PDA

View Full Version : So about CP and Mike...

KS-BroncoGirl
11-16-2010, 08:15 PM
I was just sitting here playing around on the computer this evening with NFL Network on in the background when I realized during a commercial break they were talking about my Broncos...only this time it was about fantasy points...I didn't catch it all but I think it was about fantasy point record days and they brought up two games (one each) for Clinton Portis and Mike Anderson. Didn't catch the whole thing but it could be on again...just thought it was kind of interesting but not surprising that out backs have done so well...not playing fanstasy this year tho.

BluenOrnge4Life
11-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Yea they were saying that although Vicks' fantasy performance was amazing, it wasn't the best. A young Clinton Portis had the best fantasy performance of all time, recording 54 points!

"Clinton Portis, 2003 Week 14, 54 Fantasy points: This one meant about as much to his Denver Broncos as it did to his fantasy owners; without this win versus the eventual division-winning Kansas City Chiefs, the Broncos probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs in 2003. It was his fifth 100-yard rushing effort in a streak of six to conclude the season, and in the process, he upstaged an even bigger (at the time) fantasy stud, the Chiefs' Priest Holmes (44 rushing yards, two touchdowns)"

I'm happy that we traded Portis for Champ Bailey because he has been a great Corner for us, but I kind of wonder how things might have been different if we hadn't made that trade? Portis was fun to watch in a Broncos Uni, I bet Shanny wishes he wasn't so old now. :)

Frenchy180
11-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Vick had 60 points though... So he had a better fantasy performance than CP did... Unless points system has changed since CP's big day.

BluenOrnge4Life
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Vick had 60 points though... So he had a better fantasy performance than CP did... Unless points system has changed since CP's big day.

Not in ESPN Standard Leagues, he scored 49.

Frenchy180
11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Not in ESPN Standard Leagues, he scored 49.

hmmm, I guess my ESPN league isn't standard then... I felt bad for the guy who started Vick cuz he came up like 4 points shy of pulling of the greatest comeback I've ever seen :laugh:

BluenOrnge4Life
11-18-2010, 09:32 AM
hmmm, I guess my ESPN league isn't standard then... I felt bad for the guy who started Vick cuz he came up like 4 points shy of pulling of the greatest comeback I've ever seen :laugh::laugh: ya the guy in my league was down like 35 points going into the game, and then he won all because of Vick. How mad would you be if you were on the losing end of that performance?

Frenchy180
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
:laugh: ya the guy in my league was down like 35 points going into the game, and then he won all because of Vick. How mad would you be if you were on the losing end of that performance?

lol, I was up 90 going into Sunday night... I am sooooooo glad I didn't face the guy with Vick :laugh:

Sparky The Sun Devil
11-19-2010, 02:02 AM

vick had 49 on espn and cportis had something in 50s on espn

different sites have different scoring systems