PDA

View Full Version : Lakers or Heat?

Kno-Sean
10-19-2010, 08:35 PM
In a 7 game series.

If the season started and the first thing that happened was a 7 game series between the Lakers and the Heat, who would win?

thatkidhunt
10-19-2010, 08:42 PM
The answer without question is the Phoenix Suns. :D

Kno-Sean
10-19-2010, 08:56 PM

Oh man, let the heated debates begin! haha :salute:

Drunk Bronco
10-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Lakers.................

ERoyal248
10-20-2010, 05:39 AM
If it started right now, i'd say the Heat.

Kobe isn't fully healed from knee surgery, Bynum is out until December.

It should definately be interesting how it all plays out.

Rollo
10-20-2010, 07:03 AM
The 1996 Bulls

lol The Heat

Kno-Sean
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
If it started right now, i'd say the Heat.

Kobe isn't fully healed from knee surgery, Bynum is out until December.

It should definately be interesting how it all plays out.

You're right there, i did forget about Bynum being out until December. So i'll give you that.

But is Kobe really as unhealthy as it seems? Or just cuz it's preseason basketball? Hopefully he'll either A) Get healthy or B) Turn it up once the regular season starts.

I really hope it's a Lakers vs Heat finals this year. I think everyone deserves to see a kobe vs lebron finals. Even though it would have been a completely different story if it was in Kobe's prime.

kmcgough25
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
If both teams were in mid-season form and healthy, I'd say the Lakers at the beginning of the season, Heat in the middle of the year, and a toss up in the Finals

Amari24
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Right now I'd go Heat. Kobe isn't healthy, Bynum is garbage and is never healthy. Fisher can't guard anyone who runs the point on Miami, and imo the Heat have a better bench as of right now. So I have to say the heat, but the team to beat is obviously the Lakers.

Kno-Sean
10-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Right now I'd go Heat. Kobe isn't healthy, Bynum is garbage and is never healthy. Fisher can't guard anyone who runs the point on Miami, and imo the Heat have a better bench as of right now. So I have to say the heat, but the team to beat is obviously the Lakers.

Better bench?

I'll take Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, and Theo Ratliff over anyone the Heat have.

Bynum is the wild card in all of this. If he's healthy the Heat have no chance.

The Heat will struggle to guard big guys all year.

Dwight Howard
Any Celtic big man
Andrew Bogut
And so on..

Bronco51
10-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I'll take Miami. They will probably foul everyone out driving to the basket and spend most of the game at the line. If the reffing hasn't changed from year's past, the Heat's big 3 will get plenty of calls.

Drunk Bronco
10-20-2010, 05:04 PM
The 1996 Bulls

lol The Heatgood call man....

Amari24
10-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Better bench?

I'll take Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, and Theo Ratliff over anyone the Heat have.

Dwight Howard
Any Celtic big man
Andrew Bogut
And so on..

Give me Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers over any of those guys. Bynum healthy is nothing special at all.

Atwnbroncfan
10-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Give me Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers over any of those guys. Bynum healthy is nothing special at all.

Lol Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers over Dwight Howard? Andrew Bogut? WOW.

As to the thread the real question is how much crying will Lebron do. He was crying more that everyone hated him via twitter this week. And he thinks its because of race.

Lebron: We don't hate you because of your race, we hate you because you went on an HOUR long ESPN special to decide where you were going to play. And if he would have just said that playing along side a player of D-Wades caliber was too much to pass up, people would have respected that..............But thats not what an undedcutated man does. Instead he is "taking his talents" elsewhere. Lebron is the biggest villian in the nba now. He makes Ron Artest look like an angel. Anyways end rant.

But the real conclusion is the Nuggets would beat both :peace:

GridironChamp
10-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Lol Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers over Dwight Howard? Andrew Bogut? WOW.

As to the thread the real question is how much crying will Lebron do. He was crying more that everyone hated him via twitter this week. And he thinks its because of race.

Lebron: We don't hate you because of your race, we hate you because you went on an HOUR long ESPN special to decide where you were going to play. And if he would have just said that playing along side a player of D-Wades caliber was too much to pass up, people would have respected that..............But thats not what an undedcutated man does. Instead he is "taking his talents" elsewhere. Lebron is the biggest villian in the nba now. He makes Ron Artest look like an angel. Anyways end rant.

But the real conclusion is the Nuggets would beat both :peace:

He would Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers over the Lakers bench... :duh:
I would take Haslem and Miller over them all, not so sure on Chalmers.

Did you even see any of the twitter posts that were sent to him?? I'm guessing
no judging by your "rant". I hate how James has handled this whole thing but
he definitely received plenty of racist comments. Also OTL broke down the numbers,
only like 23% of white people still "approve" of James. Why? honestly because
he looks like a very stereotypical black person and talks much like one, unlike
lets say Kobe Bryant.

Atwnbroncfan
10-21-2010, 01:46 PM
He would Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers over the Lakers bench... :duh:
I would take Haslem and Miller over them all, not so sure on Chalmers.

Did you even see any of the twitter posts that were sent to him?? I'm guessing
no judging by your "rant". I hate how James has handled this whole thing but
he definitely received plenty of racist comments. Also OTL broke down the numbers,
only like 23% of white people still "approve" of James. Why? honestly because
he looks like a very stereotypical black person and talks much like one, unlike
lets say Kobe Bryant.

Yea I saw the tweets talking about how Lebron physically looks. By no means are those acceptable. But this whole thing isn't based on his race. I know he is going to get those hateful tweets, comments whatever. That comes with the fame. But the majority of the hatred is for how he handled it. And for all the hating comments, he leaves out all the fans that love him. All the comments you KNOW he is receiving saying he is god. Why not share those? To me Lebron is just whining that he wants everyone to like him again and feel bad for him. Which I have no intention of doing (unless someone really crosses a line).

Kno-Sean
10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
If anyone here would take Mike Miller or Udonis Haslem over Lamar Odom then they clearly no absolutely nothing about basketball.

Ask any Laker fan or anyone who knows anything about the Lakers, LO is what makes that team go.

Kno-Sean
10-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Yea I saw the tweets talking about how Lebron physically looks. By no means are those acceptable. But this whole thing isn't based on his race. I know he is going to get those hateful tweets, comments whatever. That comes with the fame. But the majority of the hatred is for how he handled it. And for all the hating comments, he leaves out all the fans that love him. All the comments you KNOW he is receiving saying he is god. Why not share those? To me Lebron is just whining that he wants everyone to like him again and feel bad for him. Which I have no intention of doing (unless someone really crosses a line).

People liked LeBron before "The Decision" and he was still an African American before "The Decision" so this whole race card is stupid. Tons of African American athletes get racist comments all the time. I don't see why LeBron can turn this into a black vs white thing, he acts like he's the only African American getting judged.

Sparky The Sun Devil
10-21-2010, 09:41 PM
In a 7 game series.

If the season started and the first thing that happened was a 7 game series between the Lakers and the Heat, who would win?

lakers, no question.

I miami going down to LA in the finals

Amari24
10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
If anyone here would take Mike Miller or Udonis Haslem over Lamar Odom then they clearly no absolutely nothing about basketball.

Ask any Laker fan or anyone who knows anything about the Lakers, LO is what makes that team go.

I would, and I'm pretty sure I know just as much as basketball than you. Sorry but not every one is a Lakers homer, who thinks their players are superior to everyone in the league.. So a Lakers fan is the last person I would ask about that..

Kno-Sean
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I would, and I'm pretty sure I know just as much as basketball than you. Sorry but not every one is a Lakers homer, who thinks their players are superior to everyone in the league.. So a Lakers fan is the last person I would ask about that..

Ya you are totally right, good job with the laker homer comment. Just cuz i'm a Laker fan obviously my opinions are wrong.

If i said Pau Gasol was better than Udonis Haslem i'd be wrong cuz i'm a Laker Homer.

You're just so right, how dare I think Lamar Odom the most versatile 6th man in the NBA to be better than someone on the Heat :jawdrop:

Amari24
10-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Ya you are totally right, good job with the laker homer comment. Just cuz i'm a Laker fan obviously my opinions are wrong.

If i said Pau Gasol was better than Udonis Haslem i'd be wrong cuz i'm a Laker Homer.

You're just so right, how dare I think Lamar Odom the most versatile 6th man in the NBA to be better than someone on the Heat :jawdrop:

No one's talking Pau Gasol here, I'm talking about the benches, but nice try. Give me Miller and Haslem over Odom anyday. And I hope you were joking about Odom being the most versitile Sixth man.

Yeah seems to me you're stating that as if it's a fact... Too bad it's not.

Kno-Sean
10-22-2010, 01:11 PM
No one's talking Pau Gasol here, I'm talking about the benches, but nice try. Give me Miller and Haslem over Odom anyday. And I hope you were joking about Odom being the most versitile Sixth man.

Why would I be joking? He is damn near 7 feet tall and plays the wing. He can move down into the post and even brings the ball down the floor occasionally. The man can shoot from the outside at a successful rate and can body you up down low. He can guard big guys or guards. Lamar Odom is what makes the Lakers so hard to match up with.

Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller over Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Shannon Brown, Theo Ratliff? You are crazy.

Someone else is clearly being a homer in this conversation.

Kno-Sean
10-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah seems to me you're stating that as if it's a fact... Too bad it's not.

No, just stating that Lamar Odom is CLEARLY better than Mike Miller. Haha and Udonis Haslem... no comment.

Amari24
10-22-2010, 01:17 PM
No, just stating that Lamar Odom is CLEARLY better than Mike Miller. Haha and Udonis Haslem... no comment.

You just contradicted yourself on more than one occasion already. First you say you were only stating an opiniion, now you're implying that Odom > Miller/Haslem is a fact. You get the offical FAIL stamp :laugh:

Amari24
10-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Why would I be joking? He is damn near 7 feet tall and plays the wing. He can move down into the post and even brings the ball down the floor occasionally. The man can shoot from the outside at a successful rate and can body you up down low. He can guard big guys or guards. Lamar Odom is what makes the Lakers so hard to match up with.

Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller over Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Shannon Brown, Theo Ratliff? You are crazy.

Someone else is clearly being a homer in this conversation.

Barnes is all defense and nothing else.

Theo Ratliff? Next.

Shannon Brown is all dunks, I'd take Chalmers over him. Lamar Odom is the only one worth a damn on that bench. Also how am I being a homer, if I'm not even supportive of any side?

Kno-Sean
10-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Barnes is all defense and nothing else.

Theo Ratliff? Next.

Shannon Brown is all dunks, I'd take Chalmers over him. Lamar Odom is the only one worth a damn on that bench. Also how am I being a homer, if I'm not even supportive of any side?

First of all, Mario Chalmers is a starter isn't he? So he's a non-factor (plus he has nothing on derek fisher)

Derek Fisher - Steve Blake
Kobe Bryant - Shannon Brown
Ron Artest - Matt Barnes
Pau Gasol - Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum - Theo Ratliff

How can you argue with that bench?

Mario Chalmers - Carlos Arroyo
Dwayne Wade - Eddie House
LeBron James - Mike Miller
Chris Bosh - Udonis Haslem
Joel Anthony(haha) - Zydrunas Ilgauskus

I look at that right there and don't see any positions where the Heat's bench is better than the Laker's bench. Maybe SF because Mike Miller is better offensively than Matt Barnes. But Barnes is a excellent defender. Not to mention that Lamar Odom also plays the SF position.

Top to bottom the Laker bench is very, very solid.

And like i've always said, IS better than the Heat's bench.

GridironChamp
10-22-2010, 02:25 PM

He does share those. He Retweets plenty of compliments, ATH and PTI made a
huge deal about hims tweeting criticism instead of compliments like he usually does.

GridironChamp
10-22-2010, 02:31 PM
First of all, Mario Chalmers is a starter isn't he? So he's a non-factor (plus he has nothing on derek fisher)

Derek Fisher - Steve Blake
Kobe Bryant - Shannon Brown
Ron Artest - Matt Barnes
Pau Gasol - Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum - Theo Ratliff

How can you argue with that bench?

Mario Chalmers - Carlos Arroyo
Dwayne Wade - Eddie House
LeBron James - Mike Miller
Chris Bosh - Udonis Haslem
Joel Anthony(haha) - Zydrunas Ilgauskus

I look at that right there and don't see any positions where the Heat's bench is better than the Laker's bench. Maybe SF because Mike Miller is better offensively than Matt Barnes. But Barnes is a excellent defender. Not to mention that Lamar Odom also plays the SF position.

Top to bottom the Laker bench is very, very solid.

And like i've always said, IS better than the Heat's bench.

1) Fisher cant guard anyone so lets not go that far....

2) Blake > Arroyo

3) Brown = House, I'll take House but I know you're going to be in love with Brown.

4) Barnes < Miller. It's not like Miller is a defensive slouch, and his offense is
much better.

5) Odom < Haslem. Odom is too careless and disappears too much for my liking.
The few defenders in the NBA who seem to see that Odom is left handed shut
him down.

6) Ratliff < Big Z.

Lets also not forget Dexter Pittman, Juwan Howard, and Jamall Magloire down
low for Miami and DeSean Butler and James Jones out on the wing.

Kno-Sean
10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
1) Fisher cant guard anyone so lets not go that far....

2) Blake > Arroyo

3) Brown = House, I'll take House but I know you're going to be in love with Brown.

4) Barnes < Miller. It's not like Miller is a defensive slouch, and his offense is
much better.

5) Odom < Haslem. Odom is too careless and disappears too much for my liking.
The few defenders in the NBA who seem to see that Odom is left handed shut
him down.

6) Ratliff < Big Z.

Lets also not forget Dexter Pittman, Juwan Howard, and Jamall Magloire down
low for Miami and DeSean Butler and James Jones out on the wing.

You would take Mario Chalmers over Derek Fisher? Hmm...

It's not that I'm in love with Brown it's just that he's a good change of pace and very athletic. Seems to get the crowd our of their seats a lot. Eddie House does nothing cept camp and shoot. He was a good shooter about 3 years ago.

So Mike Miller would guard Kobe Bryant?

Lamar Odom not only out scores Udonis Haslem but he also out rebounds him. Lets not forget Udonis Haslem has always started. Lamar puts up better numbers than him off the bench. He's a 6'11" freak who can play any position on the floor. He is a much better shooter than Haslem. Name one part of Haslem's game that is even better than LO's?

Theo Ratliff and Big Z, Theo is all defense, Big Z is all nothing. They both aren't much to brag about. It's the fact that the Lakers 3 man rotation at bigs is what sets it apart. Jamaal Magloire? Juwaan Howard? and an unproven Dexter Pittman who wasn't even that great in college? You got 2 washed up old men and a kid who struggled in college let alone the NBA.

The Lakers can go deeper as well. Sasha is also a spark off the bench. Luke Walton can be dependable and Devin Ebanks is the next LO in the making.

Udonis over LO, that's just hard to imagine.

GridironChamp
10-22-2010, 04:14 PM

No no no, I'm just saying Fisher is not so much better than Chalmers that it's
worth makin ga big deal over. Fisher's best asset his is clutchness, but lets
not forget Chalmers played in MANY big games in college. And was quite clutch.

It's not that I'm in love with Brown it's just that he's a good change of pace and very athletic. Seems to get the crowd our of their seats a lot. Eddie House does nothing cept camp and shoot. He was a good shooter about 3 years ago.

Brown is a great dunk contest player, but as for the actual game?? eh. House
is still a good shooter who will knock down threes when Wade, James, or Bosh
are being doubled. He also bring some fire to the team, but I still gave them
two equal.

No successfully, but it's not like Barnes ever shut him down. I'll take having to
use help defense on Kobe PLUS a real offensive threat over just barely doing
enough not to have to double Kobe on defense.

Lamar Odom not only out scores Udonis Haslem but he also out rebounds him. Lets not forget Udonis Haslem has always started. Lamar puts up better numbers than him off the bench. He's a 6'11" freak who can play any position on the floor. He is a much better shooter than Haslem. Name one part of Haslem's game that is even better than LO's?

Mental. Post game. And my personal reason for taking him over Odom, he is not
a space case and is more consistent. Sure, he cant break out for 30, 10, n 10
but he also wont go 2, 0, 1 two games in a row either.

Theo Ratliff and Big Z, Theo is all defense, Big Z is all nothing. They both aren't much to brag about. It's the fact that the Lakers 3 man rotation at bigs is what sets it apart. Jamaal Magloire? Juwaan Howard? and an unproven Dexter Pittman who wasn't even that great in college? You got 2 washed up old men and a kid who struggled in college let alone the NBA.
You can't call Magloire and Howard washed up and not Ratliff. Z > Ratliff for
sure. Howard was still quite effective last year, and Magloire was a great defender
until he ran into injury trouble. He's just a big body to get fouls, just like Pittman.
Can't teach size making them two useful.

The Lakers can go deeper as well. Sasha is also a spark off the bench. Luke Walton can be dependable and Devin Ebanks is the next LO in the making.

Sasha does nothing but get made of my Jim Rome, Walton can be good and can
be REAL bad. I like Ebanks, but Butler > IMO.

sbxxxiichamps
10-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Obviously in a 7 game series between the Lakers and Heat the Celtics will win.:paper:

Amari24
10-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Lol.. are you really going to sit there and say Sasha is a spark off the bench? It's more like he's an ass off the bench, only reason LA still has him is to cause trouble to force technical fouls.. He's incosistent on both sides of the ball. Luke Walton is nothing special.... I doubt he'll be on that roster in 2 more years. Ebanks is all right, but his jumpshot is incosistent, he's basically just a poorman's version of Trevor Ariza, he looks like him to.

Like I said before, all Brown offers are huge dunks, but other than that, I'd choose Chalmers over him any time. Fisher is one of the worst defensive guards in the game.

Kno-Sean
10-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Lol.. are you really going to sit there and say Sasha is a spark off the bench? It's more like he's an ass off the bench, only reason LA still has him is to cause trouble to force technical fouls.. He's incosistent on both sides of the ball. Luke Walton is nothing special.... I doubt he'll be on that roster in 2 more years. Ebanks is all right, but his jumpshot is incosistent, he's basically just a poorman's version of Trevor Ariza, he looks like him to.

Like I said before, all Brown offers are huge dunks, but other than that, I'd choose Chalmers over him any time. Fisher is one of the worst defensive guards in the game.

Your right, the entire Laker Bench is terrible. I mean they aren't back-to-back nba champions or anything??

Quit saying Chalmers, he's a starter. Shannon Brown isn't. We are arguing bench players, is that too hard of a concept??

So even if Sasha's job is to get in there and cause trouble and get under peoples skin then he's still a valuable contributor to the team. Phil Jackson wouldn't put him in the game if he didn't think so. Obviously everyone on their bench is good at what they do. You don't make the NBA Finals 3 years in a row with just a good starting 5.

Axemaster
10-23-2010, 10:30 AM
In a 7 game series.

The Trophy is the Lakers to win, this year, now the FOLLOWING year Jackson is RETIRED, is he not? So the Heat, Celtics and Magic will all have a shot at whoever is going to take over the West supremacy.

The Heat wont be like the Celtics a few years ago, sorry they just wont play defense like Boston did/does.:goz:

Amari24
10-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Your right, the entire Laker Bench is terrible. I mean they aren't back-to-back nba champions or anything??

Quit saying Chalmers, he's a starter. Shannon Brown isn't. We are arguing bench players, is that too hard of a concept??

So even if Sasha's job is to get in there and cause trouble and get under peoples skin then he's still a valuable contributor to the team. Phil Jackson wouldn't put him in the game if he didn't think so. Obviously everyone on their bench is good at what they do. You don't make the NBA Finals 3 years in a row with just a good starting 5.

And you're telling me we're argueing bench players and not starters? Did you not mention Pau Gasol in one of your post? :facepalm:

Chalmers isn't all ways a starter anyways.. everything points to Arroyo starting over him, making him a bench player, and a better one than Shannon Brown at that. At least get your facts straight before you try to call people out.

GridironChamp
10-23-2010, 01:11 PM
And you're telling me we're argueing bench players and not starters? Did you not mention Pau Gasol in one of your post? :facepalm:

Chalmers isn't all ways a starter anyways.. everything points to Arroyo starting over him, making him a bench player, and a better one than Shannon Brown at that. At least get your facts straight before you try to call people out.

If Arroyo starts that's a giant fail on the Heats' part.

Amari24
10-23-2010, 01:36 PM

It doesn't really matter who they have at there at this point. Lebron will be running it from a "Point Foward" spot.

Kno-Sean
10-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Come on dude... I brought up Pau Gasol because you tried to discredit all my comments just because i'm a Laker fan. Never once was I ever trying to argue starters.

And it's very unlikely that Carlos Arroyo starts. How bout you prove that he's going to be in the starting line up. Show me your facts buddy. Otherwise I will call out a poor argument when i see one.

Lets not forget you have failed to even attempt to argue that the fact that this Laker bench is better than it has been the last 3 years. And what did they do the last 3 years?

Kno-Sean
10-23-2010, 03:02 PM

If GridironChamp is saying something to help me in a Laker/Kobe argument, then you know you F'ed up. :D

Amari24
10-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Come on dude... I brought up Pau Gasol because you tried to discredit all my comments just because i'm a Laker fan. Never once was I ever trying to argue starters.

And it's very unlikely that Carlos Arroyo starts. How bout you prove that he's going to be in the starting line up. Show me your facts buddy. Otherwise I will call out a poor argument when i see one.

Lets not forget you have failed to even attempt to argue that the fact that this Laker bench is better than it has been the last 3 years. And what did they do the last 3 years?

No, I wasn't discrediting your comments because you're a Lakers fan. I was discrediting them because you state them as if they're facts, when you know they're not. Only homers do that...

Also the fact that Arroyo took Chalmers starting job right before All-Star weekend last season, shows that he's most likely going to be starting over him. Not to mention Arroyo has been starting over Chalmers in basically all the preseason games... If that's not concrete proof that Arroyo will start over Chalmers then I don't know what is. But like I said, Wade and Bron will be handeling all the PG duties theirselves, so it doesn't really matter who they have back there.

LA's best bench was in '08, there's no doubt in my mind about it. In '09 Orlando had no bench so that series was a gimmie. And bout time the Celtics made it all the way to the finals last season, all there starters lost their legs, as Boston is a more older club. Not to mention Kendrick Perkins got injured.

Even so, it doesn't matter what LA did 3 years ago. The OP clearly states who would win NOW, and I'd have to go with Miami, as their bench is more impressive, and their starting lineup is good and healthy.

Amari24
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM
If GridironChamp is saying something to help me in a Laker/Kobe argument, then you know you F'ed up. :D

How so? He didn't add anything to either of our arguements...

I've already said it doesn't matter who they have at PG, it will be Wade and Bron running the offense.

Bernie24
10-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Better bench?

Dwight Howard
Any Celtic big man
Andrew Bogut
And so on..

Other teams might struggle to defend 3 All-Star players on one team at the same time too.

Heat would win 4-2 IMO

Bronco_Armada
10-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Heat will get fancy points, but those are still worth only 2-3 points.

They don't have big men. Don't even think they'll make the finals.

Lakers - Celtics part 3 (of this era)

Kno-Sean
10-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Other teams might struggle to defend 3 All-Star players on one team at the same time too.

Heat would win 4-2 IMO

Lakers have more than enough good defenders to guard the "New Big 3"

Artest, Barnes, Kobe.

Kno-Sean
10-24-2010, 12:36 PM
No, I wasn't discrediting your comments because you're a Lakers fan. I was discrediting them because you state them as if they're facts, when you know they're not. Only homers do that...

Also the fact that Arroyo took Chalmers starting job right before All-Star weekend last season, shows that he's most likely going to be starting over him. Not to mention Arroyo has been starting over Chalmers in basically all the preseason games... If that's not concrete proof that Arroyo will start over Chalmers then I don't know what is. But like I said, Wade and Bron will be handeling all the PG duties theirselves, so it doesn't really matter who they have back there.

LA's best bench was in '08, there's no doubt in my mind about it. In '09 Orlando had no bench so that series was a gimmie. And bout time the Celtics made it all the way to the finals last season, all there starters lost their legs, as Boston is a more older club. Not to mention Kendrick Perkins got injured.

Even so, it doesn't matter what LA did 3 years ago. The OP clearly states who would win NOW, and I'd have to go with Miami, as their bench is more impressive, and their starting lineup is good and healthy.

Sounds like you are stating a fact??

So if their bench is better, and their starting line up is better. Then why isn't everyone predicting the Heat to win it all this year. Why is everyone saying the Lakers are the team to beat when the Heat are "so called" better?

But whatever, the Heat just added more talent to their bench, Jerry Stackhouse. Being from Wisconsin and a big Milwaukee Bucks fan (My favorite team) I love what Stack did for the Bucks. If he can contribute at the same level for the Heat, they will have a very impressive bench.

Jerry Stackhouse is a great pick up.

But still Lakers would win in 7 games, at the Staple Center.

GridironChamp
10-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Lakers have more than enough good defenders to guard the "New Big 3"

Artest, Barnes, Kobe.

James ****s on Artest every time they play and Barnes.

Kobe "can" guard Wade, but just like when James n Kobe cover each other they
will always still score. Barnes cant hold Wade either.

Pau is only iffy on defense, and as of right now Odom would be on Bosh?? Can you
say career day??

Kno-Sean
10-24-2010, 01:15 PM
James ****s on Artest every time they play and Barnes.

Kobe "can" guard Wade, but just like when James n Kobe cover each other they
will always still score. Barnes cant hold Wade either.

Pau is only iffy on defense, and as of right now Odom would be on Bosh?? Can you
say career day??

Heat don't have anyone to guard Kobe, Pau, or even Bynum. So it's not like any of the stars will be shut down completely.

I'm just saying the Lakers have the defenders to be able to hold their own defensively at least.

Amari24
10-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Sounds like you are stating a fact??

So if their bench is better, and their starting line up is better. Then why isn't everyone predicting the Heat to win it all this year. Why is everyone saying the Lakers are the team to beat when the Heat are "so called" better?

But whatever, the Heat just added more talent to their bench, Jerry Stackhouse. Being from Wisconsin and a big Milwaukee Bucks fan (My favorite team) I love what Stack did for the Bucks. If he can contribute at the same level for the Heat, they will have a very impressive bench.

Jerry Stackhouse is a great pick up.

But still Lakers would win in 7 games, at the Staple Center.

No I wasn't stating that as a fact, I was giving reasons to support my claim, it's called an 'opinion'

Again... I've already stated LA IS THE TEAM TO BEAT... you clearly asked who would win NOW, and I'm saying Miami would win now because their guys are healthy, and they have good depth on their bench.

Amari24
10-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Heat don't have anyone to guard Kobe, Pau, or even Bynum. So it's not like any of the stars will be shut down completely.

I'm just saying the Lakers have the defenders to be able to hold their own defensively at least.

Wade is a good enough defender to guard Kobe. Haslem can guard Pau, Bosh has proven that he can't even slow Pau down. Meh Bynum got shut down by a 6'6" Chuck Hayes, I'm sure Miami has good enough defenders to slow him down.

GridironChamp
10-24-2010, 03:25 PM

Wade and Bron do just as good a job on Kobe as he does on them.. So I dont
get your point at all.

Bosh cant stop Pau, and Pau cant stop Bosh.

Bynum shuts himself out so I'm not worried.

Kno-Sean
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Wade and Bron do just as good a job on Kobe as he does on them.. So I dont
get your point at all.

Bosh cant stop Pau, and Pau cant stop Bosh.

Bynum shuts himself out so I'm not worried.

Bynum dominates where he needs to. Rebounding. The Lakers size and length is what wins them big games.

You are right, Wade and Bron, Kobe, Artest, Barnes. They all match up pretty well. Obviously Wade and Bron are better scorers than the last two but Kobe, Bron, and Wade are going to get theirs, but none of them are going to break out.

Chris Bosh might struggle guarding Pau.

Amari24
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Bynum dominates where he needs to. Rebounding. The Lakers size and length is what wins them big games.

You are right, Wade and Bron, Kobe, Artest, Barnes. They all match up pretty well. Obviously Wade and Bron are better scorers than the last two but Kobe, Bron, and Wade are going to get theirs, but none of them are going to break out.

Chris Bosh might struggle guarding Pau.

Bosh has always struggled against Pau, but I think Haslem can handle him.

Kno-Sean
10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Bosh has always struggled against Pau, but I think Haslem can handle him.

He's big and strong enough.

Spice 1
10-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Even though it would have been a completely different story if it was in Kobe's prime.

LMAO!!!

Anyways. I figured that LeBron and Wade would utilize the star treatment (and their versatility) to make everyone around them just good enough to dominate this year. Here's the problem: Wade has bad knees etc., and will have to play catch up this year. He hasn't had a chance to gel w/LeBron and the gang, so it's going down on the fly. None of this is cause for major alarm, but I watched a Heat preseason game a couple nights ago, and them boys looked horrible. I couldn't tell Bosh was on the court, and LeBron was going one on five. The Cavs looked better early last season w/Shaq's fat a$$ on the floor. Losing Miller is actually a pretty big deal, and until these guys show me something down the road, I can't blindly say that they'll roll the Lakers anymore. Hell, they'll have hard enough time dealing with the Boston Foulers.

And Gasol is a beast, but the refs are gunna have to start calling hooks on this guy, because it's getting a bit too obvious.

Kno-Sean
10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
LMAO!!!

Anyways. I figured that LeBron and Wade would utilize the star treatment (and their versatility) to make everyone around them just good enough to dominate this year. Here's the problem: Wade has bad knees etc., and will have to play catch up this year. He hasn't had a chance to gel w/LeBron and the gang, so it's going down on the fly. None of this is cause for major alarm, but I watched a Heat preseason game a couple nights ago, and them boys looked horrible. I couldn't tell Bosh was on the court, and LeBron was going one on five. The Cavs looked better early last season w/Shaq's fat a$$ on the floor. Losing Miller is actually a pretty big deal, and until these guys show me something down the road, I can't blindly say that they'll roll the Lakers anymore. Hell, they'll have hard enough time dealing with the Boston Foulers.

And Gasol is a beast, but the refs are gunna have to start calling hooks on this guy, because it's getting a bit too obvious.

What i was trying to say is... Everyone deserves to see a Kobe vs LeBron finals. It just would have been better a few years ago when Kobe was a little younger.

Spice 1
10-26-2010, 09:34 AM
What i was trying to say is... Everyone deserves to see a Kobe vs LeBron finals. It just would have been better a few years ago when Kobe was a little younger.

He got beat by the Suns though. I know what you're saying though. It would be nice to see a seven game series for the marbles, w/Bron and Kobe going head to head.

Kno-Sean
10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
He got beat by the Suns though. I know what you're saying though. It would be nice to see a seven game series for the marbles, w/Bron and Kobe going head to head.

He sure did :sad:

Broncoholic3233
10-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Celtics.

Heat ain't nothing, all hype. I hope Lebron sucks for the rest of his career, he deserves it, as well as being the most hated athlete. Dudes a tool.

Go Boston tonight!!!!

GO NUGGETS!!! (in general)

Amari24
10-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Heat got exposed tonight, their lack of a big man will be the reason why they won't go to the finals. I guarntee it, quote me on it, write it down, store it in a capsule. The Heat aren't going to the Finals, and even if they do, they aren't winning it.

Kno-Sean
10-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Heat got exposed tonight, their lack of a big man will be the reason why they won't go to the finals. I guarntee it, quote me on it, write it down, store it in a capsule. The Heat aren't going to the Finals, and even if they do, they aren't winning it.

I give you props on the Carlos Arroyo call. But Mario Chalmers being better than Shannon Brown? Even Arroyo better than Brown?

What can Brown do for you?

GridironChamp
10-27-2010, 11:06 AM

I will gladly take the opposite side on this for 3 reasons:

1) Bosh and Wade wont be that bad all year, the Heat will force other teams to
run with them limiting the overall use of big men.

2) Their perimeter defense will end up being stellar so the lack of interior defense
will be made up for on the outside.

3) Riley will make a move for someone before the trade deadline.

Amari24
10-27-2010, 12:36 PM
I give you props on the Carlos Arroyo call. But Mario Chalmers being better than Shannon Brown? Even Arroyo better than Brown?

What can Brown do for you?

Chalmers has been struggling to stay healthy, so there was pretty clear evidence that Arroyo would be starting. Actually I'm not even sure if he's 100% from his last ankle injury. Lets wait and see, but from what I've seen from both players over the last few years, I'd take Chalmers.

Kno-Sean
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Chalmers has been struggling to stay healthy, so there was pretty clear evidence that Arroyo would be starting. Actually I'm not even sure if he's 100% from his last ankle injury. Lets wait and see, but from what I've seen from both players over the last few years, I'd take Chalmers.

It was just an emotional response. Shannon Brown clutched up big time last night. Hit what 4 of 5 3's? Most in the 4th quarter i think.

Amari24
10-27-2010, 03:10 PM
It was just an emotional response. Shannon Brown clutched up big time last night. Hit what 4 of 5 3's? Most in the 4th quarter i think.

I didn't start watching until the end of the 4th quarter, so I didn't see much of Brown. Chalmers is also pretty clutch as well.

rst08tierney
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Lake show all the way. The machine will have a 2008 type year