PDA

View Full Version : Why are ppl so hung up over Cutler ?

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 03:06 PM
I keep seeing on here some people who want him to win or want him to lose, etc.............. but I don't see why it matters.

Anyone saying 'Cutler has lead the Bears to the championship game' are as bad as the people saying 'Sanchez has the Jets one game from the SB' LOL

Cutler is not a bad QB, but he's not a particularly good one either.

If we had traded away someone like Rodgers THEN I would be mad but Cutler is a pretty mediocre QB.

Chicago are in the Champ game this year the same way they got the SB a few years ago with Grossman, a D ranked near the top of the league and a ST unit also ranked highly, both years have the offense ranked very low (bottom 5 I believe).

The difference being this year is that the Bears are no where near as good as they were a few years ago. From the back-up QB's they have played, to the CJ non-TD to the Roughing the QB call on Suh to the Rodgers injury against Detroit that cost them the North to the amazing luck of facing Seattle at home last week.

If they beat GB this week THEN they deserve credit for actually beating a good team, if Cutler is the reason then HE deserves alot of credit.

But lets be real here ppl

JaysusCutler
01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm more angry over trading a pick that turned into Greg Jennings for Javon Walker to be honest. I cringe everytime he makes a play.

I don't care whether or not Cutler wins but I do watch him with interest because of the whole ordeal.

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm more angry over trading a pick that turned into Greg Jennings for Javon Walker to be honest. I cringe everytime he makes a play.

I don't care whether or not Cutler wins but I do watch him with interest because of the whole ordeal.

Yeah I can see why ppl are interested, I was never a big Cutler fan even before the trade as I hated his attitude, there's no way I would want him here in a million years.

JaysusCutler
01-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah I can see why ppl are interested, I was never a big Cutler fan even before the trade as I hated his attitude, there's no way I would want him here in a million years.

Haha as you can tell by my screenname, I did like Cutler while he was here, but I loved all the draft picks we got for him, because draft day is my favorite day of the year.

ERoyal248
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM

Ugh, don't remind me. I was so mad when that happened.

Pretty much agree with Cutler and the Bears.

They've had so many breaks this year it's not even funny. This Sunday against the Packers, Cutler will have to win this game, easier said then done against that defense.

CoryWinget81
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
On Mike and Mike this morning, Greenberg said "The underrated, underappreciated Bears that have gotten no respect"

...wait...what? You're kidding right?

Well, guess what Chicago, you've ran out of 3rd string QB's and strange calls when you face Green Bay day after tomorrow.

As far as Cutler goes, he used to be a Bronco, so I guess he's just that polarizing. I don't get the hate, because honestly he has nothing to do with us. Also, I don't get the hype. Congrats Cutler. Your very first playoff win. Against a 7-9 team that shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. That you struggled to put away. Congratulations.

saphire1
01-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Chicago are in the Champ game this year the same way they got the SB a few years ago with Grossman, a D ranked near the top of the league and a ST unit also ranked highly, both years have the offense ranked very low (bottom 5 I believe).

ask cutler how it benefitted him having a 2nd ranked offense just 2 years ago. and i bet the people that have said that it's because of chicago's defense that they are in the playoffs, are probbaly the same people that said if only denver even had an average defense that 2008 team will be in the playoffs.

From the back-up QB's they have played,

peppers knocked off stafford in the first game. their defense forced stafford out. its not their fault they faced other back-up qbs. the bears were forced to play their own back-up qbs this season when they obviously didnt want to.

to the CJ non-TD

the same "non-TD" already happened to the bears a few years ago when they still had berrian. during that time it went against the bears. they had a TD taken away. this time, it favored them. i bet no one was crying for the bears when that "non-TD" call went against them.

to the Roughing the QB call on Suh

there have been more atrocious roughing penalties this season than that. kitna was merely bumped after throwing the ball and didnt even fall to the ground and the ref called the penalty on the other team. rodgers was also a beneficiary to questionable roughing the passer calls in two games against the bears this year. "lucky" roughing penalties just dont happen to cutler even if you think they do.

to the Rodgers injury against Detroit that cost them the North

that was rodgers' fault. he made a bad decision to go head first instead of sliding. he knows the season is on the line and theres no room to make stupid decisions like that if it will only give you a few yards. when he got injured, the score was 0-0 in the 2nd quarter. i dont see how that should go against the bears.

to the amazing luck of facing Seattle at home last week.

ask new orleans how lucky they felt to face seattle. and before you say that that's different because seattle was at home and this time they're on the road, seattle beat chicago at home in week 6, 23-20.

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
ask cutler how it benefitted him having a 2nd ranked offense just 2 years ago. and i bet the people that have said that it's because of chicago's defense that they are in the playoffs, are probbaly the same people that said if only denver even had an average defense that 2008 team will be in the playoffs.

peppers knocked off stafford in the first game. their defense forced stafford out. its not their fault they faced other back-up qbs. the bears were forced to play their own back-up qbs this season when they obviously didnt want to.

the same "non-TD" already happened to the bears a few years ago when they still had berrian. during that time it went against the bears. they had a TD taken away. this time, it favored them. i bet no one was crying for the bears when that "non-TD" call went against them.

there have been more atrocious roughing penalties this season than that. kitna was merely bumped after throwing the ball and didnt even fall to the ground and the ref called the penalty on the other team. rodgers was also a beneficiary to questionable roughing the passer calls in two games against the bears this year. "lucky" roughing penalties just dont happen to cutler even if you think they do.

that was rodgers' fault. he made a bad decision to go head first instead of sliding. he knows the season is on the line and theres no room to make stupid decisions like that if it will only give you a few yards. when he got injured, the score was 0-0 in the 2nd quarter. i dont see how that should go against the bears.

ask new orleans how lucky they felt to face seattle. and before you say that that's different because seattle was at home and this time they're on the road, seattle beat chicago at home in week 6, 23-20.

In 08 the Broncos were 2nd in yards, 16th in points, mainly because the D kept giving up points quickly so the offense was always on the field.

I'm not saying the way the chips have fallen is there fault but they have been so lucky in the things we mentioned and injurys that its unreal.

Finally, on Seattle, they never deserved to be in the playoffs, MAYBE an 8-8 team could squeak in (very luckily) but NEVER should a team with a losing record be in the playoffs, espeically when they lost so heavily to any half decent team (except the win in Chicago).

Any team has a chance a home, and Seattle is not an easy place to go but the Saints still hung a boatload of points of them but the soft D got beat up, Seattle had their day but where never going to beat anyone on the road.

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Your point about Seattle winning in Chicago just further proves to me how average the Bears are, even WE smashed them at home and we were pretty poor this year

LSIGRAD09
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
I respect him, though I heard he is a jerk.
People shouldn't be mad at him, I'm sticking to my guns that it was McDaniels that screwed it up.
Doesn't make sense to hate Cutler, when people don't hate Hillis or Scheffler. Yet again, those guys didn't actively want out, but to be fair, they weren't really secretly on the trade block either.

If he makes it to the SB, it will sting, but if he stayed, who knows what would have happened. What's done is done!

SAs long as the Steelers don't win the SB. Any of the other 3 are fine, because they haven't won it in a while.:thumb:

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I respect him, though I heard he is a jerk.
People shouldn't be mad at him, I'm sticking to my guns that it was McDaniels that screwed it up.
Doesn't make sense to hate Cutler, when people don't hate Hillis or Scheffler. Yet again, those guys didn't actively want out, but to be fair, they weren't really secretly on the trade block either.

If he makes it to the SB, it will sting, but if he stayed, who knows what would have happened. What's done is done!

SAs long as the Steelers don't win the SB. Any of the other 3 are fine, because they haven't won it in a while.:thumb:

McD and Cutler were both to blame.

Alot of ppl were not high on Cutler even before the trade as his demeanor was so bad and the way he shot out of town and refused to take calls from Bowlen. The way he had that stupid dispute with Rivers that was embarrassing and then took a shot at the Denver fanbase.

I just don't rate the Bears at all, in the other game I REALLY DO NOT LIKE the Jets but at least I can respect them for winning 2 tough games and looking like they belong, Chicago look like frauds to me.

LSIGRAD09
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Alot of ppl were not high on Cutler even before the trade as his demeanor was so bad and the way he shot out of town and refused to take calls from Bowlen. The way he had that stupid dispute with Rivers that was embarrassing and then took a shot at the Denver fanbase.

I just don't rate the Bears at all, in the other game I REALLY DO NOT LIKE the Jets but at least I can respect them for winning 2 tough games and looking like they belong, Chicago look like frauds to me.

Thanks for clarifying, I am not big on all the details of Cutler. I know he has a crappy attitude and such, I must admit that even I don't know why some dislike Cutler. We're guaranteed almost to never face him, and we have so many issues in house to fix.:thumb:

saphire1
01-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Your point about Seattle winning in Chicago just further proves to me how average the Bears are, even WE smashed them at home and we were pretty poor this year

so if i go by your logic, then chicago had no business winning last week's game, even moreso by the way they won it???? then how the heck did they win that game????? seattle should file a complaint with the league!!!!!! seattle should have trounced chicago with their eyes closed!!!!

Finally, on Seattle, they never deserved to be in the playoffs, MAYBE an 8-8 team could squeak in (very luckily)

again, ask new orleans why seattle doesnt deserve to be in the playoffs. or ask the colts 2 years ago if they were very lucky to face an 8-8 san diego team in the playoffs.

In 08 the Broncos were 2nd in yards, 16th in points, mainly because the D kept giving up points quickly so the offense was always on the field.

the bears offense this year are 30th in yards, 21st in points. ask cutler how he would have given up a few notches in the rankings of that 2008 offense just to even have a 15th ranked defense.

and by what you said that the offense was on the field more, doesnt that prove the point all the more that cutler had to do way, way more and compensate a lot more for the very atrocious defense. that every possession he's always burdened to score because the D will give up points easily. the defense was the main problem during that offseason. lo and behold, 2 years later, by rewriting history, it was actually the qb that was the main problem.

CoryWinget81
01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I am not big on all the details of Cutler. I know he has a crappy attitude and such, I must admit that even I don't know why some dislike Cutler. We're guaranteed almost to never face him, and we have so many issues in house to fix.:thumb:

Except on some monday night in 2011.

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
so if i go by your logic, then chicago had no business winning last week's game, even moreso by the way they won it???? then how the heck did they win that game????? seattle should file a complaint with the league!!!!!! seattle should have trounced chicago with their eyes closed!!!!

again, ask new orleans why seattle doesnt deserve to be in the playoffs.

the bears offense this year are 30th in yards, 21st in points. ask cutler how he would have given up a few notches in the rankings of that 2008 offense just to even have a 15th ranked defense.

and by what you said that the offense was on the field more, doesnt that prove the point all the more that cutler had to do way, way more and compensate a lot more for the very atrocious defense. that every possession he's always burdened to score because the D will give up points easily. the defense was the main problem during that offseason. lo and behold, 2 years later, by rewriting history, it was actually the qb that was the main problem.

I already mentioned Seattle, any team can pull off an upset on any given day, obviously helped greatly that they were at home, doesn't mean they were any good, they finished with a final record of 8-10.

I would like to see how many teams Chicago played in the regular season that got to the playoffs and their record in them games. I would bet its quite poor.

LSIGRAD09
01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Except on some monday night in 2011.

In that rare case, I hope we crush him, considering that is what Denver is supposed to do.:thumb:

bronx_2003
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
In that rare case, I hope we crush him, considering that is what Denver is supposed to do.:thumb:

Should be good. We do not need as many pieces as some ppl would lead you to believe. We could surprise teams next year and should beat the Bears at home.

LSIGRAD09
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Should be good. We do not need as many pieces as some ppl would lead you to believe. We could surprise teams next year and should beat the Bears at home.

Hopefully, I definitely think 4-12 is the worst Denver will ever do. We can definitely pull ourselves out.

PrideisBears
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Meh, I see it like this. People are upset that the Bears are doing well and Cutler is a good part of that reasoning. I didn't see anybody complaining about an anti Cutler thread last year:peace: and now since he is doing well it's because the team is lucky

watha?
01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I already mentioned Seattle, any team can pull off an upset on any given day, obviously helped greatly that they were at home, doesn't mean they were any good, they finished with a final record of 8-10.

I would like to see how many teams Chicago played in the regular season that got to the playoffs and their record in them games. I would bet its quite poor.

They did just as impressive as the other 3 teams still in the PO right now.
They beat the packer,philly,and jet.
the packer beat the bear,philly and falcon
the Pitt beat the raven and Atl
all their other win are against team not worth mentioning. So you bet wrong.

rst08tierney
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I wish cutler the best even though it will hurt to see him in the super bowl this year

MrO
01-21-2011, 10:19 PM

And i'm sure they don't rate the 4-12 Broncos either. Better to be lucky than one of the worst teams in the league like Denver.

ursamajor
01-22-2011, 01:29 AM
On Mike and Mike this morning, Greenberg said "The underrated, underappreciated Bears that have gotten no respect"

...wait...what? You're kidding right?

Well, guess what Chicago, you've ran out of 3rd string QB's and strange calls when you face Green Bay day after tomorrow.

As far as Cutler goes, he used to be a Bronco, so I guess he's just that polarizing. I don't get the hate, because honestly he has nothing to do with us. Also, I don't get the hype. Congrats Cutler. Your very first playoff win. Against a 7-9 team that shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. That you struggled to put away. Congratulations.Funny thing is, Rodgers and the Packers lost to a 3rd string QB (they too have faced plenty of backups) only a few weeks ago. And they got the benefit of a strange call in their 2 point win against the Lions in Lambeau. But these teams' performanes against other squads means squat when they face eachother. It's THE Rivalry thing, you wouldn't understand.

dbfan2007
01-22-2011, 01:52 AM
:confused:

You start first ....

Whats real is Denver traded away its QB that had the single season record for passing yards (4526) and some how he can be described as not particular good and former fans of his think he is somehow worse because he was traded.... Even though

Not 1 person that reads this thread or post can show a negative post or thread they made about Cutler while playing for the Broncos..The minute he gets traded that's a different story and if you do not have such a post or thread showing this ...I will not reply to opinionated dribble

Wasn't that the same season we put about 5 RBs on IR and we had to throw the ball?

saphire1
01-22-2011, 11:32 AM

out of the final four teams, chicago has beaten 2 - packers and the jets. they cannot beat pittsburgh because they didnt play them this season.

so that's 2/3 or 66% if my math is correct. yes, that is quite poor.

bears6385
01-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Funny thing is, Rodgers and the Packers lost to a 3rd string QB (they too have faced plenty of backups) only a few weeks ago. And they got the benefit of a strange call in their 2 point win against the Lions in Lambeau. But these teams' performanes against other squads means squat when they face eachother. It's THE Rivalry thing, you wouldn't understand.It is one thing to have the good fortune to play backup QB's, it is quite another thing to actually take advantage of that good fortune. Take a look at what happened to the three backups the Bears faced and beat the following week.

We shut out the Tyler Thigpen led Dolphins, and the following week those same Dolphins go on the road and beat an Oakland team that was still in the playoff hunt.

Drew Stanton......Bears beat the Lions 24-20, and the following week the Lions find a way to beat the Packers, and then on the road beat the contending Bucs.

Joe Webb.......Bears dominate this QB and that team. The Following week at Philly the Vikings upset an Eagle team fighting for that #2 seed in the playoffs.

Bears were the only one of these teams that was good enough to take advantage of their supposedly "good luck."

bears6385
01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Should be good. We do not need as many pieces as some ppl would lead you to believe. We could surprise teams next year and should beat the Bears at home.Well having 7-8 new defensive starters would be a good place to start.

JakeNbake
01-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Who's Cutler? You mean.... Jay Cutler?

ursamajor
01-22-2011, 06:02 PM
It is one thing to have the good fortune to play backup QB's, it is quite another thing to actually take advantage of that good fortune. Take a look at what happened to the three backups the Bears faced and beat the following week.

We shut out the Tyler Thigpen led Dolphins, and the following week those same Dolphins go on the road and beat an Oakland team that was still in the playoff hunt.

Drew Stanton......Bears beat the Lions 24-20, and the following week the Lions find a way to beat the Packers, and then on the road beat the contending Bucs.

Joe Webb.......Bears dominate this QB and that team. The Following week at Philly the Vikings upset an Eagle team fighting for that #2 seed in the playoffs. "Not the crappy Bears, not crappy Cutler.

Bears were the only one of these teams that was good enough to take advantage of their supposedly "good luck."But Webb didn't start, Favre did. So we still faced the Vikings starter.

on a side note, I Remember last year, no one gave the Bears a chance to beat the Vikings on MNF when they came to Soldier. They blew the Bears out in the previous mtg, and were still hasing the 1 seed.

O Not Cutler, he sucks, the Bears suck...Allen is going to Kill Jay. The Bears have no shot."

Jay scortched the Minny D to the tune of 4 tds-1 of which was the game winner in OT.

Keep hating.

CanDB
01-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Jay Cutler was our QB, and therefore he was the QB I pulled for. But over time I realized that his personality kind of turns me off. I overlooked that when he was a Bronco. And even though McDaniels was a big part to blame for the "fiasco", I saw even more of Jay's true colours during the meltdown.

So, for people like me, we just don't love the guy, primarily because of his personality. And it's clear that a lot of sports people are a bit turned off by him in that way also, and not because of the way he handled the meltdown. He plain and simple comes across as a cold, non interesting dude.

Hey......you can counter this all you want, but I can't help it if Jay doesn't earn my loyalty. It's a free world.

BUT I'M BIG ON RODGERS....no matter what happens on Sunday.

Da Swerski
01-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Jay Cutler was our QB, and therefore he was the QB I pulled for. But over time I realized that his personality kind of turns me off. I overlooked that when he was a Bronco. And even though McDaniels was a big part to blame for the "fiasco", I saw even more of Jay's true colours during the meltdown.

So, for people like me, we just don't love the guy, primarily because of his personality. And it's clear that a lot of sports people are a bit turned off by him in that way also, and not because of the way he handled the meltdown. He plain and simple comes across as a cold, non interesting dude.

Hey......you can counter this all you want, but I can't help it if Jay doesn't earn my loyalty. It's a free world.

BUT I'M BIG ON RODGERS....no matter what happens on Sunday.
This is an answer I can respect. It's annoying when people don't like Jay because of stuff that isn't true. Such as "McDaniels never tried to trade him for Cassel." ect. ect. You recognize what really happened, and given all the facts you don't like Jay. I can't fault anyone for having that opinion.

CoryWinget81
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't like Jay Cutler because he's a big hairy female private part.

JaysusCutler
01-23-2011, 08:16 PM
This is an answer I can respect. It's annoying when people don't like Jay because of stuff that isn't true. Such as "McDaniels never tried to trade him for Cassel." ect. ect. You recognize what really happened, and given all the facts you don't like Jay. I can't fault anyone for having that opinion.

What about people not liking McDaniels for stuff that isn't true like "he initiated trade talks for Cassell"

bronx_2003
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Just like I thought.

Cutler is nothing more than mediocre and as soon as the Bears play a good team they get beat, lucky it was only by 7, kinda flattered them I thought.

The point ppl make about Cutlers heart and leadership questioned again today, by MJD and Sanders.

Never mind Chicago, at least you beat the Seahawks :D

wayninja
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
I have nothing against the guy professionally. Personally, though, he's a total ****.

Anyone who insults Denver fans deserves what he gets.

MileHighStud
01-23-2011, 09:04 PM
I never liked Jay Cutler. I disliked him when we drafted him and hated seing him in a Broncos uni. With that said, it's just fun to root for him to lose! A bonus when he shows what a coward he is like he did today. :D

nierika
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Cutler and the Bears get spanked today. :)