PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs are a pretty good team, or looks that way....

RockyMtnConvert
09-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Looking at the composition of the AFCW, and after watching the Chiefs game today, KC looks pretty darn good. I am not sure if the 49er's rot, but the Cheifs are dominating.

Charles and Jones are going to be a handful for our, might we say, suspect run defense at times.

The AFCW looks better that I thought this year. anybody have thought on the Cheifs, real deal or playing above themselves?

Bronco_Rob
09-26-2010, 12:53 PM
dont get ahead of yourself...the Chiefs haven't played any competition yet.

LSIGRAD09
09-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah.....not good.

The Experience
09-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Call me when they have beaten a decent team. (SD sucks the 1st 5 or 6 games.)

BroncotoBronco
09-26-2010, 12:58 PM
First 8 games rarely matter. It matters how you finish.

GridironChamp
09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
:laugh: @ all the KC hate.

I am in no way saying the Chiefs are great or anything, or even a playoff team,
but come on.. Give props where they are due. Our defense looks really good, our
ST look good, our run game looks great, and Cassel finally showed his NE self
again (which was the biggest question mark).

I don't expect Cassel to continue down that path, but the rest of it should make
us a decent team this year.

Broncoyearound
First 8 games rarely matter. It matters how you finish.

as we know this saying very well unfortunately :sad:

Hadez
They 3-0 and have beat the Chargers.

Giving them props because I know I would want it for the Broncos if they were in the same spot.

Will be some fun games this year against the Chiefs.

Broncoyearound
09-26-2010, 01:02 PM

I don't expect Cassel to continue down that path, but the rest of it should make

Hey no matter who you beat a win is a win. I don't necessarily put a team down cause they won against a not so good team. You still have to play the game. Nothing is giving in the league its earned so celebrate and see ya next week.

RockyMtnConvert
09-26-2010, 01:08 PM

Unforntunately, the Chiefs believe they can play and win- that is not what Denver fans want to see.

I don't care if it was the 9er's the Chiefs looked very tight- many of their best players are playing at a very high level.

Charles and Jones are going to give me heartburn 2x a year in 2010 I am afraid!

KCLadyFan
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM

lol...we played and beat the Chargers who have won the division how many years in a row now? The Browns...yea we barely beat them but considering what they did to KC last season..I'll take that win and the 49ers if I'm not mistaken finished with the same record as Denver did last season...so I guess Denver is a nothing team then...huh?

I love our rookie TE...How about that catch and I love the combo of Charles and Jones!!!

The O looked good today...Cassell threw for over 200 yards and 3 TDs...he had a pretty good day I'd say...the D did an excellent job...5 sacks I believe...I know it's easy for some people to hate but come on..this team has improved...we won't win every game..have a bye then on the road to Indy but they are a much improved team...props to the boys in red and the coaching staff.

baphamet
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM
they look like the best team in the division at this point.

TheChiefs
09-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Something virtually all sports analyst, former players, and knowledgeable football fans know, (something the chiefs have become all to familiar with) is it is hard to win in the NFL. It doesnt matter how good or bad a team is. A win is a win. And while you might not think a win over a talented 49ers team is a notable mention, note that it wasnt the win itself, but how we won. We won in all phases of the game. Defense controlled the line of scrimmage, as did the offense. We ran at will, against a very good Run D. We also came into todays game as the 5th best run offense in the league.

If Cassel can continue to improve, and prove all of us wrong, we could have something special in the making here in KC. While I remained unconvinced about cassels overall abilities, I welcome a surprise.

Dont worry, your team will get its shot, just as the Charger team before yours did. But I wouldnt underestimate the Chiefs just yet. We might not make the playoffs this year, (ya never know) but I do believe we will be a force in the NFL next year. ;)

MightyHorse
09-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry but i think the Chiefs actually look pretty damn good. I know its only 3 games in but 3-0 is 3-0.

WhoDeyBengals
09-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't be fooled, Chiefs fans. These Broncos and Chargers fans are just trying to jinx you. :laugh:

Project KSL
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't care that they've beat 2 winless teams, and upset a SD team that ALWAYS starts slow. Let's see how they do against Indy, Houston, Denver, Tennessee. Ya know? Somewhat good teams. Even at that though, they have to have one of, if not the easiest schedule in the NFL. I think it'll shake out like

@Indy L
@Houston L
Jax W
Buffalo W
@ Oak L
@ Den L
ARZ W
@ SEA L
DEN L
@ SD L
@ STL W
TEN L
OAK W

For a 8-8 season at best. Good lord that schedule is easy.

KCLadyFan
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't care that they've beat 2 winless teams, and upset a SD team that ALWAYS starts slow. Let's see how they do against Indy, Houston, Denver, Tennessee. Ya know? Somewhat good teams. Even at that though, they have to have one of, if not the easiest schedule in the NFL. I think it'll shake out like

@Indy L
@Houston L
Jax W
Buffalo W
@ Oak L
@ Den L
ARZ W
@ SEA L
DEN L
@ SD L
@ STL W
TEN L
OAK W

Denver pretty much has the same schedule and what makes you think Denver is sweeping KC this season?

Like I stated earlier SF ended up with the same record as Denver last season and Denver has only 1 win compared to SF's 0 wins...I'd say Denver isn't that much better.

KC will have some losses but this is a much improved team...I will take 3-0 start and be happy and hope for the best the rest of the season.

GridironChamp
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM

@Indy L
@Houston L
Jax W
Buffalo W
@ Oak L
@ Den L
ARZ W
@ SEA L
DEN L
@ SD L
@ STL W
TEN L
OAK W

:laugh:

You are the biggest hater on this MB, worse than Mindfield, any SD fan, even
more so than PRY/PR used to be.. It's pathetic.

That being said, I've said between 7 and 9 wins all year for KC.. But no way do
we lose to Denver at home... no way.

Project KSL
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM

You lost to Denver at home just last year......badly.

You guys seriously have no offense. I can't wait for next week, so the Colts can give you the reality check all you fans so desperately need.

White Dragon
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
If Cassel can perform half as well as he did today, the Chiefs are going to be a problem.

Here's my prognostication skills...

@ Indy L
@ Houston L
JACKSONVILLE W
BUFFALO W
@ Oakland W
@ Denver L
ARIZONA W
@ Seattle L
DENVER W
@ San Diego L
@ St Louis W
TENNESSEE L
OAKLAND W

The Broncos can't beat even a decent Chiefs team in KC in November, with the 'new' Arrowhead being loud as hell, I just don't see it happening. Also, the Raiders are terrible, they can't even take care of a crumbling Cardinals.

So that would be 10-6 and potentially a division championship.

GridironChamp
09-26-2010, 07:25 PM

You guys seriously have no offense. I can't wait for next week, so the Colts can give you the reality check all you fans so desperately need.

Thus proving my point, again.

This is not KC from last year and it's not Arrowhead from the past 4 years. You are
the only person who is clearly refusing to accept that.

I think we will lose to Indy, and probably Houston too. What part of 7 to 9 wins
was foreign to you?? Is that not in the range of your 8-8 prediction?? :confused:

TheChiefs
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM

After the ass chewing the Chiefs gave the broncos last year, (at Invesco with a worse team) you'd think a bit of respect would be given, especially given that we have improved...

If the Offense manages to play like they did today, or near it...along with solid defensive play that we've seen, the chiefs should be a tough opponent for anyone.

I still think 8-8 is where we'll end up. However, if we can keep progressing, and playing well on both sides of the football, that with an easy schedule could see us win 10 games...Which could actually win this division. If not that, a wildcard birth is not out of the question. I still think our best football is ahead of us. Its going to be interesting if nothing else.

McSmashie
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
You guys want to trade Jamal Charles and Brandon Flowers to us for Brady Quinn and Nate Jones? Ill find a way to make it happen. :D

GridironChamp
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
You guys want to trade Jamal Charles and Brandon Flowers to us for Brady Quinn and Nate Jones? Ill find a way to make it happen. :D

I'm sure if you got in touch with Haley he'd consider some kind of trade... He seems
to have something against play makers (specifically Charles).

McSmashie
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm sure if you got in touch with Haley he'd consider some kind of trade... He seems
to have something against play makers (specifically Charles).

Hell, Im willing to throw in a case of Guinness and a box of Krispy Kremes to make this thing happen!

GridironChamp
09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Hell, Im willing to throw in a case of Guinness and a box of Krispy Kremes to make this thing happen!

If you included a set of signature golf clubs I'm sure he'd take it...

I mean after all, Haley was a golfer not a football player as Larry Johnson let us
all know! :laugh:

broncos_mtnman
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM

I love this one.

You play the schedule you're given.

Bottom line is that the Chefs are 3-0 and up 2 games on the rest of the league and we are no better than the Raiders at this stage.

The "competition" comeback is just another way of saying "I have nothing to say."

By the way, didn't one of our loses come against a 1-2 team?

Just sayin'

:coffee:

broncos_mtnman
09-26-2010, 10:56 PM

It wouldn't matter, we'd still have McD.

How about a trade of Josh for Charlie? And we'll even throw "Wink" in for Romeo.

Is it a deal?

45-17
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
@Indy L
@Houston L
Jax W
Buffalo W
@ Oak L
@ Den L
ARZ W
@ SEA L
DEN L
@ SD L
@ STL W
TEN L
OAK W

More like...

@Indy L
@Houston W
Jax W
Buffalo W
@ Oak L
@ Den W
ARZ W
@ SEA W
DEN W
@ SD L
@ STL W
TEN W
OAK W

So 13-3...Oakland is the trap game. They always play us tough. SD will break even by beating us at the Q...Denver however will see the broom.

We could lose to Tennessee, and Houston...but we will likely sweep your team.

45-17
09-27-2010, 01:22 AM

If I recall correctly, you guys lost just as bad, if not worse at invesco to that same team...Not exactly smack material givin the fact that we handed you your ass...Chiefs are 1-0 in 2010 against your overrated team.

TheQBGuru
09-27-2010, 02:45 AM
You've been here since 2005 yet don't even have 100 posts.

just throwing that out there

Thors Hammer
09-27-2010, 07:23 AM
You've been here since 2005 yet don't even have 100 posts.

just throwing that out there

You have 723 in a few months on an opposing team's message board. Your point?

Just throwing that out there.

ReasonableChief
09-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Indy will be a difficult test ... but I absolutely love the way the defense is playing through three games. It doesn't appear to be a mirage but there is no telling what Indianapolis will do.

As I look at the schedule, the next two games are two that I would reasonably expect us to lose (or should I say I would be surprised if the Chiefs won). The rest of the schedule, with the possible exception of San Diego (Chiefs did beat them once, after all) the Chiefs have a shot. As always, if the Raiders ever play the way one thinks they can, they can compete with anyone but rarely do.

Denver is Denver, and always a tough out for Kansas City regardless of which team is better. I know last year was a blowout at Invesco, but Denver decided not to play their best former players.

It's just fun to finally win a couple games and not have it be a total fluke or have the opponent just gift wrap it. San Fran will likely catch fire at some point to get close to .500 on the year. They have a ton of talent. Must be a Bay Area thing this year.

Still, the pessimist in me can clearly see a path to 3-13 for the Chiefs, but so far, so good. Fingers are crossed, but a few more performances like yesterday and I might just hop on the bandwagon.

Project KSL
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Indy will be a difficult test ... but I absolutely love the way the defense is playing through three games. It doesn't appear to be a mirage but there is no telling what Indianapolis will do.

As I look at the schedule, the next two games are two that I would reasonably expect us to lose (or should I say I would be surprised if the Chiefs won). The rest of the schedule, with the possible exception of San Diego (Chiefs did beat them once, after all) the Chiefs have a shot. As always, if the Raiders ever play the way one thinks they can, they can compete with anyone but rarely do.

Denver is Denver, and always a tough out for Kansas City regardless of which team is better. I know last year was a blowout at Invesco, but Denver decided not to play their best former players.

It's just fun to finally win a couple games and not have it be a total fluke or have the opponent just gift wrap it. San Fran will likely catch fire at some point to get close to .500 on the year. They have a ton of talent. Must be a Bay Area thing this year.

Still, the pessimist in me can clearly see a path to 3-13 for the Chiefs, but so far, so good. Fingers are crossed, but a few more performances like yesterday and I might just hop on the bandwagon.

Your name fits you very well.

Puddleglum
09-27-2010, 05:20 PM
I think KC is playing their collective heart out, I don't however think they are that good of a team. I think they got 2 years or so before they start dominating the division.

Let's be careful with the use of the word "never" people, very few things in this life are a sure thing.

They made some GREAT changes in coordinators this year. SD was straight up out-coached by KC in the first game.

More power to them, I made posts in Chargerland telling them that the Chiefs were going to be the franchise that takes the division from us and I was laughed at...a lot.

Tony Moeaki, that was an INSANE one handed catch against the 49'ers.

TheQBGuru
09-27-2010, 10:35 PM

My point is he's a fair weather smacker. Really, it was fairly obvious.

TheQBGuru
09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I think they got 2 years or so before they start dominating the division.

Disagree with this logic. KC has until they draft a franchise QB. Could be 2 years, could be 20.

12and4
09-27-2010, 10:50 PM

Stop making them feel unwelcomed.... jeeeeez

what would this place be like if you drove away all the rival fans???

TonyGFortheTD
09-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Lets see how the Chiefs do over the course of their next 5 games before we anoint them LOL THE NEXT DENVER or legit contenders.