PDA

View Full Version : Where will 2 be ?

#1snake_fan
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
is there anyone who thinks Derek Jeter will not be a New York Yankee next season ?

I don't I think he'll be a Yankee until he dies he grew up a Yankees fan and I think they need him as much if not more then he needs them. for several reasons

1. He's the face of their franchise

2. He's going to be the first Yankees player (meaning currently on their roster) to get 3,000 hits

3. Finally I just can't see him going anywhere else

Yes I am a Red Sox fan but Derek Jeter is one of the greatest players of all time a first ballot Hall Of Famer and a true Class act. I was really happy to see him win his fifth ring as well as Mo they are the only Yankees player I will ever respect

Amari24
10-27-2010, 12:37 PM
There was a poll and Yankees fans voted that they didn't want him back. I heard about it on the radio.

#1snake_fan
10-27-2010, 12:50 PM
then i expect him to retire if the Yankees won't bring him back which would suck ... i guess

Amari24
10-27-2010, 12:52 PM
then i expect him to retire if the Yankees won't bring him back which would suck ... i guess

I don't think he'd retire just because they don't want him. Besides the poll was actually about who'd they'd rather keep Jeter or some other guy (can't remember his name). Jeter has at least 3 more years left in him.

Broncoholic JS
10-27-2010, 08:57 PM
There was a poll and Yankees fans voted that they didn't want him back. I heard about it on the radio.

Source? That is ridiculous if you ask me. it would be like the Broncos fans not wanting John Elway back. Does not make any sense to me.

Derek Jeter will return to pin stripes next season, expect that. My favorite player ever to never play for the Rockies.

</thread>

GO YANKEES!!

Amari24
10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Source? That is ridiculous if you ask me. it would be like the Broncos fans not wanting John Elway back. Does not make any sense to me.

Derek Jeter will return to pin stripes next season, expect that. My favorite player ever to never play for the Rockies.

</thread>

GO YANKEES!!

I just clearified it. The poll wasn't about wether they'd want Jeter back or not, but it was about who'd they should keep and get rid of. And one of the polls asked who'd they'd rather have, Jeter or someone else (don't know his name) and the fans voted more for the other guy. Implying that they don't want Jeter in a Yankees uniform.

ERoyal248
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't re-sign Jeter.

He's one of the greatest players of all-time, and Yankees as well. I'd say he gets 4/75 or 4/80 type of contract.

#1snake_fan
10-30-2010, 08:00 AM
they won't give him that much years or money wise the guys 37 so i think he'll get a two year deal for around 35 or 40 million which is still a huge amount of money and I don't think he'll jump at that contract and he may see what some one else will pay him and his rivalry with A-Rod i think that will play a role into it as well.

If A-Rod who isn't a Yankee (atleast not a real one) can get a ten year 250 million contract Jeter is going to try and get something like that ... clearly no one is going to offer him that kind of contract. Not to mention the cash that they threw at C.C. and Tex so Jeter is going to do his best to get his cash.

I think the Yankees will be very stupid not to resign him I'd be really shocked too if they didn't ... can you imagine Jeter rockin Sox gear just to get back at them ? ... probably not

that would be weird though