PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Jackson

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM
All I needed was 2 points to win my FF game and I had VJ in to finish out the last guy on my starting roster. Then the jerk ends up going out for the game with a "calf injury" :rolleyes:

God I hate the Chargers.

JayJack
11-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Don't feel alone. VJ and Gates are killing me.

CHARGER$
11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
bummer....

BTW watchya wanna bet he's really ok?

Just wanna :fight: VJ in the face.

Bench him from here on out. :rolleyes:

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
bummer....

That's what I was getting at. I'd bet this is just an extended "hold out"

Everywhere I turn the Chargers are somehow pissing me off.

JayJack
11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
bummer....

Wouldn't doubt it at all. The brighter side is none of my recievers on the bench did anything. I have killed myself with a weak bench and out thinking myself.

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Wouldn't doubt it at all. The brighter side is none of my recievers on the bench did anything. I have killed myself with a weak bench and out thinking myself.

Dude, I benched Tom Brady and Wes Welker........................

Here's who I started:

QB Rothlesberger
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Dustin Keller
RB Chris Johnson
W/R/T Jamall Charles
DEF Philly
K Dan Carpenter
D James Anderson
D Ray Lewis

Chris Johnson had 5 rushing yards and 2 receiving!!!!!!!!!!! :brick:

And the other thing that kills me is who I put on the bench:

Tom Brady
Kyle Orton
Wes Welker
Anquan Bolden

Any of whom I could have started and crushed the guy I was playing against. Bolden only got a few points but at least I would have won. :mad::duh:

Frenchy180
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Dude, I benched Tom Brady and Wes Welker........................

Here's who I started:

QB Rothlesberger
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Dustin Keller
RB Chris Johnson
W/R/T Jamall Charles
DEF Philly
K Dan Carpenter
D James Anderson
D Ray Lewis

Chris Johnson had 5 rushing yards and 2 receiving!!!!!!!!!!! :brick:

And the other thing that kills me is who I put on the bench:

Tom Brady
Kyle Orton
Wes Welker
Anquan Bolden

Any of whom I could have started and crushed the guy I was playing against. Bolden only got a few points but at least I would have won. :mad::duh:

That's always the worst feeling in fantasy sports :sad: All morning I was debating between Orton and Lloyd, or Big Ben and Mario Manningham... I'm so glad I went with my gut feeling and started Orton and Lloyd :laugh:

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 08:42 PM
That's always the worst feeling in fantasy sports :sad: All morning I was debating between Orton and Lloyd, or Big Ben and Mario Manningham... I'm so glad I went with my gut feeling and started Orton and Lloyd :laugh:

Brady and Welker KILLED it and Orton had like 25 fantasy points in my league. Rothlisberger had like 5 points :P

ERoyal248
11-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I picked him up on waivers, but didn't start him. I was gonna wait a few weeks to determine how big of a role he would play.

Luckily the person i'm playing this week doesn't check their team.

I'll be 9-3 after this week.

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I picked him up on waivers, but didn't start him. I was gonna wait a few weeks to determine how big of a role he would play.

Luckily the person i'm playing this week doesn't check their team.

I'll be 9-3 after this week.

I started him because welker and boldin haven't really done jack the last month or so, and I figured what the hell.

I guess the one that really shocked and screwed me was Chris Johnson. I mean come one, 5 yards rushing? You kidding me?

JRWIZ
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
you realize that he is back only because he had to come back to make this an eligible year for his seniority right?

Therefore he would be an UFA next year if the terms stay about the same.

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM
you realize that he is back only because he had to come back to make this an eligible year for his seniority right?

Therefore he would be an UFA next year if the terms stay about the same.

Fer serious!?!?!?:duh:

lol

Yes, thank you I know this.

kishzilla
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I just thought the guy might want to maybe, I dunno, perform so his trade value isn't diminished?

Call me crazy.

roushmartin6
11-29-2010, 02:08 AM
bummer....

I kinda felt he might try something like this, now he really could be hurt but its all too fishy.

jcdavey
11-29-2010, 02:50 AM
i told my fellow charger fans not to expect much from vj because he'd no doubt be rusty, but even i was surprised at his complete and utter failure of a comeback lol

maybe he can remain injured till we throw him in the trash and get some kinda compensation for the drunk

ERoyal248
11-29-2010, 09:29 AM
i told my fellow charger fans not to expect much from vj because he'd no doubt be rusty, but even i was surprised at his complete and utter failure of a comeback lol

maybe he can remain injured till we throw him in the trash and get some kinda compensation for the drunk

Should of took the offer from the Vikings.

2nd/4th is as good of a deal as they would get. Now he may just walk, and all they get is a compensation pick in 2012.

BluenOrnge4Life
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
I started VJ, and still managed to score 146 points with him leaving the game before getting any points. :P