PDA

View Full Version : Only 4 WR's on the active roster

ChargersDivison
09-06-2010, 09:09 AM
That doesn't seem very normal to me. Only 4? We should have Aji on the active roster. He and RM have chemistry and they could really benefit each other. I know he is on the PS now but still he should of made the active roster.

Anyone else think 4 WR's seems a bit low? I guess Norv likes those 4 with the 3 TE's and the 4 RB's to all be contributors in the passing game.

BroncoBryce
09-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Anyone care?

CoryWinget81
09-06-2010, 09:17 AM
How old is Gates these days?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes, 4 does seem low. If one goes down it definitely prevents you guys from 4 WR sets. You'll probably be using the running game more this year anyway, and Gates can line up wide if need be.

JayJack
09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah it's low. I hope that means more Gates. I have him on my fantasy team. :peace:

LSIGRAD09
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
At least 5. Maybe 6, depth needed.

CHARGER$
09-06-2010, 11:08 AM

Gates is young when it comes to football, at least the ware and tear football causes. Were talking about a guy who didn't play football till he came to SD.

5 More years of hall of fame caliber play! At Minimum

And yes, 4 receivers seems low. Norv must of thought the younger guys wouldn't contribute right away and wanted to use the roster spots with someone who would.

Boltheads
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I think one of the two guys on the Practice Squad will end up on the Active Roster at some point during the season. I don't think the Bolts will carry 29 defensive players all year long.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
09-07-2010, 02:16 AM

gates is 30

Hoserman117
09-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Gates is young when it comes to football, at least the ware and tear football causes. Were talking about a guy who didn't play football till he came to SD.

5 More years of hall of fame caliber play! At Minimum

And yes, 4 receivers seems low. Norv must of thought the younger guys wouldn't contribute right away and wanted to use the roster spots with someone who would.

I don't really think that's how it really works. You can sustain a number of injuries to your body as long as they aren't significant things (multiple ACL injuries, etc), and your recovery will depend mostly on your age.

Once you start hitting your 30's your body loses much of its ability to repair itself. This matters more for some positions than others. The most notable is obviously the running backs. They're hit the hardest because of what their position requires.

Gates as a TE probably has another 2-3 years of peak play, and then his skillset will slightly diminish, but he'll still be racking up tons of yardage and TD's due to playing with Rivers and his experience.

Chargerbomb
09-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Gates is 30. Still in his prime. If he is slowing down at all, I haven't seen it.

Puddleglum
09-07-2010, 08:20 AM
4 is not enough considering Floyd and Buster have injury issues.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Arkem/floydredone.jpg