PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki & Jeter

InsaneBlaze23
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
After MLB released the gold gloves award it's clear that this guy is for real.
Ichiro Suzuki got his 10th straight gold glove. Now this guy is the only reason Seattle still sells tickets, he is just a great player, he has 90 HR,558 RBI's, and 2244 hits. I know a lot of his stats come from when he was in Japan, but he is not only a great hitter but a great fielder too. So my question to you guys is, is Ichiro a hall of famer? Now I'm not talking about first ballot, but like 5-10yrs after he leaves baseball. He would become the first Japanese player in the american hall.

Now onto a new MLB problem.
Derek Jeter also won a gold glove, in this has fans going nuts.
Why and how did he win, what did he do? I mean I didn't watch a lot of the Yanks games,but Jeter didn't do anything. I think, in so do a few reports, that MLB should improve voting for gold glove. I mean Brennan Bosch should have got a award over Jeter.
So whats your thoughts on both Jeter & Ichiro?

#1snake_fan
11-13-2010, 09:58 AM
After MLB released the gold gloves award it's clear that this guy is for real.
Ichiro Suzuki got his 10th straight gold glove. Now this guy is the only reason Seattle still sells tickets, he is just a great player, he has 90 HR,558 RBI's, and 2244 hits. I know a lot of his stats come from when he was in Japan, but he is not only a great hitter but a great fielder too. So my question to you guys is, is Ichiro a hall of famer? Now I'm not talking about first ballot, but like 5-10yrs after he leaves baseball. He would become the first Japanese player in the american hall.

Why and how did he win, what did he do? I mean I didn't watch a lot of the Yanks games,but Jeter didn't do anything. I think, in so do a few reports, that MLB should improve voting for gold glove. I mean Brennan Bosch should have got a award over Jeter.
So whats your thoughts on both Jeter & Ichiro?

those stats are from America not combined with his Japan days combined with Japan he has well over 3,000 hits ... so yeah he's a Hall Of Famer

Second Brennan Bosch is an outfielder not a Shortstop so Jeter had nothing to do with him not getting the Gold Glove. So take that up with Ichiro , Crawford , and Franklin Guttierrez

And I agree that anyone should win a Gold Glove at Shortstop before Derek Jeter because he's an amazing hitter and a so so defensive player , But your points make no sense you talk on Jeter and say a outfielder should have won his gold glove ? if Bosch would have played Gold Glove award winning defese then he would have won one.

And I'm a Red Sox fan but I respect Jeter and can't wait for him to get 3,000 hits and enter the Hall Of Fame with Ichiro because they play the game right

jcdavey
11-13-2010, 10:13 AM
ichiro has long been respected , it wasn't just recently, he's been thought of as a legit HOF candidate for years now

the guy is a phenom

jcdavey
11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
oh and IMO, ichiro will be first ballot, jeter's also first ballot, as for why he won the ss gold glove

take a gander = http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding/_/position/ss/order/true

InsaneBlaze23
11-13-2010, 10:48 AM
those stats are from America not combined with his Japan days combined with Japan he has well over 3,000 hits ... so yeah he's a Hall Of Famer

Second Brennan Bosch is an outfielder not a Shortstop so Jeter had nothing to do with him not getting the Gold Glove. So take that up with Ichiro , Crawford , and Franklin Guttierrez

And I agree that anyone should win a Gold Glove at Shortstop before Derek Jeter because he's an amazing hitter and a so so defensive player , But your points make no sense you talk on Jeter and say a outfielder should have won his gold glove ? if Bosch would have played Gold Glove award winning defese then he would have won one.

And I'm a Red Sox fan but I respect Jeter and can't wait for him to get 3,000 hits and enter the Hall Of Fame with Ichiro because they play the game right

I'm a Tigers fan, I know what spot Bosch plays, I was using him as a example.
Even then he played a hell of a lot better than Franklin, and before you say it, I know Bosch is a weird example.

Amari24
11-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Both Ichiro and Jeter are first ballot HOFs.

RunYouOver
11-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Why is this post in italics :confused:

And Jeter really isn't a bad defensive shortstop by any stretch...a lot of the sabermetric criticism is just dumb in my opinion. I watch any Yankee game I can, and I can tell you he's a great defensive SS.

The best in the AL? I don't know. But he's definitely not bad.

I agree though that voting could be improved.

InsaneBlaze23
11-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Why is this post in italics :confused:

And Jeter really isn't a bad defensive shortstop by any stretch...a lot of the sabermetric criticism is just dumb in my opinion. I watch any Yankee game I can, and I can tell you he's a great defensive SS.

The best in the AL? I don't know. But he's definitely not bad.

I agree though that voting could be improved.

I'm not saying Derek is a bad player, but I am saying that this year was not his best year.

keithbishop
11-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Jeter's range is diminishing (as is expected in his 15th full year in the majors), but, like Ripken, he is a master at studying the game (hitters tendencies, for example) and makes all the plays he SHOULD make (read: very few errors).

That shouldn't be enough to get a gold glove, but, for whatever reason, career stats (usually batting) "earn" certain players gold gloves. Gold gloves and all star appearances will always be in question for certain players.

Perhaps it's just a bit of redemption for Jeter being voted the "most overrated player in the game" last year. Most overrated 1st ballot HOFer, too? Must be a damned good player after all.

Broncoholic3233
11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Jeter's range is diminishing (as is expected in his 15th full year in the majors), but, like Ripken, he is a master at studying the game (hitters tendencies, for example) and makes all the plays he SHOULD make (read: very few errors).

That shouldn't be enough to get a gold glove, but, for whatever reason, career stats (usually batting) "earn" certain players gold gloves. Gold gloves and all star appearances will always be in question for certain players.

Perhaps it's just a bit of redemption for Jeter being voted the "most overrated player in the game" last year. Most overrated 1st ballot HOFer, too? Must be a damned good player after all.

He's a big reason I really started watching the game of baseball more than just casually.

Jeter is a rare bread. Love the guy. Deserving this year? Probably not. But like you said, there will always be questions.

Go Rockies! Go Yankees!

#1snake_fan
11-15-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a Tigers fan, I know what spot Bosch plays, I was using him as a example.
Even then he played a hell of a lot better than Franklin, and before you say it, I know Bosch is a weird example.

I don't care if you're a Tigers fan or a Mets fan or a fan of anyother team this post is stupid.

You're attacking two legit Hall Of Famers because Bosch didn't win a Gold Glove ? He's a Rookie so i'm sure he'll win one at some point in his career.

You ask if Ichiro should be a Hall Of Famer ? ... DUH or is 10 straight seasons of 200 + hits not enough for you he's going to pass 3,000 in his career all with one team ( a crappy team) not to mention he has one of the best throwing arms in the Majors if not the best.

Then again you attack Jeter ... I Hate the Yankees but I love Jeter he plays the game right (as does Ichiro) and he's a leader and KB I would say besides batting stats the logo on your chest helps you win awards as well.

Again this post is dumb

Jeter and Ichiro Hall Of Fame class of 20____ first ballot for both

InsaneBlaze23
11-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't care if you're a Tigers fan or a Mets fan or a fan of anyother team this post is stupid.

You're attacking two legit Hall Of Famers because Bosch didn't win a Gold Glove ? He's a Rookie so i'm sure he'll win one at some point in his career.

You ask if Ichiro should be a Hall Of Famer ? ... DUH or is 10 straight seasons of 200 + hits not enough for you he's going to pass 3,000 in his career all with one team ( a crappy team) not to mention he has one of the best throwing arms in the Majors if not the best.

Then again you attack Jeter ... I Hate the Yankees but I love Jeter he plays the game right (as does Ichiro) and he's a leader and KB I would say besides batting stats the logo on your chest helps you win awards as well.

Again this post is dumb

Jeter and Ichiro Hall Of Fame class of 20____ first ballot for both

Well first I'm not attacking Ichiro, I was seeing if anybody agreed with me on him being a hall of famer.

Second, if you think it's dumb, don't read it or post on it.
Lastly I'm attacking the 2010 Derek Jeter, not Derek Jeter's career.

#1snake_fan
11-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Well first I'm not attacking Ichiro, I was seeing if anybody agreed with me on him being a hall of famer.

Second, if you think it's dumb, don't read it or post on it.
Lastly I'm attacking the 2010 Derek Jeter, not Derek Jeter's career.

Okay what do you call saying he isn't a first ballot Hall Of Famer ?

[QUOTE=InsaneBlaze23;3507670][I]After MLB released the gold gloves award it's clear that this guy is for real.
QUOTE]I][/

No your points make no sense you claim that Ichiro's amazing stats are combined with his stats from Japan when they aren't and then you say he isn't a first ballot Hall Of Famer you didn't ask anything except is he a Hall Of Famer that isn't Asking if we agree with you ....

That would be do you agree that he isn't a First Ballot Hall Of Famer which your still wrong then you attack Jeter and calim it's only from this season but then you were whining and crying that Brendan Bosch didn't win a gold glove ...

for what ever reason make a point ... or should I say a valid point then come back ......

So whats your thoughts on both Jeter & Ichiro?[/

InsaneBlaze23
11-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Suzuki is not first ballot, the reason why I combined them is because mt source for the stats came from, combined the stats.

You talk about how pointless, and dumb this thread is, in yet you still post in it.

#1snake_fan
11-15-2010, 02:03 PM
here comes another shock ...

YOU STILL HAVEN'T SAID WHY HE ISN'T A FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER

all you do is try to make your sad little point and you haven't and you never did. you listed his amazing stats and said it's combined with his Japan stats when they wern't.

here are his stats in 9 seasons in Japan

.328 Avg, 118 Home Runs, 529 RBI's, 3,619 At Bats, 1,278 Hits.

here are his stats from his 10 seasons here in America

.330 Avg, 90 Home Runs, 540 RBI's, 6,779 At Bats, 2,244 Hits

most of those stats you claimed where combined with his stats from Japan clearly there NOT.

All I had to do was type Ichiro into google and got his stats from a japanese news site FROM BOTH next time you claim to know something ... KNOW IT but since you want to claim his stats are from both here lets combine them

Total Career

Avg - .329
Home Runs - 208
RBI's - 1,069
At Bats - 10,398
Hits - 3,522

But no you're right he isn't a first ballot Hall Of Famer

InsaneBlaze23
11-15-2010, 02:08 PM
here comes another shock ...

YOU STILL HAVEN'T SAID WHY HE ISN'T A FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER

all you do is try to make your sad little point and you haven't and you never did. you listed his amazing stats and said it's combined with his Japan stats when they wern't.

here are his stats in 9 seasons in Japan

.328 Avg, 118 Home Runs, 529 RBI's, 3,619 At Bats, 1,278 Hits.

here are his stats from his 10 seasons here in America

.330 Avg, 90 Home Runs, 540 RBI's, 6,779 At Bats, 2,244 Hits

most of those stats you claimed where combined with his stats from Japan clearly there NOT.

All I had to do was type Ichiro into google and got his stats from a japanese news site FROM BOTH next time you claim to know something ... KNOW IT but since you want to claim his stats are from both here lets combine them

Total Career

Avg - .329
Home Runs - 208
RBI's - 1,069
At Bats - 10,398
Hits - 3,522

But no you're right he isn't a first ballot Hall Of Famer

Well first do you really think the MLB will vote him in as first ballot? NO
Second once again I will say, the web source where I got the stats said they where the combined stats.

#1snake_fan
11-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Yes I do think so he is without a doubt a First Ballot Hall Of Famer

and again I'll say it type Ichiro into google and you'll get both of his stats so that's a piss poor excuse for you not knowing what your talking about.

InsaneBlaze23
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes I do think so he is without a doubt a First Ballot Hall Of Famer

and again I'll say it type Ichiro into google and you'll get both of his stats so that's a piss poor excuse for you not knowing what your talking about.

Not really, when I can just type in a website that has stats.
So how about you just get over yourself.

#1snake_fan
11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Not really, when I can just type in a website that has stats.
So how about you just get over yourself.

Obviously you can't otherwise you wouldn't have both his American and Japanese stats as the samething. so how about you quit calling yourself a baseball fan ... oh wait you didn't you said you were a Tigers fan but if you were you would know how to find something as simple as someones stats

I've proven time and time again on this post how you're wrong and don't know what you're talking about it took me like half a second to find Ichiro's stats and the stat you posted were from his career here.

Then you blame your Sources .... RRRIIGGHHTTT you don't know what you're talking about

so how about you get over yourself