PDA

View Full Version : why I hate nba basketball

swinginhorseman
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
players trying to buy championships buy taking paycuts and forming superteams. What can the nba do to stop this? If melo is gone and nuggets suck I'm done with basketball.

GridironChamp
09-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Solid reason to be done with a team...

We lost our best player, we suck, let me not follow them anymore.

Atwnbroncfan
09-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Melo probably gone. There is a billboard of melo across the street from madison square garden for god sakes.

Broncoholic3233
09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, please stop following then. If you are gonna leave because we may suck without Melo, leave we don't need fans like that.

ebsoria
09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr279/Wylma7/ImpliedFacePalm.jpg

swinginhorseman
09-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Solid reason to be done with a team...

We lost our best player, we suck, let me not follow them anymore.

I'm not done with the team I'm done with the nba. Lets form superteams and buy championships. I hope any team besides these super teams win the championship (doesnt have to be nuggets). Nba is a joke!

chazoe60
09-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I hate the NBA because the officiating is just north of professional wrestling. It is awful.

broncsfan21
09-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm not done with the team I'm done with the nba. Lets form superteams and buy championships. I hope any team besides these super teams win the championship (doesnt have to be nuggets). Nba is a joke!

So its kinda like baseball...

12and4
09-24-2010, 09:13 PM
basketball is too repetitive.... thats why i hate it.

"This time, lets put the ball in the basket by shooting it... ok now lets shoot it in the basket.... LETS DUNK IT..... "

at least in football there is apparent strategy involved...

Amari24
09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
The Nuggets were never my team to begin with so...

Broncoholic JS
09-24-2010, 10:41 PM

"This time, lets put the ball in the basket by shooting it... ok now lets shoot it in the basket.... LETS DUNK IT..... "

I have a feeling that Conan O-Brien is a Broncos fan. He must be writing these one liners!! Love it!!

TheQBGuru
09-24-2010, 10:44 PM

"This time lets try and get the ball in the endzone by running it...ok now lets pass the ball in the endzone..."

EdmcCaff87
09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Awww, Shall we hate The Heat? Hmm? Pat Riley just knows his stuff No need hating.

PhillyBronco24
09-29-2010, 07:31 PM

Yea lets get the ball in the endzone by passing it. Now this time run it! Lol

Im not bashing football at all I love it, but I think your idea on basketball is way off on what it really is. Sure they dont run a play every time up the court, but they have to improvise and beat their man one on one by doing so, if that doesnt taking some thinking I dont know what does.

As for the super team thing yea its what ever. Players do that because they need help to win a ring. I think it is nothing wrong doing it when your in your 13th year and about to retire, but players like bosh wade and bron in their prime doing it is pretty sad. The league is run by money, then again so is everything else.

Axemaster
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Well now Melo is denying he ever said "trade me " in the first place, so this superdeal may be off.

TheQBGuru
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
This thread is basically "I hate NBA basketball because players don't want to play for my team"

It's understandable though.

ParkHill-71
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I love the NBA!!!!!
I dont know what you people see in Melo if he refuses to grow!
If he whines and powts, how does that help build a Championship. I have said this on the nuggets page. He is not a leader, rather a piece of the puzzle. The Nuggets are at fault for not getting a true big man, so what!

Melo is choosing to throw the baby out with the bath water because of his attitude. Im saying this by way of watching him on the court. Some of us fans are tired of it!

Some of us come from an era that which we gave the Lakers a run for their money in their hay day. If not for some injuries we had, who knows.

All is not lost because this player who has not always given this team and its fans 100% wants to leave!

As I have said before, alot of people feel this way, but will not say it out loud! They are done with him. I personaly have no problem with him if he "Wants" to stay, but Im not in the business of keeping people that dont wanna be kept!

Melo can sign that 3 year deal. He wouldnt be in a wheelchair at the end of it, and he will be perfectly capable of being a free agent again. To me it says so much that he wont sign it. So its up to the Nuggets to move him before he walks now.

Simple as that!

DishWater
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Why I find Lebron's comments about race and his "Decision" hilarious? And why I am losing interest every single day in the NBA?

He doesn't understand his own reference nor the simple dimensions of the overly corporate, narcissistic, and self-centered embarrassment that was that special.

Unconventional???? His own way???

Ridiculous.

LSIGRAD09
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Basketball? I hate the sport. I can't find any interest in it. I don't really know why I don't like it, there's just something bad about it.

UrbanBounca
09-30-2010, 04:45 PM
It's a business, and you do what will benefit yourself, including joining another team.

Drunk Bronco
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I hate it because players punk the coaches....and cause it hasn't been the same since MJ left...

Spyder
09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
If you don't like the NBA then the answer is simple; don't watch. The sport isn't exactly hurting for fans anymore.
It's only bound to get bigger now with the interest and love/hate deal with the Heat.

CoryWinget81
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Melo wants to leave because he knows (thinks) he's never gonna beat the Lakers being in the west.

Whatever, just like Jay, if you don't wanna be here, don't let the door hit you on the way out. He's still immature and doesn't know how to be a winner anyway. I HONESTLY believe we're much better off without him. Maybe not in the short term, but definitely in the long term.

PhillyBronco24
09-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Melo wants to leave because he knows (thinks) he's never gonna beat the Lakers being in the west.

Whatever, just like Jay, if you don't wanna be here, don't let the door hit you on the way out. He's still immature and doesn't know how to be a winner anyway. I HONESTLY believe we're much better off without him. Maybe not in the short term, but definitely in the long term.

I agreed with everything you said until you said he doesnt know how to be a winner. The guy took syracuse to the chip. And I dont really see how you could be better without melo. Thats like saying the cavs are better with bron or the lakers would still could win the three peat without kobe.

CoryWinget81
09-30-2010, 06:10 PM
I agreed with everything you said until you said he doesnt know how to be a winner. The guy took syracuse to the chip. And I dont really see how you could be better without melo. Thats like saying the cavs are better with bron or the lakers would still could win the three peat without kobe.

We are better without him if he doesn't want to be there. Think he's gonna play 100% if he doesn't want to be here? (SEE: Lebron in the playoffs last year)

I highly doubt it.

He had a great coach that knew exactly how to coach the team around Melo at the Cuse. It's not like they had a horrible team outside of him either.

(I'm still mad at him for beating my Longhorns. :mad:)

Bronco_Armada
09-30-2010, 08:24 PM
College is way better than pro basketball.

Do enjoy the BA, but the way it is run is a joke.

Like baseball.

NFL and NHL has its flaws. But they "get it".

TheQBGuru
09-30-2010, 08:28 PM
College basketball is terrible. It's just a bunch of dumb kids running at the hoop at 100mph, getting raped by a defender on an obvious foul (never called) and then kicking it out to the less athletic white kid for a 3 pointer, which he misses terribly.

UrbanBounca
09-30-2010, 09:57 PM
College basketball is terrible. It's just a bunch of dumb kids running at the hoop at 100mph, getting raped by a defender on an obvious foul (never called) and then kicking it out to the less athletic white kid for a 3 pointer, which he misses terribly.

I'm convinced you disagree with everything simply to start an argument. First, it was the COD thread, now it's this one. I could go on all day finding your posts that are nothing more than an attempt to get a negative reaction.

RealBronco
10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
players trying to buy championships buy taking paycuts and forming superteams. What can the nba do to stop this? If melo is gone and nuggets suck I'm done with basketball.

i don't think this is any different than say Plummer or Elway taking pay cuts in order to keep certain other players on the team.

professional sports as a whole does this. basketball, baseball, football. doesn't really matter. maybe the NBA is more open and obvious about it because we saw it with Kobe and Shaq on the same team etc. but it's all the same concept.

and if you're not trying to build a championship team then what are you even doing playing the sport?

"This time lets try and get the ball in the endzone by running it...ok now lets pass the ball in the endzone..."

kinda like i said above... obviously every sports' endgame is to score more than the opposing team (or less if you play golf).

but getting the football in the endzone is a lot more complicated than getting a basketball in the hoop. there seems to be no strategy in basketball. they go back and forth and score almost every time. "plays" in basketball is a joke.

5 on 5 and they try to draw up inventive plays. lol. it's man on man no matter how you spin it.

scoring in football definitely requires more strategy than just running and passing. not seemingly so with basketball.

maybe you should just watch a better college team lol.

i would say college sports in general are better than pros because those kids don't get paid big money to play the sport and they don't act like children if they don't get to play or if they don't get the ball thrown at them etc.

they play from the heart because they want to play the game and win a championship for their school. obviously a lot of them have pro aspirations but they have to prove they can get there first.

but... basketball is stupid anyway so. Melo can go wherever he wants.

UrbanBounca
10-01-2010, 05:39 AM
As they've always said; professionals play for the name on the back of their jersey, while college players play for the name on the front.

TheQBGuru
10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm convinced you disagree with everything simply to start an argument. First, it was the COD thread, now it's this one. I could go on all day finding your posts that are nothing more than an attempt to get a negative reaction.

No, I disagree with you because college basketball is bad.

Spice 1
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
As they've always said; professionals play for the name on the back of their jersey, while college players play for the name on the front.

Pretty much said it all right there.