PDA

View Full Version : The Official all things NCAA Basketball thread [Merged]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Broncoholic JS
10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
From the Pac-10 to the BIG XII and the Big 10 to the ACC, talk all about things NCAA Basketball here!!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrp6owETByw8Kw4TIzMKdIEGPN5OxDR qSXxONHKaMRLz1ajCM&t=1&usg=___UUUP4rcjyH8K5E61M2rAtJFUA4=

Broncoholic3233
10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!

Go Rams :sad:

Broncoholic JS
10-26-2010, 09:10 PM
GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!

Go Rams :sad:

I approve of this post!!
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_9cRD03MuVgNrFcW4NmBmkBYyMJ-sw6HPUyj1XE-0asdUWMc&t=1&usg=__y8vbHopUGj9J0WVqfOCrqgAt1aI=
GO DUKE!!

Kno-Sean
10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I approve of this post!!
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_9cRD03MuVgNrFcW4NmBmkBYyMJ-sw6HPUyj1XE-0asdUWMc&t=1&usg=__y8vbHopUGj9J0WVqfOCrqgAt1aI=
GO DUKE!!

that makes me sick.

Broncoholic3233
10-26-2010, 09:15 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:CgMv3pFg0L1lAM:http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b3/fullj.f4811578268e0cfc2628ef373b8b7d59/f4811578268e0cfc2628ef373b8b7d59-getty-.jpg&t=1

Kno-Sean
10-26-2010, 09:20 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:CgMv3pFg0L1lAM:http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b3/fullj.f4811578268e0cfc2628ef373b8b7d59/f4811578268e0cfc2628ef373b8b7d59-getty-.jpg&t=1

Visit youtube.com

Search. Why Duke Sucks Rap Song

I'd post it but it's got some curse words haha.

Kno-Sean
10-26-2010, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkLbb5Z7eic&NR=1

Broncoholic3233
11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.sportsapparelsuperstore.com/images/Duke%20Blue%20Devils.gif

Coming soon.

Rollo
11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Kentucky anyone....?

Broncoholic3233
11-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Coach K. One of the best coaches of all time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2010/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5782981

Ode to K
When Duke survived Cinderella in Lucas Oil Stadium, the achievement moved Mike Krzyzewski (4) into a new realm of the great coaches -- not just in college basketball, but in all of sports.

Sure, Krzyzewski already had his place secure in the pantheon. But now, The Minutes will argue that he stands alone behind John Wooden (5) among the best in the history of his sport and is rivaled only by Phil Jackson among the greatest coaches in all major sports over the past 25 years.

Phil has won far more titles, but he also got to coach Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. (Granted, it isn't as if Krzyzewski has ever hurt for talent at Duke.) The only other coaches in major American sports who have won four championships since 1990 are Gregg Popovich, Joe Torre and Scotty Bowman.

None of them can match Krzyzewski's seven championship-round appearances in that time, or 11 semifinal appearances. And none of them spaced out his titles the way Krzyzewski has.

What winning this most recent title did was extend K's run of rings beyond any in college basketball history. He has won titles in 1991, '92, 2001 and now 2010 -- a span of 19 years. That's dog years in college basketball.

Compare it with Wooden's compressed domination between 1964 and 1975. The other coaches who have won more than two titles also did it in a relatively narrow window of time: Adolph Rupp (6) won four from 1948 to '58; Bob Knight (7) three from 1976 to '87.

From Christian Laettner (8) in 1991 to Kyle Singler (9) in 2010, that's a quantum leap across eras during some of the most tumultuous changes the game has ever seen. Players have become less permanent, recruiting has become more complex and fan patience has dwindled. Yet none of that has been able to derail the Duke express.

In some ways the Blue Devils' program is like the famous Gothic building where they play -- untouched by time and unmarred by so-called progress. At Duke, they still trade in that quaint commodity known as seniors -- and they even tend to graduate. The game experience at Cameron Indoor Stadium remains bereft of modern arena techno-gimmicks.

And yet in other ways Duke is as modern as any program in the country. The practice facility has all the stuff recruits (and head coaches) covet. The Blue Devils' style of play allows players as much freedom and creativity as they can handle. And Krzyzewski's gold-medal work with NBA stars internationally has given the 63-year-old all the street cred he needs to continue recruiting at the highest level.

That means you can expect Krzyzewski to still be a force in the game for as long as he feels like doing it. And that absolutely includes this season, since he has the team to beat once again.

Can't wait!! Duke season tips off on Sunday!! Too bad it's during the Broncos game :( I'll just have to DVR it!

Let's GO DUKE!!!

Broncoholic JS
11-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Coach K. One of the best coaches of all time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2010/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5782981

Can't wait!! Duke season tips off on Sunday!! Too bad it's during the Broncos game :( I'll just have to DVR it!

Let's GO DUKE!!!

Whats great about being the CHAMPION is you can always see them on ESPN! I love being a Duke fan!! GO BLUE DEVILS!!

ERoyal248
11-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Go Tarheels

Screw Duke, bunch of white floppers.

Broncoholic JS
11-10-2010, 11:40 AM
For my fellow Duke fans!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/274408/

Broncoholic3233
11-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Go Tarheels

Screw Duke, bunch of white floppers.

Someone is upset they couldn't even make the NCAA championship. Someone is upset their rivals won the NCAA championship.

When you guys win it, at least we make it. :P

GO DUKE!!!

ERoyal248
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Someone is upset they couldn't even make the NCAA championship. Someone is upset their rivals won the NCAA championship.

When you guys win it, at least we make it. :P

GO DUKE!!!

Duke had probably the easiest road to the Finals. Come talk when you make an Elite 8, 2 Finals Fours within a 5 year span, and a NCAA Championship as well.

Nowhere close as tough like we had it in 08-09.

The UNC 08-09 team would destroy Duke from last year.

I'm not upset at all, it will be the last time they win it in a while.

Broncoholic3233
11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Duke had probably the easiest road to the Finals. Come talk when you make an Elite 8, 2 Finals Fours within a 5 year span, and a NCAA Championship as well.

Nowhere close as tough like we had it in 08-09.

The UNC 08-09 team would destroy Duke from last year.

I'm not upset at all, it will be the last time they win it in a while.

:laugh:

08-09 team has nothing to do with the Duke team of 09-10. Point was we won it all when you guys couldn't even make it. You guys are able to get pretty much any player you want, you should never miss it.

We'll see. I'm very confident in this years Duke team. We have some great recruits. Only ? is whether our big men will be effective enough.

CP bet? Duke advances farther in the NCAA tourney than UNC?

Broncoholic JS
11-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh, and if everyone isn't already aware we have another Shannon Sharp here in Colorado! He plays for the CU Mens team and is a beast! Just youtube search "Shannon Sharp Dunk". WOW! Excited for CU for the first time since Chauncey was here!

Broncoholic3233
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh, and if everyone isn't already aware we have another Shannon Sharp here in Colorado! He plays for the CU Mens team and is a beast! Just youtube search "Shannon Sharp Dunk". WOW! Excited for CU for the first time since Chauncey was here!

I wish I could be excited about my school....but the Rams never show any promise. :sad:

And ya, that dunk was awesome haha.

ERoyal248
11-10-2010, 07:54 PM

08-09 team has nothing to do with the Duke team of 09-10. Point was we won it all when you guys couldn't even make it. You guys are able to get pretty much any player you want, you should never miss it.

We'll see. I'm very confident in this years Duke team. We have some great recruits. Only ? is whether our big men will be effective enough.

CP bet? Duke advances farther in the NCAA tourney than UNC?

LOL, true, just saying the 09 team would murder Duke from last year.

That's my main concern with Duke. Last year they had Zoubek, Thomas, and the Plumlees as their bigs. This year they have the Plumlees, and Hairston.

Let me see how we look the first 2 or so games, and i'll get back to ya.

Broncoholic JS
11-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Duke starts out 2-0!! WOOT WOOT!!

GO BLUE DEVILS!!

Broncoholic3233
11-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Duke starts out 2-0!! WOOT WOOT!!

GO BLUE DEVILS!!

Hell yeah! Big game outta Curry tonight!

Broncoholic3233
11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
At least Duke is doing good, eh BroncoholicJS?

3-0 woo hoo :P

I'll give ya some CP, because I think we are the only Duke fans here.

InElwayWeTrust
11-23-2010, 11:09 AM
BOOOO DUKE!!!! haha. IT's all about dem' RUNNIN' REBELS!!!!!!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1990/0409_large.jpg

Broncoholic JS
11-23-2010, 09:55 PM
My Blue Devils are proving once again tonight that they are the best team in the NCAA right now!

LETS GO DUKE!!

InElwayWeTrust
11-23-2010, 10:18 PM
My Blue Devils are proving once again tonight that they are the best team in the NCAA right now!

LETS GO DUKE!!

You guys are looking good out there. My Rebels play K State later in the season in Manhattan. I can only hope we handle em' like you guys are tonight. :D

RunYouOver
11-24-2010, 12:36 AM
How do you start a thread on college basketball, and mention all the big conferences by name...but leave out by far and away every season's best conference? The Big East IS college basketball.

But that's not important here, we've got a GREAT season of college basketball underway right now.

Watch out for the A10 too, as the NCAA's fifth best conference, they could get up to five teams in the tourney this year.

Broncoholic3233
11-24-2010, 12:10 PM
How do you start a thread on college basketball, and mention all the big conferences by name...but leave out by far and away every season's best conference? The Big East IS college basketball.

But that's not important here, we've got a GREAT season of college basketball underway right now.

Watch out for the A10 too, as the NCAA's fifth best conference, they could get up to five teams in the tourney this year.

You gotta team RYO?

Broncoholic3233
11-24-2010, 12:11 PM

LETS GO DUKE!!

Amen to that. We handled them without problem last night.

I'm loving Irving and Dawkins more and more every time I watch them play.

rst08tierney
11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
im not a Duke fan but they should win it all.......again

InElwayWeTrust
11-24-2010, 06:12 PM

Nah, they are 8th. IMO

1. Big East
2. Big Ten
3. Big XII
4. ACC
5. SEC
6. Mountain West
7. Pac 10
8. Atlantic 10

RunYouOver
11-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Nah, they are 8th. IMO

1. Big East
2. Big Ten
3. Big XII
4. ACC
5. SEC
6. Mountain West
7. Pac 10
8. Atlantic 10

They probably are behind the SEC, but as far as the other two, I definitely disagree. They aren't just top-heavy. Aside from Temple (a big contender this year), Xavier (always a contender), Dayton and Richmond (both also made the tourney last year), UMass (5-0), La Salle (4-2 with losses in tight games with Baylor and Missouri, both ranked) and Rhode Island (4-2, with one of those losses being a close game against Pitt) are all also pretty impressive this year.

Compared to the MWC (with SDST, BYU and UNLV being the only real tourney contenders, and a few other good teams in Utah, Air Force and NM), and the Pac 10 with a handful of good teams...I think the A10 has a slight edge.

thatkidhunt
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!:salute:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/JaeHunt/ostate1.jpg

IA_Broncosfan53
11-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Just found this thread. I love college basketball, can not wait to discuss it with you guys. I hold season tickets at two school and watched over 100 games every year. Enjoy the tournaments and the rest of the great nonconference matchups!

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/68/DrakeBulldogs.png
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qwp4xl02sM0/TLKHlFp_U4I/AAAAAAAAAoI/dgM_ZgJvkKI/s1600/Fran+McCaffery.jpg

IA_Broncosfan53
11-25-2010, 12:31 AM
run you over, dayton did not make the tournament. struggled down the stretch with some injuries and ended up defeating UNC in MSG for the NIT title

IA_Broncosfan53
11-25-2010, 12:37 AM
How can you even consider the atlantic 14 ahead of the pac ten? do you know how BAD the bottom of that conference is? Sure Temple will be stacked, Richmond has Kevin Anderson, Rhode Island, Dayton MAYBE St. Louis with the great second half they had and Xaiver if they were healthy would vie for bids, but guys.... The bottom is garbage.

Big Ten is STACKED! Big East has very few quality teams capable of sweet 16 runs. Have you watched any ball yet? Minnesota just won a pre season tournament! Ohio St looks as tough and anyone, and although MSU suffered a setback in Maui, they always start off slow and they beat a very quality Washington team with about as good of guard play as they will face this season.

1. big 11
2. big 12
3. big east
4. sec east
5. acc
6. MWC
7. sec west
8. pac 10
9. atlantic 14
10. WCC/WAC/MVC

Kno-Sean
11-25-2010, 09:13 PM
How can you even consider the atlantic 14 ahead of the pac ten? do you know how BAD the bottom of that conference is? Sure Temple will be stacked, Richmond has Kevin Anderson, Rhode Island, Dayton MAYBE St. Louis with the great second half they had and Xaiver if they were healthy would vie for bids, but guys.... The bottom is garbage.

Big Ten is STACKED! Big East has very few quality teams capable of sweet 16 runs. Have you watched any ball yet? Minnesota just won a pre season tournament! Ohio St looks as tough and anyone, and although MSU suffered a setback in Maui, they always start off slow and they beat a very quality Washington team with about as good of guard play as they will face this season.

1. big 11
2. big 12
3. big east
4. sec east
5. acc
6. MWC
7. sec west
8. pac 10
9. atlantic 14
10. WCC/WAC/MVC

Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

RunYouOver
11-25-2010, 09:16 PM

1. big 11
2. big 12
3. big east
4. sec east
5. acc
6. MWC
7. sec west
8. pac 10
9. atlantic 14
10. WCC/WAC/MVC

Call the conferences by their actual names, it makes more sense ;)

Either way, I can tell you the bottom of that conference is not much worse than the bottom of the Pac 10, and certainly much better than the MWC.

Pac-10's bottom is probably a little better, but aside from Fordham (who are miserable), there's no team that isn't at least a little competitive. Charlotte is off to a slow start, but St Joe's has looked alright, La Salle and Rhode Island have both been very impressive against tough competition so far, GW has been decent, UMass is 5-0 with a young, up-and-coming team, Dayton is looking great, Temple is strong, Xavier's had the best recruiting classes outside the BCS conferences and is looking like a tourney threat again...

Wyoming and TCU are both pretty bad...TCU's looked awful against the A10 head-to-head this year.

I guess wait and see...I think you'll be surprised.

InElwayWeTrust
11-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Call the conferences by their actual names, it makes more sense ;)

Either way, I can tell you the bottom of that conference is not much worse than the bottom of the Pac 10, and certainly much better than the MWC.

Pac-10's bottom is probably a little better, but aside from Fordham (who are miserable), there's no team that isn't at least a little competitive. Charlotte is off to a slow start, but St Joe's has looked alright, La Salle and Rhode Island have both been very impressive against tough competition so far, GW has been decent, UMass is 5-0 with a young, up-and-coming team, Dayton is looking great, Temple is strong, Xavier's had the best recruiting classes outside the BCS conferences and is looking like a tourney threat again...

Wyoming and TCU are both pretty bad...TCU's looked awful against the A10 head-to-head this year.

I guess wait and see...I think you'll be surprised.

MWC might be a little top heavy, but they have 4 teams that will be in the top 25 for pretty much the whole season. The A10 has 1 in Temple, maybe another if Xavier can play better but they have no chance at having 4 teams in the top 25 at any point, let alone the majority of the season.

RunYouOver
11-26-2010, 02:04 PM
MWC might be a little top heavy, but they have 4 teams that will be in the top 25 for pretty much the whole season. The A10 has 1 in Temple, maybe another if Xavier can play better but they have no chance at having 4 teams in the top 25 at any point, let alone the majority of the season.

I can see San Diego State in the top 25 for the whole season, and UNLV has looked great, but other than that there top is pretty similar to the A10s. BYU has dominated terrible teams so far, and played close against the one somewhat decent team they've played. Air Force also hasn't played anyone decent, and even lost to Colorado College.

Temple actually had a setback against a good Cal team yesterday, but I'd say Temple and San Diego State are about even, UNLV is probably a little ahead of Xavier, BYU and Dayton are about equal. Then it favors the A10 from there on out...Richmond is better than Air Force, UMass, Rhode Island, La Salle are better than Cstate, Utah, New Mexico and TCU...

I don't know, it's close...but I think the A10 has a greater chance of having 4 teams in the top 25 at one point than the MWC (neither conference will have four though).

InElwayWeTrust
11-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Not sure why you're putting Air Force above New Mexico? Maybe you're not but that's what I get from your posts. New Mexico was one of if not the best team in the conference last year and they will be good again this year. I agree that it is close though. I will also admit that I am probably being a slight homer due to me attending UNLV :D.

BTW, UNLV is in the Championship Game of the 76 Classic Tourney tomorrow night vs Virginia Tech. GO REBELS!!!!!!

We have looked great so far, we have beaten 2 good teams in Wisconsin and Murray State, and the other 3 teams we played we absolutely stomped the tar out of em'. Our depth in the backcourt is UNREAL. We need it too because of our 40 minute press defense, but it really is crazy how deep we are at the guards. It is so deep that our 1st team All MWC SG Tre'von Willis isn't even starting right now. We have Oscar Belfield (teams best passer) starting at point, with Anthony Marshall (a friend of mine, we went to highschool together) at the 2. Then we have Trevon Willis, Derrick Jasper, Anthony Hawkins, all playing significant time off the bench. And our new international student Karam Mashour is trying to find minutes. He will be a star in the future but is having a hard time getting minutes right now. It is good to know that we will almost ALWAYS have fresher legs than the opponents, hopefully we can take advantage of it. Oh yeah and once again....
GO REBELS!!!!

RunYouOver
11-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Not sure why you're putting Air Force above New Mexico? Maybe you're not but that's what I get from your posts. New Mexico was one of if not the best team in the conference last year and they will be good again this year. I agree that it is close though. I will also admit that I am probably being a slight homer due to me attending UNLV :D.

BTW, UNLV is in the Championship Game of the 76 Classic Tourney tomorrow night vs Virginia Tech. GO REBELS!!!!!!

We have looked great so far, we have beaten 2 good teams in Wisconsin and Murray State, and the other 3 teams we played we absolutely stomped the tar out of em'. Our depth in the backcourt is UNREAL. We need it too because of our 40 minute press defense, but it really is crazy how deep we are at the guards. It is so deep that our 1st team All MWC SG Tre'von Willis isn't even starting right now. We have Oscar Belfield (teams best passer) starting at point, with Anthony Marshall (a friend of mine, we went to highschool together) at the 2. Then we have Trevon Willis, Derrick Jasper, Anthony Hawkins, all playing significant time off the bench. And our new international student Karam Mashour is trying to find minutes. He will be a star in the future but is having a hard time getting minutes right now. It is good to know that we will almost ALWAYS have fresher legs than the opponents, hopefully we can take advantage of it. Oh yeah and once again....
GO REBELS!!!!

Yeah, UNLV has looked VERY good so far. I sensed there might have been some bias, and there's probably some on my end too...they're pretty close either way.

Dayton got embarrassed tonight, but then Richmond knocked off #8 Purdue. Like I said...Dayton, Temple, Xavier, Richmond, Rhode Island, UMass...even St Joes knocked off Rutgers...the A10's pretty deep ;)

InElwayWeTrust
11-28-2010, 09:17 PM
UNLV dominated the Hokies throughout for the 76 Classic Tournament Championship!!! That's right!! ACC ain't got nothin on us!!! j/k haha! We looked awesome tonight though, GO REBELS!!! :D

RunYouOver
11-28-2010, 10:39 PM
UNLV dominated the Hokies throughout for the 76 Classic Tournament Championship!!! That's right!! ACC ain't got nothin on us!!! j/k haha! We looked awesome tonight though, GO REBELS!!! :D

Congrats on the win :salute:

Broncoholic3233
12-01-2010, 08:40 PM
What a great college basketball game. Lovin' it.

Kyrie Irving is an absolute terror. Love this kid!

GO DUKE!!!!

InElwayWeTrust
12-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Yea, Duke is lookin good so far. You're the #1 team in the country without a doubt. It should be fun to see what happens in conference play though.

P.S. UNLV won again tonight. Nothing special but we manhandled a solid Illinois State team by 31 on the road so I'll take it.

7-0 baby!! :D

RunYouOver
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Yea, Duke is lookin good so far. You're the #1 team in the country without a doubt. It should be fun to see what happens in conference play though.

P.S. UNLV won again tonight. Nothing special but we manhandled a solid Illinois State team by 31 on the road so I'll take it.

7-0 baby!! :D

Duke is very, very impressive. Kyrie is ridiculously good.

A10 sucked tonight, so I'll give the MWC the edge for now. Only undefeated left is UMass at 7-0

Broncoholic JS
12-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Duke still proving why they are number 1!!! KEEP IT UP BOYS!!

GO DUKE!!

InElwayWeTrust
12-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Last night UNLV smashed our most hated rivals UNR to go to 8-0!! Go REBELS!!! :D

Hoserman117
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Go Longhorns!11!!!!!1!!!1111!

ERoyal248
12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Go Tarheels.

Huge win over Kentucky..

Broncoholic3233
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Go Tarheels.

Huge win over Kentucky..

Yeah, that was impressive. :sick:

InElwayWeTrust
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
UNLV is ranked at 19th now, still undefeated at 8-0, and playing Boise State (6-1) tonight.

GO REBELS!!! http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley.jpg

Broncoholic3233
12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/teamphotos/ncaab/20100405/NCAA_Final_Four_Butler_Duke_Basketball.sff_44268_g ame.jpg

Repeat? I think it is a very legit possibility...

With the emergence of Andre Dawkins and the stud rookie in Kyrie, I think this squad is better than last years. Obviously Scheyer is missed greatly, but man have these two filled in nicely.

9-0.

Coach K #3 on the All Time Wins list now.....3 more to go until he is #2!!

GO DUKE!

ERoyal248
12-09-2010, 03:22 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/teamphotos/ncaab/20100405/NCAA_Final_Four_Butler_Duke_Basketball.sff_44268_g ame.jpg

Repeat? I think it is a very legit possibility...

With the emergence of Andre Dawkins and the stud rookie in Kyrie, I think this squad is better than last years. Obviously Scheyer is missed greatly, but man have these two filled in nicely.

9-0.

Coach K #3 on the All Time Wins list now.....3 more to go until he is #2!!

GO DUKE!

Kyrie is certainly a big blow, could hurt depending how long he's out for. He was playing at an extremly high level before his injury.

Broncoholic3233
12-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Kyrie is certainly a big blow, could hurt depending how long he's out for. He was playing at an extremly high level before his injury.

As of today, sounds like there is the possibility it could end his season. That would hurt BADLY....but hopefully if thats the case Dawkins steps up like last night and Curry begins to be a bigger impact. I have faith Nolan can lead the offense by himself, if that is the case.

ERoyal248
12-09-2010, 07:04 PM
As of today, sounds like there is the possibility it could end his season. That would hurt BADLY....but hopefully if thats the case Dawkins steps up like last night and Curry begins to be a bigger impact. I have faith Nolan can lead the offense by himself, if that is the case.

Yeah, i saw that today on yahoo when i was checking my fantasy team. Don't wish for injuries, so i hope he comes back except when Duke plays UNC.

And i'm not sure, Dawkins would be a big loss for the bench if he has to start the rest of the season.

ERoyal248
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Situation not looking good and I'm not feeling good...smh worst thing ever

http://twitter.com/kyrieirving

Irving tweeted that, he was playing at such a high level, would be a huge blow if he's out for the season.

acstyle
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
The University of Northern Iowa lost a lot of starters, but we shook up the brackets last year! Go Panthers!

IA_Broncosfan53
01-04-2011, 12:03 AM
UNI sucks. two straight loses in Valley play!

Bump this thread. Im going to the Iowa Ohio St game tomorrow (one of the sad saps whos had season tickets during Iowas terrrrrrrible seasons). Looking forward to watching what I think is the best team in the country. Will report back.

IA_Broncosfan53
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I was impressed with OSU, their length makes passing throw traffic difficult, but they are beatable by a team that runs. They were really winded when we ran up and down the floor in the first half. Unfortunately Iowa is so young we hit a wall like every game and they went on a 16-0 run. Iowa only lost by 5, and I was happy with the end result. Iowa is getting better, and I would do just about anything for them to get back to the NCAA tournament next year.

InElwayWeTrust
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
#25 UNLV plays #15 BYU tonight at the Mack!!! Hopefully we can smash the Cougars again for a huge win! We own them here in Vegas, so we should handle em'. Then a win against TCU on Saturday should set up the huge game vs #6 SDSU..

GO REBELS!!! http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley.jpghttp://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley.jpghttp://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley.jpg

Broncoholic JS
01-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Come on Duke!!! Please?

k thanks!

Ohio Broncos
01-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Georgetown really sucks right now. That is all. :sad:

Broncoholic JS
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Come on Buffs!!!!

Broncoholic JS
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I hate you Florida State! COME ON DUKE!! At least the Buffs are winning!! GO BUFFS! GO DUKE!

You know the highlight of FSUs season will be beating Duke at Home. Well the highlight of ours will be winning a National Championship come March, while the Seminoles are at home watching the tourney. That is all.

DiversityA
01-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Big win for CU!!! The Tourney is looking very possible now!

Broncoholic3233
01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Tough loss.

Ugh :ugh:

FSU acted like the just won the National Championship, that gave me some laughs.

We will kill FSU next time and we are on the verge of a back to back!

GO DUKE

Broncoholic JS
01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
CU has received votes on the national poll!!

Keep up the good work boys!!

GO BUFFS!!

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 04:10 PM
18-1 for the Blue Devils.

Great win today. Ryan Kelley had a career game, perfect from the field 6-6, 4-4 from 3 point land and 4-4 in free throws with a total of 20 points and 6 rebounds. Love how ever since Kyrie went out, a new person will step up each week from the bench.

Dropping to #5 at 18-1 in my opinion is complete bull, but maybe after these last two wins we will be back at #2 or #3.

GO DUKE!!! Back2Back!
---------------------------

Big game for my Rams today too against BYU at home. Think it will be the first time we have sold out in 8 years. 13-5 Rams basketball team is really good, at least we have one sport we can look forward too some what.

GO RAMS!!

-----------------
#11 Texas just beat #2 KU at home ending their 69 game win streak at home.

Duke should jump them this week in the polls.

ERoyal248
01-22-2011, 04:16 PM
After 3 games in 6 days, UNC went 2-1, should of went 3-0, Georgia Tech is horrible.

Seems like every team has career games against UNC especially at UNC, oh well.

At Miami on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Kansas loses a game at Kansas for the first time in a LONG time.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 04:18 PM
After 3 games in 6 days, UNC went 2-1, should of went 3-0, Georgia Tech is horrible.

Seems like every team has career games against UNC especially at UNC, oh well.

At Miami on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Kansas loses a game at Kansas for the first time in a LONG time.

Yup. Just updated my post to include that once it became final. Good for Duke.

Not gonna lie, it is awesome when UNC sucks as a Duke fan, but it is a lot funner when the Duke and UNC games mean a lot more. As in like #1 Duke vs #2 UNC is funner than #3 Duke and UNC.

ERoyal248
01-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Yup. Just updated my post to include that once it became final. Good for Duke.

Not gonna lie, it is awesome when UNC sucks as a Duke fan, but it is a lot funner when the Duke and UNC games mean a lot more. As in like #1 Duke vs #2 UNC is funner than #3 Duke and UNC.

LOL, don't get used to it.

FINALLY Roy put Marshall in the starting lineup. He's the best pure PG we've had under Roy. Amazing court vision and passing ability, teammates praise him a lot. Had 9 points, 9 assists, 3 steals in the win at VT and a solid game against Clemson.

The tides will turn once Smith and Singler leave, and hopefully Irving follows, he's too good to be on Duke.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 05:19 PM
LOL, don't get used to it.

FINALLY Roy put Marshall in the starting lineup. He's the best pure PG we've had under Roy. Amazing court vision and passing ability, teammates praise him a lot. Had 9 points, 9 assists, 3 steals in the win at VT and a solid game against Clemson.

The tides will turn once Smith and Singler leave, and hopefully Irving follows, he's too good to be on Duke.

Doubt it.

Kyrie will at least play his sophmore year due to his injury, and most Duke players don't leave until they graduate, some leave their junior season. I hope he at least stays until he is a junior, but he is a rare talent.

Then we have Dawkins and Curry both good players who are on the bench now because of our depth. Then we will have the 3 Plumlee brothers and Ryan Kelley.

I still see us being a top 5 - top 10 team for at least another 4-5 years, probably longer.

Amari24
01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Doubt it.

Kyrie will at least play his sophmore year due to his injury, and most Duke players don't leave until they graduate, some leave their junior season. I hope he at least stays until he is a junior, but he is a rare talent.

Then we have Dawkins and Curry both good players who are on the bench now because of our depth. Then we will have the 3 Plumlee brothers and Ryan Kelley.

I still see us being a top 5 - top 10 team for at least another 4-5 years, probably longer.

Duke will be a top 5-10 team as long as Coach K is there. Once he leaves, then it could be a different story.

ERoyal248
01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Doubt it.

I don't know, once he comes back, and shows he's back, i could see him go pro. He's right now a Top 5 pick. We'll see though, i say he goes pro.

Losing Singler and Smith is a big blow, i doubt Duke is Top 5-10 next year losing both of them. Look what happened to UNC when we lost Lawson, Ellington, Green, Hans, Thompson, and others.

Broncoholic3233
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know, once he comes back, and shows he's back, i could see him go pro. He's right now a Top 5 pick. We'll see though, i say he goes pro.

Losing Singler and Smith is a big blow, i doubt Duke is Top 5-10 next year losing both of them. Look what happened to UNC when we lost Lawson, Ellington, Green, Hans, Thompson, and others.

Yeah, it will hurt, I just think we have enough to still be at the very least in the top 25 and like Amari said, with Coach K, we should be safe.

ERoyal248
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Harrison Barnes is clutch.

That is all.

Atwnbroncfan
01-29-2011, 05:57 PM
No magic from the Jimmer today. Plus a big win from CSU! :rockon:

Bring on SDSU Wednesday, lets pack Moby.

Broncoholic3233
01-29-2011, 06:19 PM
No magic from the Jimmer today. Plus a big win from CSU! :rockon:

Bring on SDSU Wednesday, lets pack Moby.

Absolutely can't wait! Its fun having a sports team that is pretty good :laugh:

GO DUKE tomorrow too!!

Atwnbroncfan
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM

GO DUKE tomorrow too!!

Its certainly not coming from the football team :laugh:. Although I suspect that will improve too, we got a lot of young talent on that team.

ERoyal248
01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Nice win for UNC today.

Harrison finally put together a complete game, hopefully he gets it going more consistently now.

We play Duke soon, that should be fun.

ERoyal248
01-30-2011, 12:52 PM

GO DUKE tomorrow too!!

Wow, Duke getting steamrolled, didn't see that coming.

Broncoholic3233
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Wow, Duke getting steamrolled, didn't see that coming.

Yeah....I'm shocked. We just can't do anything right today, and Saint John's is just frankly playing lights out.

Sucks...we'll be extra pissed our next few games though at least, I hope..

Atwnbroncfan
01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6073538

CSU's Andy Ogide is up for this weeks impact performance award for his play yesterday against Utah. He was a beast including 3 of 4 from down town. He carried the rams on his back. Lets hope the Rams knock off SDSU wednesday, I think we have a better shot since we dont have to deal with the Jimmer. :salute:

By the way, yikes Duke. This was the week some good teams stubbed their toe.

ERoyal248
02-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Great win by UNC tonight, Barnes has really came along nicely these past 2 games.

Hopefully we beat FSU on Sunday and are 7-1 in the ACC heading into Hansbrough Indoor.

Broncoholic3233
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Great win by UNC tonight, Barnes has really came along nicely these past 2 games.

Hopefully we beat FSU on Sunday and are 7-1 in the ACC heading into Hansbrough Indoor.

FSU is harder than they look apparently. :mad:

But Duke really, really, really needs to have a great convincing win tomorrow night.

Also.....GO RAMS!!!

ERoyal248
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
FSU is harder than they look apparently. :mad:

But Duke really, really, really needs to have a great convincing win tomorrow night.

Also.....GO RAMS!!!

Depends which team shows up, they didn't look so hot against Clemson. So they'll probably hit 10+ 3's like every team does for some reason against UNC.

Nah, Duke needs to lose tommorow :D

Atwnbroncfan
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Also.....GO RAMS!!!

:rockon:..........Moby gonna be rocking. Got my ticket today.

Broncoholic3233
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
:rockon:..........Moby gonna be rocking. Got my ticket today.

Absolutely, should be fun.

InElwayWeTrust
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Also.....GO RAMS!!!

I can't believe my Rebels lost to CSU.... :(

That's alright! We will smash em' in Moby on the 19th. :D http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley-1.jpg

Broncoholic3233
02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I can't believe my Rebels lost to CSU.... :(

That's alright! We will smash em' in Moby on the 19th. :D http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley-1.jpg

Liar! SWEEP!

BVP
02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Absolutely, should be fun.

I'm Proud, To Be, A CSU Ram! :rockon: Can't wait! Upset special tonight in Fort Collins, CO!

Broncoholic3233
02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
HEART BROKEN Rams fan :sad:

At least Duke won....

Atwnbroncfan
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Free throws, and travis franklin killed us.

BVP
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Free throws, and travis franklin killed us.

Just like every game. Free Throws. We make them and we win. Simple enough.

Broncoholic3233
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6089805

In a jarring February development, North Carolina point guard Larry Drew II has left the Tar Heels team and will transfer, according to a source close to the situation.

The source also said North Carolina's coaches were aware of Drew's decision.

Drew essentially has shared the point guard position this season with freshman Kendall Marshall; he lost the starting role to Marshall in mid-January.

As a result, Drew's playing time, scoring and assists have dropped from last season -- minutes down from 28.8 to 22.8 per game; scoring from 8.5 points to 4.4; and assists from 5.9 to 3.9.

However, he's had some of his better floor games in the Tar Heels' past three games, all victories, racking up 19 assists and only two turnovers while playing fewer minutes than Marshall.

Drew, the son of Atlanta Hawks coach Larry Drew, was a lightning rod for fan criticism last year, when the Tar Heels failed to earn an NCAA tournament berth.

If he transfers to another Division I school, Drew will have to sit out a year, and he would have one season of eligibility remaining.

North Carolina is 16-5 overall, and 6-1 in the ACC, in second place behind Duke. It is on the verge of re-entering the ESPN/USA Today coaches' top 25 after being ranked ninth in the preseason. The Tar Heels are tied for 23rd in The Associated Press media poll.

What do you think ERoyal? I don't know enough about the kid, big loss?

ERoyal248
02-04-2011, 10:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6089805

What do you think ERoyal? I don't know enough about the kid, big loss?

No, not a BIG loss, but ever since Kendall has taken over the team has played better.

I guess Dexter will play some PG.

Don't have much depth behind Kendall. But he wasn't that great at all, hopefully more minutes for Kendall.

Wish Larry the best.

Broncoholic JS
02-05-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2011/02/04

hahahahahah is all I have to say about this

ERoyal248
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Great win by the Heels today.

89-69 UNC.

Kendall with 9 points, 16 assists, and only 2 turnovers.

Here we come Duke....

Broncoholic3233
02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Great win by the Heels today.

89-69 UNC.

Kendall with 9 points, 16 assists, and only 2 turnovers.

Here we come Duke....

You are going to be disappointed :D

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Duke vs UNC time......

GO BLUE DEVILS!

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 07:53 PM
We'll we didn't show up tonight....this sucks.....

Guess UNC didn't wanna get beat by 30 again either.......

Broncoholic JS
02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh M Gee!!!!!

GO DUKE!!!!

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 09:12 PM
WOW. What a comeback!!!

Love this rivalry!

Nolan Smith - Best player in the ACC

Wow....GO BLUE DEVILS!!!

What a win!

33 STRAIGHT Home WINS!!! CAMERON INDOOR!

RunYouOver
02-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Moneyline on UNC was +375 :ugh:

UNC was +10 though against them. :thumb:

Fantastic game.

ERoyal248
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
WOW. What a comeback!!!

Love this rivalry!

Nolan Smith - Best player in the ACC

Wow....GO BLUE DEVILS!!!

What a win!

33 STRAIGHT Home WINS!!! CAMERON INDOOR!

Congrats on the win, UNC was ice cold in the 2nd half. Ours bigs dominated the Duke bigs who are so overrated. Marshall has impressive court vision for a freshman, offensive game needs some work. I think if we had Drew, we may have won, he would of done a better job on Smith.

Refs were bad too, Duke's side as always. It was mostly the fact that they let Mason Plumlee barrel people over inside and Singler hold Barnes in the second half. Add in the flops early in the game called on Strickland.

We'll get ya back at UNC.

Not enough experience, oh well, major progress from last season that's for sure.

Broncoholic3233
02-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Congrats on the win, UNC was ice cold in the 2nd half. Ours bigs dominated the Duke bigs who are so overrated. Marshall has impressive court vision for a freshman, offensive game needs some work. I think if we had Drew, we may have won, he would of done a better job on Smith.

Refs were bad too, Duke's side as always. It was mostly the fact that they let Mason Plumlee barrel people over inside and Singler hold Barnes in the second half. Add in the flops early in the game called on Strickland.

We'll get ya back at UNC.

Not enough experience, oh well, major progress from last season that's for sure.

Yeah, I don't think our bigs are overrated though, I never hear anyone talk them up. We lack bigs, that is our only problem. Your guys bigs dominated the entire game.

We were ice cold first half, you guys second half.

I don't know, there were some questionable calls on both sides, Duke only shot like 10 free throws, until the end, so we really weren't getting followed besides on some charges.

I think we still will win in UNC, I think we just had an off game tonight.

It'll be close, but I don't think you guys are as good as Duke yet, definitely close though, we'll see who you guys lose to the NBA for next year tho.

Thanks for the Congrats, and I look forward to the rematch. :salute:

ERoyal248
02-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I don't think our bigs are overrated though, I never hear anyone talk them up. We lack bigs, that is our only problem. Your guys bigs dominated the entire game.

We were ice cold first half, you guys second half.

I don't know, there were some questionable calls on both sides, Duke only shot like 10 free throws, until the end, so we really weren't getting followed besides on some charges.

I think we still will win in UNC, I think we just had an off game tonight.

It'll be close, but I don't think you guys are as good as Duke yet, definitely close though, we'll see who you guys lose to the NBA for next year tho.

Thanks for the Congrats, and I look forward to the rematch. :salute:

The only person i think we lose is Henson. If Zeller and Barnes leave, we're in deep crap. Duke loses Smith and Singler, and possibly Kyrie.

Oh, i don't think you win at UNC. We had a horrific night from 3, and still came close to winning in Hansbrough Indoor. The crowd played a huge role, and we've had some good games at home. And Duke wouldn't miss in the 2nd half.

And Barnes/Singler took each other out of the game. Amazing defense from Barnes on Singler.

We're too inexperienced to be as good as Duke, and IF everyone comes back which i don't think happens, we're a top 3 team next year.

We'll see, and the game in Chapel Hill could determine the ACC depending how UNC/Duke the rest of the game. But with our inexperience, i think we'll lose a game we should win.

ERoyal248
02-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Ugly win for UNC today.

8-2 in the ACC

4 home games and 2 road games left.

Atwnbroncfan
02-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Big game for CSU last night. Magic # to lock in a NCAA Tournament bid is 5.

InElwayWeTrust
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Absolutely Gigantic Game Saturday in the MWC! This game could make or break the year for CSU and my Rebels. If the MWC gets 4 teams in then we could both get in, but if it only gets 3 teams then this game will most likely decide who gets in. Can the Rams get the sweep? Or will my Rebs win their way into the tourney again? Can't wait for the game! GO REBELS!!!!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UNLVvsCOLOST.jpg

Atwnbroncfan
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Absolutely Gigantic Game Saturday in the MWC! This game could make or break the year for CSU and my Rebels. If the MWC gets 4 teams in then we could both get in, but if it only gets 3 teams then this game will most likely decide who gets in. Can the Rams get the sweep? Or will my Rebs win their way into the tourney again? Can't wait for the game! GO REBELS!!!!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UNLVvsCOLOST.jpg

Bring it :fight:..............................:D

I expect us to win this. Tim Miles has made CSU relevant again. Hell of a coach, too bad a bigger program will come knocking on his door soon.

InElwayWeTrust
02-19-2011, 09:16 PM
U! N! L! V! Go! Fight! Win!!! haha! Good game, glad my Rebels pulled it out. Hopefully the Mountain West gets 4 teams in the Tourney and CSU gets in also.

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
U! N! L! V! Go! Fight! Win!!! haha! Good game, glad my Rebels pulled it out. Hopefully the Mountain West gets 4 teams in the Tourney and CSU gets in also.

I still bet we get in over UNLV. Just a hunch.

We'll see. I'd be cool to have 4, but the chances of that are, well, slim.

Congrats on the W tho...

InElwayWeTrust
02-20-2011, 09:14 AM
No way CSU gets in over UNLV unless they bea BYU, and probably SDSU too. We played a bunch of good teams out of conference games. Wisconsin, KState, Louisville. Who did CSU play? I think we might both get in but if its only 1, i think we clinced it last night.

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2011, 11:50 AM
No way CSU gets in over UNLV unless they bea BYU, and probably SDSU too. We played a bunch of good teams out of conference games. Wisconsin, KState, Louisville. Who did CSU play? I think we might both get in but if its only 1, i think we clinced it last night.

Colorado, #4 KU to name the ones off of the top of my head.

Plus we still have a better conference record.

But we finish against two top 8 schools, where as you guys have a cake walk....

So we'll see....

InElwayWeTrust
02-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Colorado, #4 KU to name the ones off of the top of my head.

Plus we still have a better conference record.

But we finish against two top 8 schools, where as you guys have a cake walk....

So we'll see....

Yea, the way CSU finishes will have a big impact on it, but I think we will finish either ahead, or tied in the Conference standings. And as of right now we are 26th in RPI, and CSU is 47th...

Good teams we beat in Non Conference:
- #10 Wisconsin 20-6 (#25 when we played them)
- Murray State 21-7 (1st place in Ohio Valley)
- Virginia Tech 17-8
- Kansas State 18-9 (#11 when we played them)

CSU:

I'm just sayin man... I really hope CSU makes it also. The MWC is the 4th best conference in the country (better than ACC) and SHOULD get 4 teams in. I will be mad if we don't.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
New Braketology just came out. As usual the Rebels get stuck in the tough 8 seed... Don't get me wrong, I am happy that we are gonna make the tourney, but it seems like this happens EVERY SINGLE SEASON! We get put in the 8 v. 9 game every year, and then have to go up against the 1 seed in Rnd2. I wish we could get a 6 seed, or heck even an 11 seed...:D

My hope is we knock off either BYU, SDSU, or both in the Conference Tourney and can move into that 6 seed.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Duke returns to number 1, where we belong!!

Atwnbroncfan
02-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Come on RAMS

InElwayWeTrust
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Huge win for my Rebels last night in OT in New Mexico!!!! We have sole posession of 3rd place in the MWC now. As long as we close out the season without losing (shouldn't be to hard given our opponents) we should get a pretty good seed in the tourney.

ERoyal248
02-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Down goes Duke.

UNC wins their next 3 games, we're the ACC CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

themadfanatic
02-26-2011, 09:24 PM
That duke game was great curry was overwhelmed. Nolan smith,jimmer, and uconns own kemba walker r the best players in the country. NDs top ten in basketball? I don't root for their basketball team UCONN baby and then DUKE. Colorado knocked off texas that's good for my denver fans right

themadfanatic
02-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Why can't ND b top ten in football smh

MoonDoy
02-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Great win the for the Hokies, hopefully we are off the bubble?

Broncoholic JS
02-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Down goes Duke.

UNC wins their next 3 games, we're the ACC CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

REGULAR season, lol

When we get to the ACC tournament thats when the Blue Devils step it up and the Tar Heels suck it up! LOL

GO DUKE!!!!

Broncoholic3233
02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
REGULAR season, lol

When we get to the ACC tournament thats when the Blue Devils step it up and the Tar Heels suck it up! LOL

GO DUKE!!!!

QFT.

Casey is delusional when it comes to UNC basketball :P

Atwnbroncfan
03-01-2011, 06:51 PM
North Carolina loses Bullock to a knee injury

BYU loses Davies to uh, violation of the honor code. He was probably corrupting all the good mormon girls lol That school is just weird, the fans, and how the school operates, just weird.

ERoyal248
03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
REGULAR season, lol

GO DUKE!!!!

LOL, after last season, i'll take it.

And ACC Tournament is overrated, UNC doesn't seem to do well in it. When we won the title in 05 and 09, we lost in the ACC Tourny.

ERoyal248
03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
North Carolina loses Bullock to a knee injury

BYU loses Davies to uh, violation of the honor code. He was probably corrupting all the good mormon girls lol That school is just weird, the fans, and how the school operates, just weird.

Eh, i don't know if that's good or bad. Bullock has been pretty bad lately, he's been having a knee problem all year.

The good: More minutes for Barnes and McDonald.

The bad: Not much depth now.

ERoyal248
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM

That is all.

Atwnbroncfan
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM

That is all.

I didnt even know he played till today. Good shot, but he needs to show up. Been non-exsistent this year. Overhyped? Thus far, yes.

ERoyal248
03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I didnt even know he played till today. Good shot, but he needs to show up. Been non-exsistent this year. Overhyped? Thus far, yes.

I mean he's clutch at end of games, he's hit so many big shots late in games.

Tied the Texas game with a 3.
GW against Miami.
GW against FSU.
Two huge 3's against VT.
Hit the dagger against NC State.

And many, many others.

He has that clutch gene in him, some have it, some don't. But it would be cool if he could be like this all game, and not just at end of games.

Atwnbroncfan
03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I mean he's clutch at end of games, he's hit so many big shots late in games.

Tied the Texas game with a 3.
GW against Miami.
GW against FSU.
Two huge 3's against VT.
Hit the dagger against NC State.

And many, many others.

He has that clutch gene in him, some have it, some don't. But it would be cool if he could be like this all game, and not just at end of games.

He should have that clutch gene with all the physical talent he has. I hope he does well. Ive been high on him since he went to college. I want my Nuggs to draft him.

ERoyal248
03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
He should have that clutch gene with all the physical talent he has. I hope he does well. Ive been high on him since he went to college. I want my Nuggs to draft him.

LeBron as good as he is doesn't have it. He hasn't made many GW's in his career at all.

I don't think he comes out this year, he's talked about winning a NCAA title when he got here. I think he at least comes back next year.

Atwnbroncfan
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
LeBron as good as he is doesn't have it. He hasn't made many GW's in his career at all.

I don't think he comes out this year, he's talked about winning a NCAA title when he got here. I think he at least comes back next year.

Yea im pretty sure he stays at least one more season. He aint ready for the pros. Plus with the CBA problems I don't see many underclassmen leaving anyways.

Broncoholic3233
03-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Duke win.

Ramies win.

BYU getting smoked by UNM :laugh:

Southstander
03-02-2011, 09:42 PM
I do not follow NCAA basketball that much, but I do respect Coach Wooden. I love the fact. His Great Grandson scored the last bucket at his old arena.

Atwnbroncfan
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Duke win.

Ramies win.

BYU getting smoked by UNM :laugh:

This BYU suspension working perfect for rams. IF we can get past UNM in the first round of the confrence tourny we get BYU round 2. Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, let alone without your 2nd best player that 3rd time. Then we'll play SDSU we can hang with them. CSU got a great shot at winning the confrence tourny.

Broncoholic3233
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
This BYU suspension working perfect for rams. IF we can get past UNM in the first round of the confrence tourny we get BYU round 2. Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, let alone without your 2nd best player that 3rd time. Then we'll play SDSU we can hang with them. CSU got a great shot at winning the confrence tourny.

I hope. We really do have a good enough team to at least compete with the best.

We'll see how we fare in our next game.

InElwayWeTrust
03-03-2011, 02:19 AM

Until they play UNLV, haha. We are gonna close out the season on a 5 game winning streak with a win vs Utah on Saturday. We are already a lock for the Tourney but I think we gotta win the MWC tourney to move up to a 6 seed. If we can do that, I can see us getting to the second weekend depending on the match-ups.

The way I see the MWC tourney going is something like-

1st RND
1 SDSU over 8 Wyoming (SDSU beat them twice by a total of 66 pts, no brainer)
2 BYU over 7 Utah (Again a no brainer, even without Davies)
3 UNLV over 6 Air Force (Rebels have handled them easily the first 2 times)
5 CSU over 4 New Mexico (New Mexico just isn't the same when it isn't in the P2it)

Semi-finals
5 CSU over 1 SDSU (Colo St has much more to play for, and will come out 110%)
3 UNLV over 2 BYU (Another upset as the 2 powerhouses go down. BYU will be playing in the Thomas & Mack without their 2nd best player, Rebs take it.)

MWC Championship
3 UNLV over 5 CSU

Of course I'm gonna pick my Rebels! :D

You guys beat us at the Mack one time to many this year, it won't happen again.

If that happens, then the MWC should get 4 teams without question. The east-coast bias committee might find a way to screw it up though...:rolleyes:

Atwnbroncfan
03-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Rams @SDSU today. Come on boys take it! Lets get this tournament bid.

Broncoholic3233
03-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Big college day today.

DUKE vs unc

CSU vs sdsu

Go Blue Devils and Rams!!

InElwayWeTrust
03-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Heartbreaking loss for CSU.... I think if you guys would have pulled that one out, you could have beat BYU and gotten in the big dance but not now... I was hoping for a UNLV-CSU final. Oh well.

Lets go REBELS tonight at 8:30!!!! Smash the Falcons!!!!http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley-1.jpghttp://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley-1.jpghttp://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/UnlvSmiley-1.jpg!!!!!

Atwnbroncfan
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Well were NIT bound. Eh oh well, lets get the NIT title lol

HurricaneDovs
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
:brick::brick::brick:

19 point lead. We blew a 19 point lead.

ERoyal248
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM

19 point lead. We blew a 19 point lead.

tarrrrrrr

heeeeeeeeeeels

:d

Broncoholic3233
03-11-2011, 01:38 PM
tarrrrrrr

heeeeeeeeeeels

Almost lost to Miami :laugh:

I smell a first round upset in your NCAA tourney appearance :smug:

ERoyal248
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Almost lost to Miami :laugh:

I smell a first round upset in your NCAA tourney appearance :smug:

Yet that same team whooped up on Duke last week.

Wouldn't surprise me, i still say Sweet 16 is as far as we'll go, but if we get lucky like Duke last year and have an easy bracket, anything can happen.

Broncoholic3233
03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah. When everything goes your way you can get a win. :smug:

Duke >>> UNC.

It's alright you guys can wipe your tears while we make another final four appearance at the least.

With Kyrie? Back to back. Shame he got hurt.

Oh well...

ERoyal248
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah. When everything goes your way you can get a win. :smug:

Duke >>> UNC.

It's alright you guys can wipe your tears while we make another final four appearance at the least.

With Kyrie? Back to back. Shame he got hurt.

Oh well...

You mean like how you barely beat UNC at Hansbrough Indoor while playing a perfect 2nd half?

UNC owns Duke, always have.

Unless Kyrie comes back 100% healthy, Duke isn't sniffing another Final Four. Aside from Singler who looks worn out and Smith, no one on Duke is that good. Duke's bigs are horrendous and will get dominated, they will miss Zoubek and Lance Thomas badly come NCAA Tourny time.

Broncoholic3233
03-11-2011, 02:08 PM
You mean like how you barely beat UNC at Hansbrough Indoor while playing a perfect 2nd half?

UNC owns Duke, always have.

Unless Kyrie comes back 100% healthy, Duke isn't sniffing another Final Four. Aside from Singler who looks worn out and Smith, no one on Duke is that good. Duke's bigs are horrendous and will get dominated, they will miss Zoubek and Lance Thomas badly come NCAA Tourny time.

Someone is still bitter about how we were winning the National Championship last year while you guys were in the NIT. :P

And yeah, our bigs aren't good, but Z and Thomas weren't anything special and we survived.

ERoyal248
03-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Someone is still bitter about how we were winning the National Championship last year while you guys were in the NIT. :P

And yeah, our bigs aren't good, but Z and Thomas weren't anything special and we survived.

Bitter no, we got 2 NCAA titles, 3 FF's and an E8 the past 5-6 years while Duke gets one NCAA title and a lot of early losses, not bitter at all.

And while they weren't great, they are certainly better then the crap you got now. Kelly just chucks 3's, the Plumlees have no offensive game unless they are 5 feet to the basket.

If Kyrie doesn't return, another S16 loss or 2nd round depending on the matchup.

Broncoholic3233
03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
So much for Singler being worn out.

29 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists

I'll take that any day of the week. He's just getting started.

Broncoholic JS
03-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Good run Buffs!! Hope we get a berth in the tourney!! Darn Kansas!

GO DUKE!!!

GO BUFFS!!

Broncoholic JS
03-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Current projections have UConn coming to Denver in the tourney!

HurricaneDovs
03-11-2011, 10:01 PM
tarrrrrrr

heeeeeeeeeeels

Embarassing. We had the #1 team in the ACC by the freakin BALLS, and we let em come back.

One of the main reasons Miami moved to the ACC was for basketball and we havent done crap.

Ah well. Id say VaTech has finally broken through into the Dance. Crazy ending against FSU.

InElwayWeTrust
03-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Man.... I am heartbroken. I can't believe we let that slip away... We had it and we let it go... Sad night in Vegas tonight... Oh well, we are still a lock for the NCAA. We will probably get screwed with an 8 seed like always but it should be fun.

ERoyal248
03-12-2011, 08:51 AM
So much for Singler being worn out.

29 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists

I'll take that any day of the week. He's just getting started.

He does well when he plays against played 3-4 inches shorter then him.

When he matched up against Barnes, he got locked down. If we make it to the ACC Title game, expect it to happen, again.

Hopefully Smith is ok, of all the Duke players that get hurt, he's the one who has to get hurt? Smith is the one player i don't mind, class act.

MoonDoy
03-12-2011, 09:26 AM
woooo hooo! There were some epic finishes yesterday. I love me some March Madness

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
He does well when he plays against played 3-4 inches shorter then him.

When he matched up against Barnes, he got locked down. If we make it to the ACC Title game, expect it to happen, again.

Hopefully Smith is ok, of all the Duke players that get hurt, he's the one who has to get hurt? Smith is the one player i don't mind, class act.

He is probable today, so hopefully he is close to 100%.

Not sure you'll be seeing us in the ACC Title game, seem to be having a little bit of a problem with Clemson at the moment. ;)

Just bustin' your balls Casey, gotta talk a lot of smack around this time of year :P

the0rangecrush
03-12-2011, 12:50 PM
He is probable today, so hopefully he is close to 100%.

Not sure you'll be seeing us in the ACC Title game, seem to be having a little bit of a problem with Clemson at the moment. ;)

Just bustin' your balls Casey, gotta talk a lot of smack around this time of year :P
I don't want smith to play unless he really is healthy, the last thing we need is him to be hurt during the tournament. I would only really want to see 20 minutes or so.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't want smith to play unless he really is healthy, the last thing we need is him to be hurt during the tournament. I would only really want to see 20 minutes or so.

I want him to play as little as possible, as long as we still win.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMZQioOcBXPxptA2putmiEtY0-tMjOHgBQ117rVAQxoHk2uwZ8Gw

Can UNC be any luckier this tourney?

ERoyal248
03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMZQioOcBXPxptA2putmiEtY0-tMjOHgBQ117rVAQxoHk2uwZ8Gw

Can UNC be any luckier this tourney?

Miami was luck.

Clemson game was great defense to finish and Harrison Barnes is ridiculous.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Miami was luck.

Clemson game was great defense to finish and Harrison Barnes is ridiculous.

Clemson played terrible ball to end the 2nd half. Stupid shots and weren't playing smart.

Once you got into OT, thats when you guys weren't lucky, Harrison Barnes was money and your team just really outplayed them and picked up the intensity. Great OT by UNC.

ERoyal248
03-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Clemson played terrible ball to end the 2nd half. Stupid shots and weren't playing smart.

Once you got into OT, thats when you guys weren't lucky, Harrison Barnes was money and your team just really outplayed them and picked up the intensity. Great OT by UNC.

Part of that is great defense by UNC, they buckled down.

I don't know what it is about Harrison, but the later in the game the better he gets. Just cold blooded, he's got ice in his veins.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Duke will be the ACC Title champs tomorrow at 3 ET!

:D

ERoyal248
03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Duke will be the ACC Title champs tomorrow at 3 ET!

:D

ACC regular season >>>>>>>>>> ACC Tournament

16 games is a better judgement over 3 or 4 games in a row. Unless you think Duke was the best team in the ACC in 09?

UNC played FSU twice, Clemson twice, and VT once while Duke played all 3 one time.

For the record, if UNC comes out flat again, they will not come back against Duke.

Singler and Barnes will cancel each other out, and with the way Barnes is playing, i'd give him a slight advantage right now.

Smith is gonna get his.

It's going to come down to the role players, like McDonald, Strickland, Knox for UNC and Curry, Dawkins, Kelly, etc for Duke.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 04:28 PM
ACC regular season >>>>>>>>>> ACC Tournament

16 games is a better judgement over 3 or 4 games in a row. Unless you think Duke was the best team in the ACC in 09?

UNC played FSU twice, Clemson twice, and VT once while Duke played all 3 one time.

For the record, if UNC comes out flat again, they will not come back against Duke.

Singler and Barnes will cancel each other out, and with the way Barnes is playing, i'd give him a slight advantage right now.

Smith is gonna get his.

It's going to come down to the role players, like McDonald, Strickland, Knox for UNC and Curry, Dawkins, Kelly, etc for Duke.

Say what you will. Regular season record doesn't mean jack as long as you get into the tournament.

The Seattle Supersonics had a great regular season when the Nuggets had a so so season. Yet the #8 Nuggets advanced farther then them in the playoffs and upset the #1 seed Sonics.

Obviously this is a bit different, but what really matters is tournament play, NCCA more so than ACC, but still....

ERoyal248
03-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Say what you will. Regular season record doesn't mean jack as long as you get into the tournament.

The Seattle Supersonics had a great regular season when the Nuggets had a so so season. Yet the #8 Nuggets advanced farther then them in the playoffs and upset the #1 seed Sonics.

Obviously this is a bit different, but what really matters is tournament play, NCCA more so than ACC, but still....

That's true, but the regular season means more then a tournament played for 3-4 days where if a #6-7 seed gets hot, they win, would they be the best in the ACC that year or no?

I'm talking about overall. ACC Regular season does mean more, 16 games over the same teams proves who's the better team, not a tournament where if you have one off game, you're done. I'm talking about the conference tournaments.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2011, 04:35 PM
That's true, but the regular season means more then a tournament played for 3-4 days where if a #6-7 seed gets hot, they win, would they be the best in the ACC that year or no?

I get what you are saying.

But I just don't think you guys are the best in the ACC.

I think if Duke is the better team, granted I am biased, but if you took some people who don't care about Duke or UNC I think most people would say Duke is the better team, especially if we had Kyrie. We were #1 this year of and on, never droped below 5. You guys weren't even always ranked.

But like I said I get what you are saying, but NCAA Tourney matters a lot more than regular season to me.

But we'll see tomorrow which team shows up. I hope both teams do and its good and close but who knows.

12and4
03-12-2011, 06:58 PM
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/03/12/isaiah-thomas-game-winning-buzzer-beater-with-gus-johnson-presiding/

What was better, the shot or the call?

ERoyal248
03-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I get what you are saying.

But I just don't think you guys are the best in the ACC.

I think if Duke is the better team, granted I am biased, but if you took some people who don't care about Duke or UNC I think most people would say Duke is the better team, especially if we had Kyrie. We were #1 this year of and on, never droped below 5. You guys weren't even always ranked.

But like I said I get what you are saying, but NCAA Tourney matters a lot more than regular season to me.

But we'll see tomorrow which team shows up. I hope both teams do and its good and close but who knows.

It's close, and UNC has lost Ed Davis to the NBA, the Wears transferred, Bullock is out for the year with a knee injury, Graves was dismissed, Drew left in the middle of the season.

And yes, with a healthy Kyrie, Duke is scary good.

And the ACC is weak in general, hopefully tommorow is a good one. Harrison game-winner would be nice.

ERoyal248
03-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Good game Duke.

Dex dunks on Singler, charge when he isn't in position. That play changed the game, would of been 15-10/15-11.

Refs clearly want Duke to win.

Oh well, this is why Regular season >>>>>>>>>> ACC Tournament..

One game like this proves it.

Broncoholic3233
03-13-2011, 11:12 AM

Really?

It's not like Duke is playing a great game or anything.

No, its just the refs, got it......

Broncoholic3233
03-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh also, just so you are aware.....

The foul count 4 minutes into the 2nd half is IN FAVOR OF UNC - 12 on Duke 6 on you.

c'mon man stop blaming the refs

ERoyal248
03-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh also, just so you are aware.....

The foul count 4 minutes into the 2nd half is IN FAVOR OF UNC - 12 on Duke 6 on you.

c'mon man stop blaming the refs

I just said the call on Strickland changed the game, it would of been 15-10/15-11 Duke still early in the game.

And the refs have sucked for both teams, as soon as i saw Hess was the ref, i knew Duke would win.

Oh well, good game.

Broncoholic3233
03-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I just said the call on Strickland changed the game, it would of been 15-10/15-11 Duke still early in the game.

And the refs have sucked for both teams, as soon as i saw Hess was the ref, i knew Duke would win.

Oh well, good game.

Well, if that one play changed the game and you guys couldn't recover, thats your (UNC's) problem, even thought it wasn't as big of a foul as you think.

Point is there have been questionable calls on both ends. Singler should've had one charge I remember. Then you guys should've been called basket interference on one play.

Foul count favored you guys, so I don't see how you can even mention the refs to the reason you guys lost.

We took high percentage shots and made them, and converted the steals we had.

Duke is 2-1 against UNC.
Duke finished 32-4 UNC finished 28-7.

I don't see how you can't give Duke the nod over UNC this year.

We will see in the tournament who advances farther.

Good game, Duke showed up when it matters most, tournament play, so hopefully it continues.

Even though Barnes didn't have a game changing game like the past few days, he is still a hell of a player and hit some key shots. All I know is I hope he goes pro, don't wanna see him in the future.

:salute:

ERoyal248
03-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Well, if that one play changed the game and you guys couldn't recover, thats your (UNC's) problem, even thought it wasn't as big of a foul as you think.

Point is there have been questionable calls on both ends. Singler should've had one charge I remember. Then you guys should've been called basket interference on one play.

Foul count favored you guys, so I don't see how you can even mention the refs to the reason you guys lost.

We took high percentage shots and made them, and converted the steals we had.

Duke is 2-1 against UNC.
Duke finished 32-4 UNC finished 28-7.

I don't see how you can't give Duke the nod over UNC this year.

We will see in the tournament who advances farther.

Good game, Duke showed up when it matters most, tournament play, so hopefully it continues.

Even though Barnes didn't have a game changing game like the past few days, he is still a hell of a player and hit some key shots. All I know is I hope he goes pro, don't wanna see him in the future.

:salute:

It was pretty big, but that's another story for another day.

Refs sucked on both ends, wasn't pretty.

Duke brought it from the get-go, UNC was flat again, Duke wanted it more then UNC did.

I think UNC is better talent wise, but Duke has more experience and in games like this, experience > talent.

I think this game showed Barnes needs another year, he would struggle against the likes of a LeBron James, Melo, Granger, Deng, etc, all the physical players. Singler played him well.

I think he comes back next year to make a run at an NCAA title and leaves after his sophomore year, then comes back to get his degree in the summers. Or could stay for 3 years and get his jersey hanged in the rafters. And yes, if he comes back, Duke is in trouble next year, they have no one who can guard him.

Anywho, good game and best of luck in the tourny, K will have them ready, i'm sure.

UNC showed it's youth today, i think we're a year away if everyone comes back.

Broncoholic3233
03-13-2011, 01:17 PM
It was pretty big, but that's another story for another day.

Refs sucked on both ends, wasn't pretty.

Duke brought it from the get-go, UNC was flat again, Duke wanted it more then UNC did.

I think UNC is better talent wise, but Duke has more experience and in games like this, experience > talent.

I think this game showed Barnes needs another year, he would struggle against the likes of a LeBron James, Melo, Granger, Deng, etc, all the physical players. Singler played him well.

I think he comes back next year to make a run at an NCAA title and leaves after his sophomore year, then comes back to get his degree in the summers. Or could stay for 3 years and get his jersey hanged in the rafters. And yes, if he comes back, Duke is in trouble next year, they have no one who can guard him.

Anywho, good game and best of luck in the tourny, K will have them ready, i'm sure.

UNC showed it's youth today, i think we're a year away if everyone comes back.

I can agree with that, talent and experience point.

You guys have a ton of talent, we have Singler, Smith, Curry and Dawkins who are really athletically gifted and talented. Then obviously Kyrie but he's been injured the entire year, so he doesn't count. You guys have a damn good talented roster. But yeah, we are definitely more experienced and have better leadership.

I hope Barnes leaves, projected #1, I think he will, but that is for selfish reasons why I want him gone. I really think players should be required to play 3 years in college (education is important even for athletes). But we'll see.

Good luck to you guys as well, I'd really love to play you guys for a 4th time, but doubtful.

InElwayWeTrust
03-13-2011, 03:42 PM
UNLV just got royally screwed exactly how I thought we would. The east coast bias is getting out of hand. Not just us either, Utah st as a 12 seed you have to be joking.

Broncoholic3233
03-13-2011, 03:44 PM
UNLV just got royally screwed exactly how I thought we would. The east coast bias is getting out of hand. Not just us either, Utah st as a 12 seed you have to be joking.

Your an 8 seed, you don't deserve higher than that man.....

Atwnbroncfan
03-13-2011, 03:46 PM

Don't talk about screwed until you talk to CU. I hate them, and know they got hosed.

ERoyal248
03-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Duke finally gets a tough bracket.

Tennesee as a 9 seed, Texas/Arizona as a 4/5, and UConn/SDSU as the 2/3. Pretty tough.

BVP
03-13-2011, 03:55 PM
As a CSU fan... I am furious about CU not getting in and UNC having to play San Diego State. Another year, and our state gets screwed by the East Coast.

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-13-2011, 03:56 PM
UNC/DUKE -> Winner goes to national championship game

HurricaneDovs
03-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Virginia Tech just cant get over the hump. I thought they had it for sure this year.

Broncoholic JS
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
CU gets hosed.....grrrrrr

GO DUKE!!!

InElwayWeTrust
03-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Your an 8 seed, you don't deserve higher than that man.....

That is VERY debatable...

Joe Lunardi's final Bracketology had us at a solid 6 seed.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

We are 25th in RPI, and we finished 24-8 in the 4th best Conference in the country. The numbers aren't even comparable to the other 8 seeds... Actually it is a lot closer in comparison to the 6 seeds. I'm not saying we were actually robbed, but the difference between playing 1 Kansas in the second to playing 3 Purdue is huge.

I'm still happy, and I guess there is always the "If you can't beat the best you weren't going to win anyways" argument which is true. I was just hoping we would finally get some respect and get out of that dreaded 8-9 game that we always seem to fall into. It would make our chances of making the second weekend a lot better. Oh well.

GO REBELS!!!!! BEAT THE ILLINI!!!!!

Broncoholic JS
03-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Mr Vitales rant about CU not getting in made me love him even more!!

OH AMERICA, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

HurricaneDovs
03-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Hurricanes in NIT!

Hey at least our season continues. Now lets see if we can do something in basketball and win a championship of some kind.

ERoyal248
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Henson and Zeller are coming back to UNC!!!!!!!!

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040611aab.html

Obviousally i'd want Barnes back, but Zeller and Henson were more important because we would be slim in the post.

If Barnes comes back, i'll be jumping for joy. But we'd still have Reggie, PJ, Dex, and LMac at the 2-3.

(For the record, i think Barnes is coming back, he wants an NCAA title and we would have a stacked team with Barnes) But i'll support whatever decision he makes.

ERoyal248
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
This day just keeps getting better..

Kyrie is going pro....

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=205131514

Broncoholic3233
04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
This day just keeps getting better..

Kyrie is going pro....

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=205131514

Good for him. Was hoping he would stay, but oh well.

He'll go #1 or #2 and be a force in the NBA.

Plus, it's only college basketball, they all leave at one point. Not that big of a deal.

Can't wait to see what team gets him. Hopefully I can root for him :P (I am hoping Pistons, but a long shot).

ERoyal248
04-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Good for him. Was hoping he would stay, but oh well.

He'll go #1 or #2 and be a force in the NBA.

Plus, it's only college basketball, they all leave at one point. Not that big of a deal.

Can't wait to see what team gets him. Hopefully I can root for him :P (I am hoping Pistons, but a long shot).

I figured he would leave, seemed like the typical one and done player.

I think he'll be great, would of liked him to stay because i hate players leaving after one year. I hate the one and done rule. He'll be a good one, hard to argue that, he's a special talent.

themadfanatic
04-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I hope kemba ends up on the knicks btw I beat out 5.8 million ppl out of 5.9 in espn tournament challenge. I picked uconn in all four brackets

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2011, 08:43 AM
http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041811aaa.html

Good news for you ERoyal248

ERoyal248
04-18-2011, 08:45 AM
http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041811aaa.html

Good news for you ERoyal248

Thanks, i was unsure whether he'd come back or not, so happy right now.

UNC is absolutely loaded talent wise, let's the season going already.

Broncoholic JS
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Goooo Duke!!!

The Experience
10-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Look out for Miami Basketball the next couple years...... We are on the up and coming

Broncoholic JS
10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Im calling it now CU will win the first Pac-12 title!!!

Broncoholic3233
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Rams just beat the Buffs!

:dance:

Kno-Sean
11-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Those refs were awful in the UNC vs Wisconsin game.

But what can Wisconsin expect, they won't win any games playing that bad and shooting so poorly. Jordan Taylor needs to play better than that.

Atwnbroncfan
11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Rams just beat the Buffs!

:dance:

Yes sir :salute:

I started laughing when we started rushing the court............But I quickly joined in :laugh:

InElwayWeTrust
11-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Yes sir :salute:

I started laughing when we started rushing the court............But I quickly joined in :laugh:

Good win for the MWC. I always like seeing fellow Mountain West teams win out of conference games. Makes UNLV look better when we win the conference this year. :D

ERoyal248
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Those refs were awful in the UNC vs Wisconsin game.

But what can Wisconsin expect, they won't win any games playing that bad and shooting so poorly. Jordan Taylor needs to play better than that.

How so, Wisconsin mainly shot 3's all game while UNC relies on it's inside game, and attack the paint.

And it's kinda scewed since Wis had to foul at the end of the game.

As for Taylor, Strickland had a big part to that, he's one of the most underrated defenders in college basketball. Taylor is a baller though.

Broncoholic JS
12-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Sorry CSU, GO DUKE!!!!

Broncoholic JS
01-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Bump, but still cant believe Ohio St lost last night.

kingelway7
01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Bump, but still cant believe Ohio St lost last night.

OSU is on a downward spiral it seems. They've lost 2 games in less than the last 2 weeks and have lost 3 in the last month.

Broncoholic3233
01-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Good win for Duke!

GO DUKE!

ERoyal248
01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Good win for Duke!

GO DUKE!

Luckiest team ever, Zbinski or whatever his name is missed 4-5 wide open 3's, but he'll hit them when they play UNC, seems to the pattern.

Dook is so overrated, 2nd round or Sweet 16 exit.

Broncoholic3233
01-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Luckiest team ever, Zbinski or whatever his name is missed 4-5 wide open 3's, but he'll hit them when they play UNC, seems to the pattern.

Dook is so overrated, 2nd round or Sweet 16 exit.

Over rated?

Lulz.

No one is talking about Duke. So under the radar this year, we lost everyone. Yet, we are still doing decent.

Sweet 16 would be awesome after losing everyone.

Broncoholic3233
01-14-2012, 01:44 PM
How bout them Tar Heels?

Down 30 to FSU. 10-6 FSU.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha.

ERoyal248
01-14-2012, 02:10 PM
LOL at UNC.

Not surprised we lost, FSU always gives us trouble, surprised it's a 30+ point beatdown.

Got a long way to go.

Bronco_Armada
01-18-2012, 03:39 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/30/OttotheOrange.svg/248px-OttotheOrange.svg.png

ERoyal248
01-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Down goes DOOK!!!!!!!!!

ERoyal248
01-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Cuse loses, Murray State the last unbeaten team.

Broncoholic JS
02-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Go Duke!! Beat UNC!

Broncoholic3233
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
DUKE BABY!!

Austin Rivers, what a stud!

Broncoholic JS
02-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Oh

My

God!!!!

Rivers for 3 to win!!!!

the0rangecrush
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Austin Rivers livin up to his nickname "Sub Zero" boy got ice in his veins

Butler By'Note
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Two things are clear from tonight's game, Carolina can't win the tournament unless they start to defend the 3, they were horrible tonight and have been bad all season. Dook can't win the tournament being that dependent on the 3 ball. Taking 35-40 of them a game isn't a recipe to win it all, over 6 games eventually they'll go cold one game and it'll be over for them.

Rivers is a very good player though.

Broncoholic3233
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Two things are clear from tonight's game, Carolina can't win the tournament unless they start to defend the 3, they were horrible tonight and have been bad all season. Dook can't win the tournament being that dependent on the 3 ball. Taking 35-40 of them a game isn't a recipe to win it all, over 6 games eventually they'll go cold one game and it'll be over for them.

Rivers is a very good player though.

I'm fine living by the 3.

We lost all our players last year.

We really aren't a normal Duke team, however, we keep winning. 3 is our game this year solely, and it works majority of the time.

I'd be SHOCKED if we went past the Elite 8 with this team unless they show me something new down the stretch.

ERoyal248
02-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Lost for words really.

Controlled the entire 2nd half, then implode in the final seconds, and of course don't even double Rivers who you know is gonna shoot.

Whatever.

Duke was on fire from 3, they live by the 3, and die by the 3.

Butler By'Note
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Lost for words really.

Controlled the entire 2nd half, then implode in the final seconds, and of course don't even double Rivers who you know is gonna shoot.

Whatever.

Duke was on fire from 3, they live by the 3, and die by the 3.

I can't believe just how poorly they defended the 3 tonight, that game had all the makings of a blowout if they do even a mediocre job defending the 3.

ERoyal248
02-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I can't believe just how poorly they defended the 3 tonight, that game had all the makings of a blowout if they do even a mediocre job defending the 3.

Duke has no good inside presence, and you let them kill ya from 3, amazing.

Butler By'Note
02-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Duke has no good inside presence, and you let them kill ya from 3, amazing.

Hopefully Roy lays into them and this can be a rallying point for this team this season, cause if they don't get things fixed they'll be done quickly in the tournament...probably against some low seeded mid-major who does nothing but shoot 3's.

ERoyal248
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Hopefully Roy lays into them and this can be a rallying point for this team this season, cause if they don't get things fixed they'll be done quickly in the tournament...probably against some low seeded mid-major who does nothing but shoot 3's.

The thing that pisses me off is pretty much every Duke fan would tell you, UNC has the better team, but not for those last 3 minutes.

Not sure what to expect in the tournament, the loss of McDonald and Strickland are killer, we got no depth. And yeah, probably a 7-10 seed who makes 12 3's.

Broncoholic JS
02-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Grrrrr wtjktsevyg Duke?

HurricaneDovs
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Duke beats teams they probably shouldn't (UNC had that game) and loses to teams they should beat (NCST today apparently and Miami :D).

Speaking of the Canes, Lunardi currently has us as one of the play-in 12 seeds. Hopefully since we had good showings against FSU and UNC we'll still be on the bubble. If we win out, including a win against the Noles, I think we'll be in good shape.

Broncoholic3233
02-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah. Duke is a up/down team this year.

We are doing much better than I thought though, so I'm not mad. I mean it's annoying losing to bad teams, but we've had some great wins too. And it looks like we will hang on and win this one against NC State. Great comeback.

I'm really mad though at my own school, CSU is a freaking mess. So up/down. UGH.

Broncoholic3233
02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Yup. We held on.

I had kind of just accepted the loss at halftime, but glad I kept watching.

Curry played lights out in that 2nd half. Rivers was clutch and hit a 3 to pull ahead. Railed from 20 down to win.

Granted it's a win we should've had easily, a 20 point comeback in the 2nd half is great news.

ERoyal248
02-16-2012, 09:33 PM
lol, up 20 with 10 or so to go, should be a win, of course they choked.

And i'm amazed how Dook gets 20+ FT's while jacking a bunch of 3's all game, the only player who can create his own shot or beat you off the dribble is Rivers.

HurricaneDovs
02-16-2012, 09:35 PM
These ACC teams have got to start learning how to keep leads against UNC and Duke.

NCST had Duke by the nuts today and earlier this week my own Canes had a 10 or so point lead on UNC and blew it.

If these teams want to supplant UNC and Duke in the ACC, they have to start keeping big leads.

Broncoholic JS
02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Wow, just wow!

HurricaneDovs
02-26-2012, 10:16 PM
After practically playing ourselves out by blowing a lead to Maryland, we put ourselves right back in by blowing out #16 FSU. A win against NCST and I think the Canes are going dancing.

As long as they don't pull a Canes football and flop against BC.

The Experience
02-27-2012, 12:03 AM
After practically playing ourselves out by blowing a lead to Maryland, we put ourselves right back in by blowing out #16 FSU. A win against NCST and I think the Canes are going dancing.

I loved it. We played with such great energy.

It feels good to get a win against Leonard Hamilton (even though I respect the hell out of him) but he coaches an enemy now.

ERoyal248
02-27-2012, 04:16 PM

I'd like to see Miami in the NCAA's, i could see them upset someone in the 1st round if Reggie Johnson is cleared to play.

Him, Kahdji, Scott, and Grant and some others, could pose matchup problems.

And yeah, Miami is probably in for now.

The Experience
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd like to see Miami in the NCAA's, i could see them upset someone in the 1st round if Reggie Johnson is cleared to play.

Him, Kahdji, Scott, and Grant and some others, could pose matchup problems.

And yeah, Miami is probably in for now.

I agree, if we make it I think we could be a Cinderella..

Coach Larranaga has quite a bit of experience with Cinderella teams.

ERoyal248
02-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I agree, if we make it I think we could be a Cinderella..

Coach Larranaga has quite a bit of experience with Cinderella teams.

I'm not sure about FF type of run, but maybe Sweet 16 if you get the right matchups.

HurricaneDovs
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM

NIT bound.

Seriously, Miami.

HurricaneDovs
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Someone want to explain to me why Lunardi has Northwestern, who has a losing record in their league and has beat only 1 quality opponent (MSU) this year, is one of the last 4 in while Miami who has beaten Duke at Duke and just clown stomped FSU and has a winning record in their league is one of the last 4 out?

Anyone?

ERoyal248
03-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Someone want to explain to me why Lunardi has Northwestern, who has a losing record in their league and has beat only 1 quality opponent (MSU) this year, is one of the last 4 in while Miami who has beaten Duke at Duke and just clown stomped FSU and has a winning record in their league is one of the last 4 out?

Anyone?

Lunardi is well, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He had MSU as a 1 over UNC and Dook when both beat MSU head to head, and have 1 less loss.

The loss to NC State was a killer, Miami will be just in or out, i hope they get in, could see them do some damage.

Broncoholic JS
03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Can I get a "GO DUKE"??!!

Broncoholic3233
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
After a win against AF today....

THE RAMS SHOULD BE DANCING!!!

Broncoholic JS
03-03-2012, 05:51 PM
God help us!

Come on Duke!!

HurricaneDovs
03-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Took care of business today. Now we just have to have a good showing in the ACC tourney (winning the dang thing would be GREAT) and hopefully we'll prove our worth.

And friggin Iowa just had to lose to Northwestern. :brick:

ERoyal248
03-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Revenge is sweet.

Awesome game Heels.

Always good winning at Hansbrough Indoor.

Broncoholic JS
03-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Revenge is sweet.

Awesome game Heels.

Always good winning at Hansbrough Indoor.

I see what you did there...tisk tisk