PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Starting Lineups and Why

kishzilla
09-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Not that anyone really cares that much, but I thought I would start a weekly thread that details my FF team and who I will be starting each week and why. After each week's points are decided, I'll review and figure out if I chose the optimal lineup. If I didn't, I'll list who I messed up on and why. I figure it could be a place for other people to do the same and provide a single place to discuss matchups, and if other people have similar rosters, they could use the thread as insight for deciding their weekly starters.

Note: I have chosen to list the roster in this format as I feel it is easy to read. If you would like to post your roster as well, if you kept with the same format it would provide some continuity within the thread and make it easy for everyone to follow. Just a suggestion :D

Last Week: N/A

Starters

QB ~ Tom Brady (I'm starting Brady as I feel like this is going to be a high scoring shootout matchup)

WR ~ Brandon Marshall (They got him for a reason. I see Marshall being targeted A LOT this year in Miami)

WR ~ Jabar Gaffney (Even though I don't see this as a high scoring game, I think Gaffney will be far and away Ortons primary target)

RB ~ Chris Johnson (Duh, it's CJ vs. the Raiders :laugh:)

TE ~ Jason Witten (Meh, couldn't decide between Witten and Heap, so I went with witten cause Heap is up against the Jets)

W/R/T ~ Jamaal Charles (KC is going to run the ball a grip)

K ~ Ryan Longwell (This ass-hat got a PAT screwed up and cost me -5. So far I'm -1 for the week after the FG he made :cheeky:)

D/ST ~ Jets (NO would have scored 10 points for me if I had started them. We'll see what happens)

D ~ Patrick Willis (Beast FF D producer)

D ~ Jon Beason (Also a Beast FF D producer)

Bench

BN ~ Anquan Boldin (Jets)

BN ~ Kyle Orton (I really believe KO is going to be in the top 10 this year, I just don't like how this game will shake out fantasy wise for him vs. Brady)

BN ~ Knowshon Moreno (Tough game to say he's going to have a huge day, but I could be wrong. I think Charles and Johnson will be the better producers)

BN ~ Todd Heap (Jets)

BN ~ New Orleans (I have a lot of respect for the NO D/ST, I just have more for the Jets)

BN ~ Matt Prater (Looks like I screwed up on this one. But seriously, what were the chances Longwell would miss a PAT?!? I guess it's my fault as the commish for putting a -5 for a missed PAT :laugh:)

Ahrum
09-10-2010, 06:52 AM
I'd be happy to join in on the fun. I'm going to use my NFL.com based league... they run a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF style w/ 6 on the bench

Starters

QB ~ Aaron Rodgers (It's Aaron Rodgers, self explained)

RB ~ Steven Jackson (Outstanding back against a seeming degenerated Cardinal defense)

RB ~ Joseph Addai (He generally does well against Houston, averaging a touchdown and 75~ combined ypg against them last year)

WR ~ Miles Austin (Dallas does well against the Redskins and Miles is set to have a great game)

WR ~ Hakeem Nicks (With my backups as Kenny Britt and Derrick Mason, my options are fairly limited here... It's almost guaranteed that Eli will throw a touchdown, but between Manningham, Smith, Boss AND Nicks... it's pretty hard to judge who it'll be to. I just know he'll have a better game than my backups... probably combined.)

WR ~ Wes Welker (The NE v Cinci game is going to be a great game, and while I don't think he'll have any touchdowns, Wes should split the secondary a lot and get some catches between the 20s. With Maroney seemingly hurt, Tom will be flinging the ball all game.)

TE ~ Antonio Gates (Jackson's gone and Floyd is now the #1 WR, this sets up Antonio to have another monster year, possibly getting the most receptions on the team... against KC, it's a no brainer)

K ~ Matt Prater (big foot, plenty of FG to make this year)

DEF ~ SF 49rs (The 49ers defense is going to be monster, playing in a weak division and tied to the other Western conference, their schedule is cake... This weak vs Seattle should be high in turnovers.)

BENCH

BN ~ Derrick Mason (#2 wideout against the Jets? No thank you.)

BN ~ Carson Palmer (Hard to play him against Rodgers.. set to have a good game though)

BN ~ Kenny Britt (Too unpredictable to tell what he can do. He's set to have a good year, but he's in a run first offense and is on Jeff Fisher's bad side. Nate Washington could end up #1 at this rate)

BN ~ Rob Gronkowski (I grabbed him in the 15th to make sure I had him. He's my big fantasy sleeper this year. He's had an outstanding preseason and is practically a big play away from being #1 on the roster. The Pats also look to be running more of their 2003~ 2 TE sets. Only problem is that it's hard to start him against Gates.)

BN ~ LeSean McCoy (He's set to have a good season being the feature back and all, but against GB? Not a chance)

BN ~ Jonathan Stewart (I'm still not sure of my decision here... last year when the Panthers and Giants met, J-Stew wrecked 'em for over 200 yards and a touchdown. But that was with D-Will hurt... now that he's back and ready to roll, I don't think this wrecking ball of a HB will have a feature game. I'm looking for him in later games against squishier run defenses.)

Ahrum
09-10-2010, 07:01 AM
WR ~ Brandon Marshall (They got him for a reason. I see Marshall being targeted A LOT this year in Miami)

I love the rest of your set, but I honestly don't think Marshall is going to have a good game for 3 reasons.
1)The Bills have a deceivingly good defense. While their run defense is fairly subpar, their pass defense was #2 last year. They excel at forcing turnovers through the air, so MIA will stick to the ground.
2) Chad Henne isn't good... he's barely OK. He ended last year with 12 TD and 14 INT over 13 starts.
3) MIA is a run first offense... getting the ball to Marshall isn't going to be like Andre Johnson

I stated my case, :logo:

broncosking209
09-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Starters
Quarterback : Kevin Kolb
Rb: MOJO
Rb2: Rashard Mendenhall
Wr1: Calvin Johnson
Wr2: Wes Welker
Wr3: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Tony Gonzales
K: Jay Feely
Def: SF 49ers

Bench
QB: Chad Henne
Rb: Jerome Harrison / Kareem Huggins(TB)
Wr: Jabar Gaffney/Laurent Robinson/Eddie Royal

demonicbroncos
09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
QB- Philip Rivers (he going against KC can't go wrong here)
RB1- Frank Gore (I think SF are going to run a lot this year)
RB2- Jahvid Best (He looked impressive in our preseason game against us and I question the bears interior dline)
TE- Visanthe Shiancoe (Luck out with this pick yesterday thanks Farve for using him as your only deep threat)
WR1- Steve Smith (Drafted WR's kindna late so this was my best pick, I think he would be solid this year as my first who else the Panthers will throw to)
WR2- Steve Smith (It was either him or Percy Harvin good thing I didn't use Percy as my number 2 this week)
K-Nate Kaeding (solid kicker in the regular season post is another story)
TM- Steelers

Bench
Knowshon Moreno
Matt Ryan
Kyle Orton
Derrick Mason
Steve Slaton
Kellen Winslow
Percy Harvin

kishzilla
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I'd be happy to join in on the fun. I'm going to use my NFL.com based league... they run a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF style w/ 6 on the bench

Hey man, thanks for using the format for the roster :D

I like your picks, and given who you have on the bench, it would appear to me at least you're starting all the right people. In hindsight I should have probably used Prater, but I honestly figured that Saints/Vikings game was going to be a shootout. It wouldn't have been so bad had Longwell not missed the PAT and I had not set a missed PAT to be -5 like a nazi jerk :laugh:

Ahrum
09-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey man, thanks for using the format for the roster :D

I like your picks, and given who you have on the bench, it would appear to me at least you're starting all the right people. In hindsight I should have probably used Prater, but I honestly figured that Saints/Vikings game was going to be a shootout. It wouldn't have been so bad had Longwell not missed the PAT and I had not set a missed PAT to be -5 like a nazi jerk :laugh:

lol, I feel yah, you can't come in expecting a kicker to miss a point after like that... it only happens like, once a season across the league. I'm just hurting 'cause I don't have any players on the saints or vikings, and across both of my leagues Shiancoe lit me up. I'm just glad Meachem and Hartley didn't have great games, or I'd be in the doghouse by 30~ points already.

hooray 2 missed field goals.

kishzilla
09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I love the rest of your set, but I honestly don't think Marshall is going to have a good game for 3 reasons.
1)The Bills have a deceivingly good defense. While their run defense is fairly subpar, their pass defense was #2 last year. They excel at forcing turnovers through the air, so MIA will stick to the ground.
But that's the beauty of it. Marshall will be used as a yards after catch receiver in short yardage passing situations so he wont necessarily be covered, by their best guys in those situations. While they will more than likely key in on him, they did so in 2008 and he still caught the ball 10 times for like 128 yards or so and a TD I believe. They didn't bring Marshall in there to be a decoy. They brought him in there to get him the football. They paid way too much money for him not to at least try, and they will try to come out the gate showing that nabbing him was the right idea.

Miami's OC Dan Henning had this to say:

"He was brought here because he's got the tools, the background and the history of catching a lot of balls. He's a run after catch type of guy, which is something we felt we needed to insert into our offense."

I think that answers the question.

2) Chad Henne isn't good... he's barely OK. He ended last year with 12 TD and 14 INT over 13 starts. He just has to be good enough to get him the ball in those shorter yardage passing situations like I was saying. Plus, we all saw what you can do with a guy like Marshall when you force feed him. He's the type of guy who's basically open even when he's covered. Cutler did it, Orton did it, and now Henne is going to do it, I assure you.

3) MIA is a run first offense... getting the ball to Marshall isn't going to be like Andre Johnson

See my above quote from Miami's OC

:logo:

kishzilla
09-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Starters
Quarterback : Kevin Kolb
Rb: MOJO
Rb2: Rashard Mendenhall
Wr1: Calvin Johnson
Wr2: Wes Welker
Wr3: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Tony Gonzales
K: Jay Feely
Def: SF 49ers

Bench
QB: Chad Henne
Rb: Jerome Harrison / Kareem Huggins(TB)
Wr: Jabar Gaffney/Laurent Robinson/Eddie Royal

If I were you I would consider plugging Gaffney in as opposed to Dwayne Bowe. I really think KC is going to run the crap out of the ball, especially against the Chargers who were extremely soft against the run last year, and more than likely will be this year too. Meanwhile, Gaffney will be KO's favorite target in a game where we will more than likely pass a lot because we're weak in the running game due to injury.

kishzilla
09-10-2010, 04:07 PM
QB- Philip Rivers (he going against KC can't go wrong here)
RB1- Frank Gore (I think SF are going to run a lot this year)
RB2- Jahvid Best (He looked impressive in our preseason game against us and I question the bears interior dline)
TE- Visanthe Shiancoe (Luck out with this pick yesterday thanks Farve for using him as your only deep threat)
WR1- Steve Smith (Drafted WR's kindna late so this was my best pick, I think he would be solid this year as my first who else the Panthers will throw to)
WR2- Steve Smith (It was either him or Percy Harvin good thing I didn't use Percy as my number 2 this week)
K-Nate Kaeding (solid kicker in the regular season post is another story)
TM- Steelers

Bench
Knowshon Moreno
Matt Ryan
Kyle Orton
Derrick Mason
Steve Slaton
Kellen Winslow
Percy Harvin

Solid lineup given who you have.

Just out of curiosity, why 3 QB's? I would maybe consider trading one and picking up a WR possibly. I'm not entirely impressed with who you have, and after the game on Sunday, Ortons stock could go up and you could get a bargain.

DenFanNPckrLand
09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Here's my starting lineup in a 14 team, standard scoring league (1 QB, 2 RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 2 WR, 1 TE, K, D/ST):

Starters

QB ~ Kyle Orton (I've thought long and hard about this. It was either this or start Matt Ryan v. Pittsburgh)

WR ~ Malcom Floyd (No VJax should equal more opportunities for Floyd, good matchup v. Chiefs)

WR ~ Eddie Royal (Slight homer pick, but I feel like he should get some opportunities while Orton is shredding the weak Jax secondary)

RB ~ Maurice Jones-Drew (Duh, it's MJD :laugh:)

RB ~ Jahvid Best (Heard a lot of good things about this kid, taking a little bit of a flyer)

Flex ~ Pierre Thomas (Whelp, this worked out pretty good for me last night to the tune of 14 pts)

TE ~ Owen Daniels (He's the only TE on my roster, but I do think he's got the potential for a huge year if the first half of the '09 season was any indicator)

K ~ Garrett Hartley (This ass-hat owes me one...two PAT's and two shanked FG's?? Thanks for the goose egg!)

D/ST ~ Cardinals (Week 1 against a rookie QB on one of the worst teams in the league? Yes, please!)

Bench

BN ~ Matt Ryan (I think he's going to struggle against the Steelers D (who will be playing out of their minds trying to make up for the shortcomings on their offense!!))

BN ~ Matthew Stafford (Week 1 against a fired up Bears team...think I'll give this a pass)

BN ~ Peyton Hillis (I'd like to see what sort of impact he has on the Browns offense first)

BN ~ Kevin Faulk (Old)

BN ~ Hakeem Nicks (Good wideout, not much more than a deep threat though in my mind)

BN ~ Terrell Owens (Gonna wait and see what happens with he and 85)

BN ~ Eagles (Look, this is my real starting defense, but week 1 against Green Bay? I'd like a few defensive points, thanks.)

If anyone has any suggestions or smart-ass comments, I'm all ears! :)

Ahrum
09-13-2010, 02:14 PM
My Wideouts totaled 64.5 points with 285 yards and 6 touchdowns combined.

Wooo.

broncosking209
09-14-2010, 08:06 AM
If I were you I would consider plugging Gaffney in as opposed to Dwayne Bowe. I really think KC is going to run the crap out of the ball, especially against the Chargers who were extremely soft against the run last year, and more than likely will be this year too. Meanwhile, Gaffney will be KO's favorite target in a game where we will more than likely pass a lot because we're weak in the running game due to injury.

Phew good thing I took out Bowe for Gaff lol Woulda been better served using eddie though.

My week 2 line up Starters in bold

Qb - Chad Henne(Kolb Concussion)
Rb-Mojo
Rb2-Mendenhall Jerome Harrison, Peyton Hillis
Wr- Calvin JohnsonWes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Laurent Robinson
Wr2- Eddie Royal
Wr3- Dwayne Bowe(Welker plays Jets waddayathink??)
Te- Tony G
K- Matt Prater
Def- KC Sf49ers

kishzilla
09-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Phew good thing I took out Bowe for Gaff lol Woulda been better served using eddie though.

My week 2 line up Starters in bold

Qb - Chad Henne(Kolb Concussion)
Rb-Mojo
Rb2-Mendenhall Jerome Harrison, Peyton Hillis
Wr- Calvin JohnsonWes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Laurent Robinson
Wr2- Eddie Royal
Wr3- Dwayne Bowe(Welker plays Jets waddayathink??)
Te- Tony G
K- Matt Prater
Def- KC Sf49ers

Hey, I'm not a complete dummy after all :D

I think this is a good lineup you have going. Don't know I would change anything myself. I do think Welker has the potential to bite you in the ass for not playing him, but on the same token, I still think the Jets are just too brutal to bank on welker having another big day.

kishzilla
09-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Last Week: Not too shabby. I'm in a H2H league and beat my opponent handily by over 40 points as well as scored the most points of any team in my league. The only ones I missed on were Boldin and Prater should have started. But both of them were sat for good reasons, and Prater especially would have only been beter based off the fluke missed PAT from Longwell that cost me 5 points. And I would have never thought Marshall would be outperformed by Gaffney fantasy points wise, but what are you gunna do.

This Weeks Starters

QB ~ Tom Brady (I'm starting Brady because I saw the Ravens poke holes in the Jets pass coverage. And I've gotta think if Flacco can do it, Brady certainly can)

WR ~ Brandon Marshall (As was seen last week, Marshall was targeted heavily. I see no reason why this shouldn't happen again. It didn't come in the form of points for me last week, but I have a feeling it will this week.)

WR ~ Anquan Boldin (Big week last week, should be even better against a division rival that didn't look so hot against NE.)

RB ~ Chris Johnson (I don't think this guy is coming off the starting lineup. He might even figure out a way to score some points on the bye week :laugh:)

TE ~ Todd Heap (Heap showed to be one of flaccos preferred targets. Plus the cowboys were looking like doodoo)

W/R/T ~ Jamaal Charles (KC is going to run the ball a grip......again)

K ~ Ryan Longwell (Screwed me last week, but I think he will be fine)

D/ST ~ Jets (Beasts)

Bench

BN ~ Jabar Gaffney (Not hating on him, just think the other guys will net me more points.)

BN ~ Kyle Orton (The Seahawks looked good enough to have me worried about Kyle this week. I think we can hang in there as a team, but I think FF value is going to be down for the neckbeard this week)

BN ~ Knowshon Moreno (Didn't really show me much last week to make me believe he will out perform my other two RBs in FF points)

BN ~ Jason Witten (Disappointing last week, and so he sits in favor of heap)

BN ~ New Orleans (Again, I have a lot of respect for the NO D/ST, I just have more for the Jets)

BN ~ Matt Prater (I think Minnesota will score more than Den this week, and that means the Kicker should too.)

broncosking209
09-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Last Week: Not too shabby. I'm in a H2H league and beat my opponent handily by over 40 points as well as scored the most points of any team in my league. The only ones I missed on were Boldin and Prater should have started. But both of them were sat for good reasons, and Prater especially would have only been beter based off the fluke missed PAT from Longwell that cost me 5 points. And I would have never thought Marshall would be outperformed by Gaffney fantasy points wise, but what are you gunna do.

This Weeks Starters

QB ~ Tom Brady (I'm starting Brady because I saw the Ravens poke holes in the Jets pass coverage. And I've gotta think if Flacco can do it, Brady certainly can)

WR ~ Brandon Marshall (As was seen last week, Marshall was targeted heavily. I see no reason why this shouldn't happen again. It didn't come in the form of points for me last week, but I have a feeling it will this week.)

WR ~ Anquan Boldin (Big week last week, should be even better against a division rival that didn't look so hot against NE.)

RB ~ Chris Johnson (I don't think this guy is coming off the starting lineup. He might even figure out a way to score some points on the bye week :laugh:)

TE ~ Todd Heap (Heap showed to be one of flaccos preferred targets. Plus the cowboys were looking like doodoo)

W/R/T ~ Jamaal Charles (KC is going to run the ball a grip......again)

K ~ Ryan Longwell (Screwed me last week, but I think he will be fine)

D/ST ~ Jets (Beasts)

Bench

BN ~ Jabar Gaffney (Not hating on him, just think the other guys will net me more points.)

BN ~ Kyle Orton (The Seahawks looked good enough to have me worried about Kyle this week. I think we can hang in there as a team, but I think FF value is going to be down for the neckbeard this week)

BN ~ Knowshon Moreno (Didn't really show me much last week to make me believe he will out perform my other two RBs in FF points)

BN ~ Jason Witten (Disappointing last week, and so he sits in favor of heap)

BN ~ New Orleans (Again, I have a lot of respect for the NO D/ST, I just have more for the Jets)

BN ~ Matt Prater (I think Minnesota will score more than Den this week, and that means the Kicker should too.)
Dang man how many people are in your leauge thats a solid squad. But Todd heap is unsure hes gonna play this week so you might have to run with witten lol

kishzilla
09-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Dang man how many people are in your leauge thats a solid squad. But Todd heap is unsure hes gonna play this week so you might have to run with witten lol

Its a 10 person league. I'd say I have the best week in week out squad out of all of them.

As far as Heap, I'm monitoring the situation, and he may be a gametime decision for me. From what I've read, theres a good chance he'll play, and since it's a Division game, it's even more likely but you never know. With that in mind, I'm pretty sure Yahoo lets you change your roster up to an hour before gametime. I want to cut witten but he's on the Cant Cut list. Thinking about replacing him with Marcedes Lewis. If he's going to continue to get targets at the endzone, i want a piece of that.

kishzilla
09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Well...

I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. My head to head opponent had Pittsburgh's D so every bad thing that happened with Johnson translated to my points and upped his to the stratosphere, on top of Flacco killing Boldin and Heap, and Brady having a melt down. We'll see what happens next week. I'm working a couple trades, trying to acquire wes welker so I'll post my roster for the week after that plays out.

broncosking209
09-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Well...

I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. My head to head opponent had Pittsburgh's D so every bad thing that happened with Johnson translated to my points and upped his to the stratosphere, on top of Flacco killing Boldin and Heap, and Brady having a melt down. We'll see what happens next week. I'm working a couple trades, trying to acquire wes welker so I'll post my roster for the week after that plays out.
lol Im witchu man my team only put up 80. Frisco made me happy to pick them though as they go up against kc next week and they looked reallllllly good.

Will post this weeks lineup when I gegt off work.

Ahrum
09-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I neglected to post my week 2 lineup, but using NFL.com's league and this roster:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB1 - Steven Jackson
RB2 - Lesean McCoy
WR1 - Wes Welker
WR2 - Hakeem Nicks
WR3 - Miles Austin
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Falcons

I ended up netting 140.00 points exactly. I swapped out the SF defense due to playing against NO and brought in the falcons because they were playing the Cards. (speaking of which, that's my main goal on defense.... swap defensive teams based on their matchup that week, not stick w/ one team.)

I brought in LeSean because of the matchup against detroit and his style of play... netted me 30.80 points, so it was a good decision.. he'll probably be my starter for most of the year from here...

This coming week will probably stay the exact same, but I'm trying to swap Palmer for Orton for my backup via waiver. I'm also trying to pick up Demaryius Prime and i'm going to get rid of Gronkowski, my sleeper pick. He's doing well, but I don't need him until week 10, so no use wasting my bench space.

This week's will look like this.

QB - Aaron Rodgers (Vs. Chicago... boring defense, he'll pass all over it)

RB1 - Steven Jackson (Vs. Washington... he's a workhorse, he'll get carries, he'll get yards)

RB2 - LeSean 'Shady' McCoy (Vs. Jacksonville... proved last week that he'll be a good starter... will handle most of Philly's goalline situations and will be their workhorse)

WR1 - Wes Welker (Vs. Buffalo... decent ballhawking defense mixed with a damaged backfield will have Brady throwing safely and he's their safest bet.)

WR2 - Hakeem Nicks (Vs. Tennessee... He's just a big RZ target.)

WR3 - Miles Austin (Vs. Houston... The Cowboys will be behind late in the game and will be pretty pass happy trying to get quick points... enter Austin [carbon copy of week 2 vs Washington.)

TE - Antonio Gates (Vs. Seattle... he's Antonio Gates... seriously.)

K - Matt Prater (Vs. Indianapolis... High scoring game... enough said.)

DEF - Redskins (Vs. St. Louis... skins going to do well on defense)

BENCH:
WR - Derrick Mason... (I'm doing my best to find someone to replace him w/)
RB - Jonathan Stewart... (I need confirmation that he's going to get carries before i can start him.)
QB - Kyle Orton... (Great backup in fantasy... good starter, but not comparable to Rodgers.)
WR - Demaryius Thomas... (Mainly grabbed to make sure I have him if his next game is romp-tastic)
RB - Joseph Addai... (Hard not to start, our run defense is pretty bad, but it's either him or McCoy, and I'm going w/ the latter)
WR - Legedu Naanee... (He's not a comparable starter to my main 3, just for emergencies.)

DenFanNPckrLand
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm a little late, but here was my week 2 deal...

Here's my starting lineup in a 14 team, standard scoring league (1 QB, 2 RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 2 WR, 1 TE, K, D/ST):

Last Week (Week 1): Beat my opponent in a squeaker 78-71. Screwed up by keeping Hakeem Nicks on the bench as he scored 25 pts, but Orton, Royal and the Cardinals D gave me just enough of a boost to win.

Starters Week 2

QB ~ Matt Ryan (Thought this one was a tossup, thought I'd give Ryan a shot since I'd started Orton the week before)

WR ~ Hakeem Nicks (No way in Hell was I keeping him on the bench after his week 1 outburst)

WR ~ Malcom Floyd (Jax secondary, no VJax=good idea IMO)

RB ~ Maurice Jones-Drew

RB ~ Jahvid Best (15 pts week 1, didn't feel like I could sit him for week 2, even though I almost did :laugh:)

Flex ~ Pierre Thomas

TE ~ Owen Daniels (Tossup between Daniels and Bo Scaife)

K ~ Garrett Hartley

D/ST ~ Eagles (I drafted em, so I went with em)

Bench

BN ~ Kyle Orton

BN ~ Peyton Hillis

BN ~ Kevin Faulk

BN ~ Eddie Royal (Had Nicks pegged for a bigger game than he had)

BN ~ Terrell Owens (Gonna wait and see what happens with he and 85)

BN ~ Brandon Lloyd (Depth pickup after week 1)

BN ~ Mark Clayton (Another depth pickup)

BN ~ Bo Scaife (Depth pickup)

Had a great week 2, winning 110-66. I've already made a few roster changes for week 3 and am angling for a possible trade (see thread here (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=173133) if you wish to pontificate on this possibility).

CoryWinget81
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Week 3-

Kyle Orton (starting QB, got him late, and to be honest I think I stole him)

Adrian Peterson (Duh)

Lesean McCoy (@ JAX, probably should see quite a few carries and receptions.)

Anquan Boldin (holding out hope he's gonna pan out. A good day against CLE should get him started)

DeSean Jackson (Looking like Vicks favorite target)

Jermichael Finley (Top 5 TE, good chemistry with Rodgers)

Ahmad Bradshaw (Tenn's run D is pretty atrocious, and he should be getting the majority of the carries)

GB Def

Garret Hartley (machine)
Bench:

Johnny Knox (playing a division rival, and honestly I have better options)

Calvin Johnson (Looks like he's not even involved in the offense at this point)

Matthew Stafford (I have a waiver on Freeman)

Dustin Keller (Miami is playing pretty good pass D)

John Carlson (ugh)

Cadillac Williams (Playing Pitt, I have better matchup options)

Ronnie Brown (Better options, especially since he's going up against the Jets, I may rethink this one)

DenFanNPckrLand
09-26-2010, 07:33 AM
As always, here's my starting lineup in a 14 team, standard scoring league (1 QB, 2 RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 2 WR, 1 TE, K, D/ST):

Last Week: Won by over 40 pts thanks to Jahvid Best. He scored 40 while my other 8 starters scored 70 combined.

Starters Week 2

QB ~ Kyle Orton - Orton and Ryan are a tossup again this week, but I'm going with Orton because I have a feeling he'll be throwing the ball a LOT.

WR ~ Malcom Floyd - The Chargers are playing against the same Seattle D that gave up 307 to Orton last week. Cha-ching!

WR ~ Terrell Owens - I struggled with this one. I really wanted to start Eddie Royal, but I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I think TO is going to have a fair game against the horrible Carolina secondary.

RB ~ Maurice Jones-Drew

RB ~ Jahvid Best - I think he's going to do more damage as a pass catcher than a runner today, but still think he'll net me 15-20 pts.

Flex ~ Pierre Thomas - With Reggie Bush out for the next 4-6 weeks, Thomas should get the brunt of the work in that vaunted NO offense.

TE ~ Owen Daniels - Another tossup.

K ~ Garrett Hartley

D/ST ~ Buccaneers - Not liking the way Philly's D is playing right now, so I decided to bench them this week (even though they should get healthy against the Jags today). I have a good feeling about Tampa's D against the revolving QB door that is Pittsburgh's offense.

Bench

BN ~ Matt Ryan

BN ~ Peyton Hillis

BN ~ Eddie Royal

BN ~ Terrell Owens

BN ~ Demaryius Prime

BN ~ Mark Clayton

BN ~ Bo Scaife

BN ~ Eagles D/ST

According to the ESPN projections (which suck) this should be a pretty tight matchup with my opponent. I hope I made the right moves!