PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cassel Has An Appendectomy

BroncoManiac_69
12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
They say it is unclear when he will be able to return, but this of all weeks when they travel to San Diego to play the Chargers, has to be a total bummer for the Chief fans.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txcasselappendectomy)

baphamet
12-08-2010, 06:15 PM
bummer for them but at least they have a great running game to lean on if he cant play. the raiders torched the chargers on the ground and i wouldn't doubt it if the chiefs do the same thing.

12and4
12-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Just a hint, don't use this excuse more than once...

I speak from experience...:paper:

on a side note, i just took the chiefs +7.5 yesterday and then this happens... YAY... I still think they cover but this usually extends their cushion to like +10.5 or so... missed out on 3 points by betting early...

Frenchy180
12-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I hope he gets better quickly. Gotta suck for him right now.

GridironChamp
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
If Croyle has to play we will see how far Cassel has actually come this year.

BroncoManiac_69
12-09-2010, 02:20 AM

What? :confused:

It's already apparent how far Matt has come this year. Your record indicates that.

If Croyle can just hand the ball off, then your great running game should be just fine against that Charger defense.

Let him just dump off in quick slants or whatever and not look downfield. Clock control on the ground and keep the ball out of River's hands.

The Chiefs Dude
12-09-2010, 04:04 AM
I would be interested to see Croyle play. I want to see what he can do with this new offense, he has a strong arm. But I hope Cassel gets better soon.

LordTrychon
12-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Best of luck to Cassel... hope his appendectomy turns out better than mine. :laugh:

They've made great advances in those procedures since mine though, and he had the best medical attention, I'm sure.

Here's to a quick recovery regardless.

GridironChamp
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
What? :confused:

It's already apparent how far Matt has come this year. Your record indicates that.

If Croyle can just hand the ball off, then your great running game should be just fine against that Charger defense.

Let him just dump off in quick slants or whatever and not look downfield. Clock control on the ground and keep the ball out of River's hands.

Really?? You think so?

Our playbook appears to be so dumbed down for Cassel, IMO, and you can see it
in second half of games when defenses make adjustments to our first half offense.

Sure, he's had some good games but most of it is due to short passes and hitting
Bowe off play action.

We'll see if Croyle gets to play. If the offense looks the same with Broadie Croyle
starting as it does when Cassel is, then it's much more the system than Cassel.

DenverChiefsFan
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I would be interested to see Croyle play. I want to see what he can do with this new offense, he has a strong arm. But I hope Cassel gets better soon.
Better O-line...better running game...and he's been in the system for a few years...

...and he's healthy.

In Brodie I trust....but get well soon Matt.

BroncoManiac_69
12-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Really?? You think so?

Our playbook appears to be so dumbed down for Cassel, IMO, and you can see it
in second half of games when defenses make adjustments to our first half offense.

Sure, he's had some good games but most of it is due to short passes and hitting
Bowe off play action.

We'll see if Croyle gets to play. If the offense looks the same with Broadie Croyle
starting as it does when Cassel is, then it's much more the system than Cassel.

I have really not seen the Chiefs play much this year. Rarely do we see them here. I just go by comments by the talking heads and see the scoreboard finals.

kcvet
12-11-2010, 07:51 AM
it'll take a least 2 week for Cassel to heal. Croyle will benefit form a much better O line. if he can throw a W on Sun they may let him play vs Rams and give Cassel another week to heal.
at least its not a season ending injury.

milehighireland
12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
it'll take a least 2 week for Cassel to heal. Croyle will benefit form a much better O line. if he can throw a W on Sun they may let him play vs Rams and give Cassel another week to heal.

it's a good point. a chiefs win sunday removes the chargers from contention so it'd be less of a risk to give him more of a rest against the rams the week after then

Amari24
12-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah it's a good thing he's not playing. The last thing he'd need is a helmet right dab in the middle of where he had the operation.

kcvet
12-12-2010, 07:08 AM
the Bolts know Croyle can air it out. even with the bad O line he had. and he takes off with the ball. lets see em D that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgMc_kuyzs

Chargerbomb
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Funny thread. It reads kind of like one of the threads on the Broncos forum right before Chris Simms' first start last year.

Broncos-R-Great
12-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Funny thread. It reads kind of like one of the threads on the Broncos forum right before Chris Simms' first start last year.

Exactly, quote of the day right here:

GridironChamp
12-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Exactly, quote of the day right here:

Croyle made a case for Cassel to be MVP. :laugh: :doh:

BroncoManiac_69
12-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Croyle made a case for Cassel to be MVP. :laugh: :doh:

That was ugly wasn't it. I didn't even see the game but the final score told the story.

Hope Matt is recovering well and you guys do get him back next week right?

GridironChamp
12-15-2010, 10:43 AM
That was ugly wasn't it. I didn't even see the game but the final score told the story.

Hope Matt is recovering well and you guys do get him back next week right?

Oh it was much, much worse than the box score :hurt:

I think Cassel is back this week, god he better be. We need to win out to win the
division.

The Chiefs Dude
12-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Omg, MATT COME BACK WE NEED YOU!

kcvet
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Cassel is working out again. rumors he'll play vs rams. nothing official yet

BroncoManiac_69
12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Cassel is working out again. rumors he'll play vs rams. nothing official yet

Matt has taken a LOT of flack since his one year wonder parade in New England, and I've always thought he was worth more than just a second look. I like the guy from what I know and he seems to be working out in KC thus far.

Hell, our own McDaniels tried to get him in Denver before the whole Cutler fiasco exploded into what it became.

Anyway, good health and wishes to Matt. He apparently is winning over the Chief fans.

And why not? You're leading the division.

kcvet
12-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Matt has taken a LOT of flack since his one year wonder parade in New England, and I've always thought he was worth more than just a second look. I like the guy from what I know and he seems to be working out in KC thus far.

Hell, our own McDaniels tried to get him in Denver before the whole Cutler fiasco exploded into what it became.

Anyway, good health and wishes to Matt. He apparently is winning over the Chief fans.

And why not? You're leading the division.

im not sure for how long. the Bolts laid a lickin' on the 9er's last night 34-7. they're just flat on fire. hope your team can cool they're heels.

BroncoManiac_69
12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
im not sure for how long. the Bolts laid a lickin' on the 9er's last night 34-7. they're just flat on fire. hope your team can cool they're heels.

The Bolts have owned us for several years. It's rather annoying. :laugh:

Hopefully we can handle them and at least scrape some sort of pride off the sidewalk before the offseason and possible lockout looming. Another week 17 loss would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth around here for a long time.

kcvet
12-19-2010, 03:30 PM
to our shock Cassel did play today. he looked 110% out there. and we win it over the Rams 27-13.

last 2 games home. 12th man will help us into the playoffs

in the mean time :goz:

The Chiefs Dude
12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
When Cassel plays this Offense comes alive. Even thou the receivers dropped a few balls.

kcvet
12-19-2010, 03:55 PM
When Cassel plays this Offense comes alive. Even thou the receivers dropped a few balls.

I think they passed around the stickum. it stuck.

what an awsome run by Charles at the end. 80 yds. wow !!!!!

we'll take the last 2 here at home. the 12th man will see to it

BroncoManiac_69
12-20-2010, 02:36 AM
to our shock Cassel did play today. he looked 110% out there. and we win it over the Rams 27-13.

last 2 games home. 12th man will help us into the playoffs

in the mean time :goz:

I missed all the action today while at work. Haven't even checked into NFL.com for the scores yet.

Congrats on the win.

I've said it before, I thought Matt was pretty good all along and he proved that in NE when pretty boy Brady went down.

Good Luck the rest of the way Chiefs fans. :salute:

We're playing for draft picks apparently. :laugh:

But the Tebow wonder boy did pretty good today, so we'll see how/where we go from here.

kcvet
12-20-2010, 07:13 AM
I missed all the action today while at work. Haven't even checked into NFL.com for the scores yet.

Congrats on the win.

I've said it before, I thought Matt was pretty good all along and he proved that in NE when pretty boy Brady went down.

Good Luck the rest of the way Chiefs fans. :salute:

We're playing for draft picks apparently. :laugh:

But the Tebow wonder boy did pretty good today, so we'll see how/where we go from here.

I watched your game online yesterday. Tebow looked good. we'll trade ya Croyle even up??? HA

unless i miss my guess Croyle is history

DenverChiefsFan
12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
...unless i miss my guess Croyle is history
I don't know exactly what his contract is...but I'd be suprised if he makes it to training camp next year.

Tebow looked good...needs work, but he still looked good...how good he can be will be proven out over time....IMO he deserves to start.

...from day one I considered Matt Cassel remarkably ordinary...a middle of the road QB that on a good day could keep you in the game but not confidence inspiring...since the Denver game he's stepped it up a notch...and yesterdays performance in St. Louis was indeed inspiring.

...on a side note...I was glad to see Chris Chambers back on the field...KC needs another WR that defenses will have to keep an eye on.

kcvet
12-20-2010, 09:48 AM
I don't know exactly what his contract is...but I'd be suprised if he makes it to training camp next year.

Tebow looked good...needs work, but he still looked good...how good he can be will be proven out over time....IMO he deserves to start.

...from day one I considered Matt Cassel remarkably ordinary...a middle of the road QB that on a good day could keep you in the game but not confidence inspiring...since the Denver game he's stepped it up a notch...and yesterdays performance in St. Louis was indeed inspiring.

...on a side note...I was glad to see Chris Chambers back on the field...KC needs another WR that defenses will have to keep an eye on.

I think Chambers has had some injury issues this year. but he is a tool badly needed. also the rookie moeaki is a hugh surprise. now doing a great job. great hands. another Tony G ???

Cassel is getting some recognition. voted O player for the mon of Nov. its an amazing turn around. 4-12 last year to this. none of us expected to be here this time of the year.

hope you guys pick up a good HC.

DenverChiefsFan
12-20-2010, 10:37 PM
I think Chambers has had some injury issues this year. but he is a tool badly needed. also the rookie moeaki is a hugh surprise. now doing a great job. great hands. another Tony G ???

Cassel is getting some recognition. voted O player for the mon of Nov. its an amazing turn around. 4-12 last year to this. none of us expected to be here this time of the year.

hope you guys pick up a good HC.
Tony wanted out of town...he's hungry for a ring and I hope he gets it...I miss Tony G. but Moe helps ease the pain...a lot.

Moeaki, McCluster, Arenas, Berry...the '10 draft was a monster hit.
...and the way Studebaker has come on, Mike Vrabel's retirement isn't such a scary thought after all.

If they can find replacements for Weigmann/Waters in the '11 draft/free agency, I think this team will be a real pain for the other three in this division for some time to come.

...and when you say you hope "you guys" pick up a good HC...I hope your not referring to me...I bleed red and gold bruddah!

BroncoManiac_69
12-21-2010, 01:17 AM
...from day one I considered Matt Cassel remarkably ordinary...a middle of the road QB that on a good day could keep you in the game but not confidence inspiring.

That is a quote from a Kyle Orton thread in our General Discussion area isn't it? :laugh:

That is EXACTLY what was said about him over and over again.

kcvet
12-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Tony wanted out of town...he's hungry for a ring and I hope he gets it...I miss Tony G. but Moe helps ease the pain...a lot.

Moeaki, McCluster, Arenas, Berry...the '10 draft was a monster hit.
...and the way Studebaker has come on, Mike Vrabel's retirement isn't such a scary thought after all.

If they can find replacements for Weigmann/Waters in the '11 draft/free agency, I think this team will be a real pain for the other three in this division for some time to come.

...and when you say you hope "you guys" pick up a good HC...I hope your not referring to me...I bleed red and gold bruddah!

doink !!! sorry i mis took you for a bronco's fan. my bad.

yep Piloi is getting it done. going from 4-12 last year to a contender this year clearly show's the progress we've made. I just hope we win the Div and get to the PO's. im on a bolts forum and theyre on their knee's praying to the Bolt god that we fail. im gettin in some good licks. already got banned on a forum. HE :)

DenverChiefsFan
12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
doink !!! sorry i mis took you for a bronco's fan. my bad.
"im on a bolts forum and theyre on their knee's praying to the Bolt god that we fail." ...LOL...
...after the last few seasons (and the prediction I had for this one), I'm more than satisfied with the way things have turned out for KC...

...and I know the Chiefs won't be able to stay with a Steeler/Patriot/Raven team in the playoffs...but getting there would mean the Chargers didn't...and the way the media (and the Charger fans) have been yammering on about them, that for me would make this season just that more sweet.

BroncoManiac_69
12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
...and I know the Chiefs won't be able to stay with a Steeler/Patriot/Raven team in the playoffs...but getting there would mean the Chargers didn't...and the way the media (and the Charger fans) have been yammering on about them, that for me would make this season just that more sweet.

Good Luck. I think many Bronco fans would much rather see the Chiefs make it over the Chargers.

Get er done. :salute: