PDA

View Full Version : Melo?

Axemaster
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
So now I just watched a video of Melo, on Foxsports.com, saying he never said he wanted to be traded? Huh? Am I missing something here?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, that's why he wouldn't sign the $65million dollar extension and the Nuggets have been actively been pursuing a trade partner, because Melo never asked to be traded. :rolleyes:

Amari24
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
At this point I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of the horses mouth.

Axemaster
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
So, what yer tellin me, is ol Mello has come from the "King James" school of talkin outta both sides of your mouth???

swaiy
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
He hasnt to my knowledge. By not signing the extension he plans to walk in free agency. Of course the nuggets want to get something for him knowing they cant keep him long term

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I guess another way of looking at it would be he didn't really ask to be traded, but basically communicated he would never re-sign with the Nuggets. Why would he care? He only has to wait 10 months to get what he wants.

ParkHill-71
09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Carmelo wanted to be traded around mid season last year. It was apparent if you watched his body language during that point! His fake defense! All compounded by Karl's sickness!

Its insulting to people's intelligence for him to suggest that he does not want to be traded at this point!

Atwnbroncfan
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Just go look at melos twitter, and look at his background tell me what you think.

swaiy
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Just because you say it does not make it so. How can you beyond the shadow of the slightest doubt prove he was faking defense. Dont tell me to watch his games because that is more subjective than it is concrete. Last time it was LBJ faking his injury and throwing games; now ita fake defense? Chil' please

Spyder
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Rumors started up around Feb. this past year that Carmelo was leaning towards jumping ship to NY. It was obvious to anyone who didn't have their head in the sand that Carmelo wanted and still does want out.

He didn't exactly utter the words himself, but that's why you have marketing people, an agent, an 'entourage,' it's usually those people that do your speaking for you. Especially with this type of thing. Oh, not signing the extension also speaks massive volumes.

Carmelo is going to be gone one way or another.

Bronco51
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone who saw La-La's reality show knows that she wants back into the business. That ain't happening in Denver. She wants to be relevant again and a move back East would go a long way towards getting her some sort of limelight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Melo went to Syracuse. Its probably safe to say there's a good reason he's attached to NY.

BluenOrnge4Life
09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
My guess is that Denver will make a trade during the season to try to win over Melo and get him to sign his extension. If he still wants to leave his options open and refuses to sign, he will be traded before the trade deadline in February.

Axemaster
10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Carmelo wanted to be traded around mid season last year. It was apparent if you watched his body language during that point! His fake defense! All compounded by Karl's sickness!

Its insulting to people's intelligence for him to suggest that he does not want to be traded at this point!

Hasnt he ALWAYS played fake defense though?

Axemaster
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
My guess is that Denver will make a trade during the season to try to win over Melo and get him to sign his extension. If he still wants to leave his options open and refuses to sign, he will be traded before the trade deadline in February.

And hopefully this new regime will not take it in the SHORTS like all the previous ones have when it comes to personell decisions. Kiki Vandeweigh anyone?:peace:

Bronco51
10-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone who saw La-La's reality show knows that she wants back into the business. That ain't happening in Denver. She wants to be relevant again and a move back East would go a long way towards getting her some sort of limelight.

And now she has let him go public with his desire to be out of Denver.

Amari24
10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
And now she has let him go public with his desire to be out of Denver.

The Nuggets shouldn't fulfil that. Trade him somewhere where both of them won't be satisfied. Trade Melo even further away from New York, I think LA would sufice.

ERoyal248
10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
The Nuggets shouldn't fulfil that. Trade him somewhere where both of them won't be satisfied. Trade Melo even further away from New York, I think LA would sufice.

Orlando would be a good fit.

:P

Atwnbroncfan
10-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Orlando would be a good fit.

:P

He wants NY. Thats the only place he wants. Denver wants a lot in return for melo. Teams will only give a lot if melo signs an extension. Melo only wants to play in NY. Its a vicious cycle.

Amari24
10-28-2010, 04:56 PM
He wants NY. Thats the only place he wants. Denver wants a lot in return for melo. Teams will only give a lot if melo signs an extension. Melo only wants to play in NY. Its a vicious cycle.

wherever they trade him they better be sure they get two 1st rounds.

Broncoholic3233
10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
wherever they trade him they better be sure they get two 1st rounds.

Or a big. I'd be very content with a 1st rounder, a big and a decent SF.

Depending on the big anyways. That is what we are lacking, a big. I'd rather have a big physical big, even if he isn't a huge scorer or anything, than Melo. But hey, thats personal opinion.

BroncoFanBoy
10-28-2010, 07:55 PM

he'll get whereever we send him to...

Spice 1
10-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Chris Paul and Melo have probably already worked this out. Look on the bright side, at least you know.