PDA

View Full Version : Junior Seau: This is sad

Boltheads
10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure how AFCW rival fans feel about Seau, but he was always one of my favorite NFL players - it just made it that much sweeter that he wore the Charger gear.

Anyway, there is a rumor that he attempted suicide after being released from jail this morning (domestic violence charge). Click through the photos in the link below. There are two photos of his tire marks where he drove off the cliff. They are pretty disturbing considering who was behind the wheel.

Domestic violence, attempted suicide.......and Junior Seau in the same sentence just doesn't sound right. :sad:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/18/junior-seau-drives-truck-off-a-cliff/?utm_source=bleacherreport.com

chazoe60
10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
That is sad. It's tough when you find out your Heros are human, and sometimes not good ones. Hopefully he gets his life back in order. Couldn't open the link, bad iPhone service here at work

This should be moved to the Powder chat section though. This shouldn't be smacked about.

Boltheads
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
That is sad. It's tough when you find out your Heros are human, and sometimes not good ones. Hopefully he gets his life back in order. Couldn't open the link, bad iPhone service here at work

This should be moved to the Powder chat section though. This shouldn't be smacked about.Yeah, it should be moved. I just usual post in here - smack or not. Hopefully, folks don't see this tragedy as an opportunity as smack.

Amari24
10-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow seriously? What would he gain out of killing himself? Just for domestic violence.. The guy has way too much to live for imo. Suicide is become more and more of a problem.

LSIGRAD09
10-18-2010, 12:09 PM
He needs support, we don't need what happened to Kenny to happen again.

baphamet
10-18-2010, 05:08 PM
probably my fav charger of all time, i am thinking he cant cope with not being able to play football anymore.

but i am not sure if it was a suicide attempt, did you see the "cliff"? he could have found a better one than that to be brutally honest.

maybe it was an impulsive decision? idk but i am not convinced it was a suicide attempt.

baphamet
10-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow seriously? What would he gain out of killing himself? Just for domestic violence.. The guy has way too much to live for imo. Suicide is become more and more of a problem.

if it was a suicide attempt, you don't known what was going through his mind. he could have some serious mental issues that none of us could begin to understand.

its always fascinated me how people can kill themselves, no matter what the situation is. i just don't see how someone could do that, its beyond reasoning.

RAIDER951
10-18-2010, 05:17 PM
One of the greats. I hope this doesn't tarnish his great career.

BroncosDivision
10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Making transitions in life is often a difficult task, I think we can all relate to that. If Seau did indeed try to commit suicide, it's just beyond sad and something we've been witnessing much too often. :(

MindField
10-18-2010, 05:41 PM
That is sad if it's true.

Junior Seau was one bad man on the football filed, and a sure fire hall of famer.

I hope it's not true.

SLVR and Black
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I spent some time down in San Diego when he was playing down there, it was amazing to see how he was embraced by the community. If it was a suicide, I sincerely hope that he gets the help he needs, he's still got quite a bit to offer.

Alastor
10-18-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm sure I speak for many when I say our thoughts and support go out to Junior and his family.

Moved to Powder Power - to avoid tasteless remarks.

I was impressed however that this thread sat in the smack section for so long (7 hours) and got no such remarks. Very classy. Sometimes you guys are pretty damn cool.

Boltheads
10-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm sure I speak for many when I say our thoughts and support go out to Junior and his family.

Moved to Powder Power - to avoid tasteless remarks.

I was impressed however that this thread sat in the smack section for so long (7 hours) and got no such remarks. Very classy. Sometimes you guys are pretty damn cool.I'm always amazed at how we can smack each others teams.....yet, almost everyone knows where to draw the line. It speaks volumes to the community on here.

Alastor
10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm always amazed at how we can smack each others teams.....yet, almost everyone knows where to draw the line. It speaks volumes to the community on here.

Yes. Yes it does.

Peerless
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Hope Seau is and will be okay. Such a great player.

thatkidhunt
10-18-2010, 08:53 PM
My thoughts are with Junior as he goes through this trying time in his life. I hope he finds a way to pull himself out of this and can use this expierence to regain control.

What a special talent, I wish him all he best in his future endeavors.

Good luck "Say Ow" :salute:

Biggregb
10-19-2010, 07:22 AM
I absolutely hated him in San Diego, mostly because he always gave Elway problems and dominated the Broncos. With that said I respected the heck out of him as a football player, wish we could have picked him up. I sincerely wish him the best and hope he gets the help he needs and finds peace in his life.

baphamet
10-19-2010, 04:41 PM
apparently he fell asleep at the wheel. at least that is what he claims and i believe him because that wasn't really the type of cliff you drive off of to kill yourself.

Alastor
10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
apparently he fell asleep at the wheel. at least that is what he claims and i believe him because that wasn't really the type of cliff you drive off of to kill yourself.

What kind of cliff does it take?

What kind of cliff are we talking about that he actually drove off of?

I genuinely haven't seen the pictures or anything. I do think that if he says he fell asleep that he's probably telling the truth. If he was fibbing I think the police would be able to tell (brake marks for starters).

I don't see any reason to doubt him at this stage however.

"I buy it."

thatkidhunt
10-19-2010, 06:41 PM
What kind of cliff does it take?

What kind of cliff are we talking about that he actually drove off of?

I genuinely haven't seen the pictures or anything. I do think that if he says he fell asleep that he's probably telling the truth. If he was fibbing I think the police would be able to tell (brake marks for starters).

I don't see any reason to doubt him at this stage however.

"I buy it."

As do I, and based on the photos, if he was attempting suicide that really wouldn't be the cliff to do it on, but I guess I have never contemplated it so what would I know.

If he says he fell asleep, im purchasing as well.

Alastor
10-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Ah! I found it.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/seau.jpg

This is apparently the cliff in question. For all we know this cliff gets substantially more intimidating if the camera angle is different, or back farther from what the camera shows here.

Based on that picture however... I have to agree with your guys' (Hunt and Baph) assessment.

That's not really the place I'd think someone would pick for such a thing.

In fact, I question how it actually qualifies as a "cliff" unless there's a lot the camera isn't showing us in that shot.

My version of a "cliff" is based on life in Colorado and our mountains. To me a "cliff" is a ledge or road that if you fly off of it, you're going 1,000+ feet almost straight down. This isn't a cliff to me. This is barely a hill around here.

California has mountains too. Big ones. I'm sure he could have found a genuine cliff if he wanted one. This is not a cliff.

I somehow find Junior's version of events pretty compelling.

MHS
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
whatever happened i hope he is okay and heals up well.

baphamet
10-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Ah! I found it.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/seau.jpg

This is apparently the cliff in question. For all we know this cliff gets substantially more intimidating if the camera angle is different, or back farther from what the camera shows here.

Based on that picture however... I have to agree with your guys' (Hunt and Baph) assessment.

That's not really the place I'd think someone would pick for such a thing.

In fact, I question how it actually qualifies as a "cliff" unless there's a lot the camera isn't showing us in that shot.

My version of a "cliff" is based on life in Colorado and our mountains. To me a "cliff" is a ledge or road that if you fly off of it, you're going 1,000+ feet almost straight down. This isn't a cliff to me. This is barely a hill around here.

California has mountains too. Big ones. I'm sure he could have found a genuine cliff if he wanted one. This is not a cliff.

I somehow find Junior's version of events pretty compelling.

i am assuming whoever took that picture is standing on the side of the road even though you cant see the road itself.

this picture will give you a better look.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2010/10/seau-crash-site.jpg

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/18/reports-junior-seau-arrested-drives-suv-off-cliff-upon-release/

yeah, i believe him lol

kishzilla
10-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Spending a night in jail I sincerely doubt he slept at all. Him passing out at the wheel after a long emotional night and driving off the road seems like a pretty reasonable story to me.

As far as the "cliff", I've driven off worse on purpose for fun. I don't think that qualifies as a cliff.

Also isn't Seau FROM Oceanside? I would think a local would know where the bigger cliffs are...