PDA

View Full Version : Spanos believes home opener will be blacked out

rmac15
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/sep/09/spanos-states-chargers-stance/

JakeNbake
09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Spanos is a bum my girlfriends family knows him they both live in Stockton or used to or whatever so they know him pretty well they say he's a nut!

Puddleglum
09-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Contrary to what Mr. Acee says, I don't believe having VJ or MM in the fold would lift blackouts or even change ticket sales very much.

Damn this beautiful weather! It makes us fair weather fans! :cool:

LSIGRAD09
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
That's really odd. It's almost a guaranteed win.

Puddleglum
09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
That's really odd. It's almost a guaranteed win.

I never lose faith in the Chargers ability to grasp defeat out of the ever tightening jaws of victory. :thumb:

LSIGRAD09
09-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I never lose faith in the Chargers ability to grasp defeat out of the ever tightening jaws of victory. :thumb:

Lol. That's smart, then you can never be disappointed! Because you anticipate both results! Nice.

Charlie Brown
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I really hate the NFL policy towards blackouts.

For a company that sure has a lot of blue collar fans. They certainly don't mind holding them hostage.

Sometimes the working man simply cannot afford buying tickets to a football game. So, what does the NFL do? They black the game out on local stations.

The NFL policy is:

"If you can't afford to come to the stadium and buy our expensive items and expensive tickets, you cannot watch the game at home."

Puddleglum
09-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I really hate the NFL policy towards blackouts.

For a company that sure has a lot of blue collar fans. They certainly don't mind holding them hostage.

Sometimes the working man simply cannot afford buying tickets to a football game. So, what does the NFL do? They black the game out on local stations.

The NFL policy is:

"If you can't afford to come to the stadium and buy our expensive items and expensive tickets, you cannot watch the game at home."

http://www.syp.org.uk/assets/gallery/Weekly%20Update%20Images/awesome1_display.jpg

jcdavey
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
not surprised , hell the padres aren't drawing much and their in 1st in september lol

anyway, what the fans do or don't do doesn't matter as GB has the best fans in the nfl and they haven't won a sb in over a decade

it's about the actual team on the field :D

Puddleglum
09-10-2010, 07:33 PM
not surprised , hell the padres aren't drawing much and their in 1st in september lol

anyway, what the fans do or don't do doesn't matter as GB has the best fans in the nfl and they haven't won a sb in over a decade

it's about the actual team on the field :D

If the Padres keep losing like they have been I might actually buy into all this talk of San Diego and choking. :paper:

TheQBGuru
09-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd go but I wont be in town...so if it does get blacked out I'll still be able to watch

Boltheads
09-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I had season tickets since I graduated high school - I bought two tickets for my 18th birthday. I took my Dad, friends, girl friends, and eventually my wife for 14 years....until my job moved me to the Pacific Northwest. But, I still fly down for at least one game a year and often two.

I don't understand how a team that has won the AFC West 5 out of the last 6 seasons not only doesn't sell out....but, also doesn't have a waiting list.

It is inexcusable.

Puddleglum
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I had season tickets since I graduated high school - I bought two tickets for my 18th birthday. I took my Dad, friends, girl friends, and eventually my wife for 14 years....until my job moved me to the Pacific Northwest. But, I still fly down for at least one game a year and often two.

I don't understand how a team that has won the AFC West 5 out of the last 6 seasons not only doesn't sell out....but, also doesn't have a waiting list.

It is inexcusable.

I think that's the cue to play California Love

Boltheads
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I think that's the cue to play California LoveI just watched ESPN's 30 on 30 - One Night in Vegas. Love me some Tupac! Dude was a poet.

kishzilla
09-10-2010, 11:06 PM

It is inexcusable.

I think SD just isn't much of a Football town. Since moving from SD and back to Colorado it has become much more apparent. Can't say it's because the money isn't there, because it is, and lots of it. And I'm not saying Colorado>SD or whatever, I just don't think that people are as into the NFL there as in other areas.

Puddleglum
09-11-2010, 06:05 AM
I think SD just isn't much of a Football town. Since moving from SD and back to Colorado it has become much more apparent. Can't say it's because the money isn't there, because it is, and lots of it. And I'm not saying Colorado>SD or whatever, I just don't think that people are as into the NFL there as in other areas.

Nope you're certainly on the right track but trust me this subject deserves a thread all its own.