InsaneBlaze23
11-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Alright so I'ma go straight it in say, the top 4 teams are:
1.Detroit-12-3-1-GP(16)Pts(25)
2.Washington14-4-1GP(19)Pts(29)
3. Vancouver10-5-3GP(18)Pts(23)
4.Philly12-5-2GP(19)Pts(26)
5.Pitt10-8-2GP(20)Pts(22)
For one the Red Wings, like it or not Av's is the current best team in the NHL.
From top to bottom, line to line, this team is packed.
At 40yrs old, Nicklas "Perfect Human" Lidstrom is the best defensemen in hockey, like it or not. Go check the stats for yourselves.
The Caps, even though they wont win a cup anytime soon, there the number 2, and the best in the east. There playing very well right now, but there a team much like the Chargers, can make it to the playoffs, but always come up short.
Vancouver, is a all around good team hands down, Roberto Luongo is just a great goalie and the Sedan brothers are great, this is a team that can win the cup.
Philly & Pitt, are almost the same, Pitt being behind Philly.
Sid the kid is still...well Sid the kid, I don't think Philly will stay this good in a few weeks, but this is a right now thread.

So who do you think are the top 5 teams, and why?

broncsfan21
11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
1). Vancouver-Henrik Sedin is playing better than he did last year, and now he has Daniel back. Kesler is probably one of the top 5 two-way forwards in the game. They are loaded with talented defensemen, and Luongo is the best goalie in the NHL.

2). Detroit- Loaded with veteran talent, they make very few mental mistakes, and play phenomenal special teams. Howard is a good goalie, but they cannot ride his back to the stanley cup. Lidstrom and Rafalski are the ageless wonders, still playing Norris-caliber defense. They tend to have trouble keeping up with the pace of a lot of younger teams (Kings, Hawks, Avs) when they get behind, but that isn't something they have to deal with all that often.

3). Montreal- Solid offensive corp but probably the most well-rounded defensive unit in the league. Carey Price has been on fire as of late, combined with their defense, its a combo that can get a team deep in the playoffs, such as the run the Habs had last year.

4). Washington- They are an offensive juggernaut, they seemingly score at will, and are loaded with goal-scorers on all their lines. However, they still lack good d, and don't really have any stay-at-home defenseman. They have been exposed that way in previous years, and show great frustration when they cannot get the scoring started. Neuvirth has been a good keeper for them so far this year, if he can keep it up the Caps have a legitimate chance of going far. They also have the best goal scorer in hockey in Ovechkin, so they always have a good chance of winning.

5).Los Angeles- The youngest team in the NHL, and are stockpiled with talent. They have great young forwards like Dustin Brown and Kopitar, some veterans in Stoll and Smyth, and great defensive players in Doughty and Johnson. If Quick keep his level of play up to par with last year, the Kings will make a solid bid for leaders of the pacific division and a playoff berth.

JakeNbake
11-18-2010, 04:08 PM
1). Vancouver-Henrik Sedin is playing better than he did last year, and now he has Daniel back. Kesler is probably one of the top 5 two-way forwards in the game. They are loaded with talented defensemen, and Luongo is the best goalie in the NHL.

2). Detroit- Loaded with veteran talent, they make very few mental mistakes, and play phenomenal special teams. Howard is a good goalie, but they cannot ride his back to the stanley cup. Lidstrom and Rafalski are the ageless wonders, still playing Norris-caliber defense. They tend to have trouble keeping up with the pace of a lot of younger teams (Kings, Hawks, Avs) when they get behind, but that isn't something they have to deal with all that often.

3). Montreal- Solid offensive corp but probably the most well-rounded defensive unit in the league. Carey Price has been on fire as of late, combined with their defense, its a combo that can get a team deep in the playoffs, such as the run the Habs had last year.

4). Washington- They are an offensive juggernaut, they seemingly score at will, and are loaded with goal-scorers on all their lines. However, they still lack good d, and don't really have any stay-at-home defenseman. They have been exposed that way in previous years, and show great frustration when they cannot get the scoring started. Neuvirth has been a good keeper for them so far this year, if he can keep it up the Caps have a legitimate chance of going far. They also have the best goal scorer in hockey in Ovechkin, so they always have a good chance of winning.

5).Los Angeles- The youngest team in the NHL, and are stockpiled with talent. They have great young forwards like Dustin Brown and Kopitar, some veterans in Stoll and Smyth, and great defensive players in Doughty and Johnson. If Quick keep his level of play up to par with last year, the Kings will make a solid bid for leaders of the pacific division and a playoff berth.

I don't know if you've watched the Canucks this year much but he hasn't been so hot. In fact fans have been calling for his head for some time now. THey're mad about the 10 year deal.

broncsfan21
11-18-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't know if you've watched the Canucks this year much but he hasn't been so hot. In fact fans have been calling for his head for some time now. THey're mad about the 10 year deal.

I've seen a few games, he played well in them, but I can't say i have them all, or even the majority. I would be mad about giving a player a 10 year deal too, thats probably one of my least favorite parts of the NHL, so many players are getting outrageously long contracts.

As for Luongo's play, its a long season. Even if he is having a slump at the beginning, he could heat up later on. When he is on his game he is unbeatable.

Tripp26x
11-18-2010, 06:46 PM
How come the Leafs aren't on there!? Hahah good lord, why did I choose to be a fan of that team! Ah well.

canadiansbronco
11-19-2010, 08:32 PM
How come the Leafs aren't on there!? Hahah good lord, why did I choose to be a fan of that team! Ah well.
seriusly why !?!?! :P you are not even from toronto are you ?

InsaneBlaze23
11-21-2010, 08:37 AM

I don't think LA will be all that good, at least not a top 5 team.
My only negatives for my Wings, is the fact that even though Jimmy Howard is a good young goalie, he sometimes let a few easy pucks in.
Another thing is Detroit is not finishing on power plays, for example: in the game vs the Wild, Detroit 5-3 power play, in only made 3 shots. Other than that I think Detroit has a great shot at winning the cup again, the lines are moving smooth, the players are playing great, the only thing is, is to not have half the team hurt like last season.

I like the Montreal pick, but as of right now there not a top 5 team, I do think they finish in the top 5-7. At this moment the Flyers are a better team, I think at the end of the day if the two played each other in a series, Montreal would win, but this is a right now poll.

I would add the Av's or even the Ducks, before I call the Leafs a top 5 team.

broncsfan21
11-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't think LA will be all that good, at least not a top 5 team.
My only negatives for my Wings, is the fact that even though Jimmy Howard is a good young goalie, he sometimes let a few easy pucks in.
Another thing is Detroit is not finishing on power plays, for example: in the game vs the Wild, Detroit 5-3 power play, in only made 3 shots. Other than that I think Detroit has a great shot at winning the cup again, the lines are moving smooth, the players are playing great, the only thing is, is to not have half the team hurt like last season.

I like the Montreal pick, but as of right now there not a top 5 team, I do think they finish in the top 5-7. At this moment the Flyers are a better team, I think at the end of the day if the two played each other in a series, Montreal would win, but this is a right now poll.

I would add the Av's or even the Ducks, before I call the Leafs a top 5 team.

Very good points. I would agree that the Flyers are better than Montreal at the moment, its just hard for me to get away from how these teams would play in the playoffs.

As for the Red Wings, once Howard finds consistency, and stops letting some easy ones in, they are no doubt my favorite to win the cup.

As for the Avs, when they hit on all cylinders they look unbeatable. But they are young and sometimes make some mental mistakes which can cost us. Probably the most resilient team in the league though, they don't know what the word 'quit' is when they are down a few goals.

InsaneBlaze23
11-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Very good points. I would agree that the Flyers are better than Montreal at the moment, its just hard for me to get away from how these teams would play in the playoffs.

As for the Red Wings, once Howard finds consistency, and stops letting some easy ones in, they are no doubt my favorite to win the cup.

As for the Avs, when they hit on all cylinders they look unbeatable. But they are young and sometimes make some mental mistakes which can cost us. Probably the most resilient team in the league though, they don't know what the word 'quit' is when they are down a few goals.

Which is a good thing.
I know I'm on the rival side, but any sport team that doesn't quit is a good team in my eyes. The Av's try hard to overcome, which leads them too comeback wins. Most teams when winning start to slip up, the goalie starts to sit more, because that don't think a team can comeback down 2 in the 3rd period.

InsaneBlaze23
11-21-2010, 01:44 PM
*they, not that. Kinda had a typo*

martz11
11-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Flyers gotta make the top 5. Just beat the habs and crapitals there last two games.

InsaneBlaze23
11-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Flyers gotta make the top 5. Just beat the habs and crapitals there last two games.

If you read my list, I have them at 4.

MileHighPimp303
12-13-2010, 12:43 AM
The Avs beat the Caps very shorthanded. If they can stay healthy they are hard to beat. Wings are best team right now.

MightyHorse
12-14-2010, 05:25 AM
My Penguins have won 12 in a row. . . . . just sayin

broooks77
12-14-2010, 05:40 AM
My Penguins have won 12 in a row. . . . . just sayin

Yay Pittsburgh :dance:

broncsfan21
04-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Its a good thing its a long season, Canucks get the presidents trophy.

Although that typically means a bad playoff showing, so I'll be interested to see how they play in april and may.