PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop question.

dbfan2007
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
From observing different things, it seems as if newer is not better.

Which Photoshop do you think allows you to do more? I have PS7. I feel like I am more limited than prior versions. I am just wondering what you guys think some of the better versions are. Thanks.

Blondie79
01-23-2011, 10:04 PM
i only started with CS5 so i dont really know much about previous versions

Freyaka
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
I like cs2/3 I haven't tried much past that.

I was in heaven as soon as they release the bandaid tool and haven't need many of the newer features.

Of course I still prefer paint shop pro overall personally (though there are some things that are best in PS)

12and4
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
the newer ones just have new features that i never use... lol.

you don't really need to upgrade. the filters are the same, the blending options are the same, the tools have had a few additions, and there are 3d options and stuff like that now... plus more import options.

nothing to get excited about though

dbfan2007
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
What I hate is seeing tutorials on CS5 and there not being the same options on my PSE7. I've heard CS5 from more than one person. I'm thinking about going with it.

MHS
01-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Unless you are in the graphics field as a profession you most likely will not use a lot of the features.

I am happy using gimp, its free and has free upgrades and is compatible with almost all of photoshops brushes and filters.

CinnaMunMun
01-24-2011, 12:20 AM
I've been using PS7 for the past 5 years up until a few months ago when I got CS5.

I don't use too many of the newer features, but two things I do enjoy is being able to preview filters easier and there are more brushes to download.

So I like it a little better, but not sure if it would be worth dropping hundreds of bucks on for.

RealBronco
01-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Unless you are in the graphics field as a profession you most likely will not use a lot of the features.

I am happy using gimp, its free and has free upgrades and is compatible with almost all of photoshops brushes and filters.

the sigs you make, are they made with this Gimp program? i might have to check it out if that's true.

12and4
01-24-2011, 12:56 AM
the sigs you make, are they made with this Gimp program? i might have to check it out if that's true.

:rolleyes: Yeah thats what he just said :goofy:

RealBronco
01-24-2011, 12:58 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah thats what he just said :goofy:

you never know man... maybe he does use Photoshop for fancy stuff lol.

12and4
01-24-2011, 01:56 AM
you never know man... maybe he does use Photoshop for fancy stuff lol.

lol yeah.... we can make a bet if you like?

I'm 0/2 on sig/avy bets :D