PDA

View Full Version : Former Panthers RB Coach Skipper has interview with Carolina next week..

CarolinaPride
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi all, Panther fan here. Any of you heard any word out west about this? Last I heard, he said he was heading out west soon, many assumed to be with Fox and the Broncos. Now, he's supposed to meet up with Rivera next week for an interview, for a new job as the Panthers RB Coach.

Just curious if any of the western media outlets around Denver have any information on the matter. Because, aside from a couple tweets, there's nothing on this side of the country about it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-22-2011, 08:17 PM
No, there hasn't been any news. Studesville got the) coach position, so I've been wondering what capacity he would be in with the Broncos.

Jay3
01-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, they tested him and he had too much Panther-stink on him. Had to send him packin'. :thumb:

CarolinaPride
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
That's part of what I was wondering also. I thought maybe Fox would have given him some small form of a promotion.

It's not that I'm disappointed about the possibility of him remaining a Panther, the guy has made Goodson, Williams, Stewart, Sutton look like they're all capable of being 1200+ yard rushers. Was just prepared on him going to Denver. Him and Fox really are close and Williams would most definitely follow, if the Panthers do as I believe, and let him walk.

Jay3
01-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Turns out we're getting rid of all the running backs, and Tebow will run a QB keeper 37 times a game. :thumb:

Saves on the budget for running back coach.

McSmashie
01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow, I was wondering what was going on with Skipper. It looked like he was coming here as the Asst HC. Im pretty disappointed to see Denver didnt lock him down. He is a very talented coach.

milehighireland
01-23-2011, 08:09 AM
We have a RB coach, studes isn't bad and is a very likeable guy... main concern i would have about skipper not coming over would be that williams may stay put.