PDA

View Full Version : Bellicheck to suffer the same fate?

Aksouthsida
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
The Broncos had Elway, Shanahan, and were one of the best teams for many, many years. when Elway retired, the broncos had a slew of mediocre seasons which inevitably led to Shanahans dismissal.

will Bellicheck and the patriots suffer when Brady retires or goes down to injury? will they go through years of at best average teams like shanahan did post -elway?

will we see bellicheck getting fired much like shanahan did ten years after Elway retired?

i was doing some research on what shanahan has done with the redskins so far and it really got me to thinking what time of similarities we might see between these two coaches when their superstars hang up the cleats.

thoughts?

leeroyjenkins
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM
who cares? i dont wanna hear anything patriot related after the McD fiasco

LSIGRAD09
01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I would hope that would happen. That bandwagon would collapse quickly.

TheBroncoEra
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
The Broncos had Elway, Shanahan, and were one of the best teams for many, many years. when Elway retired, the broncos had a slew of mediocre seasons which inevitably led to Shanahans dismissal.

will Bellicheck and the patriots suffer when Brady retires or goes down to injury? will they go through years of at best average teams like shanahan did post -elway?

will we see bellicheck getting fired much like shanahan did ten years after Elway retired?

i was doing some research on what shanahan has done with the redskins so far and it really got me to thinking what time of similarities we might see between these two coaches when their superstars hang up the cleats.

thoughts?

That's an interesting scenario, and it is a possibility. One thing that will help the Patriots after Brady retires or whatever is the way their FO works the draft, they always end up with premium picks and get amazing players every year. So Brady going down or retiring will hurt them, but I don't think as much as it hurt us when Elway retired :salute:

flosstein
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM

thoughts?

Bill is way better at drafting, trading, and F/A than Shanny ever was. And that is the reason he will not suffer Shanny's fate. Poppa Bill is the father to the "Patsie Way" and though his cronies may make his system look like a joke, he's gonna keep winning. I'm sure he's already got a plan in action. So don't be surprised if the take a really good project QB in rounds 2 or 3 of either this or next years draft.

themadfanatic
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Bills the best coach of all time hell be ok, I'm sure they'll find a qb to run his system

Joshecalpoly
01-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Bill is way better at drafting, trading, and F/A than Shanny ever was. And that is the reason he will not suffer Shanny's fate. Poppa Bill is the father to the "Patsie Way" and though his cronies may make his system look like a joke, he's gonna keep winning. I'm sure he's already got a plan in action. So don't be surprised if the take a really good project QB in rounds 2 or 3 of either this or next years draft.

Nah he may just go after another late round project. Rick Stanzi seems like a BB guy maybe even Nathan Enderle.

halfback
01-08-2011, 07:35 PM
absolutley the pats and bellicheck will suffer when tom terriffic retires, i wouldnt be suprised to see bill ride off in the sunset when tom does, to be honest

Broncos724
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Belichick has made the ultimate system. He can literally swap out players for others, as long as those players possess a certain few qualities. Of course there would be some dropoff after replacing Brady but you saw how they did with Cassel...11-5, and were very unlucky in missing the playoffs.

DevilSpawn
01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Bill will probably retire before Tom Brady does.

InsaneBlaze23
01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Maybe they will draft another Michigan QB in the 6th, that turns into a NFL future HOF.....:paper:

BroncoFanNC
01-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Did you see the backup QB come in and go 7/13 and get 122 Yards and a TD against Miami?

I think they will be ok regardless....

SyxxSynse
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Short answer, if Brady retires before Bellichick, I think he will be ok. The Patriots are just too good.

JoRo
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Bill will probably retire before Tom Brady does.

My guess, or they retire the same year.

AC1
01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Absolutely. Not only Belichick, but his entire coaching tree is a model of mediocrity without Brady as the QB. If anything, Shanahan did a lot more without his big-name QB than Belichick ever has.

Belichick's good forture was finding Brady at a young age while Shanahan became a head coach too late in Elway's career. If Shanahan had come over when Reeves was fired, we might have had a couple more SBs.

Regardless, a lot of what passes for Belichick's system are things he incorporated from Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, and Mike Shanahan (even though he only worked with one of them).

InsaneBlaze23
01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
If there is any good team headed to where we are, it's the Colts.

I know they still have Manning, but that defense other than Mathis and Freeney, needs a overhaul.

The secondary sucks, the LB's are mediocre at best, and they can't top the run.
As for the offense, they need a better RB and FB, plus more WR depth, Wanye is getting old so he will need a big name wide to play by his side,(not including Garcon). Without Dallas Clark the offense is dead, so just like us they need a new TE for Manning to throw it too, just in case. Lastly there OL needs to be fixed, other than Saturday, the line sucks.

I might be flamed for this, but just think about it, and think about how this season went, along with the Super Bowl, where in the 4th they looked dead.