PDA

View Full Version : My Raiders Uniform Update Concept

White Dragon
09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Okay, I decided to do the whole AFC West, and next is the Raiders.

I said in my Chiefs uniform thread that I thought the Raiders needed a little bit of updating, but not much.

Please note, on the away uniforms, the pants are ALTERNATE pants. I only had two places to show pants and I used that to show the black ones. The primary pants would always be silver.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/ADW7702/Concepts/OAK_PLogoHigh.png

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/ADW7702/Concepts/OAK_LogoSheet.png

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/ADW7702/Concepts/OAK_UniSheet.png

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/ADW7702/Concepts/OAK_NumSheet.png

Charlie Brown
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I do not like it.

I do hope that you aren't getting any "ideas" on how to ruin the Browns uniform.

White Dragon
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I do not like it.

I do hope that you aren't getting any "ideas" on how to ruin the Browns uniform.

I'll be doing every NFL team. Some will have minor changes, some major.

The Browns, I wouldn't change much to be honest.

Charlie Brown
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I'll be doing every NFL team. Some will have minor changes, some major.

The Browns, I wouldn't change much to be honest.

If that floats your boat. But, just to let you know ahead of time, I won't like it. Now, if you changed that post to say.

"I'll be doing most NFL teams, some will ahve minor (or none) and others will have major. The Browns, I won't be doing anything to them, to be honest."

Then I'd be fine. Just to let you know, I really don't like the tone of: "I wouldn't change much".

The smallest little thing, could potentially ruin something.

I am a firm traditionalist. Browns don't have cheerleaders - I'm glad. I don't like the Browns owners recent (as in a few years ago) comments about bringing cheerleaders.

But, back to the Raiders.

I don't like the changes you made. I feel tradition is something to uphold and honor. Sure, your changes may be relatively minor to the Raiders. But I do not like them. I think the Raiders jersey that exists currently, is just fine.

This jersey, looks more like one I've seen the Jaguars wear before as an alternate.

White Dragon
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
If that floats your boat. But, just to let you know ahead of time, I won't like it. Now, if you changed that post to say.

"I'll be doing most NFL teams, some will ahve minor (or none) and others will have major. The Browns, I won't be doing anything to them, to be honest."

Then I'd be fine. Just to let you know, I really don't like the tone of: "I wouldn't change much".

I am a firm traditionalist. Browns don't have cheerleaders - I'm glad. I don't like the Browns owners recent (as in a few years ago) comments about bringing cheerleaders.

I don't like the changes you made. I feel tradition is something to uphold and honor. Sure, your changes may be relatively minor to the Raiders. But I do not like them. I think the Raiders jersey that exists currently, is just fine.

Want to know what I'd do to the Browns?

- Get rid of the gray facemask and change it back to white.
- Get rid of the "AL" on the sleeve.
- Possibly move the stripes up on the sleeve a little bit (to compensate for the every shortening sleeves of jerseys nowadays)
- Bring back the "B" football logo as a primary logo.
- Bring back an alternate orange jersey (which I know you don't like, but I do, so that's my personal choice there)
- Bring back the orange pants as an alternate choice to go with the white jersey.
- Possibly add an outline to the numbers. (I'm still undecided on this one though)

DevilSpawn
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
I like it for another team outside the NFL, maybe high school or college. The one thing about this is that when you look at the uniform, it doesn't say Raiders. A plain black jersey with silver letters says it all. Even the pirate. Too much legendary history and tradition to change it even slightly, and every Raider fan would agree. It's too classic.

http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/ken-stabler-oakland-raiders-black-nfl-premier-throwback-jersey-3175096.jpg

Charlie Brown
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Want to know what I'd do to the Browns?

- Get rid of the gray facemask and change it back to white.
- Get rid of the "AL" on the sleeve.
- Possibly move the stripes up on the sleeve a little bit (to compensate for the every shortening sleeves of jerseys nowadays)
- Bring back the "B" football logo as a primary logo.
- Bring back an alternate orange jersey (which I know you don't like, but I do, so that's my personal choice there)
- Bring back the orange pants as an alternate choice to go with the white jersey.
- Possibly add an outline to the numbers. (I'm still undecided on this one though)

Ok, let's go through this.

The Browns original facemask was grey, not white. I was ecstatic that they finally brought back the grey facemask as that is one thing that the fans wanted.

The "AL" are on the jerseys in remembrance of Alfred Lerner, the owner that brought the Browns back to Cleveland. The AL is going nowhere.

The Stripes are fine where they are.

The Browns "B" logo was created in 2003. I hate the <B> logo. The Browns logo is the Browns helmet. The only other "emblem" I like in any form is the Brownie elf. As that was the Browns original emblem from 1946 untill Modell bought the team and changed it to either the Helmet or simply "Cleveland Browns".

The Browns orange jersey is a travesty, was when they made it. Browns fans demanded the team get rid of it. The team obliged.

The Orange pants were created in the seventies. Prior to that, they never existed. The Orange pants were a fad and hopefully the Brown pants are the same (so far, looks like it was)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
How would you feel if tradition involved black and mustard yellow vertically striped socks? :laugh:

Charlie Brown
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
How would you feel if tradition involved black and mustard yellow vertically striped socks? :laugh:

If that was the Browns tradition and the Browns wore that for great lengths of time, then I'd be all for it. However, that is a hypothetical as the Browns never wore that. The Broncos did however, but for a very short period of time and got rid of them. Now, if you want to talk about the Broncos tradition. The Broncos tradition is this:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/04/27/amd_john-elway.jpg

The Raiders jerseys I remember are pretty much what they are wearing now (with minor exceptions).

Same with the Chiefs. Chargers? I miss their old jerseys. They look like an XFL team (or Arena League even) now

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM
If that was the Browns tradition and the Browns wore that for great lengths of time, then I'd be all for it. However, that is a hypothetical as the Browns never wore that. The Broncos did however, but for a very short period of time and got rid of them. Now, if you want to talk about the Broncos tradition. The Broncos tradition is this:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/04/27/amd_john-elway.jpg

Well, there's the other orange jerseys we wore that had the orange helmets and the white horse.

Unfortunately, I can't say that we actually have a traditional uniform even though we're from the AFL.

Charlie Brown
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, there's the other orange jerseys we wore that had the orange helmets and the white horse.

Unfortunately, I can't say that we actually have a traditional uniform even though we're from the AFL.

Most of Denver's history has been spent in the jersey I put up (or one similar to it). People today don't respect that. Instead they decide they want to play into fads. The "Goth" fad is pretty big right now because of terrible movies like the Twilight series. So, does that mean everything has to be black and pale with fangs?

RaiderFanSD
09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
They're actually not bad. The away's are pretty sick. :thumb:

80stheman
09-14-2010, 10:49 PM
WD, I like it. I've always thought the Raiders needed a tweak to their uni, mainly to the jersey. Their jersey has always been boring - no stripes, just black or white with numbers. Too plain. And I never liked the road white jersey with silver pants. Black pants would be better, like what you did. I can appreciate the sentiment of the traditionalists like Charlie Brown and DevilSpawn, but sometimes a team needs an update. I wasn't too thrilled when the Broncos changed to the current uni, but it grew on me (maybe winning a SB the first year wearing them had something to do with that :D)

Mac Dre
09-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Lmao @ Charlie Brown acting like his team has some sort of pride.

White Dragon
09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I fixed up the uniforms. Thinking about what DS said, I kept looking at them and the white outlines didn't fit, I don't know why but they just didn't look right.

I also didn't like the double striping on the pants, so I fixed that too. I think it looks much better now.

I just updated the image, so you'll have to refresh if you've already seen the other one.

CinnaMunMun
09-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I like the away ones a lot, but for the home ones I like the look they have now, pure black with silver on the letters and numbers only. The silver trim makes it look less menacing like you expect from the Raiders.

12and4
09-15-2010, 12:14 AM
How bout for the helmets you take the shield off and just have the raider, bigger though.

IDK if you know what i mean, but heres a pic

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P3n_Bszr0uk/TIXAgDl700I/AAAAAAAAAIs/7oeDVq4wFg0/s1600/ORPEEHYINHTSXSK_20100829011938.jpg

not sure if it will work in the nfl though

Broncoholic3233
09-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Did you do a Broncos one? I can't find it...if you did.

White Dragon
09-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Did you do a Broncos one? I can't find it...if you did.

I did a Broncos one years ago, posted it on here even. However, I'm going to redo it and post it in the GD & Graphics sections when I do.

So far I've done the other three AFC West teams.

Freestyle
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM

This jersey, looks more like one I've seen the Jaguars wear before as an alternate.
I actually agree about tradition. If a look is iconic, I wouldn't change it and I'd put the Browns on the list.

If I had photoshop though I'd take Jacksonville's helmet, put a Bulldog on it with a blur so it looks like it's going fast, color it orange and brown and put dog bites all over the uniform. What a sweet Browns update that would be. :D

12and4
09-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't think he used photoshop for these, i'm 99% sure its vector so like illustrator or correldraw

White Dragon
09-15-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't think he used photoshop for these, i'm 99% sure its vector so like illustrator or correldraw

Illustrator... a graphic designer's best friend.

12and4
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Illustrator... a graphic designer's best friend.

I need to get the hang of Illustrators UI, i have not been able to do so.

I used to just make my vector art in flash, since it was much easier to use for me.

yes it doesn't have all the cool tools and filters that illustrator has, but it is just a basic program for vector.

(oh and i know what the proper use of flash is, btw... i used to make games with it)

thats cool though, i'd love to learn one day.

White Dragon
09-16-2010, 01:05 AM
I need to get the hang of Illustrators UI, i have not been able to do so.

I used to just make my vector art in flash, since it was much easier to use for me.

yes it doesn't have all the cool tools and filters that illustrator has, but it is just a basic program for vector.

(oh and i know what the proper use of flash is, btw... i used to make games with it)

thats cool though, i'd love to learn one day.

I'm completely self taught. No tutorials, no guides, just using it and learning as I went, and now I have 6 years experience using it.

Filters in Illustrator aren't as glamorous as Photoshop, by any means, but what can you expect from a vector program?

I have to be honest, I prefer using it so much over Photoshop for everything I can.

Charlie Brown
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I actually agree about tradition. If a look is iconic, I wouldn't change it and I'd put the Browns on the list.

Good

If I had photoshop though I'd take Jacksonville's helmet, put a Bulldog on it with a blur so it looks like it's going fast, color it orange and brown and put dog bites all over the uniform. What a sweet Browns update that would be. :D

Not good, not good at all.

Browns aren't dogs. Browns aren't named after dogs. Browns don't have anything to do with dogs. The only "Dawgs" are the fans. It isn't a name for the team. It is a name created for the fans because two players in the 80's like to bark like dogs to "inspire" their teamates. Fans started to dress like dogs because of that. Aside from that fan-player relationship, "Dawgs" have absolutely nothing to do with the Browns.

White Dragon
09-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Good

Browns aren't dogs. Browns aren't named after dogs. Browns don't have anything to do with dogs. The only "Dawgs" are the fans. It isn't a name for the team. It is a name created for the fans because two players in the 80's like to bark like dogs to "inspire" their teamates. Fans started to dress like dogs because of that. Aside from that fan-player relationship, "Dawgs" have absolutely nothing to do with the Browns.

This I agree with, which is why I don't like that dawg logo they used for a few years. It'd work as a fan logo or something, but no way should it be used as a logo for the team. That was a horrible decision.

Freestyle
09-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Good

Damn Charlie. A little too serious are we? :laugh: I thought the Jaguars reference was obvious in regards to modern day uniforms basically looking alike. I knew an old school admirer would hate it, that's why I said it. Just a joke.

That said I do like that the Browns are old school. They should stick with it. Hell even Philly's uniforms last weekend looked better.

Charlie Brown
09-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Damn Charlie. A little too serious are we? :laugh: I thought the Jaguars reference was obvious in regards to modern day uniforms basically looking alike. I knew an old school admirer would hate it, that's why I said it. Just a joke.

That said I do like that the Browns are old school. They should stick with it. Hell even Philly's uniforms last weekend looked better.

Oh, sorry, if you want a good reference for me. I suggest you watch "Big Bang Theory". Humor doesn't necessarily work on me - I am similar to the character of Sheldon. Humor usually goes right over my head.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
It would be a shame if they changed the Raiders jerseys, I think they look great. :P

WhoDeyBengals
09-21-2010, 10:02 PM
I can't wait to see your update concept for the Bengals if you get around to it. The traditionalists may not like you messing with their team images but I'm open to some creativity! :beer:

Rollo
11-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I do not like it.

They LOOK new and stylish

The Browns need a Uniform Update