at a time on a hit... If not, you are going to be hit by a pitch.

Stupid.