PDA

View Full Version : ALCS - New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers (Who wins? Discussion)

Broncoholic JS
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
http://a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/clubhouses/2010/mlb/logos/nyy.pngvshttp://a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/clubhouses/2010/mlb/logos/tex.png
New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers
2010 American League Championship Series

Broncoholic JS
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Please disregard the extra Yankees in 7 option. Please use that for the Rangers in 7 instead. Just now noticed my typo and can't go back to change it. Sorry.

Southstander
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Go Rangers.

ERoyal248
10-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Yankees in 5.

InElwayWeTrust
10-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Probably the Yanks, but GOOOO Rangers!!!! Lol.

My Baseball rooting preferance:
1. Colorado Rockies (of course)
2. All 28 other teams not named the Yankees. :D

#1snake_fan
10-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm going Rangers in 7

Besides Sabathia New York's pitching is so weak and they've said they would probably start A.J. Burnett which is a terrible terrible Idea I think Texas has better pitching and a stronger line up.

Kinsler is a beast when he gets going and 3 HUGE homers in ALDS means he going not to mention Vlad ( does anyone else think he played the Angels into getting rid of him ... I do ) but he's a AWESOME hitter and then theres probably the Leagues Most Valuable Player Josh Hamilton who can hit the ball out of any stadium including New York ( Remember the 2008 Home Run Derby) I think we'll see a repeat. Not to mention Cliff Lee who is lights out in the post season 5-0 in 6 career starts (2 against New York last year)

i would say depending on how Burnett goes Texas in 7 or less

Ohio Broncos
10-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Yankees in five. It's a shame Cliff Lee can't pitch every single game of this series.

RunYouOver
10-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm going Rangers in 7

Besides Sabathia New York's pitching is so weak and they've said they would probably start A.J. Burnett which is a terrible terrible Idea I think Texas has better pitching and a stronger line up.

Kinsler is a beast when he gets going and 3 HUGE homers in ALDS means he going not to mention Vlad ( does anyone else think he played the Angels into getting rid of him ... I do ) but he's a AWESOME hitter and then theres probably the Leagues Most Valuable Player Josh Hamilton who can hit the ball out of any stadium including New York ( Remember the 2008 Home Run Derby) I think we'll see a repeat. Not to mention Cliff Lee who is lights out in the post season 5-0 in 6 career starts (2 against New York last year)

The Rangers have a stronger lineup? Alright then...if anything, they have the only lineup that's really close to the Yankees, but the stronger one...I don't know about that...

Yankees in 6.

Please disregard the extra Yankees in 7 option. Please use that for the Rangers in 7 instead. Just now noticed my typo and can't go back to change it. Sorry.

Fixed it for you.

Amari24
10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I've been a Rangers fan for years now, and this will be the first time I'll get to see them this close to the World Series. With that being said, I'm going with Texas in 7 or less.

I think Hamilton will eventually get his groove back, Kinsler and Vlad have been playing pretty well this post-season, as well as Michael Young. Lee is just red hot, and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon. Yeah I know he won't be able to pitch every game, as no picther is able to, but when he gets his chance, he'll be unstopable.

Lets go Rangers!!

ERoyal248
10-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm going Rangers in 7

Umm, Pettitte threw 7 strong innings, only gave up 2 runs to the Twins. Pettitte has been a big game pitcher his whole career, bigger the stage, the better he pitches.

Hughes looked great in Game 3, like he did earlier in the season.

Who knows with AJ, either he'll go 7 innings, 1-2 ER, or 3-4 IP, 6-7+ ER. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pitch well.

And CC is a beast.

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Sweep!!!!! 4-0

#1snake_fan
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Umm, Pettitte threw 7 strong innings, only gave up 2 runs to the Twins. Pettitte has been a big game pitcher his whole career, bigger the stage, the better he pitches.

Hughes looked great in Game 3, like he did earlier in the season.

Who knows with AJ, either he'll go 7 innings, 1-2 ER, or 3-4 IP, 6-7+ ER. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pitch well.

And CC is a beast.

Yeah I said besides CC so i agree that he is a beast (at the buffet) and Pettit is so old for not being that old he looks like he's in his mid 40's Hughes is a great young pitcher wh ohas a huge upside I'm a big Phil Hughes fan but A.J. is so freakin overrated he was in Toronto and he is in New York and this year he showed exactly that.

And what I meant about Texas having "Better" pitching is that their owner Nolan Ryan has told them to ignore pitch counts and that if they can go back out there then they are so Texas is prepared to throw complete games every time they go out there ... not saying they will but thats how they are ran in Texas now

As far as their line ups go I still give the edge to Texas

their younger and they want it more

Broncoholic JS
10-15-2010, 08:14 PM
What a comeback from the Yankees!!!

WOOT WOOT!!

Amari24
10-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Seriously man why does Texas always blow big leads to the Yankees. It doesn't make any sense...

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Seriously man why does Texas always blow big leads to the Yankees. It doesn't make any sense...

Because the Yanks are beastly, while the Rangers suck....

Amari24
10-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Because the Yanks are beastly, while the Rangers suck....

If they sucked they wouldn't have made it this far :coffee:

ERoyal248
10-15-2010, 08:46 PM
6-5 Yanks, Bottom 9th.

In comes Rivera.

Can the Rangers get to Mo one more time.

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
If they sucked they wouldn't have made it this far :coffee:

We'll see who the better team is after this series :coffee:

ERoyal248
10-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah I said besides CC so i agree that he is a beast (at the buffet) and Pettit is so old for not being that old he looks like he's in his mid 40's Hughes is a great young pitcher wh ohas a huge upside I'm a big Phil Hughes fan but A.J. is so freakin overrated he was in Toronto and he is in New York and this year he showed exactly that.

And what I meant about Texas having "Better" pitching is that their owner Nolan Ryan has told them to ignore pitch counts and that if they can go back out there then they are so Texas is prepared to throw complete games every time they go out there ... not saying they will but thats how they are ran in Texas now

As far as their line ups go I still give the edge to Texas

their younger and they want it more

Texas starting pitching outside of Wilson and Lee isn't that great. Hunter is solid, and Lewis isn't nothing special.

Texas wants it more then the Yankees, i'd disagree with that. Yankees want to repeat and shut the critics up about not having any pitching outside of CC.

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 08:49 PM
6-5 Yanks, Bottom 9th.

In comes Rivera.

Can the Rangers get to Mo one more time.

Who is your team ERoyal?

If I remember correctly, the Braves, but I can't recall...

ERoyal248
10-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Who is your team ERoyal?

If I remember correctly, the Braves, but I can't recall...

Yes, i like the Braves.

Also, why do you like the Yankees.

Don't you like the Rockies?

Nothing against the Yankees, just curious.

Amari24
10-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Texas starting pitching outside of Wilson and Lee isn't that great. Hunter is solid, and Lewis isn't nothing special.

Texas wants it more then the Yankees, i'd disagree with that. Yankees want to repeat and shut the critics up about not having any pitching outside of CC.

QFT

This is why I thought they should've went after Roy Oswalt, then they would've had one of the best lineups ever. They have to manage with what they have now, which isn't much.

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, i like the Braves.

Also, why do you like the Yankees.

Don't you like the Rockies?

Nothing against the Yankees, just curious.

Oh yeah, Rockies are my #1 by far.

Grandpa is a huge Yankees fan, so I just was taught to like them from when I was young. But Rockies >>>>> Yanks by a long shot. But when Rockies are out :( I gotta go for the Yanks

Amari24
10-15-2010, 08:54 PM

So any team that's not better than the Yankees suck? Lol..

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 08:55 PM
So any team that's not better than the Yankees suck? Lol..

Duh. :doh:

Besides the Rockies of course. :D

Amari24
10-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Duh. :doh:

Besides the Rockies of course. :D

Eh.. bad enough I have to hear my cousin blabbing that all the time :D

At least Hamilton >>>>>> A-Rod :D

ERoyal248
10-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Mo is really, really good.

Good win for the Yankees.

Amari24
10-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Mo is really, really good.

Good win for the Yankees.

Lucky...:sad: We're cursed with George Bush...

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Eh.. bad enough I have to hear my cousin blabbing that all the time :D

At least Hamilton >>>>>> A-Rod :D

Fine.....

BUT

Cargo >>>>>> Hamilton>>>>>>A-Rod

ERoyal248
10-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Fine.....

BUT

Cargo >>>>>> Hamilton>>>>>>A-Rod

Heyward>>>>>>>Hamilton>>>>CarGo>>>>ARod

Broncoholic3233
10-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Heyward>>>>>>>Hamilton>>>>CarGo>>>>ARod

:nono: :nono: :mad:

#1snake_fan
10-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Lucky...:sad: We're cursed with George Bush...

thats about enough of the Bush stuff right now

and second Texas is the better all around team and if they loose to New York no one will say they were but they are but everyone expects New York to win (I don't ) and Last night showed that Texas can beat New York if they could've gotten two more runs ( I know I know shoulda, coulda, woulda )
But against CC looked just like Philly

Against Mo ( there is no one better in the post season then MO ) he's got Ice Water in his veins and he shoots to kill

The series isn't over but if Texas looses tonight ... It is

#1snake_fan
10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Texas needs to get it done tonight with Lee on the hill and if they can then they will have a huge edge against New York

Amari24
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
And to think, it could all be over tonight if Texas hadn't blown that huge lead in game 1.

#1snake_fan
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
well they'd have a 3 - 0 lead and no one knows how fast a 3 - 0 lead can become a 4 - 3 series then New York but yeah I agree with Cliff Lee and how they hit CC it would be over and infact it could still be over all i know it has to happen tonight.

Texas needs to play like there is no tomorrow they need to play like their down 3 - 1 not tied 1 - 1

Amari24
10-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Well I was right. Texas was the better team...

Yankees suck :D