PDA

View Full Version : Why the hate on players wanting to leave teams that aren't winning?

EdmcCaff87
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Kevin Garnett said it best, and I'm paraphrasing " I lost a lot of good years being loyal to the team (Minnesota Tims)." It's great that these players are getting smart. Think about all of what Greats could have been with players that stayed well past what they should've:

Brett Farve (Packers) NFL

Daunte Culpepper (Minnesota) NFL

Kevin Garnett (Minnesota) NBA

Patrick Ewing (Knicks) NBA 15 years with them never won a ring

Dan Marino love the guy one of the Great hall of Fame QB's but stayed with Miami just too long

John Stockton- Utah NBA

Karl Malone - Utah NBA

Charles Barkley SIXERS

Barry Sanders DET

I don't see the fuss! Let these guys be smart and get out while their legs are still good.

Broncoholic3233
09-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Kevin Garnett said it best, and I'm paraphrasing " I lost a lot of good years being loyal to the team (Minnesota Tims)." It's great that these players are getting smart. Think about all of what Greats could have been with players that stayed well past what they should've:

Brett Farve (Packers) NFL

Daunte Culpepper (Minnesota) NFL

Kevin Garnett (Minnesota) NBA

Patrick Ewing (Knicks) NBA 15 years with them never won a ring

Dan Marino love the guy one of the Great hall of Fame QB's but stayed with Miami just too long

John Stockton- Utah NBA

Karl Malone - Utah NBA

Charles Barkley SIXERS

Barry Sanders DET

I don't see the fuss! Let these guys be smart and get out while their legs are still good.

Who are you referring to specifically?

RealBronco
09-29-2010, 01:53 AM
The Packers were a perennial playoff team the whole time Favre was there... :confused:

Southstander
09-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I think your point would be better served if you had put Favre with the team that drafted him, the Falcons.

RealBronco
09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
I think your point would be better served if you had put Favre with the team that drafted him, the Falcons.

i bet a lot of people don't even know that lol.

Bronco51
09-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Garnett
Stockton
Ewing
Malone

What do they have in common? JORDAN! They could have switched to any team and still would have been beat down by HIS AIRNESS!!!!

Amari24
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Garnett
Stockton
Ewing
Malone

What do they have in common? JORDAN! They could have switched to any team and still would have been beat down by HIS AIRNESS!!!!

Garnett never had to face Jordan like that... and face it.. The Wolves like the Clippers, are just a terrible franchise. Always was, always will be.

Axemaster
09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Garnett
Stockton
Ewing
Malone

TRUE DAT! There was NO superteam beating the Bulls in the 90s, and if he wouldnt of gotten that wild hair up his azz, he would of got them 8 IN A ROW!!! That would of been Celtic like dynasty! Houston was just LUCKY that he did go all baseball postal though in 94/95.

Axemaster
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Garnett never had to face Jordan like that... and face it.. The Wolves like the Clippers, are just a terrible franchise. Always was, always will be.

I seem to remember Garnett and the Wolves winning 60 plus games one year and having the best record in the NBA.

ParkHill-71
09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
To General.

Maybe those players are not doing all the things they can do themselves to help "said" team win a championship!