PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets Lee ?

#1snake_fan
10-14-2010, 01:51 PM
This coming off season Cliff Lee will be a free agent and their are several teams that will be coming hard after the impressive Lefty alot of teams need good left handed pitchers so here we go

#1 - Boston Red Sox - Have the second highest pay roll in baseball and could offer alot of money towards Lee and will also be another plaoff contending team that Lee seems to play for

#2 - New York Yankees - Have the highest pay roll in baseball and almost got him before Texas did at the deadline New York needs another left hander to complement Sabathia , Pettit so expect the Yankees to go hard after Lee

#3 - Los Angeles Angels - Not quite as high of a pay roll as New York or Boston but still has money to play with and they need something because they looked BAD this year finishing in third in that division ... YIKES !!!

#4 - Chicago Cubs - One of the higher pay roll teams in the National League but they are horrible and Lee would be a fool to sign with them

#5 - Los Angeles Dodgers - with the Divorce still going on I doubt the dodgers make any big moves this year

#6 - Philadelphia Phillies - I think a lot of people have written the m out of the sweepstakes for Lee because they traded him to seattle to get Halladay... could you imagine that rotation Halladay , Lee , Hammels , Oswalt ,Blanton ... Good Lord

# 7 - New York Mets - :laugh::laugh::laugh:

#8 - Texas Rangers - It's a long shot but maybe if they beat New York and Philly then maybe but I doubt it

Thats my thoughts on it

BroncoFanBoy
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I hate to say it, but...

the Yankees...

Atwnbroncfan
10-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Yankees..........

Long shot team.......Dodgers

The Experience
10-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Yankees or Phils.

ERoyal248
10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Yankees

They have CC, Pettite could retire if they win the WS, Hughes is a good young pitcher, AJ had an awful year. Javy won't be back and that opens a spot for Lee.

Southstander
10-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I hope my Sox.

Amari24
10-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Hopefully he stays with Texas :D

Atwnbroncfan
10-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Yankees or Phils.

Phils have no need for him.

LSIGRAD09
10-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Yankees will throw the most money at him. That's why I love them. :smug:

Axemaster
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Phils have no need for him.

And to think they COULD have kept him! You are right though, they don't need him, they'll win it all With Halliday and evryone they have now, and will KEEP on winning with what they have.

Texas needs him, I hope Atlanta somehow gets him, but it will probably be the Yanks, AGAIN!:sad:

GridironChamp
10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Yankees.

Then I'm interested to see who is 1 and who is 2.

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2010, 12:31 PM
ROCKIES!!!!

But if they can't have him, Yankees.

DevilSpawn
10-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Yankees.

CC
Lee
Hughes
Pettitte
AJ

Something like that. Longshot is Baltimore.

DevilSpawn
10-15-2010, 05:38 PM
# 7 - New York Mets - :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't rule them out yet. They need to fight for the back of the pages from the Yankees, the Jets and perhaps the Giants, even if the Knicks win 20 games or the Rangers (hockey) make some noise. They suck and are an embarrassment to Queens, but I see a culture change on the horizon that I won't like.

But yeah in the meantime :laugh: :laugh:

#1snake_fan
10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
even if the Mets could get Lee he wouldn't go because they are going nowhere fast and guys like Jason Bay found that out this year :D and are atleast three or four years away from being the team they once were

As far as the Phillies "not needing him" goes anyone would take Cliff Lee but I don't think they have the cash for him not with Howard making 25 mil a season and Utley and Victorino not to mention Halladay , Oswalt and Hammels

Texas to me doesn't have a chance unless they beat New York and Philly or San Francisco (just being nice to Giants fans they won't beat Philly) then maybe Lee would stay and who knows maybe he's tired of being traded or of playing for different teams every year 2009: Cleveland , Philadelphia 2010: Seattle , Texas

New York won't throw the most money at him because the Red Sox need him more and it will be like the Dice - K bid all over again New York will offer and Boston will attempt to trump them and it will go on and on

I think he goes to Boston myself

because I don't see the Dodgers making a move and he isn't stupid enough to go to the Cubs and i really don't think he wants to be a Yankees

GridironChamp
10-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Yankees.

CC
Lee
Hughes
Pettitte
AJ

Something like that. Longshot is Baltimore.

Would Lee really be behind CC?

ERoyal248
10-16-2010, 10:11 AM
even if the Mets could get Lee he wouldn't go because they are going nowhere fast and guys like Jason Bay found that out this year :D and are atleast three or four years away from being the team they once were

As far as the Phillies "not needing him" goes anyone would take Cliff Lee but I don't think they have the cash for him not with Howard making 25 mil a season and Utley and Victorino not to mention Halladay , Oswalt and Hammels

Texas to me doesn't have a chance unless they beat New York and Philly or San Francisco (just being nice to Giants fans they won't beat Philly) then maybe Lee would stay and who knows maybe he's tired of being traded or of playing for different teams every year 2009: Cleveland , Philadelphia 2010: Seattle , Texas

New York won't throw the most money at him because the Red Sox need him more and it will be like the Dice - K bid all over again New York will offer and Boston will attempt to trump them and it will go on and on

I think he goes to Boston myself

because I don't see the Dodgers making a move and he isn't stupid enough to go to the Cubs and i really don't think he wants to be a Yankees

How could Boston get him?

Lester
Beckett
Bucholtz
Lackey
DiceK

All signed for a 2-3+ more years.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd like to say the Angels, but after they let Vlad and Lackey walk I'm not too convinced they are still committed to winning. Its very disappointing.

The Yankees only weakness is in their starting rotation. They'll do what it takes to sign him.

keithbishop
10-16-2010, 04:29 PM
CC and Lee are good friends from their Cleveland days.

The Yankees will make a run at him, but I wouldn't rule out the Rangers with their new ownership group.

Put me at the Yankees helm and I'd stand pat with the rotation if Pettitte returns. I love what is on the horizon: power arms Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Andrew Brackman, Adam Warren and Graham Stoneburner.

#1snake_fan
10-18-2010, 08:23 AM
How could Boston get him?

Lester
Beckett
Bucholtz
Lackey
DiceK

All signed for a 2-3+ more years.

yeah there's this thing called TRADING away unproductive players like DICE - K who has been a huge huge BUST and wasn't worth half of that 103 million investment and besides Boston has the cash to do what ever they want

To the point of Lee and Sabathia being "good" friends since their days in Cleveland ... they probably are but so was Johnny Damon with David Ortiz and so was Manny Ramirez ... so friendship doesn't mean anything it's all about winning and about the money

ERoyal248
10-18-2010, 08:27 AM
yeah there's this thing called TRADING away unproductive players like DICE - K who has been a huge huge BUST and wasn't worth half of that 103 million investment and besides Boston has the cash to do what ever they want

To the point of Lee and Sabathia being "good" friends since their days in Cleveland ... they probably are but so was Johnny Damon with David Ortiz and so was Manny Ramirez ... so friendship doesn't mean anything it's all about winning and about the money

And why would anyone want DiceK when he has a huge contract, and hasn't done much in the past. Some injury problems as well.

Lee will likely be a Yankee, especially if they don't win the WS.

#1snake_fan
10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Dice K's contract isn't that big he signed a five year fifty one million deal in 2006 so he has two years left with an option for a sixth worth around ten mil a season ten mil for Dice K is a steal he's a good pitcher but has been a bust for Boston

Lee will be with a contender no matter where he goes