PDA

View Full Version : Cargo4mvp

Broncoholic3233
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Title says it all. I am a huge Carlos Gonzalez fan, have been since he played his first game in right field last year. Bought his jersey the day after, and wow has he turned into a super star.

Anyways, CARGO4MVP! It will be a shame if he loses it, just like he didn't get an All Star appearance.

Broncos724
09-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry, not gonna happen. You don't have to look any further than CarGo's home/away splits.

Joey Votto is the NL league leader in almost every major sabermetric statistic, including arguably the most important one, OPS. He's playing gold glove-caliber defense. And he's leading the Reds to their first division championship since 1995. The only way CarGo has a chance is if he more or less maintains his numbers, and the Rockies swoop in and steal the NL West.

BroncoFanBoy
09-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Sorry, not gonna happen. You don't have to look any further than CarGo's home/away splits.

Joey Votto is the NL league leader in almost every major sabermetric statistic, including arguably the most important one, OPS. He's playing gold glove-caliber defense. And he's leading the Reds to their first division championship since 1995. The only way CarGo has a chance is if he more or less maintains his numbers, and the Rockies swoop in and steal the NL West.

Cargo and Tulowitzki are leading the rockies to their first ever NL West title. We've been playing really good recently and we're only a game back from the padres in the NL West. Let's take a look at the stats real quick:

Batting average:
Gonzalez: .341
Votto: .321
Home runs:
Votto: 34
Gonzalez: 32
RBI's:
Gonzalez: 106
Votto: 104

They're almost even players. It's not just Votto leading the Reds this season. The Reds are a great team. they have the best hitting in the NL (one ahead of us lol) and they have good pitching.

Votto might win it, but don't say Cargo doesn't have a shot

chazoe60
09-18-2010, 11:43 PM
If you fault Cargo for playing at Coors thenyou have to equally give props to Ubaldo for his pitching there so Ubaldo for the Cy Young.

Oh and, Go Rockies. Taco time tomorrow baby.

Atwnbroncfan
09-18-2010, 11:44 PM

Homer analysis right there. Both are good players. Its between Pujlos, Votto, and Cargo.

Cargo leads the league in Total bases, extra base hits, average, 2nd in RBI, 4th in Home Runs First in Slugging Percentage, 3rd in OPS, Has 23 stolen bases. Plays stellar defense. And had to carry his team when no one was hitting, and when Tulo was out.

Cargo may not win, but Votto is no lock.

Ryan_Nys
09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
If you fault Cargo for playing at Coors thenyou have to equally give props to Ubaldo for his pitching there so Ubaldo for the Cy Young.

THIS! I am so tired of hearing about CarGo's home/away splits. If he is not voted for because of this bs, then Ubaldo should win the Cy Young hands down.

Does anyone see Tulo as a darkhorse for MVP? Or did he miss too much time? How much does having both CarGo and Tulo hurt each others chances?

Broncos724
09-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Homer analysis right there. Both are good players. Its between Pujlos, Votto, and Cargo.

Cargo leads the league in Total bases, extra base hits, average, 2nd in RBI, 4th in Home Runs First in Slugging Percentage, 3rd in OPS, Has 23 stolen bases. Plays stellar defense. And had to carry his team when no one was hitting, and when Tulo was out.

Cargo may not win, but Votto is no lock.Pujols is definitely out, the Cardinals are barely above .500 and not in the running for the playoffs. I think for Cargo to have a chance, the Rockies need to win the NL West, which is a very realistic possibility. But still, the home/away splits will hurt his chances.

Southstander
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM
He has had a great year, but since I do not follow the Senior Circut, I cannot state educatedly if he will win the NL MVP.

Broncoholic3233
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
It looks like Tulo now is in the MVP race. Either Cargo or Tulo for MVP? Hell ya, fine by me.

Ubaldo for CY young for anyone who is going to use the "Coors effect" and anyways Ubaldo for CY young ;)

MUST WIN TONIGHT!! LETS GO ROX!!

WhoDeyBengals
09-21-2010, 07:22 PM
It'll be Votto for MVP and Halliday for Cy Young.

Book it. Done. :rockon:

Broncoholic3233
09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
It'll be Votto for MVP and Halliday for Cy Young.

Book it. Done. :rockon:

I don't know what a Halliday is but no...he won't.

Plus, ONLY way Votto wins MVP is if Rox miss playoffs, and watching tonights game...that is looking like a good possibility. :ugh:

WhoDeyBengals
09-21-2010, 10:18 PM

Plus, ONLY way Votto wins MVP is if Rox miss playoffs, and watching tonights game...that is looking like a good possibility. :ugh:

H-A-L-L-A-D-A-Y.

Yeah, oops.

But he's the first 20-game winner in the NL. That's got to count for something. :D

As for Votto, he's got the hype on his side, as well as the playoff run almost in the bag. Good luck to your Rox, but the home/away splits will kill Cargo's chances in the voters' eyes.

Broncoholic3233
09-21-2010, 10:26 PM
H-A-L-L-A-D-A-Y.

Yeah, oops.

But he's the first 20-game winner in the NL. That's got to count for something. :D

As for Votto, he's got the hype on his side, as well as the playoff run almost in the bag. Good luck to your Rox, but the home/away splits will kill Cargo's chances in the voters' eyes.

Yeah, I agree with Halladay playing for a team that actually gets noticed, he will more than likely win it. :sad:

As will Votto more than likely :sad: - however I really think CARGO deserves it over him trying to be as unbiased as possible. The coors effect will probably hurt him, but then you GOTTA like take off 1 ERA on Ubaldo seeing as though it is a disadvantage too him, and he would then win the CY young award easily.

Rockies get screwed by the media, as do most Denver sports, have come to expect it. :(

Broncos724
09-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Plus, ONLY way Votto wins MVP is if Rox miss playoffs, and watching tonights game...that is looking like a good possibility. :ugh:Halladay is a 20 game winner on the best team in the league, he is going to be Cy Young.

Unless his numbers completely drop off in the last 2 weeks, Votto will be the NL MVP.

Broncoholic3233
09-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Halladay is a 20 game winner on the best team in the league, he is going to be Cy Young.

Unless his numbers completely drop off in the last 2 weeks, Votto will be the NL MVP.

Alright. Well Ubaldo more than likely is going to be a 20 game winner, playing half of his games in Coors....pretty sure that deserves it more....

jcdavey
09-21-2010, 10:46 PM
votto's going to take it

tulo has just about ended cargo's chances

Broncoholic3233
09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
votto's going to take it

tulo has just about ended cargo's chances

Unfortunately it appears that way, really to bad for CARGO, but he has also been playing hurt so his HR's have gone down. Oh well, as long as Tulo stays hot, but that loss tonight hurt us badly. :sad:

Broncos724
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Alright. Well Ubaldo more than likely is going to be a 20 game winner, playing half of his games in Coors....pretty sure that deserves it more....I just looked at their stats....pretty comparable actually. My feeling is if the Rockies win the NL West then Ubaldo should get the Cy Young; otherwise it'd be Halladay's award.