PDA

View Full Version : Props Chiefs Fans

#24 Next Champ
09-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey, just wanna give you guys the props you deserve, ur team is kickin' butt...good stuff, must feel great after so long (ha no offense) but hope ya'll keep it up, knock them chargers off our back so we can take the division this year!! haha

but seriously, good stuff Chiefs, ur playin very well, way to dominate SF haha

chazoe60
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes congrats guys. I gotta eat some crow on this one. I never saw this one coming. Keep it up. Let's all give the Chargers a fight this season.

baphamet
09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
congrats chiefs, you look like the best team in the division right now.

TheChiefs
09-26-2010, 02:25 PM
While we played an overall GREAT game, I still am not going to get overzealous here. We did play a complete game, but Cassel is still our QB. Can he turn a corner? Of course, just look at Drew Brees...but I still remained unconvinced that he is the answer at QB. It will take a lot more convincing imo. I will say this, as the season goes on, players and coaches will get better. Its simple progression. So, I do believe we will get better as the season goes on. That is something to look forward to.

I am amazed at our defensive play. Total day and night difference from a year ago. Romeo Crennel has got this defense playing with some fire! Brandon Flowers is proving to be a lock down corner...he is playing at pro bowl level. So is DJ, Hali, and I cannot discount the veteran leadership of a guy like Mike Vrabel. All in all, this entire defense is playing MUCH better at literally every position.

Offensivly, we came into todays game as the 5th best rushing team...after totaling 209 total yards rushing, I expect that to improve! (ranking wise) However, while we did look much better passing the ball, the OL still needs to work on protecting the QB, and Cassel needs to continue to improve. He needs to prove all of us wrong. The pieces are finally starting to fit...and after experiencing the down years for the past 3-4 years, chief fans can start to breathe a sigh of relief.

We might not make the playoffs this year.(ya never know) But we will be a force in the AFC next year. Count on it! :salute:

The Chiefs Dude
09-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Our Defense is doing a big part in getting us wins. Romeo Crennel is doing a great job teaching these guys the system. I hope they can stop Payton Manning in their powerful passing game. But I think our offense can do a great job against their struggling Defense.

BroncoManiac_69
09-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Our Defense is doing a big part in getting us wins. Romeo Crennel is doing a great job teaching these guys the system. I hope they can stop Payton Manning in their powerful passing game. But I think our offense can do a great job against their struggling Defense.

We did an OK job defending the Colts for the most part I guess. We did however struggle on 3rd down which will be the key for KC next week.

Ya'll got a pretty decent defense and expect that to continue. If Cassel and Company on offense can score, unlike we were able to do, you should have a good chance of beating them.

Welcome to the boards. :salute:

ebsoria
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
3-0?!?! Who saw that coming. Enjoy it!!!!

LordTrychon
09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Congrats on the great start, guys. Hope we can try to keep up and keep it interesting for you!

I was just thinking... wow... the AFC forums has really helped bring out some chief fans on the site! Then I got to thinking... well... they're 3-0! :laugh:

Hope you guys stick around!

GridironChamp
09-28-2010, 10:12 AM
We did an OK job defending the Colts for the most part I guess. We did however struggle on 3rd down which will be the key for KC next week.

Ya'll got a pretty decent defense and expect that to continue. If Cassel and Company on offense can score, unlike we were able to do, you should have a good chance of beating them.

Welcome to the boards. :salute:

The Indy game will be interesting..

Clearly our strengths are defense and rush offense. Manning will probably hurt us
because our pass rush is mediocre outside of Hali.. but on offense we could do
an Arian Foster all over the Colts IMO.

Hopefully it's a good game.

The Chiefs Dude
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Congrats on the great start, guys. Hope we can try to keep up and keep it interesting for you!

I was just thinking... wow... the AFC forums has really helped bring out some chief fans on the site! Then I got to thinking... well... they're 3-0! :laugh:

Hope you guys stick around!
That's actually why I joined. I seen there's a section for us Chiefs fans so I thought what the hell. I'll stick around as long there is still a Chiefs section.:rockon:

Jim
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM

If anyone knows how to stop or frustrate Peyton Manning, it's Romeo Crennel.

BroncoManiac_69
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
the AFC forums has really helped bring out some chief fans on the site!!

This was such a great idea implemented here LT. I've already learned more about our division without sorting through a bunch of smack. This is way cool and classy of our boards. :salute:

That's actually why I joined. I seen there's a section for us Chiefs fans so I thought what the hell. I'll stick around as long there is still a Chiefs section.:rockon:

That's cool. Since it is working out so well, I highly doubt it will go away. Glad you joined and enjoy it. :beer:

TheChiefs
10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
If anyone knows how to stop or frustrate Peyton Manning, it's Romeo Crennel.

Crennel is 7-0 against manning and the colts. He has had two weeks to prepare a gameplan for manning. We also have lilja, our right guard who played for the colts for something like 6 years, before coming to KC this year. It should be interesting...It will definitely be a test for us.

I like our strengths vs their weakness. Our running game should do the job nicely against indy. I dont see them stopping us on the ground, which is good. We need to keep peyton off the field and control the TOP. That, and hali needs to get pressure on Manning. Tyson jackson should be starting on the DL this week, so it will be interesting to see how well he fares against the colts.

We can win this game, but imo, it is still a toss up. If it was at arrowhead, I would feel more much confident!

TonyGFortheTD
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not expecting the Chiefs to win today, but things would certainly be interesting if they beat the Colts. They can't afford to lose to the Chiefs if they want to win the AFC South this season.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
That defense is the real deal.

The only time I flipped to the Colts game was when Tamba Hali absolutely pressured the hell out of Manning one play... Then he does an epic sack the play after!

GridironChamp
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
That defense is the real deal.

The only time I flipped to the Colts game was when Tamba Hali absolutely pressured the hell out of Manning one play... Then he does an epic sack the play after!

Hali was in Manning's face all day long. I've honestly rarely, if ever, seen Manning
so frustrated and pressured (especially by one player) as much as Crennell and
Hali did to him today.

I was originally concerned with Hali's quickness and speed transitioning from a 4-3
DE to a 3-4 OLB but man... he has been a man possessed this year. If we only had
ANYONE opposite of him. Dorsey is playing good, if not really good now, and
you can see Jackson's improvement.

The Chiefs Dude
10-11-2010, 02:13 PM
This Defense is damn good. If we can get a passing game going we can start winning games.