Don't jinx the Phillies. :P

Southstander
12-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Agreed

Red Sox SWEEP !!!

Well said.

#1snake_fan
12-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Sox have never lost a World Series game under Francona and Don't see it happening now not with the most powerful lineup we'd bring to a World Series this decade. (not just talking Batting) Fox is already drooling over this right now. And having the LCS's look like this

NLCS

San Francisco V. Philadelphia

ALCS

New York V. Boston

I'm drooling over the ALCS myself ... and the Series of course :salute:

Broncoholic3233
12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Sox have never lost a World Series game under Francona and Don't see it happening now not with the most powerful lineup we'd bring to a World Series this decade. (not just talking Batting) Fox is already drooling over this right now. And having the LCS's look like this

NLCS

San Francisco V. Philadelphia

ALCS

New York V. Boston

I'm drooling over the ALCS myself ... and the Series of course :salute:
:nono:

NLCS

Rockies V. Philadelphia (Rockies in 7)

ALCS

New York V. Boston (NYY in 7)

WS

New York V. Rockies (Rockies in 7)

:D My dream series.

CanDB
12-14-2010, 12:22 PM
I am not the type to say "enough said", but was reacting to Cliff Lee's amazing signing........NOT to the bottomless pit NYYankees. I am so glad that Lee and a few others avoid the bright lights when they can fulfill themselves elsewhere. Someone mentioned that it may not be a coincidence that the best children's hospital for providing care for what his son is enduring, resides in Philadelphia (I believe it's called CHOP). That would be so wonderful, even if the salary will be pretty sufficient for anyone for that matter, and the fact that The Phils have a great team already.......as a matter of fact the starters aren't too shabby now....;)

The statement is also in reference to who the Red Sox acquired, back to back.....incredible lineup!!!

I used to be a Yankee fan.............way back.

CHARGER$
12-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I wonder what its like for those fans of teams that spend money, i'll never know. I think ill stop buying padre gear and rock some other teams with logos i like, like detriot and philly.

DevilSpawn
12-14-2010, 01:26 PM
I like the excitement for your clubs, but remember that for the next two years, there's a 97% certainty that if the Yankees are leading in the 8th, they win the game. Not sure any other team can say this with certainty. Just saying. :smug:

I'll wait to see the rest of the moves to see if we win the division or get the wild card. I'd like to get a sig bet for the confident regarding the following:

Over/Under wins
Division Crowns
WS Appearance
WS Title

CanDB
12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
I wonder what its like for those fans of teams that spend money, i'll never know. I think ill stop buying padre gear and rock some other teams with logos i like, like detriot and philly.

They are spoiled rotten.......unfortunately there are a lot of teams who have little to hope for each year, given the huge salary gap. I don't like it.

Sure, occasionally the low paid guys beat the fat cats....but that's not the norm.

It's like when we used to split teams in the playground, and giving one dude the first 4 or 5 picks before the other guy got one.

Bring back parity to the game...

BTW.......I wanted to click your pic, just because the pic is so slick!

Southstander
12-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Some commentator are saying "small market teams" are statrting to spend more.

Atwnbroncfan
12-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Dont count out the rockies they are quietly building a great roster. If they get their last 2 targets, michael young and rich harden, look out.

ERoyal248
12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Phillies lost one of their best hitters in Werth who was their only RH power bat. Philly is kind of LH heavy in their lineup.

I'm pretty high on Boston, i really like their team this year in the AL.

Those two should be the favorites, but the games still have to be played.

I find it funny how everyone isn't even talking about the 2010 WS Champs, the Giants. They shut down every team in the playoffs with their pitching and add in Bumgarner for a full year who's one of the best young pitchers in the game.

Kno-Sean
12-14-2010, 08:56 PM
They are spoiled rotten.......unfortunately there are a lot of teams who have little to hope for each year, given the huge salary gap. I don't like it.

Sure, occasionally the low paid guys beat the fat cats....but that's not the norm.

It's like when we used to split teams in the playground, and giving one dude the first 4 or 5 picks before the other guy got one.

Bring back parity to the game...

BTW.......I wanted to click your pic, just because the pic is so slick!

Agreed 100%

Baseball might be my favorite sport, but the MLB is just stupid. I can't understand it at all. The Philli makes me sick now. Just like the Red Sox in the Yankees.

Unless you are from Boston/Philli/New York, i have no respect for you if you are a fan of their team.

Baseball is just stupid. The Salary Gap is just too much for me. Why does it have to be the same damn teams every year?

Just stupid.

Don't even get me started on individual contracts these days...

Man sorry that was my little rant.

CanDB
12-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Agreed 100%

Baseball might be my favorite sport, but the MLB is just stupid. I can't understand it at all. The Philli makes me sick now. Just like the Red Sox in the Yankees.

Unless you are from Boston/Philli/New York, i have no respect for you if you are a fan of their team.

Baseball is just stupid. The Salary Gap is just too much for me. Why does it have to be the same damn teams every year?

Just stupid.

Don't even get me started on individual contracts these days...

Man sorry that was my little rant.

Feel better? ;)

Kno-Sean
12-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Feel better? ;)

A little, I'd feel better if my Twinkies could finally beat the damn Yankees in the playoffs.

acstyle
12-16-2010, 01:51 PM
:coffee:
Let's be serious here. The Yankees beat themselves more than anything last season. The pitching was faltering, and the bats were too quiet to win against an opportunity-taking Texas team. I never really expected New York to nail down Cliff Lee (his wife was a big reason), but the fact that we didn't get him certainly doesn't spell doom for the 2011 season. He's not a perfect pitcher. He faltered the one time he shouldn't have: when it mattered. We have a new pitching coach. We have a MVP-caliber second baseman, an offensive and defensive weapon at first base, and a batting line-up in which any given batter can bring a pitcher to their knees. We have a lot of talented pitching that just needs to be solidified. We've dealt with Cliff Lee before. We've dealt with Carl Crawford before. We've dealt with both Philadelphia and Boston before, although Boston really has been a non-factor in the last couple of years. Also, it's December. Usually Philly and Sox fans wait until April to claim the season won. We just won a World Series a year ago, there's plenty of time left to pick up players. I'd be a stupid baseball fan to count those teams out, but I'd be a stupid baseball fan to count any team out. That being said with regards to the Phillies and Red Sox, quite frankly, I'm not shaking in my boots...yet. Talk to me again in May and we'll see.