PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony almost ready for trade.

InsaneBlaze23
01-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Now I'm not big on basketball or the NBA, in fact I hate basketball and think it's america's 4th best sport under Football, Hockey, and baseball.

But in this link/article is the details of the deal that will likely happen and send Anthony to the Nets.

After being trade bait for a while, Rip Hamilton finally might be on the move.

As initially reported by the Bergen (N.J.) Record late Friday night and confirmed by the Free Press, the longtime Pistons shooting guard seems to be going to the Nets for Troy Murphy and his expiring contract.
It’s part of a blockbuster three-team deal involving the Nuggets that would land the Nets superstar Carmelo Anthony. The Pistons are on board with the deal and were playing the waiting game early Monday morning as the Nuggets and Nets worked to complete the deal.
After initially being reluctant to take on center Johan Petro’s contract, which has two years and $6.75 million left on it, Yahoo! Sports and ESPN reported that the Pistons would likely have to bite the bullet and take him on as part of the deal. Adding his deal lowers the salary-cap savings to $7 million. The Pistons would have little choice as they have struggled to unload Hamilton’s two years and guaranteed $21.5 million over the next two seasons.
Multiple media outlets are reporting the other details, including that the Nets also will get Anthony and the Nuggets’ Chauncey Billups, a former Piston, backup guard Anthony Carter and center Sheldon Williams; Denver gets Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow, Stephen Graham, Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh and at potentially multiple first-round picks.
But it’s a good move for the Pistons. Toss in Tayshaun Prince’s and Chris Wilcox’s expiring contracts, $11.5 million and $3 million, respectively, and the Pistons would have salary-cap room and a potential lottery pick entering the off-season.
When the story first broke Friday, the Nets initially wanted the Pistons’ first-round pick in exchange for taking Hamilton’s contract off their hands. The Free Press reported the Pistons wouldn’t even consider parting with the likely lottery pick.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110109/SPORTS03/110109035/1355/SPORTS/Hamilton-may-be-headed-to-Nets

Downboy
01-09-2011, 11:59 PM
I hope the whole thing is done by tomorrow. I'm tired of hearing about it. Welcome back to irrelevance Denver Nuggets.

BluenOrnge4Life
01-10-2011, 08:25 AM
I hope the whole thing is done by tomorrow. I'm tired of hearing about it. Welcome back to irrelevance Denver Nuggets.

The Nuggets are relevant now? No team with ever win a championship with Carmelo Anthony leading them. He absolutely refuses to play defense.

Downboy
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
The Nuggets are relevant now? No team with ever win a championship with Carmelo Anthony leading them. He absolutely refuses to play defense.

So never even sniffing the playoffs is better? The Nuggets have been in the playoffs every year since we drafted Melo. I think people around Denver forget how terrible of an organization the Nuggets were for years. So yeah you are correct. Melo doesn't play defense. He hasn't won them a championship. But he had them closer than anyone ever has.

Broncoholic3233
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
So never even sniffing the playoffs is better? The Nuggets have been in the playoffs every year since we drafted Melo. I think people around Denver forget how terrible of an organization the Nuggets were for years. So yeah you are correct. Melo doesn't play defense. He hasn't won them a championship. But he had them closer than anyone ever has.

I love this argument. :laugh:

We still have a good team without Melo. We still manage to win without him.

You want to know what our assist differential is when he plays and when he doesn't?

We are a team when we play without him, we aren't when he plays.

I am SOOOOOOOOO happy he is leaving even if that means we blow it up. We have a good young core to build around. We would get another very promising rookie in Favors and a good PG in Harris to play with Ty.

I am willing to lose a year or two of playoffs to play team basketball and get that tool out of Denver.

I just hope we don't have to lose Billups for that too happen, and if we do, I hope we pick him up right when they drop his contract. (just like the cavs with Big Z last year)

Downboy
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM

You want to know what our assist differential is when he plays and when he doesn't?

I am SOOOOOOOOO happy he is leaving even if that means we blow it up. We have a good young core to build around. We would get another very promising rookie in Favors and a good PG in Harris to play with Ty.

I am willing to lose a year or two of playoffs to play team basketball and get that tool out of Denver.

I just hope we don't have to lose Billups for that too happen, and if we do, I hope we pick him up right when they drop his contract. (just like the cavs with Big Z last year)

We do have some young talent. We can use that. But you still need a star to build around in the NBA. It's the sad truth. I do hate the lack of team effort on this team though. But that's not all Melo. People use him as a scape goat way too often around here. The truth is Melo's lack of effort on defense would be tolerable if he just hustled on rebounding more often.

InsaneBlaze23
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM

Well part of the deal is Nets get Rip Hamilton, Melo, and Billups.
Sorry you might lose the guy, I'm a Pistons fan, and when we trade Billups, everybody in the city was complaining about, since I'm not big on basketball, I can't say much about the Nuggets history and there talent, I do know that Devin Harris,Ty Law, Anderson, and JR Smith are beast.

Cahill
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I wanted him on the Knicks but we're doing better than I anticipated this season. Don't really think we need him and as Melo stated himself, why would the Knicks want to risk messing up something good for him? Luckily for me, I live in New Jersey right outside of New York. I get the best of both worlds although I am only a Knicks fan. It would be nice to see another superstar around here.

Bowie Man
01-12-2011, 11:47 AM

This, I want Billups to retire a Nugget, and Melo isn't going to resign with us anyway. Hopefully this goes through and we get Chauncey back.

BroncoSexyDaddy
01-22-2011, 03:12 AM
I heard the Golden State Warriors are putting together 3 players for a possible big name player.The playes mentioned were Radmonivich,Brandan Wright,and a player to ge named later,im wondering if its Carmelo that they are pursuing.It wax said they have until the 24th to make a move,and the new owners wants to booster up the team for a possible playoff run.Hopefully,we will know if it is indeed Carmelo in the coming days.

Broncoholic3233
01-22-2011, 03:22 AM
I heard the Golden State Warriors are putting together 3 players for a possible big name player.The playes mentioned were Radmonivich,Brandan Wright,and a player to ge named later,im wondering if its Carmelo that they are pursuing.It wax said they have until the 24th to make a move,and the new owners wants to booster up the team for a possible playoff run.Hopefully,we will know if it is indeed Carmelo in the coming days.

Hmmmm.....interesting. Not sure of what the deal would include though, player and pick wise.

I doubt Melo would sign there, and the GSW aren't necessarily one piece away from a deep playoff run to just rent him.

But...quick question....are you a Warriors or Nuggets fan BroncoSexyDaddy?