PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Melo

BluenOrnge4Life
09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
One thing that is clear in all of this is that Melo doesn't want to be here, and he doesn't care about winning championships. If he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here either. I just hope we can get maximum value for him.

Who knows, maybe if we play our cards right we can get the next Kevin Durant out of the draft, either next year or the following year.

The worst part about this whole thing is that he wouldn't even meet with the Nuggets to discuss any of this, when all they've done is put up with his b.s. over the years and offer him a very generous contract extension.

He will be gone soon...

Axemaster
09-22-2010, 12:07 PM
One thing that is clear in all of this is that Melo doesn't want to be here, and he doesn't care about winning championships. If he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here either. I just hope we can get maximum value for him.

Who knows, maybe if we play our cards right we can get the next Kevin Durant out of the draft, either next year or the following year.

The worst part about this whole thing is that he wouldn't even meet with the Nuggets to discuss any of this, when all they've done is put up with his b.s. over the years and offer him a very generous contract extension.

He will be gone soon...

See what happens when LEBRON started all this, the floodgates are gonna open now!

They really haven't won anything with him anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Knowing this Nugget franchise, and their terrible history of bad personnell moves, it doesn't bode well as far as getting something in return.

TheQBGuru
09-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Melo was going to leave regardless of Lebron.

Cahill
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I hope the Knicks can get a third team involved and get Melo this year. Otherwise I think he will either play out his contract with you guys or another team and then go to the Knicks in the offseason. I think it's apparent from what I have heard that he will only resign with the Knicks or the Bulls long term if he gets traded.

Spyder
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Carmelo is a nice player but I still stand by my original comments on the guy made like 3-4 years ago. He'll never win a Championship because not only is he insanely selfish on the basketball court, he's insanely selfish off of it which is bluntly obvious by this entire soap opera going on in Denver right now. He'll have a nice career somewhere, but I still predict no rings.

He deserves some of the credit for helping turn the Nuggets around, but then again a lot of things changed around the time he was brought in, new management, new ownership etc etc. Carmelo wasn't the lone reason the Nuggets were much better this decade than the previous one. The sad thing is, he still only managed to get out of the 1st RND only once, right? If I'm not mistaken they got out one time in the 90's [the 1-8 upset of Seattle in '94] and that's not very good for a guy a LOT of people put in the top 10 players in the NBA.

If the Nuggets play their cards right and a few things fall into place, they could be a better team 2-3 years down the road than they were for 6-7 years of slightly better than average basketball with Carmelo.

Amari24
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Looks like the Nuggets want Favors and a draft pick for Melo.

The Experience
09-23-2010, 02:08 PM
In all honesty, I think this is all LaLa's doing. SHe likes the big city and wants to live there and not Denver.

I think Melo is content in Denver, LaLa is not. Anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows who wins this battle....