PDA

View Full Version : Why does...

TheQBGuru
09-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Thomas Jones get more touches than Jamaal Charles?

I don't understand.

Amari24
09-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Trust me, they're going to run Charles to death once they play a team that's good at stopping the run. Why give Charles the ball 20 times a game against teams like Cleveland, and struggling defenses like San Fran?

The Chiefs Dude
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm guessing their saving him for the 2nd half of the season. I would love to see more Charles, but this 1, 2 punch, sometimes 3 with Dexter, is doing a great job. The low use of Charles is depriving me of fantasy points.

91bronco
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
The Chiefs run game looks great- Lots of playmakers on offense.

Jones is more of the grind it out type of back while Charles looks to be the homerun hitter. I think you try and get it to Charles more though.

GridironChamp
09-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Because Todd Haley hates, and always has, Jamaal Charles. There is no other
explanation for it.

Charles should never have less than about 20 carries a game and should never
see less action than Thomas Jones.. But just like with Haley's refusal to bench
LJ for Charles last year when everyone else knew he should.. he will prolong this
as long as he can.

KCLadyFan
09-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Because Todd Haley hates, and always has, Jamaal Charles. There is no other
explanation for it.

Charles should never have less than about 20 carries a game and should never
see less action than Thomas Jones.. But just like with Haley's refusal to bench
LJ for Charles last year when everyone else knew he should.. he will prolong this
as long as he can.

I'm no fan of Haleys but he doesn't hate Charles..that's just nonsense talk..I don't mind the fact that Jones is getting more carries...he opens the door and Charles runs through it...I doubt Charles is complaining...give it a break people..we have 2 good RBs...the season has just started...no sense in wearing either of these guys in the ground.

KCLadyFan
09-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Besides Haley is saving Charles for when we play Denver..then you will get your dose of him when he runs all over your D...LOL

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Besides Haley is saving Charles for when we play Denver..then you will get your dose of him when he runs all over your D...LOL

Troll guru is a Chargers fan, but thanks for the salt in the wound! :mad:

KCLadyFan
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Troll guru is a Chargers fan, but thanks for the salt in the wound! :mad:

sorry and not sorry....:P :D

GridironChamp
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm no fan of Haleys but he doesn't hate Charles..that's just nonsense talk..I don't mind the fact that Jones is getting more carries...he opens the door and Charles runs through it...I doubt Charles is complaining...give it a break people..we have 2 good RBs...the season has just started...no sense in wearing either of these guys in the ground.

Obviously he doesn't actually hate him but there is no explanation for Charles not
getting more touches. Thomas Jones was not necessary last year when Charles
ran wild. I understand keeping him health and fresh, and I love Thomas Jones and
picking him up.. But he should not be getting more carries than Charles.

I'm not asking for Charles to get a Cedric Benson work load, just get the ball in
his hands 20 times a game, and if that means lower Jones' touches I am fine by
that.

91bronco
09-29-2010, 07:07 AM
I see it as a nice problem to have. You guys have two starting caliber runningbacks to share the load. Add in Mccluster (sp?) and you have a very formidable/flexible backfield. I'm a little jealous honestly....

PhillyBronco24
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
This is because TJ is a work horse and still puts up good numbers. Jets were dumb for letting him go.

TonyGFortheTD
10-02-2010, 09:13 PM
This is because TJ is a work horse and still puts up good numbers. Jets were dumb for letting him go.

This pretty much. The Chiefs are ranked #1 rushing in the league after going up against one Defense in the top 10 against the run (SD) and another in the top 15 (SF). Cleveland isn't doing as well against the run now like a year ago, but #21 isn't beyond terrible. So it's not like they've been racking it up on bad run D's like the Lions (lolgunther) and the Colts.