PDA

View Full Version : SD's WR depth chart?

jetrazor74
09-04-2010, 09:06 PM
What does the Chargers WR depth chart look like this year? VJ would be #1 if he were to sign and come in, I'm assuming, but where do the rest of your WR's stand right now?

Someone had mentioned Rivers has no one to throw to in the smack section, and I just wanted a realistic opinion on the situation.

Chargerbomb
09-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Floyd
Naanee
Crayton
Davis

although Gates will get the most looks. Chargers use TEs and RBs in the passing game more than any other team. This year they will run more 2 and even 3 TE sets.

chazoe60
09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Who are the TEs past gates. Manu left didn't he?

jetrazor74
09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Floyd
Naanee
Crayton
Davis

although Gates will get the most looks. Chargers use TEs and RBs in the passing game more than any other team. This year they will run more 2 and even 3 TE sets.

Thankyou sir.

Any chance Naanee will surpass Floyd?

Chargerbomb
09-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Who are the TEs past gates. Manu left didn't he?

Randy McMichael
Kris Wilson

Both are decent blockers but better pass-catchers.

Chargerbomb
09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Thankyou sir.

Any chance Naanee will surpass Floyd?

Tough to say. Floyd has been penciled in as the #1 with VJax holding out, but he is somewhat 1-dimensional. He makes big plays, but he can disappear as well. If Naanee can turn into Rivers' go-to guy, the Chargers offense will continue to roll along without a hitch. I really hope they don't view Crayton as the #2, because IMO he is nothing more than a #3 receiver at best.

jetrazor74
09-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Tough to say. Floyd has been penciled in as the #1 with VJax holding out, but he is somewhat 1-dimensional. He makes big plays, but he can disappear as well. If Naanee can turn into Rivers' go-to guy, the Chargers offense will continue to roll along without a hitch. I really hope they don't view Crayton as the #2, because IMO he is nothing more than a #3 receiver at best.

I'd have to agree. Crayton has shown flashes of brilliance, but not often enough to be better than #3.

Boltheads
09-05-2010, 06:43 AM
I'd have to agree. Crayton has shown flashes of brilliance, but not often enough to be better than #3.I think AJ Smith and Norv Turner are hedging their bets on the fact that any lack of consistency had more to do with Tony Romo than Crayton's ability.

Chargerbomb
09-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I think AJ Smith and Norv Turner are hedging their bets on the fact that any lack of consistency had more to do with Tony Romo than Crayton's ability.

Eh, I refuse to get excited about a re-tread receiver signed for a 7th round pick. There is a long list of free-agents and traded players that we have gotten excited about, only to see them fail to live up to the hype:

Nathan Vasher
Kevin Burnett
Derek Smith
Kynan Forney
Chris Chambers
Travis Johnson
Marlon McCree
Clinton Hart
Blawoh Jue
etc.

The list goes on. Free-agents and trades like this rarely give you what you think you're getting. There is a reason the Cowboys were gonna let Crayton go if the Chargers hadn't come through with a 7th rounder. He is nothing special.