ERoyal248
10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Solid game tonight.

Dwight is Dwight, so is Jameer.

VC looks great.

QRich is a solid addition.

Great bench.

It was against the Wizards.

Big game tommorow against the Heat, can't wait.

Broncoholic3233
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Nuggets fan.

But I like the Magic a lot. Love Dwight Howard. Also, I like Boston in the East.

Kill the Heat please.

ERoyal248
10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Nuggets fan.

But I like the Magic a lot. Love Dwight Howard. Also, I like Boston in the East.

Kill the Heat please.

Dwight is awesome, IF Boston can stay healthy, i think they can take the East.

With that said, they have a lot of older players like JO, Shaq, Pierce, Ray, KG. So we'll see how it plays out.

Miami has it coming tommorow night.

Broncoholic3233
10-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Dwight is awesome, IF Boston can stay healthy, i think they can take the East.

With that said, they have a lot of older players like JO, Shaq, Pierce, Ray, KG. So we'll see how it plays out.

Miami has it coming tommorow night.

Yeah, I am just talking about likability. I root for the Magic and Celtics in most occasions, when they aren't playing the Nuggets.

D. Howard is my main reason for the Magic. Then people in my family like the Celtics, so I kinda took that from them.

I definitely think the Celtics can go back to the finals. As I think you guys easily could as well. I see the Heat as being all hype, and the lack of a big, will kill em.

Magic vs. Boston if possible is what I see.

Lakers will be back I have a feeling.

ERoyal248
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I am just talking about likability. I root for the Magic and Celtics in most occasions, when they aren't playing the Nuggets.

D. Howard is my main reason for the Magic. Then people in my family like the Celtics, so I kinda took that from them.

I definitely think the Celtics can go back to the finals. As I think you guys easily could as well. I see the Heat as being all hype, and the lack of a big, will kill em.

Magic vs. Boston if possible is what I see.

Lakers will be back I have a feeling.

Yeah, it's hard not to like Dwight, but i wish he would play with a killer instinct like Kobe.

Agree with that, Heat are one year away.

Lakers will be back because the West is garbage.

Broncoholic3233
10-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it's hard not to like Dwight, but i wish he would play with a killer instinct like Kobe.

Agree with that, Heat are one year away.

Lakers will be back because the West is garbage.

Eh, I don't know about garbage. Much better than the East in terms of teams of 50+.

Lakers, Blazers, Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets, Mavericks, Suns, Rockets, Hornets...All have legitimate shot at 50+ wins (we'll see about the Hornets).

East you got 2 dominate teams. Magic and Celtics. We will what if the Heat will be in that category (probably). Then you got the Bulls.

But ya, I still think Lakers take it.

ERoyal248
10-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Eh, I don't know about garbage. Much better than the East in terms of teams of 50+.

Lakers, Blazers, Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets, Mavericks, Suns, Rockets, Hornets...All have legitimate shot at 50+ wins (we'll see about the Hornets).

East you got 2 dominate teams. Magic and Celtics. We will what if the Heat will be in that category (probably). Then you got the Bulls.

But ya, I still think Lakers take it.

I meant in terms of elite teams.

Lakers are the only elite team in the West. The West has some good teams, up and coming, but none elite aside from LA.

With the East, you have 3 really good teams in the Magic, Celtics, and Heat, and the Bulls will be good as well, i liked the Boozer pickup.

Broncoholic3233
10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I meant in terms of elite teams.

Lakers are the only elite team in the West. The West has some good teams, up and coming, but none elite aside from LA.

With the East, you have 3 really good teams in the Magic, Celtics, and Heat, and the Bulls will be good as well, i liked the Boozer pickup.

I'm a big Duke fan, but man, I can't stand the NBA Boozer haha. But ya, that was a great pickup for them.

Elite teams, ya thats what I figured. I wouldn't call the Heat elite yet, they have proved nothing. Should they be elite? Yes. Will they? Probably.

But right now, I see a Celtics vs. Lakers Finals. With a Celtics win. But hey, it's only 1-2 games into the season. :laugh:

Amari24
10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Dwight is alright, he just needs a jumpshot, and more touch around the basket. He's really one dimensonal offensively.

Spice 1
10-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Orlando is the best team in the NBA right now. Can't stress right now enough. Washington has zero continuity, and some of those guys look like they've never even heard of help/pick and roll defense. That team is BAD. Zero should just fake a season ending injury, and get it over with. Richardson is a better fit than Barnes for Orlando, and Howard seems to have a better/more patient approach offensively. They look very good. Long season, but if they played a round robin right now, Orlando would beat 'em all. Even VC is shooting a high percentage, and his knees look great.

ERoyal248
10-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Only positive about this game is Dwight's development and work this summer seem to be coming along very nicely.

Solid 1st half, then LeBron wide open 3, back to back 3's from Wade, then it all went downhill from there.

The refs are an absolute joke. The T's on LeBron and Dwight were the funniest thing ever.

LeBron gets a T for running to the table, and Dwight gets one for clapping, really.

Of course the only way they can stop Dwight is for the refs to take him out of the game.

Oh well, can't win em all. Nice game from the Heat.

CoryWinget81
10-29-2010, 07:20 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm47/GuruSY/BooThisMan.gif
:)

thatkidhunt
10-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Orlando is the best team in the NBA right now. Can't stress right now enough. Washington has zero continuity, and some of those guys look like they've never even heard of help/pick and roll defense. That team is BAD. Zero should just fake a season ending injury, and get it over with. Richardson is a better fit than Barnes for Orlando, and Howard seems to have a better/more patient approach offensively. They look very good. Long season, but if they played a round robin right now, Orlando would beat 'em all. Even VC is shooting a high percentage, and his knees look great.

I think I would have to respectfully disagree.......

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 09:44 PM

Good game between the Lakers and Suns hunt :salute:

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Dwight is alright, he just needs a jumpshot, and more touch around the basket. He's really one dimensonal offensively.

You just never say anything positive about anyone other than someone on the Heat do you?

Is Udonis better than Dwight Howard?

ERoyal248
10-29-2010, 09:50 PM

Dwight has looked great this year.

His jumpshot is looking really good, his touch around the basket is good, solid hook, his offensive game is improving. He's a flat out beast.

He's the best center in the league bar none, it's that simple. He affects the game on both ends of the floor unlike Yao who can't stay healthy. He's the best rebounder, shot blocker, best defensive player in the game today. He's a complete player, and could win the MVP this year.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 09:51 PM
You just never say anything positive about anyone other than someone on the Heat do you?

Is Udonis better than Dwight Howard?

Nice try but I'm not a Heat fan..

No Udonis is not better than Dwight, nor did I ever say he was.

It's not hard to see that Howard doesn't have much to offer on the offensive side of the ball. He needs to work on his Free throws, his jumper, and he needs more touch around the basket. Look back in the 70s-80s, Centers having jumpers were a STAPLE back then.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 09:56 PM

It's not hard to see that Howard doesn't have much to offer on the offensive side of the ball. He needs to work on his Free throws, his jumper, and he needs more touch around the basket. Look back in the 70s-80s, Centers having jumpers were a STAPLE back then.

He is easily the best Center in the NBA.

ERoyal248
10-29-2010, 09:58 PM

Did you watch any of the Heat/Magic game tonight.

Dwight put on a clinic.

Hitting jumpshots, banking jumpshots, hook shots, you name it. Only way Miami could stop him was for the refs to take him out of the game.

Dwight is the best Center in the game today by far.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Dwight has looked great this year.

His jumpshot is looking really good, his touch around the basket is good, solid hook, his offensive game is improving. He's a flat out beast.

He's the best center in the league bar none, it's that simple. He affects the game on both ends of the floor unlike Yao who can't stay healthy. He's the best rebounder, shot blocker, best defensive player in the game today. He's a complete player, and could win the MVP this year.

Saying Yao isn't effective on both sides of the floor is hopefully a joke. Yes he has had some injury problems, but put yourself in his shoes at 7'6 300lbs, that's huge, makes Dwight look like Earl Boykins. When Yao is healthy is the best in the league imo. He's obviously not as good as was 5 years ago, because the foot problems have caught up to him.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Did you watch any of the Heat/Magic game tonight.

Dwight put on a clinic.

Hitting jumpshots, banking jumpshots, hook shots, you name it. Only way Miami could stop him was for the refs to take him out of the game.

Dwight is the best Center in the game today by far.

I honestly didn't watch it as I were watching other games or wasn't watching TV at all. Charles Barkley himself said Howard doesn't have the best offensive game for a center, and he's not improving fast enough at age 25 I believe? He says he kinda reminds him of young Shaq. All dunks and blocks, no shot. In a nutshell.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Saying Yao isn't effective on both sides of the floor is hopefully a joke. Yes he has had some injury problems, but put yourself in his shoes at 7'6 300lbs, that's huge, makes Dwight look like Earl Boykins. When Yao is healthy is the best in the league imo. He's obviously not as good as was 5 years ago, because the foot problems have caught up to him.

Saying Yao healthy is better than Dwight doesn't work. He hasn't been healthy in 2 years, and him being better a few years ago doesn't make him the best Center in the NBA NOW.

Dwight Howard is a freak of nature. Lets not forget how young he still is.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I honestly didn't watch it as I were watching other games or wasn't watching TV at all. Charles Barkley himself said Howard doesn't have the best offensive game for a center, and he's not improving fast enough at age 25 I believe? He says he kinda reminds him of young Shaq. All dunks and blocks, no shot. In a nutshell.

He's not the best center offensively but he's easily the best defensive center in the game. He's the most dominant center in the game.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Saying Yao healthy is better than Dwight doesn't work. He hasn't been healthy in 2 years, and him being better a few years ago doesn't make him the best Center in the NBA NOW.

Dwight Howard is a freak of nature. Lets not forget how young he still is.

Like I said before, the foot injury has been catching up to him even early in his career. At his height and weight and only made it worse. Remember it's the same injury that Z suffered years back.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
He's not the best center offensively but he's easily the best defensive center in the game. He's the most dominant center in the game.

Yes I could easily say he's the best defensively, but there's nothing really spectacular about his offense other then his dunks.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Yes I could easily say he's the best defensively, but there's nothing really spectacular about his offense other then his dunks.

Yet he still put the ball in the hoop at a rate of 23 points per game last season...

ERoyal248
10-29-2010, 10:07 PM

He's 24, and he worked with Hakeem this summer, and i know it's just one game, but his offense seems to be coming around so far. I guess we'll see who is right and who is wrong given time, i won't bet against Dwight.

Dwight is just 24 years old, that's what people need to understand, he hasn't even hit his prime yet which is scary.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
He's 24, and he worked with Hakeem this summer, and i know it's just one game, but his offense seems to be coming around so far. I guess we'll see who is right and who is wrong given time, i won't bet against Dwight.

Dwight is just 24 years old, that's what people need to understand, he hasn't even hit his prime yet which is scary.

Just saw the highlights again on sportscenter. Did the Heat's stadium look kinda empty to you?

ERoyal248
10-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Just saw the highlights again on sportscenter. Did the Heat's stadium look kinda empty to you?

Yeah, it did a little, kinda weird since it was the Big 3's first home game.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, it did a little, kinda weird since it was the Big 3's first home game.

I mean i'm sure they sold out. But it looked like a lot of vacant seats... Weird.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Yet he still put the ball in the hoop at a rate of 23 points per game last season...

And how many of those wern't dunks?

Broncoholic3233
10-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I've skimmed through the thread argument currently at hand.

Dwight > Any other C in the league by a long shot.

All there is too it.

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 10:58 PM
And how many of those wern't dunks?

Oh you're right, dunking the ball is to easy, why dunk it when you can settle for a hook shot or a 10 foot jump shot. :rolleyes:

Broncoholic3233
10-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Oh you're right, dunking the ball is to easy, why dunk it when you can settle for a hook shot or a 10 foot jump shot. :rolleyes:

Dunking isn't as easy as it looks, apparently. Nene misses 1/4 of his dunk attempts. :brick:

Amari24
10-29-2010, 11:08 PM

He obviously won the dunk contest for a reason right? Not to mention he mad the ones in the dunk contest look easy, nevermind the ones in an actual game...

And why would Howard even attempt to shoot 10 foot jumpers? Teams are going to continue to let him shoot those until he proves he can make em on a day to day basis, which he hasn't done yet.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Dunking isn't as easy as it looks, apparently. Nene misses 1/4 of his dunk attempts. :brick:

Nene isn't Dwight though. It's doesn't work the same for different players.

Broncoholic3233
10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Nene isn't Dwight though. It's doesn't work the same for different players.

Nene is the farthest thing from Dwight, it was more a sarcastic comment meant to rip on Nene (I can't stand him currently).

Kno-Sean
10-29-2010, 11:45 PM
He obviously won the dunk contest for a reason right? Not to mention he mad the ones in the dunk contest look easy, nevermind the ones in an actual game...

And why would Howard even attempt to shoot 10 foot jumpers? Teams are going to continue to let him shoot those until he proves he can make em on a day to day basis, which he hasn't done yet.

Haha you are knocking him cuz he dunks a lot. Obviously he's good if all he has to do is dunk to score 23 points a game.

Amari24
10-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Haha you are knocking him cuz he dunks a lot. Obviously he's good if all he has to do is dunk to score 23 points a game.

I was just asking you a question. You brag about him putting up 23 a game, and I'm asking how many of them do you think are dunks? I personally think a little more than half of them are dunks, which goes back to my first point of Dwight not having anything to offer offensively.

ERoyal claims he does, but I don't see it.

ERoyal248
10-30-2010, 07:02 AM
I was just asking you a question. You brag about him putting up 23 a game, and I'm asking how many of them do you think are dunks? I personally think a little more than half of them are dunks, which goes back to my first point of Dwight not having anything to offer offensively.

ERoyal claims he does, but I don't see it.

I never said he was Hakeem Alajowon, but his offensive game looks to be improving this year.

He has a solid hook, good spin moves, his jumper is improving so it looks, and if he gets 1 on 1 coverage in the post, it's over.

thatkidhunt
10-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Good game between the Lakers and Suns hunt :salute:

Even better that I had the Lakers -4.5 over 208 :D

It was a pretty good game untill late when the Lakers pulled away.

GridironChamp
10-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Dwight Howard is easily the best C in the league.

He also, clearly, has no offense outside of 5 feet (besides a mini jump hook, which
really isnt a hook put more of a launch the ball over everyone in a straight line
at the basket). He is also no the smartest defender.

Spice 1
10-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Dang, gotta respectfully disagree w/myself at this juncture. I didn't see but bits and pieces of the second half. All I saw was the Magic missing a lot of J's, and Miami knocking them down. What's wrong with that statement? Orlando has 2 players that Miami should not be able to defend in pick and roll situations, and one player that Miami should not be able to defend in half court sets w/o help. That means open shots, and Orlando should dictate the pace of the game. Guess that didn't happen. If Wade and Bron can make the game easy enough for the guys around them to succeed on a consistent basis, they should be able to score w/anyone. They can also impose their will offensively. The formula is simple for Orlando, defend the painted area, and see if Bron and Wade can beat you with perimeter game. If they do, that's just the way it goes. You can't let these guys get out in transition though, that's like asking for abuse.

ERoyal248
11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, after getting beatdown by the Heat, Magic have won 3 straight..

Jameer has a sprained ankle, but he's just day to day and would have played if it was a playoff game. VC looked like he hurt his groin, just hope it's not too bad, JJ/MP can fill in depending how long he's out for.

Solid win tonight.

Dwight for MVP..

Broncoholic3233
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
If you are watching....I am sure you are enjoying this beat down ERoyal.

ERoyal248
11-18-2010, 08:19 PM
If you are watching....I am sure you are enjoying this beat down ERoyal.

Yes, i'm watching it, looking good, but they are without Lopez and Nash, but i'll take the win.

bigking813
11-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, i'm watching it, looking good, but they are without Lopez and Nash, but i'll take the win.

Without Nash, they looked like an all star D-League Team

ERoyal248
11-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Tough loss to the Spurs, they would not miss from 3, we make one, they make one, and so on.

Good win against the Heat, sloppy game tonight but i'll take the win, we need VC back badly.

Does anyone know if their has been a player that has won DPOY and MVP in the same season. If Dwight keeps it up, i think he'll get both.

Amari24
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Tough loss to the Spurs, they would not miss from 3, we make one, they make one, and so on.

Good win against the Heat, sloppy game tonight but i'll take the win, we need VC back badly.

Does anyone know if their has been a player that has won DPOY and MVP in the same season. If Dwight keeps it up, i think he'll get both.

Jordan did it once, and Hakeem did it twice in a row. Howard looks like he's going to be the next, however, Durant will win MVP this year, so Dwight may have to wait a little longer.

ERoyal248
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Jordan did it once, and Hakeem did it twice in a row. Howard looks like he's going to be the next, however, Durant will win MVP this year, so Dwight may have to wait a little longer.

Ah ok, i figured there were a few that did it, but didn't remember.

I don't know, if we get the #1 seed in the East with 60+ wins, and Dwight averages 22+ pts, 12+ rebs, and 2+ blks per game, he should get the MVP.

Amari24
11-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Ah ok, i figured there were a few that did it, but didn't remember.

I don't know, if we get the #1 seed in the East with 60+ wins, and Dwight averages 22+ pts, 12+ rebs, and 2+ blks per game, he should get the MVP.

You guys will get the #2 seed behind Boston imo. Dwight will obviously win DPOY.

Dwight will defintley be in the top 3 for MVP. I just say Durant, as he was barely edged by Lebron last season, Lebron won't win it this year, so I say the next best thing would be Durant. Kobe isn't looking to win MVP this year, and Pau would win it over him anyways.

1.Durant
2.Dwight
3.Pau

I say that's how it looks like in the end, but Dwight defintley is playing like an MVP, and would be a very reasonable choice for the award.

ERoyal248
12-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Nice win against the Bulls.

Nelson outplayed Rose and is starting to look like 08-09 season form. Nelson is the key to Orlando making a deep run in the playoffs.

We have a lot of trade chips.

VC is playing great, Bass has been great all year, Gortat could start on a number of teams, Pietrus is a good role player and can get hot from 3 and when he does, he won't miss.

Though, the only player i'd trade for is Melo, and i doubt that happens.

14-4 through 18 games, and we've been switching lineups, a lot of players have been cold.

at Detroit, at Mil, vs Atl next 3 games. "Should" win all 3 of those. I won't be shocked if we lost to Detroit seeing as we always struggle with them for whatever reason.

Broncoholic3233
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I gave you guys props in the Nuggets thread.

We struggle with Detroit too....no idea why....

But once again congrats, really strong win.

ERoyal248
12-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Figured we would make some kind of trade, not done yet though.

QRich is being involved in a trade for a big.

Maybe another deal as well.

Jameer/JWill/Duhon
JRich/JJ
Turk/Clark
Lewis/Bass
Dwight

I like the trade. JRich is a upgrade over VC, i'm hoping Turk can come back and thrive like he did in the 08-09 playoff run, and Clark is a good prospect. I'll miss MP, but solid deal.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
12-18-2010, 10:52 PM
enjoy gilbert arenas.

we wont enjoy rashard lewis. lewis is useless and overpaid.

Spice 1
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm glad I'm not a Magic fan. This is harder to watch than the Cavs picking up Jamison instead of Amare last year. If it works, I'm contacting Orlando's front office for lottery numbers.

Say what you want about Pietrus, but he can defend. They didn't replace that anywhere. I guess Bass can make up for losing Gortat, but they are asking him to step up big time here. It looks like a change in philosophy. They are eliminating dependency on the three ball, and enabling the ability to make plays from other areas offensively. That's good and great, but what a gamble.

Arenas hasn't figured out how to play with lost athleticism yet, and I don't think he ever will. His one on one shooting is a borderline liability at this point. The hope is that he will embrace finding a role on this team, and rely on staying within himself. He was once a great player, and if he could do this, he'd be great for Orlando. I don't see Turkoglu returning to form, but perhaps he does. They must know something the fans don't. Maybe he has a couple kids in Orlando we don't know about or something. Maybe he just likes Disney Land. Who knows. Richardson is a productive scorer, but what else does he do? If Van Gundy figures this out, he'll have earned my respect.

ERoyal248
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Well, 8 wins in a row. All with a few practices. JRich is slowly improving, learning the system, and Hedo looks like the same Hedo, it's surreal.

Earl Clark looks like a gem of this trade, very good young player with huge upside.

As i said when it was made, Arenas is the key to this trade.

At Dallas tommorow with Dirk out, and Caron out for the year, should win, but could lose. Dallas is a tough team.

Amari24
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Tough game for me to watch. Really... really wish Aaron Brooks wasn't injured.... Team just doesn't look the same without him.