PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 1 2010 Broncos vs Jaguars

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Elway
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Welcome to year six of the Game day thread. Less that 48 hours to kickoff, so let's get this thing started! :logo:

Well here we are, the start of the 2010 Season. I look at it with a bit of apprehension. I love the Broncos, but the last few season have me feeling a little snake bit. No intentional reference to Plummer, but we haven't been to the playoffs since he left. We got off to a great promising start at 6-0, and then the wheels flew off and pretty much careened off the heads of every fan. We lost 8 of the final 10. To quote the Princess Bride movie, "Inconceivable!" It happened nonetheless.

We had yet another interesting off season. Marshall gone. Tebow in, Doom out for the year, our running backs hobbled, our first round draft pick WR unprove and yet some prer-season promise out of our WR Decker.
I have no idea what kind of team we will be, but I do think it will be a more cohesive. Not sure what to expect, but I will be with them all the ways as always.

The new season has us Facing the Jags, so lets look at some of our old history there.

Under Shanny we played them 7 times, 4 at home (we won twice) , 3 away (we won once)
So we are 4-3 against them, but the 3 losses came the last three times we played them. The last being '08 So let's hope McDaniels can buck the trend there.

Under Shanny we were 10-4 in the opening game of the season.
Under McDaniels 1-0, going for 2-0 :)

It's year two for McDaniels so let's hope he has us going in the right direction!

As always we ask members to be aware of what they post, we have posters of all backgrounds and ages here.
We ask all members to follow the COC. Violators may finds themselves Infracted, Suspended or Banned depending on the nature of the post.
Any questions or issues feel free to contact any of the mods. On game day you should find a few of us present here.

So good luck to all, lets have an injury free game. GO BRONCOS! :goz:

Broncoholic JS
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Go Broncos!!!

Broncoholic JS
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Go Broncos!!!

First gameday reply of the 2010 season goes to me!!! lol

BroncoManiac_69
09-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Getting an early start for opening day I see. :laugh:

None the less, here we GO! The off season is FINALLY over and the real fun begins.

I'm sure hoping to bring home a W from Florida but Jacksonville has been a thorn in our sides on several occasions. Could be a tough tough game with the Tebow media circus in town.

:logo:
:logo:GO BRONCOS!!:logo:

Thors Hammer
09-10-2010, 09:34 PM
None the less, here we GO! The off season is FINALLY over and the real fun begins.

I'm sure hoping to bring home a W from Florida but Jacksonville has been a thorn in our sides on several occasions. Could be a tough tough game with the Tebow media circus in town.

Need 2 days to Hulk up for the first full day of football!!!

"What'cha gonna do brother when Broncomania runs wild on you?!!!

Broncoholic JS
09-10-2010, 09:35 PM

I absolutely cannot wait until Sunday morning!! It is much like Christmas morning is to a child to me!! GO BRONCOS!!!

Broncoholic JS
09-10-2010, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneiEg7rm20

Let's nope we can make Jacksonville hear the drop of a hat like you can at 0:35 here!!

MileHighStud
09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
The pain is headed to jacksonville!!!! The nightmare will be unleashed!!!!! You cant stop what cant be stopped!!!!!!!!!! Broncos are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twizlers
09-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I. Am. So. Excited. Ohmaigawd.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means. :coffee:

Elway
09-10-2010, 09:41 PM
First gameday reply of the 2010 season goes to me!!! lol

I gave you some mad mod CP points for that :)

Elway
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means. :coffee:

Are you sure? That's INCONCEIVABLE! :jawdrop:

Junitz23
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
30-24 Bronckeys!

Elway
09-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Yeah for the first game, I figured I would kick it out early. We've had a tough time with Jacksonville. I remember a few years ago when Denver was there. It was near the end of the game, we were moving the ball down field for the go ahead score, looked like it was in the bag... and our running back fumbled it into the hands of the Jags who ran out the clock. Game over....
Nothing I hate more than when we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

Broncoholic JS
09-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I gave you some mad mod CP points for that :)

Thanks Elway!! Glad to see you!!

Elway
09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks Elway!! Glad to see you!!

It's football season. Time to come out of Hibernation. :D

ERoyal248
09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
GO BRONCOS

I can't wait until Sunday, a little nervous, little excited..

Ready to get this season started..

12and4
09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
we got this game in the bag....

Don't forget to visit the chatroom sunday

Cahill
09-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Nothing gets me more excited than watching Broncos football. I become a completely different person while watching the game. My roommates in college learned this last season when we kept winning games, especially the opener against Cincinnati. When we one that game, I ran up and down the halls of my dorm screaming on the top of my lungs. Now I am generally a very quiet and reserved guy so this caught them off guard. Now whenever we watch football, they are prepared for my inner beast to be unleashed. This year it's different as I am living back at home since I graduated. My plan for gameday is to drink some fine beer and watch the Broncos hopefully win. I think my choice for Sunday will be Blue Moon.

What are some of your favorite beverages or snacks on gameday? I have my beer chosen, now I must come up with a good gameday snack/lunch to go with it.

BroncoManiac_69
09-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah for the first game, I figured I would kick it out early. We've had a tough time with Jacksonville. I remember a few years ago when Denver was there. It was near the end of the game, we were moving the ball down field for the go ahead score, looked like it was in the bag... and our running back fumbled it into the hands of the Jags who ran out the clock. Game over....
Nothing I hate more than when we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

And here I had just about completely forgot about that. :doh:

We are supposed to forget the past and look forward.

I'm tellin' birdy on you. :D

BroncoManiac_69
09-10-2010, 11:34 PM
What are some of your favorite beverages or snacks on gameday? I have my beer chosen, now I must come up with a good gameday snack/lunch to go with it.

Coors is a must here. And an occasional shot of something depending on the progress of the game. Could be Tequilla shooters if we're winning or I go straight for the Jack Daniels if we're... well... um... losing.

And snacks? Are you kidding me? :eek:

If not a pizza then and/or hot wings, pizza rolls, nachos and salsa dip with some corn tortilla chips is a MUST! Each and EVERY game day! I GASP at the thought that you are so behind on this knowledge.

Jack the Ripper
09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
It's football season. Time to come out of Hibernation. :D

I was not a member then, but I remember watching week one last year and I remember seeing Elway post "I love you Stokely!" before the Holy Stokely actually happened on my TV! Awesome!

:salute: to you for the thread Elway and let's get this thing started! :logo:

Cahill
09-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Coors is a must here. And an occasional shot of something depending on the progress of the game. Could be Tequilla shooters if we're winning or I go straight for the Jack Daniels if we're... well... um... losing.

And snacks? Are you kidding me? :eek:

If not a pizza then and/or hot wings, pizza rolls, nachos and salsa dip with some corn tortilla chips is a MUST! Each and EVERY game day! I GASP at the thought that you are so behind on this knowledge.

Haha I am not behind on the knowledge. I was just wondering if you guys had anything more specific that you guys indulged in. Pizza, wings, and chips are standard but I know some people that choose to eat things not generally chosen. Everyone has their favorite food for gameday, I am just looking for some new ideas. I am going to be making some Mexican dip for the game but I am looking for that one gameday food I haven't had yet, trying to start a new ritual. Maybe it will bring some good luck.

BroncoManiac_69
09-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Haha I am not behind on the knowledge. I was just wondering if you guys had anything more specific that you guys indulged in. Pizza, wings, and chips are standard but I know some people that choose to eat things not generally chosen. Everyone has their favorite food for gameday, I am just looking for some new ideas. I am going to be making some Mexican dip for the game but I am looking for that one gameday food I haven't had yet, trying to start a new ritual. Maybe it will bring some good luck.

My wife is Fillipino and she loves to make egg rolls and our guests devour them like there is no tomorrow. She makes a mean batch I'll tell ya.

That would be something different with an Asian touch.

Another thing we do is a crockpot with baked beans filled with those little tiny weenies in them and a touch of BBQ sauce. Another favorite.

EDIT: Oh and that Mexican dip is a great idea too. One of my favs.

*Atwater*
09-10-2010, 11:54 PM
My wife is Fillipino and she loves to make egg rolls and our guests devour them like there is no tomorrow. She makes a mean batch I'll tell ya.

That would be something different with an Asian touch.

Another thing we do is a crockpot with baked beans filled with those little tiny weenies in them and a touch of BBQ sauce. Another favorite.

EDIT: Oh and that Mexican dip is a great idea too. One of my favs.

Mmm Egg rolls I love those,I can usually put down 12.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/210/drooling2.gif

12and4
09-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Mmm Egg rolls I love those,I can usually put down 12.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/210/drooling2.gif

Yeah and your put downs hurt.. :(

Sparky The Sun Devil
09-11-2010, 12:52 AM
seriously how are we 2.5 point underdogs? jacksonville is just terrible.

12and4
09-11-2010, 01:07 AM

you don't ask how... you place wagers... :D

BroncoKing
09-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Let's go Broncos!

ThreeGees
09-11-2010, 03:19 AM
I think this is going to tougher than many expect. We've got no running game (if preseason is any indication and Moreno is not fully ready). this means the Jags can blitz more than they would normally hoping that Orton gets sacked or makes a mistake. On De we need to stop MJD and I don't know if our DL is up to the task. I honestly expect us to lose this game because we won't be able to keep the D off the field more than our O is on it.

Apoc13
09-11-2010, 03:34 AM

most of the 'experts' think we are too

Jaws
09-11-2010, 06:06 AM
This thread is making me hungry!
Got an appetite for football.

Go BRONCOS!

megirb444
09-11-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm so stoked the season is finally here! I'm pumped for this season, despite our pre-training injury woes. I really think we will dominate the Jags overall given how well our first-team performed in the pre-season. I think Buck will have a big game and Moreno will have some decent carries. I think our young receivers (Willis & Decker) will have some cameo performances to throw the Jags off balance and come up big for us.
MJD will get some yards on us but we will contain them to punts and field goals for the most the game. I expect them to get only one touchdown.

Final score:
Denver: 34
Jags: 13

megirb444
09-11-2010, 12:41 PM

I would have to say my fav beverage, at least for an early game is a Mimosa. I usually have to go to a local bar since I live in Oregon and they hardly ever play the Broncos locally. Therefore, I have to get creative with my drinking at 10a, so Mimosas are a great option...along with a hearty breakfast..mmm
:peace:

neckbeard
09-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I would have to say my fav beverage, at least for an early game is a Mimosa. I usually have to go to a local bar since I live in Oregon and they hardly ever play the Broncos locally. Therefore, I have to get creative with my drinking at 10a, so Mimosas are a great option...along with a hearty breakfast..mmm
:peace:

A Screwdriver or a Bloody Mary would be a more "masculine" choice if you're actually drinking in public...

megirb444
09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
A Screwdriver or a Bloody Mary would be a more "masculine" choice if you're actually drinking in public...

That's you assuming I'm male ;).. us female-folk do like football too, ya know! lol

Brakshow
09-11-2010, 01:25 PM
There is no way I'm sleeping tonight, sooooo excited :D go Broncos!!

DishWater
09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm going to go Coors original. Plus...

$5 Hot N Ready's and about a gallon of Texas Pete. A bucket of chicken is always a solid choice as well. Hell, you could pile the chicken and hot sauce on-top the pizza. Greed is just fine on gameday.

Elway
09-11-2010, 05:23 PM
17 Hours until game time.

My Broncos biological clock is ticking! :helmet:

MileHighStud
09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
AGHHHHHHH THE PAIN IS ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED!!!! I AM PUMPED!!!! I WANT THE SEE THE BRONCOS PUNISH THE jags!!!!! HURT 'EM!!!!! BREAK THEIR SPIRIT!!!!! MAKE A STATEMENT!!!! TOMORROW WE ARE TAKING OUR RESPECT!!!! NOONE WANTS TO GIVE IT!!!! SO WE WILLL TTTTTAAAKKKKEEEEE IIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!!

AZ Snake Fan
09-11-2010, 06:53 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

Xtreme Bronco
09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Opening day for the Broncos, I find myself mixed with a overwhelming sense of excitement, but yet full of nerves as well. The first game of the season has not been our best games for sure, despite winning the past two. It took a late FG against Buffalo, and a the miracle Stokley play to win them. When I think of Jacksonville, I always go back to that divisional game when they crushed our hopes, and they have pretty much always given us trouble. I think this will be a tough game for the Broncos to win, but one that they can if they don't beat themselves. Close game for sure, maybe like in the 10-7 pt realm, but I'm gonna go Broncos win it late with a Prater FG, 16-13.

White Dragon
09-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Opening day for the Broncos, I find myself mixed with a overwhelming sense of excitement, but yet full of nerves as well. The first game of the season has not been our best games for sure, despite winning the past two. It took a late FG against Buffalo, and a the miracle Stokley play to win them. When I think of Jacksonville, I always go back to that divisional game when they crushed our hopes, and they have pretty much always given us trouble. I think this will be a tough game for the Broncos to win, but one that they can if they don't beat themselves. Close game for sure, maybe like in the 10-7 pt realm, but I'm gonna go Broncos win it late with a Prater FG, 16-13.

You're skipping one in there. 2007 @ Buffalo (fire drill kick w/ Elam), 2008 @ Oakland (spanking of the Raiders in Royal's debut), 2009 @ Cincinnati (Holy-Stokley).

darth-hideous
09-11-2010, 09:26 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The season is about to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goz:

BroncoManiac_69
09-11-2010, 10:52 PM
DAMN IT!

I am in the middle of a big fence building project that must continue tomorrow and here it is opening day. :brick:

I never thought I would wish the offseason to last just one more week. :huh:

At least it's a morning game. :heh:

*Atwater*
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
DAMN IT!

I am in the middle of a big fence building project that must continue tomorrow and here it is opening day. :brick:

I never thought I would wish the offseason to last just one more week. :huh:

At least it's a morning game. :heh:

Just go to the Home Depot with a case of beer and you can find some "people"
to finish it for you. :D

BroncoManiac_69
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Just go to the Home Depot with a case and you can find some "people"

In Utah?

On a Sunday???

ROFLMAO!

White Dragon
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM

Are you kidding me? Not in Utah you can't.

elecshoc
09-11-2010, 11:02 PM

Oh yeah, custom work at target prices!

Quote by Bernie Mac :peace:

Broncoholic3233
09-11-2010, 11:27 PM
GO BRONCOS! :logo:

Let's start the season off right! :goz:

Ei o Apple
09-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Couple more hours till gametime!

Lets do this baby!! :goz:

jc13
09-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Excited for the new season!

does anybody know if Thomas is playing tomorrow?

I'm sure its been answered already but I'm to tired to look.

Jaws
09-12-2010, 01:45 AM
17 Hours until game time.

My Broncos biological clock is ticking! :helmet:

And I'm expectant, hoping for a great delivery and the birth of things to come!

Chillez
09-12-2010, 02:21 AM
8 more hours until game starts I just want it to start already lol. Here to

starting the season out 1-0!

GO BRONCOS!

neckbeard
09-12-2010, 05:32 AM
A Screwdriver or a Bloody Mary would be a more "masculine" choice if you're actually drinking in public...That's you assuming I'm male ;).. us female-folk do like football too, ya know! lol
Oops! Mea culpa. Is my male chauvinism showing? :doh:

Might I suggest a drinking game in honor of the Broncos' starting QB?

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/08/deadspinhalloffameortonbig.jpg

Every time KO completes a pass, we all do a shot of Jack Daniels!

Last season, Orton completed 22-23 passes per game. So give the bartender your car keys first...

Nomad Broncofan
09-12-2010, 05:51 AM
~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

JaysusCutler
09-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Me gusta el futbol de americana. :)

2 Minute Warning
09-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Are you kidding me? Not in Utah you can't.

Can't do what?:confused:

Emancipator
09-12-2010, 08:07 AM
My favorite thread. I hope to be back and participate today. Go Broncos.

BroncFanIN
09-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi E! Good to see you :beer:

GO BRONCOS!

100%Broncoholic
09-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm preparing my snacks for todays game and I wanted to share it with all of my fellow Broncoholics!!

Well you see there is an interesting recipe for this day and it involves a dash of Royal, with a touch of Tebow, a small mash of Moreno, and an offering of Orton.

After those, we can give a chunk of Champ, plus an Aspiring Ayers, added to a dicey DJ finished off with a diced Dawkins.

Finally those are all touched off with a little Orange Crush and we Should come out of Jacksonville with a W, but unfortunately we remember 96...

Let's go Broncos!!!

dsmith275
09-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Oh man so excited I can not wait we are so close!!!!!! I am assuming we are wearing our blue jersies today. I want to make sure I've got the correct jersey on;) anyone hear for sure if we are?

about an hour and a half go:orton: and go:logo: what a great day!!!!!!!

Houdini
09-12-2010, 08:34 AM
I am predicting a beatdown by the Broncos. I know it may sound crazy but I think the Broncos are going to play with alot of attitude today. This will be a statement game for them and they shall deliver.

Final score 31-10, Denver covers by at least 17 points. Yes folks, Jaguars exposed as kittens. :goz:

Elway
09-12-2010, 08:37 AM
about 90 minutes to go!!!

YABBA DABBA DOO!

MileHighStud
09-12-2010, 08:45 AM
The time to unleash PAIN IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! AAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!!! ?????????? THE BRONCOS ARE BACK AND THE PAIN WILL BE UNLEASHED IN JACKSONVILLE!!!!!!!! YYYYEEEAAHHHHHHHH THE NIGHTMARE WILL BE UNLEASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jags are going to fall in jacksonville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!!

BroncFanIN
09-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh man so excited I can not wait we are so close!!!!!! I am assuming we are wearing our blue jersies today. I want to make sure I've got the correct jersey on;) anyone hear for sure if we are?

about an hour and a half go:orton: and go:logo: what a great day!!!!!!!

Jacksonville is wearing their teal shirts, so Denver is wearing away white :D

welderhead
09-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Broncs will tackle Jvilles' backs with Tbow-like enthusiasm. Broncs will score enough points to win. Know-show will drop a pass and fumble due to rust, so that will be a downer. My big question is over play-calling. Josh is no longer scrambling with inherited situations. Now that the team is somewhat molded, we'll see what kind of offense he envisions. I like his special teams play over Shanahan's, but his offensive play calling? We'll see...

Jay3
09-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Aaa---ight, boyz! It's getting to be about that time!

dsmith275
09-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Jacksonville is wearing their teal shirts, so Denver is wearing away white :D

All right that will help with the heat! Thanks for the info time to get my white Elway jersey out!

BroncFanIN
09-12-2010, 08:51 AM
via Twitter:

RT @PostBroncos: It's an odd scene at the stadium. Tons of photographers and fans waiting at the visitors tunnel. ZERO at the home tunnel.

Elway
09-12-2010, 09:01 AM
60 minutes... tik tik tik BOOM! :orton:

ERoyal248
One hour..

Go broncos

Jay3
via Twitter:

And she posted a picture of it.

http://www.mirbinoculars.ru/products_pictures/141c9bd5d32d141981a28a0c78433a89_regular.jpg

Brakshow
09-12-2010, 09:06 AM
via Twitter:

lol thats awesome. 1 hour till kickoff my nerves are exploding!!!!!!!!

england4broncos
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
What's the bet Tebow takes the first snap of the game.

I'm thinking a delayed draw play and Bucky takes it up the middle for 6 yards.

Jaws
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
about 90 minutes to go!!!

YABBA DABBA DOO!

And I'll add a Chomp-a-doodle-doo!

demonicbroncos
09-12-2010, 09:13 AM
40 more mins!!!!!! Go Broncos.

welderhead
09-12-2010, 09:13 AM
NFL doctrine says keep a functioning quarterback (which Orton is) happy and calm and keep number 2 and 3 out of sight and out of mind. Talk of Tebow is detrimental to the team, at least if you agree with history.

Hoserman117
09-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Can't wait.... way too excited.

BroncFanIN
09-12-2010, 09:29 AM
hmmm....just thought of an evil genius thought:

Bring Tebow out early to "flip" the hometown crowd towards Denver? :huh:

BroncoFanFromSD
09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Half an HOUR...!

chazoe60
09-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Bill Cowher is ridiculous. He said of Tebow when asked if he'd EVER be a starting QB in the NFL "I'd love to have him as a son-in-law but not as my starting QB."
Isn't this the slobbering dolt that had Slash as his starting QB for years? TT>>>>>Slash and it's not even close.

Jay3
09-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Bill Cowher is ridiculous. He said of Tebow when asked if he'd EVER be a starting QB in the NFL "I'd love to have him as a son-in-law but not as my starting QB."
Isn't this the slobbering dolt that had Slash as his starting QB for years? TT>>>>>Slash and it's not even close.

Tebow elicits all kind of un-called for declarations of his failure.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

getlynched47
09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Can Tim Tebow be a starting Quarterback in the NFL?

According to Bill Cowher: "He's a great kid. I'd love to have him as my son-in-law. I wouldn't want him being my starting quarterback"

I just thought that was stupid.

If players that were doubted never got an opportunity, then we would've never seen Tom Brady hit the field.

-Rod-
09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm a little disappointed that Thompson is inactive :(

We will see what Jones and Vaughn can do, but I thought Thompson would be a great option to return some punts and keep Royal fresh.

elecshoc
09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Can Tim Tebow be a starting Quarterback in the NFL?

According to Bill Cowher: "He's a great kid. I'd love to have him as my son-in-law. I wouldn't want him being my starting quarterback"

I just thought that was stupid.

If players that were doubted never got an opportunity, then we would've never seen Tom Brady hit the field.

Probably still feeling the burn from kordell. :P

demonicbroncos
09-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm a little disappointed that Thompson is inactive :(

We will see what Jones and Vaughn can do, but I thought Thompson would be a great option to return some punts and keep Royal fresh.

We have Cox to return punts as well. I love our special teams we stack with good gunners and returners.

bronco30
09-12-2010, 09:52 AM
if we can stop/slow down there running game i predict will win 20-16....

robert ayers hopefully 1st of many career sacks today...

Downboy
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Just start already I'm so nervous! The anxiety is killing me haha. Just heard hottest home game in Jags history. Least we get to wear the white.

d-bronx42
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
WOOOOOO!!!! I'm ready baby! :peace:

Hoserman117
09-12-2010, 09:54 AM
I'M SO PUMPED. We need to wreck these fools.

BroncFanIN
seeing lots of tweets that it's really hot there today in Jacksonville. I'm glad we are wearing whites.

Crowd just roared for Tebow as the Broncos entered the field. :laugh:

Jay3
Nice roar from #Broncos fans on hand as their team takes the field. Tebow runs onto field, begins practicing taking snaps at midfield.

http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos/statuses/24298980595

sbxxxiichamps
09-12-2010, 09:55 AM
GET PUMPED!!! kickoff is only minutes away

taz1458
09-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Tebow mania? Is it in full force in Jacksonville?

igoe4broncos
09-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Lets go Broncos! If we jump on them early, we will win.

ERoyal248
09-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Go broncos

Hoserman117
seeing lots of tweets that it's really hot there today in Jacksonville. I'm glad we are wearing whites.

Crowd just roared for Tebow as the Broncos entered the field. :laugh:

Wow we're wearing whites? I'm surprised the Jags didn't choose to wear their away colors.

Xtreme Bronco
It's finally here, and another year of hopes and dreams to come.......:goz:

Downboy
09-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Wow we're wearing whites? I'm surprised the Jags didn't choose to wear their away colors.

The Jags have these new jerseys that are supposed to repel the effects of the sun. That way they can wear the home jerseys more often.

Elway
09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
and here we go..

As always FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT!

Thank you

GO DENVER :logo:

igoe4broncos
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Man it looks hot as crap lol

d-bronx42
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Here we go Bronco Nation! It's scary to see MJD sweating already without even playing... It must be HOT!

d-bronx42
09-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Almost 100 degrees in humid Jax... That must suck.

igoe4broncos
Are they chanting for Tebow lol

BayAreaBronco
It's finally here, and another year of hopes and dreams to come.......:goz:

Agreed. It couldn't have come any sooner, but it's here. Enjoy the season!!!

Good luck Broncos!

Broncos724
Woooohooooo it's here!!!!! FOOTBALL :cheers:

Axemaster
09-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Here we go Bronco Nation! It's scary to see MJD sweating already without even playing... It must be HOT!

90 and probably HUMID!

d-bronx42
Perrish Cox!!

Downboy
Come on Cox! Let's see something!

SuperCaliBronco
I feel kinda nervous, but I know we can win if we give our best effort on the field.

:goz:

redbirdy80
Football! Football, football, football, FOOTBALL!!!

Oh, hey, did I mention?

FOOTBALL

Elway
Come on Orton! :orton:

bronco30
09-12-2010, 10:04 AM
79 yds away lets go have great drive

d-bronx42
There we go baby!! 28 yard pass!

igoe4broncos
Nice first play!

Elway
Good yards on Graham! First down on the first play!

BroncsSB#3
Nice way to start the season

#24 Next Champ
09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
great start, Graham and Moreno!

d-bronx42
10 yards run by Moreno! He looks awesome.

Downboy
Nice frst run from Knowshon

bronco30
well designed boys yess...wtg moreno u bet

Jack the Ripper
Nice Run right there! Know~

BroncsSB#3
hmm. interesting...

Hoserman117
God I hate gamecast.

Elway
Tebow with a small rush.

Hoserman117
09-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Tebows first play!

Elway
Royal with good hands.

BroncsSB#3
Man this is the way to start the season. Great drive so far.

bronco30
wtg eddie yess keep movin it boys....

d-bronx42
Moving the chains..... Clady looking dominate early.

HurricaneDovs
09-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Good opening drive so far here.

Elway
3rd and short coming up.

Downboy
Tebow in as the wideout? They really are gonna use him haha

igoe4broncos
3rd and short where we struggled last year...

bronco30
convert this plzzzzz

Elway
09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Nice stretch... but coming back for the hold on Beadles.

bronco30
oh beadles no crap 3rd n 11

d-bronx42
c'mon Beadles..... You just took away a 1st down and probably our drive.

Downboy
Beadles with the penalty. Dang it.

HurricaneDovs
Dangit. Come on guys.

Hoserman117
Dangit Beadles....

Elway
09-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Yup... he took the sack.... Uh Kyle.... ugh.

d-bronx42
Stanley Daniels and Beadles just ruined that drive for us....

BroncFanIN
:brick:

That holding call sucked.

Hoserman117
Ugghhh way to flop after an awesome drive

igoe4broncos
Get rid of the ball Orton!

bronco30
holding call killed it all crappp....lets go defense

ERoyal248
Thanks Zane, way to take away our drive..

HurricaneDovs
09-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Penalty killed us.

BroncsSB#3
That was a bad ending but a good drive for the most part.

#24 Next Champ
damn stanley Daniels.....good call on the punt instead of FG, field position is the name of the game

Hoserman117
WHat??

PUnt??

d-bronx42
That sack just took 3pt's off the board... Awesome job Orton.

Elway
Good yards and ball movement... no points.

Let's hope the first drive isn't indicitive of our season.

sbxxxiichamps
Why did we punt?!!?!? Prater can boot one from that distance. I would rather have gone for a deep pass than punt that far down in their territory.

#24 Next Champ
09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
That sack just took 3pt's off the board... Awesome job Orton.

no thank stanley daniels

nickmeyer
Man its hot there I hope our D can keep their Offense off the field today, MJD needs to be held in check, really needed to score there.

taz1458
Good yards and ball movement... no points.

Let's hope the first drive isn't indicitive of our season.

Story of the 2009/2010 season. AND why no FG kick?

d-bronx42
Why did we punt?!!?!? Prater can boot one from that distance. I would rather have gone for a deep pass than punt that far down in their territory.

And let them have the ball at the 45 instead of the 10?

Jay3
Knowshon Moreno looks good out there.

demonicbroncos
It was a good drive we move the ball well. Our rooks olineman need some time to get used to the nfl.

HarlemHeat
09-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Broncos struggling near/in the RZ?..shocking..

Hadez
Those are the kind of plays we are going to see if we keep going no backs in the back field.

There needs to be a hot read and Orton needs to hit it.

Not sure who cost us 3 points there but someone did.

Elway
Come on run d!

bronco30
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
hold them now make them punt..

Hoserman117
Nice hit there

taz1458
Broncos struggling near/in the RZ?..shocking..

Isnt it? Really got to figure out why we ALWAYS seem to stall in opponents territory.

Elway
Champ got beat for 23 yards :(

d-bronx42
C'mon Champ!!!! WTH was that??

Donkeyslol
Champ Bailey toasted.

HurricaneDovs
Wow. Champ got kind of owned there.

nickmeyer
09-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Come on Champ that guy is a chump

Hadez
Come on Champ play the ball.

Champ looked like a Chump on that play

bronco30
champ no oh not good.....lets go def

Hoserman117
Ayers almost overpursued and killed us there, glad he was able to get off the block to slow him up.

Jay3
Well it was a perfect pass. :D

Hoserman117
Come on Champ....

DrunkPanda
09-12-2010, 10:15 AM
defense looks bad

d-bronx42
Nice holding penatly

Elway
Bears up by 3
Pit by 3
Miami by 3
New England by 7

bronco30
yes holding thankfully....

Hoserman117
Nice play against the run

nickmeyer
Hoping Orton didn't twist an ankle on that sack. Was just thinking about it.

Hoserman117
09-12-2010, 10:16 AM
WOOT. Holding. TAKE A STEP BACK FOOLS.

Elway
Bring out the Punter!

d-bronx42
4th down baby.... Good stop D..

sbxxxiichamps
And let them have the ball at the 45 instead of the 10?

Or go up by 3?? id rather take a chance and get points then rely on our defense

HurricaneDovs
Well the D held. Good job. Now lets move the ball again but this time finish.

bronco30
yes got off the field good job.....

Hoserman117
09-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Great job not letting Garrard take off on that play. Ayers had good pressure. Can't let them convert here or I'll explode.

d-bronx42
That was an awesome punt indeed....

bronco30
only 93 yds away not bad lol....

nickmeyer
Ok lets see a healthy dose of KnoMo.

chazoe60
09-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Cougars love cats :laugh:

Hoserman117
Great blitz! Good job D!

Bahh... stupid awesome punter.

Elway
Ok, let's try another drive, this time without the sack.

#24 Next Champ
yo guys chill on the champ play, that was a pick route...when you rewind it, the outside man ran into Champ, actually (Cox) did....so the dude had a major cushing going around the outside....that's y you gotta watch the actual corner on the play....you'll see it when u rewind

HarlemHeat
Still really disappointed that the Broncos couldn't even get 3 on the first drive, it was going extremely well until the last 2 plays, although I've come to expect this from the Broncos the last few years..

DrunkPanda
09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
i don't understand the appeal of cougars. why do some guys like girls that look old?

Mac Dre
yo guys chill on the champ play, that was a pick route...when you rewind it, the outside man ran into Champ, actually (Cox) did....so the dude had a major cushing going around the outside....that's y you gotta watch the actual corner on the play....you'll see it when u rewind

Dude get off his tip already.

DrunkPanda
good throw orton. that was only like 5 yards short

Elway
2nd and 10.

Hadez
09-12-2010, 10:20 AM
That looked like KO is 2009, not accurate at all

d-bronx42
Awesome throw to Llyod... 1st down.

Elway
Lloyd with the catch.

LET"S KEEP IT CIVIL IN HERE FOLKS.

Hoserman117
Not a good throw

Snk16
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Here we go Broncos. Let's start the season up on a good note! :salute:

DrunkPanda
looked to me like half our offensive line was offsides on that play

bronco30
convert this boyss

Elway
Here we go Broncos. Let's start the season up on a good note! :salute:

SNK in the house :)

Hoserman117
Lulz, looks like I'm way behind you guys.

Elway
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
That drive was for naught. (sigh)

nickmeyer
Bad play call imo

Hoserman117
Bah. Gotta punt.

Gamecast = Fail. SO late.

DrunkPanda
good punt coverage

taz1458
09-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Rough start to this one it sounds like.

Den615
Orton looks a little nervous...

It's week one, it might take a quarter or two for the teams to get in a rhythm.

Jack the Ripper
Man, Bruton is just an amazing special teams player!

HarlemHeat
Orton looked extremely comfortable and confident in preseason, I don't think I see the same thing out of him so far, although it's early..

demonicbroncos
Looks like this game is going to be won in the fourth quarter.

Hoserman117
Props to Colquitt there. Berger could not punt half that distance.

bronco30
good coverage boys not 3 n out would be nice

d-bronx42

Relax bro... Sometimes people get beat.

#24 Next Champ
Orton, c'mon, don't go back to sucking, wth....and PULL Knowshon, he looks like a GRANNY back there, save him so he can at least be 100% later on...he's slow enough as it is!

#24 Next Champ
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Relax bro... Sometimes people get beat.

nah, he did, I'm just sayin' if you look at the play, there was nothing more he really could've done....idc, but people were all trippin on here

BroncsSB#3
Side note: Cutler just threw his first int

Elway
Not surprised at the shaky start, how often have these guys all been at the field at the same time?

Just got to fight through it and build some confidence.

d-bronx42
09-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Orton, c'mon, don't go back to sucking, wth....and PULL Knowshon, he looks like a GRANNY back there, save him so he can at least be 100% later on...he's slow enough as it is!

Are you even watching the game...? Knowshon has looked very so far.

HurricaneDovs
Thank goodness for Dawkins on that play or it could have been ugly for us.

Elway

LOL, Tom Jackson gave him about 32 of them for the upcoming season.

Hoserman117
Anything happening? Gamecasts always lag.

nickmeyer
Being able to containn MJD will determine if we win or not

d-bronx42
09-12-2010, 10:26 AM
How was that catchable?!?!?!?!?!

Elway
stupid flag.... bah!

demonicbroncos
pass interference Dawnkins

bronco30
dawkins pass inteference crappp....

d-bronx42
That was a bull penalty... Wow.

sbxxxiichamps

lololololol:orton:

welderhead
We'll contain Hercules. Will Josh contain himself? QB sneak on first down?

HurricaneDovs
How was that catchable?!?!?!?!?!

Because the guy is "6'6'', 275 and you cant overthrow him". :rolleyes:

HarlemHeat
Jags getting the homefield treatment from the refs IMO..

Bronco_Beard1
09-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Thats what happens when you throw into triple coverage. I don't know what that guy is thinking sometimes... and by sometimes, I mean most of the time.

bronco30
all day to throw come on now....

Hoserman117
Fail refs...

DrunkPanda

well it's about time! it's been almost a full quarter

d-bronx42
Ummmm holding....>?!

Elway
Jags blocked the D well on that run

Hoserman117
We need pressure....

demonicbroncos
09-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Looks like Jax wants to tired out the defense with their rbs.