PDA

View Full Version : my opinion on the jackson situation.

baphamet
09-26-2010, 07:15 AM
in my honest opinion, Jackson needs to fire all his agents and go into this coming off-season with new agents that will actually have a chance to work out a deal with AJ to get his contract and traded.

after all that has happened, with the "lord of no rings" comment by his current agent, i just think it is something that needs to happen.

how does Jackson expect to get anything done now when his agents are talking crap on the people they are supposed to get deals done with?

i dont think he has a choice but to get new agents, unless he wants to remain in limbo with possibly no contract again next year.

jcdavey
09-26-2010, 07:41 AM
in my honest opinion, Jackson needs to fire all his agents and go into this coming off-season with new agents that will actually have a chance to work out a deal with AJ to get his contract and traded.

after all that has happened, with the "lord of no rings" comment by his current agent, i just think it is something that needs to happen.

how does Jackson expect to get anything done now when his agents are talking crap on the people they are supposed to get deals done with?

i dont think he has a choice but to get new agents, unless he wants to remain in limbo with possibly no contract again next year.i don't think he'll fire his agents, and i'd guess the damage done is irreparable, i'm hopeing we trade him before the week 6 deadline

baphamet
09-26-2010, 10:59 AM
i don't think he'll fire his agents, and i'd guess the damage done is irreparable, i'm hopeing we trade him before the week 6 deadline

after the fallout of his current agents, i don't know if he will get traded by the trade deadline. maybe if he fires them by then.

talking crap about he guy you are supposed to work a deal out with isn't a very good situation.

Chargerbomb
09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
VJ isn't gonna fire his agents. That's like expecting Dean Spanos to fire AJ for pushing it to this point. Not gonna happen.

Either VJ sits out the year, or he gets dealt on October 19th. It is looking increasingly likely that he sits.

baphamet
09-28-2010, 06:01 PM
VJ isn't gonna fire his agents. That's like expecting Dean Spanos to fire AJ for pushing it to this point. Not gonna happen.

Either VJ sits out the year, or he gets dealt on October 19th. It is looking increasingly likely that he sits.

how does he expect to get a deal done at all when his current agents are talking junk on AJ? that is my point.

they will be negotiating with the guy they publicly insulted LOL good luck with that.

Jermz79
09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
At this point why is there even negotiations, trade the dude, get what you can and cut your losses!

Look at the Stillers with Santonio Holmes, that's about the same deal you could hope for in the Jackson situation and honestly with his attitude and DUI deal it may be worse but at least you don't have the distraction around anymore.

as much as people whine about the Marshall deal here, I applaud McD for coming in here cleaning house, getting rid of the attitude, it goes a long way in Team chemistry ... and not just in Football ... in Life!

Good Luck Sparkler fans!

:thumb:

Denver_Bolts
09-29-2010, 07:53 AM
At this point why is there even negotiations, trade the dude, get what you can and cut your losses!

Look at the Stillers with Santonio Holmes, that's about the same deal you could hope for in the Jackson situation and honestly with his attitude and DUI deal it may be worse but at least you don't have the distraction around anymore.

as much as people whine about the Marshall deal here, I applaud McD for coming in here cleaning house, getting rid of the attitude, it goes a long way in Team chemistry ... and not just in Football ... in Life!

Good Luck Sparkler fans!

:thumb:

If they was not trading him for 2nd and conditional pick with the Vikings, I don't think they will trade him for anything less than that.

Anyone still thinks VJ will come back after wk 7 and play for SD is just wishful thinking. Both sides already made it clear of their intentions during offseason, VJ's agents just added fuel to the fire. There is no turn back for VJ.

Like many other fans, I am so sick and tired of VJ hold out/distraction. I come to conclusion that he is going to sit out for a year and I'm fine with that. The ship had sailed....

Chargerbomb
09-29-2010, 08:59 AM
how does he expect to get a deal done at all when his current agents are talking junk on AJ? that is my point.

they will be negotiating with the guy they publicly insulted LOL good luck with that.

What deal? What negotiations?

AJ has never even hinted that there would be any deals or negotiations forthcoming. In fact he has made it pretty clear that he never had any intentions of re-signing VJ after this year. VJ wants a trade. His agents want to force a trade. Attacking the GM in most cases would make a trade more likely. Maybe not in this case, just because AJ Smith is such a stubborn SOB.

Your posts are tired and 1-sided. There is more than 1 party to blame here. Try to have some perspective and show some more insight than just spouting the Chargers "talking points".

Alastor
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
The more the Chargers lose, the more likely he is to get what he wants.

It's about nothing more than that. If the Chargers win without him, he's screwed. If they continue to lose, then he might see the end of AJ.

It's really not about his agent at this stage. He really did commit to this when he refused the tender, and this is just that action playing out.

Puddleglum
09-29-2010, 09:34 AM

If it was any other GM I would agree with you, simple as that. It's just that they tried to railroad one of the few guys who you really, REALLY should not try that with. At this point EVERYONE is losing.

AJ Smith will sit on him this year and next (if VJ doesn't collect a season) until his price is met.

baphamet
09-29-2010, 09:46 PM
What deal? What negotiations?

AJ has never even hinted that there would be any deals or negotiations forthcoming. In fact he has made it pretty clear that he never had any intentions of re-signing VJ after this year. VJ wants a trade. His agents want to force a trade. Attacking the GM in most cases would make a trade more likely. Maybe not in this case, just because AJ Smith is such a stubborn SOB.

Your posts are tired and 1-sided. There is more than 1 party to blame here. Try to have some perspective and show some more insight than just spouting the Chargers "talking points".

wow calm the hell down. my posts are one sided because of what exactly? are you really that naive to think that Jackson will be a charger still?

link me one credible article where someone even considers that Jackson will remain a charger. hes as good as gone, he will not get a contract from the chargers therefore he will need to be traded in order to get compensation.

that's where the "negotiations" will need to take place.

also, if you think i am an AJ apologist you really need to read more of my posts lol

i cant stand the guy actually but i am realistic.i honestly think you read a little bit too much into this thread, i am not picking sides at all.

Jackson needs to fire his agents so they will have a better relationship with AJ to get a deal done because his current agents made the mistake of publicly bashing AJ who already has a huge ego.

you think they will be able to get a deal for Jackson now? :coffee:

baphamet
09-29-2010, 09:54 PM

It's about nothing more than that. If the Chargers win without him, he's screwed. If they continue to lose, then he might see the end of AJ.

It's really not about his agent at this stage. He really did commit to this when he refused the tender, and this is just that action playing out.

the chargers wont give him a dang thing, hes as good as gone. win or lose its obvious the chargers will be just fine without him.

they are 2nd in the league in yards per attempt so its pretty clear that the deep ball has not been effected much without him.

its also very clear that the passing game is not anywhere near the main reason the chargers have lost two games.

the OL broke down a little bit vs the seahawks but jackson doesn't have much to do with that and soon we will have mcneil back.

jackson needs to negotiate a trade with AJ and his agents at some point. whether its by the deadline this month or next off season, ot will need to happen.

after all the junk his agents talked i think it would be wise for jackson to get new agents to make the process much easier for him.

Chargerbomb
09-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Fair enough. I re-read the thread and understand what you are saying now.

I hate going on the Chargers board and seeing all these emotional posters who can only find fault with VJ and his agents, as if the idea of trying to secure your future and get a long-term contract is some cardinal sin.

That said, you are right that the petty attacks on a man who holds the keys to VJ's future are clearly counteproductive.

Denver_Bolts
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I gotta give credit to the guy in CMB. It's pretty cool tune that he put together about VJ. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OrbLZVNBuA

baphamet
09-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Fair enough. I re-read the thread and understand what you are saying now.

I hate going on the Chargers board and seeing all these emotional posters who can only find fault with VJ and his agents, as if the idea of trying to secure your future and get a long-term contract is some cardinal sin.

That said, you are right that the petty attacks on a man who holds the keys to VJ's future are clearly counteproductive.

IMO a lot of it is his and his agent's fault but AJ is not innocent either, that is for damn sure.

he should not have held out considering the inevitable suspension and off the field issues. but at the same time, the same thing happened to mcneil who 100% deserves a contract.

MHS
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
i think there is fault on all sides. That being said from what i have read AJ is the one holding it back. He is asking for a 2nd and 3rd round pick which is ludicrous.

VJ is not a top 5 WR and that seems a little bit steep for VJ. Also considering VJ is one slip up from a much longer suspension.

Chargerbomb
10-01-2010, 10:12 AM
a 2nd and a 2012 3rd is about the right compensation for VJ. The problem is the timing. I feel like AJ should have seen this coming and tried to deal Jackson earlier, before teams had set their rosters.

I doubt you will see AJ let a quality player go for significantly less than he is worth even if the player is a huge headache. I know the Steelers let Santonio go for a 5th right after his suspension, but AJ doesn't operate like that. It is not good business to allow yourself to get forced into a poor trade.

It will be very interesting to see how the new CBA shakes out. If it becomes clear that VJ might be a restricted free agent again next season, we may just see him report in week 7. Crazier things have happened.

MHS
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
a 2nd and a 2012 3rd is about the right compensation for VJ. The problem is the timing. I feel like AJ should have seen this coming and tried to deal Jackson earlier, before teams had set their rosters.

I doubt you will see AJ let a quality player go for significantly less than he is worth even if the player is a huge headache. I know the Steelers let Santonio go for a 5th right after his suspension, but AJ doesn't operate like that. It is not good business to allow yourself to get forced into a poor trade.

It will be very interesting to see how the new CBA shakes out. If it becomes clear that VJ might be a restricted free agent again next season, we may just see him report in week 7. Crazier things have happened.

oh i didnt realize the third was going to be in 2012. It makes more sense although anquan got traded for a 3rd and 4th and i think is at the same level as VJ. With that like you said VJ should have been traded at a better time. I hope he gets traded to i drafted him in the 11th round of fantasy football haha

Letsgobolts
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Between Jackson's off field problems and his agent firing shots at the Chargers through the media, they're a match made in heaven with the maturity level. Maybe Jackson will hire a real professional someday.

Its really a shame, and I wonder if Jackson could turn back time, would he have done this all the same way?

Kyousukeneko
10-17-2010, 09:38 PM
way to much reference the santonio Holmes trade. that was a good deal for the jets yes, but the difference is i bet if they couldn't find some one to trade for him, they would have released him. to be honest at this point VJ is worth a 3rd 2011 and a conditional third in 2012 that could be come a first with a pro-bowl appearence. a second with more tehn ten TD and 750 yards recieving.

Chargerbomb
10-18-2010, 07:49 AM
The Chargers need Jackson more than ever now with Gates likely out for a while and both Floyd and Naanee hobbled with hamstring pulls.

baphamet
10-18-2010, 05:18 PM
The Chargers need Jackson more than ever now with Gates likely out for a while and both Floyd and Naanee hobbled with hamstring pulls.

for sure but AJ's ego will never allow it lol

the only chance is if/when VJ reports like mcneil did.