PDA

View Full Version : 2010 MLB Playoffs Thread.

Southstander
09-25-2010, 04:37 PM
So far the Twins and Rangers have punched their tickets. On a side note both teams where once the Washington Senators.

jcdavey
09-25-2010, 04:54 PM
the yankees making a push for the wildcard seems smart on their part, as they'd draw the twins instead of the rangers

they've historically owned minnesota, while it seems texas has been a thorn for them this year

armedequation
09-25-2010, 05:01 PM
the yankees making a push for the wildcard seems smart on their part, as they'd draw the twins instead of the rangers

they've historically owned minnesota, while it seems texas has been a thorn for them this year

yeah but everyone has owned the twins in the postseason lately.......

jcdavey
09-25-2010, 05:16 PM

true.......

Southstander
09-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Philly is in.

Cahill
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM

But the Yanks own them all the time, not just the postseason. I remember the Twins getting owned when I was a young child. One of my most vivid memories of the Yankees as a kid goes back to 1998 when David Wells pitched a perfect game against Minnesota. They've been owned for a long time now.

Broncos724
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Reds are 1 win or 1 Cardinals loss from punching their postseason ticket!

Broncoholic JS
09-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Goodbye Rocktober, see you in 2011! I hope!!

GO ROCKIES IN 2011!!

#1snake_fan
09-27-2010, 08:37 AM
so long Soxtober if we would have swept the Yankees this weekend we could have done it ... oh wait

No we couldn't

were the only team that was out of it in May

Way to go THEO !!!

Southstander
09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
snake you keep showing how little you truly know about the baseball.

BroncoFanBoy
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Since the Rockies have little chance of making the playoffs, here's the team im rooting for in the playoffs: (im assuming they make it)

http://thequickanddirtydirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/atlanta-braves-logo.jpg

I want to see Bobby Cox retire after winning a world series.

armedequation
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Since the Rockies have little chance of making the playoffs, here's the team im rooting for in the playoffs: (im assuming they make it)

http://thequickanddirtydirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/atlanta-braves-logo.jpg

I want to see Bobby Cox retire after winning a world series.

i agree with rooting for cox in the NL. I still have to root for the twins in the AL though. I still remember watching the twins win their last world series...

armedequation
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
But the Yanks own them all the time, not just the postseason. I remember the Twins getting owned when I was a young child. One of my most vivid memories of the Yankees as a kid goes back to 1998 when David Wells pitched a perfect game against Minnesota. They've been owned for a long time now.

lol I was just remembering the homer hankies being waved about.....

I dont see the twins bowing out of the playoffs this year like they have in the past. Even still, i would more comfortable if they had nathan going in...

BroncoFanBoy
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
i agree with rooting for cox in the NL. I still have to root for the twins in the AL though. I still remember watching the twins win their last world series...

if not the braves, i want to see the reds win the world series.

in the AL, im pulling for any team except the yankees lol

but the team i mostly want to see win in the AL is the rays

#1snake_fan
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
if not the braves, i want to see the reds win the world series.

in the AL, im pulling for any team except the yankees lol

but the team i mostly want to see win in the AL is the rays

Why because you're a band waggon jumper like everyone else ? The Rays have sucked for over twelve years and then they start to get good and everyone loves them. Bull I remeber the DEVILRAYS from a long long time ago like 2007 then they change their name to The Rays and now their some amazing team ?

again I say Bull

They finished 30 games back in 07 dead last. Selig tried to help them beat the Phillies if you don't believe me then why did he wait until The Rays scored before he suspended the game if he was going to ... EXACTLY

I'm rooting for the Reds and the Rangers I wouldn't mind seeing the Twins go to the Series cause I like Mauer but I really like the Rangers. I wouldn't be upset if the Braves won though

Southstander
09-27-2010, 05:33 PM
You are truly hopeless.

Southstander
09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Philly wins the NL East.

BroncoFanBoy
09-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Why because you're a band waggon jumper like everyone else ? The Rays have sucked for over twelve years and then they start to get good and everyone loves them. Bull I remeber the DEVILRAYS from a long long time ago like 2007 then they change their name to The Rays and now their some amazing team ?

again I say Bull

They finished 30 games back in 07 dead last. Selig tried to help them beat the Phillies if you don't believe me then why did he wait until The Rays scored before he suspended the game if he was going to ... EXACTLY

I'm rooting for the Reds and the Rangers I wouldn't mind seeing the Twins go to the Series cause I like Mauer but I really like the Rangers. I wouldn't be upset if the Braves won though

sorry dude im a rockies fan. not a rays fan. I live in denver. i support the home town teams. including our bevloved denver broncos. but since the rockies probably won't make the playoffs, im just gonna root for the rays and braves in the playoffs. it's just what i wanna see.

btw be glad im not a moderator.

Southstander
09-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Reds clinch the NL Central. Rays and Yankees are also in.

Broncos724
09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Reds clinch the NL Central. Rays and Yankees are also in.In dramatic fashion I might add :salute:

Southstander
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Giants win the NL West, Braves get the WC in Manager Bobby Cox's last season.

ERoyal248
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
In what was a dramatic weekend, the Braves get in.

Once you get in, anything can happen.

BroncoFanBoy
10-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Let's have a good postseason everyone (that's favorite MLB team made the playoffs)

Go Braves in the playoffs! Giants ain't winning. their hitting sucks. the braves have a great pitching staff.

Braves in 4
Phillies in 4

Rays in 5
Yankees in 3

Southstander
10-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Rangers have an early 1 - 0 lead in the 2nd.

chazoe60
10-06-2010, 11:34 AM
No offense KB, but in the AL I wouldn't mind seeing any of those teams other than the Yankees make it. I am not a Yankee hater or anything but I would like to see someone else that's all.

I have always admired Nolan Ryan, especially when he made Robin Ventura his biotech.:laugh: So the Rangers would be cool. And Hamilton is a cool story.

The Rays don't have fans of their own so they might as well pick up some stragglers whose team didn't make the postseason.

The Twins are cool because I like Mauer a lot. Very good guy and I like that he stuck with his home town team for less money, granted he still makes as much as the GNP of a lot of smaller countries, but the point still stands. Minnesota seems like a pretty good group of guys to root for.

Pretty much any of those teams would be a good story to see win it.

As far as the NL goes I only want to see the Reds in it.

I despise anything having anything to do with those hypocritical whining sissies called the Giants, so eff them. The Giants, the team of Barry Bonds, accusing anyone of cheating is classic. Shut your pie hole and cut your hair you little hippy Lincecum.

The Braves have always annoyed me, although Cox going out on top would be deserving and some measure of coolness to it. Chipper Jones is a fool and that overrides any fondness for Bobby.

The Phillies wouldn't be horrible because of Halliday. It would be cool to see the Colorado native come through in the Playoffs. But, still they just won one and I would like to see someone else.

Which leads me to the Reds. I like the Reds because of Cinci seems like a good baseball town and they seem to have pretty good fans. They also seem to be flying under the radar more than any other team in the Postseason, so maybe they have a little bit of underdog feel to them as well. Plus, I'd be happy for WhoDey. Go Reds!

Southstander
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Rangers are up 2 - 0 top of the 4th.

ERoyal248
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Rangers up 6-0, Top 5th.

Southstander
10-07-2010, 09:33 PM
With the Rangers and Yanks taking a two to nothing series lead with the game heading to their respective home diamonds it looks as if the ALCS will be the Yellow Rose of Texas vs The Big Apple in the ALCS.

#1snake_fan
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I like where the Rays are whining and crying about Michael Young's "checked swing" then Home Run ...

Ok lets say he went around ( I don't think he did ) so he's out end of the inning they still beat Tampa Bay 6 - 0 so if Young didn't hit the homer they beat you 3 - 0 and you still only got two hits off C.J. Wilson who's a good young pitcher but he isn't Cliff Lee at least David Price hasn't pitched ... oh wait yeah he got ROCKED in game 1 :laugh:

Hey Tampa ... Tick Tock it's almost over and not just for this season but for a long long time cause Pena's gone , Crawford's gone , Upton will be gone soon and then it's just Longoria :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Man I'm glad you for real ::laugh:

#1snake_fan
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
ok lets say that Young did go around and that he should've been out Tampa still lost 6-0 but if young would have been out it would have been 3 -0 cause his home run made it 5-0 and they scored again so lets say 3-0.

Tampa you still have to score to win the Umpires have nothing to do with your offense you do so stop crying.

Second look at the 2009 playoffs the umpires were terrible in almost everygame several in the Boston Vs. Los Angeles series and in 2008 in the ALCS when it was Boston Vs. Tampa

J.D. Drew was at the plate with the bases loaded and a three two count the umpire called what was clearly ball four strike three and ended the inning. and later changed the call when J.D. Drew should have been called out he called ball four and Jed Lowrie grounded out to end the game and Tampa Bay won 3 -1

did the umps cost Boston the game ? NO Boston cost themselves the game cause Dustin Pedroia's solo homer was the only point they scored. Was there bad calls Hell yeah but big deal it's part of the game

Southstander
10-08-2010, 10:30 AM
For once I agree with you snake. I hate when people blame Umps and refs for losses.

#1snake_fan
10-08-2010, 10:37 AM
i just watched some high lights of the game because I missed it but to me Tampa looked completely overmatched in both games 1 & 2 and now they have to go to Texas and win 3 before Texas wins 1 ? don't think so ( i know they play two in texas and head beck to Tampa )

And like I said in my other posts THEY still got SHUT OUT and they blame the umps ? what a bunch of whiney ass kids. And watch the video you can see James Shields screaming words i can't say online but you can clearly make out him saying "Unbelievible"

James it's your fault if you pitched better your team wouldn't have been in that position in the first place and you wouldn't have been on the bench. But ou didn't and they were and you were and your OVERRATED team is about to be eliminated once and for all.

Like I said not just from this season but for a long long time SO LONG

Bronco51
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I won't blame the umps either, but when calls are so blatantly bad and everyone on tv can see them, there is going to be an outcry. Berkman was obviously out, he even admitted that the ump was letting the inside stuff go and calling things outside, so he knew he could lay off obvious inside strikes. Posey said he was glad there isn't instant replay because he was out at second. The check swing I will let go because that is too hard to tell even with replay. The Rays were just frustrated because they forgot how to hit all of a sudden and need something to rally around.

But, there have been some awful calls and something needs to be done. Selig would be an even bigger fool if he does his usual " Nothing to see here" routine. If those calls were in a game seven of the World Series, God forbid what would be going on right now. The right call needs to be made, no matter what they use to get it.

Southstander
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Braves even the Series 1 - 1.

chazoe60
10-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes, Go Braves. For this series anyway. Bite me Giants.

100%Broncoholic
10-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Yes, Go Braves. For this series anyway. Bite me Giants.

That's Right Chaz, we must have the Phillies!!!
http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00143/c4s_phillies100710a_143623c.jpg

Bronco51
10-09-2010, 08:49 PM
The Twins must absolutely despise Frank Sinatra after all these years.

Southstander
10-09-2010, 08:51 PM
The Yanks punch their ticket to ALCS while the Rays live to fight another day.

Southstander
10-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Rays have forced a deciding game five.

Bronco51
10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
H2O shutting down the best offense in the league! On to the next one.

Southstander
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
We are halfway to a WS rematch.

Bronco51
10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Phillies and Giants. Should be a good pitching series.

Southstander
10-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I think Doc has the edge.

Bronco51
10-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Cliff Lee is a MAN!!!!!! It is great to see everyone's aces giving masterful performances.

Southstander
10-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Yanks v Rangers....this should be good.

#1snake_fan
10-13-2010, 08:46 AM
TAMPA .... WHO ???

Sorry couldn't hear you over the ....

Wait I don't hear any Cowbells

Back to the basement where you belong :thumb:

DevilSpawn
10-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Tampa's going buh buy. But the Orioles will be a major thorn if they do smart offseason workings.

Yanks in 6. :peace:

Phillies in 5 :(

#1snake_fan
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree about Baltimore and Tampa Bay they are going to loose .25 % of their pay roll which pretty much means they'll loose Crawford and Pena (.195 average this year) and their closer Soriano then Upton will leave and so will Longoria and then Price so like I said last night...

Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na

HEY HEY HEY

GOODBYE !!!

not just this season either but for a long long time

#1snake_fan
10-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I Think your wrong about New York in 6 though ...

starting Burnett is a terrible Idea and you know it so I say

Texas in 7 (Kinsler ALCS M.V.P.)

Philadelphia in 5 ( over SF- Halladay NLCS M.V.P.)

Philadelphia in 4 ( over Texas- Utley World Series M.V.P. )

Southstander
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I have a lot respect for the way the Rangers and Hamilton handeled the celebration.

#1snake_fan
10-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah that was pretty sweet

He's such a good story I really want him to Win but I highly doubt they'll beat H2O and the Phillies but I hope they will

Southstander
10-18-2010, 07:53 PM
If the Rangers pen did not burn down a 5 -1 lead this series would have a totaly different tone right now.

chazoe60
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
The Rangers are having an okay 9th inning huh? :laugh:

ERoyal248
10-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Cliff Lee does it again, amazing.

Best big game pitcher in baseball by far.

Bronco51
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Did I just hear that this was the first post season home shutout in Yankees History? WOW!!!!!!!

Nevermind......it was the worst shutout home loss in Yankee history.

Amari24
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Cliff Lee own's New York, simple as that.

BroncoFanBoy
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Cliff Lee own's New York, simple as that.

he owns october

CTM
10-18-2010, 09:16 PM
he owns october

Seriously, has there ever been a pitcher this dominant in the postseason?

7-0 in 8 starts with like a 1 something ERA?

I know he has a little ways to go before he can be considered the best post season pitcher ever but he's certainly moving in that direction.

It probably helps him being the consistantly available ace at the trade deadline so he manages to be on a contender in October, but still he's been lights out when it counts.

chazoe60
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM

I know he has a little ways to go before he can be considered the best post season pitcher ever but he's certainly moving in that direction.

It probably helps him being the consistantly available ace at the trade deadline so he manages to be on a contender in October, but still he's been lights out when it counts.

Two guys instantly came to mind, but I am no baseball historian, it was just knee jerk reactions I had. Those two guys are Curt Schilling and Josh Beckett.

I guess even though he's not a starter you gotta throw Mariano Rivera in that discussion.

Bronco51
10-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Cliff threw 122 pitches last night. I am willing to bet he earned 1 million dollars and some change per pitch with that performance.

#1snake_fan
10-19-2010, 07:47 AM
It may have been the worst shut out but not the First ... a 22 year old Kid named Josh Beckett in game six of the 2003 Wold Series a complete game two hit shut out on four days rest :salute:

And I agree about Schilling , Beckett and Rivera

no one wants to see MO in the regular season in October its that much worse ... how Boston got to him two straight is beyond me (04)

It seems fitting that the best closers have the best enterance songs

Hoffman - Hells Bells

Rivera - Enter Sandman - very fitting cause when he comes in its usally night night

Papelbon - Shipping off to Boston , Bodies - both seem to fit

DevilSpawn
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Orlando Hernandez won his first 7 and finished with a 9-3 record with an ERA in the mid 2s. His first 4 or 5 games were dominant. Cliff Lee though has been more so.

Amari24
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I would get a Cliff Lee jersey but I don't think he's going to be here next season :sad:..

GridironChamp
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
:laugh:

It's gonna be fun to watch Cliff Lee kill his future team's hope in a game 7!!

DevilSpawn
10-19-2010, 08:49 PM
:laugh:

It's gonna be fun to watch Cliff Lee kill his future team's hope in a game 7!!
Nope, won't come to that. :sad:

BroncoFanBoy
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Can anyone imagine if the Cubs had Cliff lee? :laugh:

i say the rockies offer lee a huge contract!

whoever gets lee this offseason will be my pick to win the world series in 2011

HurricaneDovs
10-19-2010, 10:09 PM
can anyone imagine if the cubs had cliff lee? :laugh:i say the rockies offer lee a huge contract!

Whoever gets lee this offseason will be my pick to win the world series in 2011

yes please!!!

ERoyal248
10-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Can anyone imagine if the Cubs had Cliff lee? :laugh:

i say the rockies offer lee a huge contract!

whoever gets lee this offseason will be my pick to win the world series in 2011

Probably the Yankees.

If it happens, i don't see anyone beating the Yankees next year.

Lee, CC, Pettitte, Hughes/AJ in a 7 game series with that Rivera guy closing games, good freaking luck.

#1snake_fan
10-20-2010, 08:20 AM
why dose everyone assume he's going to New York ?

He could stay in Texas if they win it all this year and right now they have a hell of a lot better chance then New York. Tex is done for the post season and A-Roid is back to sucking (way to get rid of those steroid rumors) awesome one october a year later crap again.

Didn't I say Texas had the better line up ? ... Yeah I believe I did and Texas has outscored New York 30 - 11 in a four game series to this point but yeah all you Yankees fans are right YOU DO HAVE BETTER PITCHING :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh and to everyone who says "Well they have CC going to tonight..." yeah he was awesome in Game 1 laugh:

A game that if Texas's bullpen didn't blow up they would have Won and the Series would be over

Last year $423,000,000 won the World Series

This Year getting the crap kicked out of them by a team that is BANKRUPT ... Priceless

#1snake_fan
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM
oh yeah there is also a team called the BOSTON REDSOX that would want Cliff so don't assume he wants to go to New York ... I think he enjoys kicking their ass every year in October too much to go there

DevilSpawn
10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
oh yeah there is also a team called the BOSTON REDSOX that would want Cliff so don't assume he wants to go to New York ... I think he enjoys kicking their ass every year in October too much to go there
If he's on the Red Sox, he'll have to make the playoffs first.

#1snake_fan
10-20-2010, 08:55 AM
well since the Rays are DEAD ... and never coming back then Boston will have no problem making the playoffs and being a fan of a team that it took ten years to win another ring with the line up and pitching the Yankees had I'm pretty sure they didn't make the playoffs in 2008 and if Boston was healthy this year they probably wouldn't have this year either.

You make it sound like the Red Sox never make it when we've only missed twice 2006 , 2010 in the last decade ... I would rather not make the playoffs then have every single Sports Network , site , chat room talk about how many times "My Team" choked aganist teams we should crush unlike you

2001 - Ariona (LOST World Series)

2003 - Florida (LOST World Series)

2004 - Boston Red Sox ( LOST ALCS 4-3 after leading 3-0)

2005 - Aniheim (LOST ALDS)

2006 - Detroit (LOST ALDS) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

2007 - Cleveland (LOST ALDS)

2008 - A whole lot of nothin goin on

2009 - Finally win the World Series again

After having Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, Posada, MO, Petit, Clemens ETC all on your team for over ... Well Jeter , Mo, Posada (whole careers) and Petit not to mention A-Rod since 2004 and same with Matsui

there is no reason why the Yankees have only won one World Series this deacade

How many has Boston won this decade ? .... Oh yeah 2 in a span of four years

DevilSpawn
10-20-2010, 08:56 AM

He could stay in Texas if they win it all this year and right now they have a hell of a lot better chance then New York. Tex is done for the post season and A-Roid is back to sucking (way to get rid of those steroid rumors) awesome one october a year later crap again.

Didn't I say Texas had the better line up ? ... Yeah I believe I did and Texas has outscored New York 30 - 11 in a four game series to this point but yeah all you Yankees fans are right YOU DO HAVE BETTER PITCHING

Oh and to everyone who says "Well they have CC going to tonight..." yeah he was awesome in Game 1 laugh:

A game that if Texas's bullpen didn't blow up they would have Won and the Series would be over

This Year getting the crap kicked out of them by a team that is BANKRUPT ... Priceless
Heeey, look who it is.

By the way, why are you mentioning salary? :confused: The Red Sox had the second highest salary in baseball and couldn't even get a wild card.

And why are you talking about probable sweeps? :confused: The last time Boston was in the playoffs, they weren't probably swept... they were swept. I don't think I've ever seen the Yankees swept. Oh wait, I was 10.

The Yanks may lose today. They may not get Cliff Lee. But they'll tweak their roster and compete next year with Tampa and maaaaaybe Baltimore and Toronto. And... no that's it.

DevilSpawn
10-20-2010, 09:05 AM
well since the Rays are DEAD ... and never coming back then Boston will have no problem making the playoffs and being a fan of a team that it took ten years to win another ring with the line up and pitching the Yankees had I'm pretty sure they didn't make the playoffs in 2008 and if Boston was healthy this year they probably wouldn't have this year either.

You make it sound like the Red Sox never make it when we've only missed twice 2006 , 2010 in the last decade ... I would rather not make the playoffs then have every single Sports Network , site , chat room talk about how many times "My Team" choked aganist teams we should crush unlike you

2001 - Ariona (LOST World Series)

2003 - Florida (LOST World Series)

2004 - Boston Red Sox ( LOST ALCS 4-3 after leading 3-0)

2005 - Aniheim (LOST ALDS)

2006 - Detroit (LOST ALDS) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

2007 - Cleveland (LOST ALDS)

2008 - A whole lot of nothin goin on

2009 - Finally win the World Series again

After having Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, Posada, MO, Petit, Clemens ETC all on your team for over ... Well Jeter , Mo, Posada (whole careers) and Petit not to mention A-Rod since 2004 and same with Matsui

there is no reason why the Yankees have only won one World Series this deacade

How many has Boston won this decade ? .... Oh yeah 2 in a span of four years
lol 2 in a four year span? That's cute. :laugh:

A Yankees fan says congrats, enjoy the memories because that was ages ago. Sounds like you're still at the parade with your Big Papi jersey. Do you still wear your Big Papi jersey? I think you still don your Big Papi jersey while rooting against the Yanks instead of for the Red Sox.

2 in a four year span. That's cute. :laugh:

I'm still trying to find out how Boston didn't make the post season this year with the second highest payroll. Look like you need Lee more than us. Can you explain?

DevilSpawn
10-20-2010, 09:12 AM
I would rather not make the playoffs...
Achievement Unlocked.

#1snake_fan
10-20-2010, 10:16 AM
lol 2 in a four year span? That's cute. :laugh:

A Yankees fan says congrats, enjoy the memories because that was ages ago. Sounds like you're still at the parade with your Big Papi jersey. Do you still wear your Big Papi jersey? I think you still don your Big Papi jersey while rooting against the Yanks instead of for the Red Sox.

2 in a four year span. That's cute. :laugh:

I'm still trying to find out how Boston didn't make the post season this year with the second highest payroll. Look like you need Lee more than us. Can you explain?

UMMM actually i don't have a "Big Papi" jersey I do have former M.V.P. Dustin Pedroia's , ALCS M.V.P. And 2003 World Series M.V.P. Josh Beckett's , This years Cy Young Award Winner Jon Lester's, J.D. Drew , Kevin Youkilis and YAZ's

as far as payroll goes I've SAID Boston has the second highest so you get no points for pointing out something I've already said so anyways Boston wasn't able to get to the playoffs because they were hurt all year so get your facts straight and when they were healthy we almost took first then Dustin got hurt.

You think you'll be the only team to fix your lineup in the off season ? Crawford is either coming to Boston or either New York team and Boston has a better chance of getting Lee then anyone here thinks

And you said it yourself that Tampa was done for a long long time and now you say it will be New York and Tampa and Toronto ? maybe Baltimore ? yeah competing for second behind Boston

JakeNbake
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Go Giants! Why are we talking about bum teams like the Dead Sox this is the Playoff thread, not the stay at home thread!

Kno-Sean
10-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Go Giants! Why are we talking about bum teams like the Dead Sox this is the Playoff thread, not the stay at home thread!

I don't care what people say about Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee. I'll take Tim Lincecum over those guys any day of the week!

ERoyal248
10-20-2010, 12:17 PM

Didn't I say Texas had the better line up ? ... Yeah I believe I did and Texas has outscored New York 30 - 11 in a four game series to this point but yeah all you Yankees fans are right YOU DO HAVE BETTER PITCHING :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why, here is why.

They are the Yankees, they can get whoever they want. And i can tell you this right now. Assuming they lose this series to Texas, you know they will make some kind of move to tweak the roster. If i had to put money on it, i say they get Lee. They already have CC, AJ, and Hughes. Pettitte will probably be back. Javy is gone, open up a spot for Lee, done.

As to Texas, do they even have the money to re-sign Lee. But it would be interesting what happens if they do go on and win the WS.

Boston already has Lester, Beckett, Lackey, Bucholtz, and DiceK under contract. No one wants DiceK, he gets hurt too much and still has a few years left on his contract. Boston would have to eat most of it, so they are out of it.

Boston will probably get Crawford, but not Lee.

kmcgough25
10-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I am going to derail this thread and talk about the current playoffs.

If you are a fan of baseball, you have to at least appreciate the way the Rangers are playing. That is a fun team to watch.

IMO, the Phillies will still win against the Giants, although it will go 7. I can't imagine Halliday losing the next one he pitches and I still believe that the bats are better than the Giants.

#1snake_fan
10-20-2010, 01:01 PM

If you are a fan of baseball, you have to at least appreciate the way the Rangers are playing. That is a fun team to watch.

IMO, the Phillies will still win against the Giants, although it will go 7. I can't imagine Halliday losing the next one he pitches and I still believe that the bats are better than the Giants.

I agree that I really like how Texas has been playing they feel extremely under respected everyone thought it would be Tampa V. New York ... Texas is here to win and i think they will

Amari24
10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I agree that I really like how Texas has been playing they feel extremely under respected everyone thought it would be Tampa V. New York ... Texas is here to win and i think they will

They were defintley underdogs coming into the Post season, and I don't think Philly or San Fran will be able to keep up in a WS match up with Texas. I have Texas winning it all, but of course I could be a little biased.

DevilSpawn
10-20-2010, 06:36 PM
And you said it yourself that Tampa was done for a long long time and now you say it will be New York and Tampa and Toronto ? maybe Baltimore ? yeah competing for second behind Boston
I know I said Tampa's finished. I never said they'd finish in last place. We'll see about next year. We're still in it for now.

100%Broncoholic
10-21-2010, 05:50 AM

I hope so, and we can look back at the Red Sox comeback from 3-1 vs the Yanks as inspiration. If not the Giants earned it with playing great baseball, and with East Coast bias on my part, I never realized just how good they were until watching them take my Phils apart.

chazoe60
10-21-2010, 05:55 AM
I despise the whiney little Giants. Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Giants, at least no matter who finally beats you you can always whine about them cheating. Barry Bonds would be proud.

#1snake_fan
10-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I despise the whiney little Giants. Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Giants, at least no matter who finally beats you you can always whine about them cheating. Barry Bonds would be proud.

As far someone calling the Red Sox the Deadsox i have a problem with that becase we've won two World Series in the last ten years and the Giants haven't won a damn thing yet and the last great thing to happen to a Giants player is possibly the greatest show of CHEATING in the history of baseball besides the no hitter what his name threw ...

Besides "The Freak" no one knows any of the Giants except for the games biggest cheater and Zito who is quite possibly the biggest free agent bust in history

Hey Giants fans I have a question - Why sign him to a seven year hundred thirty million dollar contract and then not use him in the post season ? the dude did win a Cy Young

Any way i see it as Texas Vs. san Fran ... Texas in 5

I hope they put Halladays no hitter on DVD just so fans who didn't see it because MLB is retarted by having Playoffs on Cable I want to have that game in my collection

#1snake_fan
10-23-2010, 08:35 AM
We're still in it for now.

To Quote Brady Quinn "Now You're Done"

Texas is going to the World Series !!!!!!!

DevilSpawn
10-23-2010, 10:00 AM
To Quote Brady Quinn "Now You're Done"

Texas is going to the World Series !!!!!!!
Funny, I was quoting Brady Quinn about Boston in September. Actually mid-July.

Remind me, why didn't the Red Sox make the playoffs this year, besides the fact that you suck.

Southstander
10-23-2010, 08:16 PM
The reason the Sox missed the playoffs is due to having injuries to key players. Els missed almost the entire season. The Pedey went down around the AS Break. Youk missed a good third of the season. We had more AAA players the Pawtucket had and they are our AAA affiliate. Had the Yanks not had Cano, Tex, and Granderson for the same amount we lost our players NY would not have made it to October either.

-----------

snake you said the Yanks where going to win it all more then a few times, so you have no talk to talk, or call out DS for saying the Rangers where a better team after they lost. To be honest DS showed class by saying that.