PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Defensive Lineman Chris Baker Now? I'll Tell Ya...

getlynched47
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
For one, I'm very surprised that this guy isn't at least on our practice squad. I really felt that he could be our long-term solution at Nose Tackle.

I'm kind of sad that it didn't work out. He's extremely talented. I will always remember the play where he knocked over C Olin Kreutz (All-Pro, 6 Time Pro-Bowler) flat on his butt in the 2009 preseason game.

That was impressive.

Anyways, regarding where Chris Baker is, apparently he's in the UFL

http://www.ufl-football.com/hartford-colonials/player-roster

Signed with the Hartford Colonials.

Have you guys ever browsed the UFL team rosters? It's kind of scary to see so many ex-Broncos there. Kind of makes you wonder why the hell UFL-caliber players were on this team for long periods.

White Dragon
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Tatum Bell should be on an NFL roster. He now holds the record for most rushing yards in a professional football game. He ran for 365 yards in one game.

Bernie24
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Tatum Bell should be on an NFL roster. He now holds the record for most rushing yards in a professional football game. He ran for 365 yards in one game.

He played DAMN good for us in 2008.

I don't know why we cut him or Pittman for that matter. I know Pittman was old, but Bell? He was shredding the Chargers in his only start for us.

You know we still need a #3 RB. I'd be ecstatic if we signed him as a change of pace back(though I know it will never happen :()...

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
09-11-2010, 11:21 PM
baker got fat and now he sucks ass.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
09-11-2010, 11:22 PM

I don't know why we cut him or Pittman for that matter. I know Pittman was old, but Bell? He was shredding the Chargers in his only start for us.

You know we still need a #3 RB. I'd be ecstatic if we signed him as a change of pace back(though I know it will never happen :()...

he doesn't have that kind of speed anymore. We might as well draft a fast guy in the third or forth round next year.

Bernie24
09-11-2010, 11:24 PM
he doesn't have that kind of speed anymore. We might as well draft a fast guy in the third or forth round next year.

Like Noel Devine :rockon:

flosstein
09-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Have you guys every browsed the UFL team rosters? It's kind of scary to see so many ex-Broncos there. Kind of makes you wonder why the hell UFL-caliber players were on this team for long periods.

There's like 10 ex-Broncos on the Nighthawks. I think there's like a 5 per team average :eek:. Guys like Putzier, Foster, Lowery(probably the single worst DB ever to wear a Bronco uni), Bell, Clarett (hope he makes good use of his 2nd chance), Kircus, etc.... Mostly under achievers looking for a 2nd chance. It would be nice if the NFL got a little more involved and it could be used to farm guys, kind of like the minors in baseball. They could also use it to beta test all these new rules so we don't have to make Peyton mad.

johnlimburg
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM
tatum bell tried out for the titans and was even invited to training camp. Shows where his play is at in my opinion.

91bronco
09-12-2010, 06:40 AM

I thought he at least deserved an invitation to training camp with that perforance as well. Makes you wonder if and how much the missing bag incident in Cincy with Rudy Johnson affects him.

100%Broncoholic
09-12-2010, 08:27 AM
I thought he at least deserved an invitation to training camp with that perforance as well. Makes you wonder if and how much the missing bag incident in Cincy with Rudy Johnson affects him.

It happened in Detroit...

beastlyskronk
09-12-2010, 09:17 AM
baker got fat and now he sucks ass.

Pretty much this, he showed up to camp out of shape, never got back into shape, and couldn't play effectively at that weight

JayJack
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I went to the Broncos vs. Jags game yesterday, and about an hour before the game, i got a chance to talk to Chris Baker's High School football coach. He got my attention because i had on a Champ Bailey jersey, and he wanted to talk to me a little bit about how i felt about Baker. This same Coach was Jags DT Terrence Knighton's high school Coach also (Thats why he was at the game).

I'm very bad with remembering names, so i'll call him Coach High :D. He told me that Baker had a chance to be on the Broncos PS, but Baker felt that he would have a better chance of getting notice playing in the UFL vs being on the PS. Coach High said that he tried to convince Baker to stay with the Broncos and continue to get proper coaching, but Baker didn't want to.

Coach high was disappointed in Baker because he says that Baker has all the talent in the world to be a good player, but his work ethic is not where you would want it to be. He also said that gaining weight was not a good decision by Baker because it took away from his athletism & versatility.

owninit
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
For one, I'm very surprised that this guy isn't at least on our practice squad. I really felt that he could be our long-term solution at Nose Tackle.

I'm kind of sad that it didn't work out. He's extremely talented. I will always remember the play where he knocked over C Olin Kreutz (All-Pro, 6 Time Pro-Bowler) flat on his butt in the 2009 preseason game.

That was impressive.

Have you guys ever browsed the UFL team rosters? It's kind of scary to see so many ex-Broncos there. Kind of makes you wonder why the hell UFL-caliber players were on this team for long periods.

I've been trying to bring this to reality for some time lots of the 08 players from the broncos aren't in the NFL, and the UFL is full of them now, the roster had gone down hill TREMENDOUSLY from 06-08.....

cdnbroncosfan
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM
I've been trying to bring this to reality for some time lots of the 08 players from the broncos aren't in the NFL, and the UFL is full of them now, the roster had gone down hill TREMENDOUSLY from 06-08.....

Good point, if any of these guys were good enough they would be on NFL rosters (even for special teams) instead of trying to keep the dream alive in the UFL. We had some stinkers in the secondary in those years playing some scrubs at safety.

It's too bad about Baker but sometimes an attitude adjustment is what's needed as well. I remember Mike Bell saying that getting cut from Denver was the best thing to help change his attitude. I thought Baker looked great in pre-season last year as well but what we all don't see off the field clearly makes a huge difference as well.

White Dragon
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM

How can you say that when Denver had these names on their roster...

Todd Devoe
David Kircus
Selvin Young
Andre Hall
Bradlee Van Pelt
Marquand Manuel
Calvin Lowry
Dwayne Robertson
Tim Crowder
Patrick Ramsey
Charlie Adams
Nate Jackson
Wesley Duke
Corey Jackson

And the list goes on for quite awhile.

owninit
09-13-2010, 03:16 PM
This is the first year in a while that denver cut guys and they were picke up by other teams....

Here's the list that McD cut as soon as he got here from the 08 squad:

Anthony Alridge
Alex Haynes
P.J. Pope
Chad Mustard
Cliff Russell
Josh Shaw
Dre Bly - SF Finally picked him up
Cory Boyd
Nate Jackson
Dewayne Robertson
Marquand Manuel
Jamie Winborn
John Engelberger
Niko Koutouvides
Edell Shepherd
Karl Paymah
Erik Pears
Jeb Putzier
Patrick Ramsey
Marlon McCree
Andre Hall
Nate Webster
Darrell Jackson
Ebenezer Ekuban
Michael Pittman
Tatum Bell

There is some baddddddd names in there that were starters....

ParkHill-71
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM

That was impressive.

Kinda sad to me. I thought he would fair much better than he did. Hopefully he will get back on track and be able to make it back to the NFL to grow even more....