PDA

View Full Version : Josh's Toughest Test

pikman
09-22-2010, 06:45 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with the McKinley family. This is a tragedy indeed and definitely puts football in its rightful place on the priority list.

I do wonder now how Josh will handle the entire situation. He is a relatively young man, a young head coach, thrust into a very, very difficult situation. Love Josh or hate him, one has to wonder how this impacts him from a head coaching perspective.

He is the leader, the team looks to the head coach for stability and guidance. From a football standpoint Josh is equipped to handle these things. From a life standpoint this will truly be a test for Josh. How does he handle the players emotions, their obvious questions, as well as try and focus them on a gameplan and execution on the field?

Anybody who makes their living working in the NFL knows that it is all about winning, but given the circumstances people can suddenly find themselves re-evaluating everything they thought they knew. It will be interesting to see how our young head coach grows from this experience and how it may impact the way he deals with the adversity he faces on the football field.

RIP Kenny McKinley :salute:

CanDB
09-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Josh is a passionate, intelligent leader, and these things will carry him through this extremely difficult situation. I love that he shows his emotions, and that was witnessed once again, during his press conference. This man loves people. You can tell, he especially loves his team. And in this case, I feel like Josh is shattered inside, losing one of his young men. But I also believe the players, who are very much impacted by the loss of their young mate, will rally together under Josh, partly because of his enthusiasm for life and passion. I can imagine that they were glued together when they first met to deal with the tragedy. I believe their bond is even stronger now.

I am sure Josh has had to deal with terrible situations to this point in his life (although this is very similar to losing a family member in many respects), and based on his credentials, leadership, passion and understanding, he should do well.......if that's even an apt and appropriate description for the circumstance that the organization is trying to manage....and for that matter, understand. There will be counseling I am sure. I also believe our players are mature enough to help one another get through this. It's been discussed many times, but we do have a lot of mentors and seasoned vets, whose support and understanding will be extremely beneficial to those who are crushed by Kenny's loss.

You never really get over these things......you just try to minimize the pain and hopefully (someday) accept the consequences. And sadly in this case, I am sure that many of our folks are angonizing over what they could have done to have made a difference......although probably never knowing the depth of the issue.

Bless you Kenny.....

BroncoManiac_69
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I am sure Josh has had to deal with terrible situations to this point in his life (although this is very similar to losing a family member in many respects), and based on his credentials, leadership, passion and understanding, he should do well.......

That right there says it all.

He even commented about that in the conference and how all people whether an NFL player or not go through things in our lives.

I believe it will make coach even stronger as a person as he is our team leader and the guys will depend and lean on him for support. Juggling the emotions and maintaining the "coach" role keeping these guys focused as best as possible especially this week.

It's a lot to deal with no doubt and even he himself said it will be a tough week during preparations for the game.

This man has done nothing but impress me from the start and I have complete faith that he will do just fine given the circumstances.