PDA

View Full Version : Obama gets stiches after basketball injury

12and4
11-27-2010, 12:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5852187

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama received 12 stitches in his lip after being hit during a pick-up basketball game, The White House said Friday.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Rey Decerega, who works for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, inadvertently struck the president with his elbow Friday.

The president received the stitches in the doctor's office on the ground floor of the White House. Obama had traveled to Fort McNair with a group of family and friends for an early-morning game of basketball.

Obama is a sports fan, roots for his hometown Chicago teams -- particularly the Bulls and White Sox -- and has often gone golfing in addition to playing basketball.

The White House released a statement from Decerega, who says he enjoys playing basketball with Obama and is sure the president will be back out on the court again soon.

The president often is asked to opine on sports topics of the day. Not thrilled that LeBron James and Dwyane Wade turned down the Bulls this summer -- Obama told ABC's Barbara Walters that when it comes to the 8-7 Heat, it would be prudent for fans to have patience with the juggernaut.

Obama also has lobbied strongly for a college football playoff. Just after he was elected in 2008, the president told "60 Minutes" that he would use his influence to create such a system.

"If you've got a bunch of teams who play throughout the season, and many of them have one loss or two losses, there's no clear decisive winner. We should be creating a playoff system," he said then.

lol....

edit: just realized i misspelled stitches :D

jcdavey
11-27-2010, 12:22 AM
that's G lol

jc13
11-27-2010, 12:22 AM
did he get to shoot free throws?

12and4
11-27-2010, 12:27 AM
did he get to shoot free throws?

he shot the buzzer beater to beat the bulls

Spyder
11-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Obama is da man.

100%Broncoholic
11-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Mr. Rey Decergera may be looking for a new job or under his bed for Chuck Norris....

InsaneBlaze23
11-27-2010, 05:02 AM
he shot the buzzer beater to beat the bulls

Obama is a Bulls fan.
I think he got knock in the mouth by a flying book.(insider)

100%Broncoholic
11-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Obama is a Bulls fan.
I think he got knock in the mouth by a flying book.(insider)

Maybe he got hit by Jordan's bookie's book...

Bronco_Armada
11-27-2010, 03:30 PM
It amazes me how obsessed people are about things that happen to famous people it becomes so fascinating for people. Same thing happens to you are me, meh, who cares.

People are strange.

InsaneBlaze23
11-27-2010, 04:19 PM
It amazes me how obsessed people are about things that happen to famous people it becomes so fascinating for people. Same thing happens to you are me, meh, who cares.

People are strange.

Well the guy is the president, I mean I don't care. But if the leader of the free world gets his lip busted, people will talk. Same thing over in England, if the Queen has something small happen, the Brits would act the same.

Zealander
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM

People are strange.

He's leading the country and pissing away tax dollars like a drunken frat boy.

You'd be right to think I'm interested in this "famous" person's hobbies. I think the president of the US could find more progressive things to do with his time then splitting his lip open in a pick up game.

Alastor
11-27-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm fairly certain the President is allowed to play some hoop...

Bronco_Armada
11-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Well the guy is the president, I mean I don't care. But if the leader of the free world gets his lip busted, people will talk. Same thing over in England, if the Queen has something small happen, the Brits would act the same.

Sorry but you misunderstood.

His presidential decisions should be of concern and be followed, but to what importance and I find strange is it a fascination he had stitches, had an ice cream cone, went to a fast food joint and got a burger.

And it does not have to be a leader to get recognition for this situation.

This could have been Justin Bieber and would have been on the world news.

It's not a presidential thing. It's a strange fascination of famous people by the public.

Guarantee the second Obama, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga or whoever uses a public water fountain it will make the news.

Point still stands, people are strange.

And yes I am aware of this fascination outside of America, I have traveled to England and I am employed by their government.

Rancid
11-27-2010, 09:09 PM
How would you like to be known as the dude that busted the President's lip? LoL

chazoe60
11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I wonder how the distribution of the points is handled when the POTUS is playing? Are the redistributed equally regardless of work ethic and talent, or does that only apply to fiscal matters?

chazoe60
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
How would you like to be known as the dude that busted the President's lip? LoL

I would love it. I'd have Tee Shirts made.

Rancid
11-27-2010, 09:13 PM
I would love it. I'd have Tee Shirts made.

I would buy one!

GatorChomp
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I LOL'd last night when this was on the ESPN ticker on the bottom of the screen... with 2 minutes left in the Boise vs Nevada game.

RaiderFanSD
11-27-2010, 09:42 PM
I wonder how the distribution of the points is handled when the POTUS is playing? Are the redistributed equally regardless of work ethic and talent, or does that only apply to fiscal matters?

hahaha nice :salute:

Amari24
11-27-2010, 09:51 PM
If only Bush had accidentley got hit in the face with a baseball bat.

12and4
11-27-2010, 11:58 PM

He did... that is why he is the way he is :D

have you seen his commercial with clinton??? he looks dumbfounded 24/7

xX-Bronco-Xx
11-28-2010, 12:02 AM
I love Justin Bieber and his semi prepubescent voice.

Spyder
11-28-2010, 12:35 AM

LOL.

Or maybe a fast ball? Either works.

Frenchy180
11-28-2010, 02:22 AM
I LOL'd last night when this was on the ESPN ticker on the bottom of the screen... with 2 minutes left in the Boise vs Nevada game.

I noticed that too and couldn't help but LOL myself lol

100%Broncoholic
11-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry but you misunderstood.

His presidential decisions should be of concern and be followed, but to what importance and I find strange is it a fascination he had stitches, had an ice cream cone, went to a fast food joint and got a burger.

And it does not have to be a leader to get recognition for this situation.

This could have been Justin Bieber and would have been on the world news.

It's not a presidential thing. It's a strange fascination of famous people by the public.

Guarantee the second Obama, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga or whoever uses a public water fountain it will make the news.

Point still stands, people are strange.

And yes I am aware of this fascination outside of America, I have traveled to England and I am employed by their government.

Exactly, we don't follow the Bronco players around or wonder what they do off the field.

I mean just cause a guy slipped on a

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_63-7c4kNHKA/R-r3a4W6AOI/AAAAAAAAABk/O070_kjrYJk/s400/McDonalds%2BBag.jpg
doesn't mean we have to follow him around.

And no one ever cared about the type of candy Elway handed out on Halloween?

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/1999/01/17/1999-01-17_riding_into_the_sunset_elway.html

I guess part of our being is curiosity or just being plain nosey.

LOL. I bet next time the President has Dennis Rodman or Ron Artest on his team to enforce, just like hockey teams do to keep their stars safe....

Bronco_Armada
11-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Exactly, we don't follow the Bronco players around or wonder what they do off the field.

I just follow what the Broncos do on the field. Anything else I happen to hear it on ESPN or the radio.

Don't go looking for it or do I obsess over it.

Bronco_Armada
11-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Not a Bush supporter, but wishing harm on someone, not cool.

Amari24
11-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Not a Bush supporter, but wishing harm on someone, not cool.

It was a joke... chill the heck out.