PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady wins MVP

ERoyal248
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Shocking news, not a big surprise.

Amazing season by Tom.

bears6385
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
As he should...........Brady had a great season.

CanDB
02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Brady deserves it, but that's why it is difficult to assess "value" without counting in the postseason. If that is considered, I go with Aaron Rodgers (clearly I like the dude!!!!).

New England lost it's one and only playoff game, and Green Bay was on the run prior to the season's end....winning one crucial game after another, right up til today. And as good as Green Bay is, Rodgers leads them. I can't imagine how good they would have been all season if not for the injuries......imagine for example if Finley was there for Rodgers, as the Tight End extraordinaire!!!

Regardless, injuries are part of the game, and Aaron had his own, but still made all of this SB possibility "possible", but winning critical games one after the other, and on the road in the playoffs!!!

ERoyal248
02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Brady deserves it, but that's why it is difficult to assess "value" without counting in the postseason. If that is considered, I go with Aaron Rodgers (clearly I like the dude!!!!).

New England lost it's one and only playoff game, and Green Bay was on the run prior to the season's end....winning one crucial game after another, right up til today. And as good as Green Bay is, Rodgers leads them. I can't imagine how good they would have been all season if not for the injuries......imagine for example if Finley was there for Rodgers, as the Tight End extraordinaire!!!

Regardless, injuries are part of the game, and Aaron had his own, but still made all of this SB possibility "possible", but winning critical games one after the other, and on the road in the playoffs!!!

Yup, they've been playing playoff games since Week 16 technically.

Would of been crazy to see GB with Finley who's a monster.

CanDB
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Imagine the Packers with a healthy Finley, Grant (and Starks) and an experienced Bulaga / healthy Tauscher in 2011??

Unless they lose some key players in the offseason, they may be the #1 seed for next year, SB win or not.

Southstander
02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
First evah unanimous MVP! :salute:.

Spice 1
02-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Imagine the Packers with a healthy Finley, Grant (and Starks) and an experienced Bulaga / healthy Tauscher in 2011??

Unless they lose some key players in the offseason, they may be the #1 seed for next year, SB win or not.

Sometimes less is more. The group of guys they have right now are pretty tough. Move a couple guys around, and the dynamics of the offense change. I agree though. This experience will make them a tougher playoff team in the future. Once they reinstall guys like Grant and Finley into the offense, they'll be even better moving forward. Rogers has to stay healthy, but that probably goes w/o saying. He's a guy that will test DE's and OLB's while running the ball along the sidelines, and he's not the biggest QB.

CanDB
02-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Sometimes less is more. The group of guys they have right now are pretty tough. Move a couple guys around, and the dynamics of the offense change. I agree though. This experience will make them a tougher playoff team in the future. Once they reinstall guys like Grant and Finley into the offense, they'll be even better moving forward. Rogers has to stay healthy, but that probably goes w/o saying. He's a guy that will test DE's and OLB's while running the ball along the sidelines, and he's not the biggest QB.

If a team can survive injuries and still accomplish a whole lot, perhaps even a SB victory

IMAGINE

what that does to them when all their injured players are back, plus you now have an abundance of upgraded talent, who have had the chance to experience NFL football at the highest level......

If I was betting, Green Bay wins the SB next year, and maybe this year too (yikes.....less than 2 hours to gametime!!)!

(Kind of a reverse approach on my part....;))

AC1
02-10-2011, 10:47 AM

The Packers almost beat the league's hottest team at the time, the Patriots, with a rookie at QB. The Packers are a very good team with Matt Flynn as QB instead of Aaron Rodgers (as good as Rodgers is), with whom they're a Super Bowl champ. Not too many QBs around the league have the luxury of that kind of a supporting cast (Rivers might be the only one). Brady certainly didn't and like Manning last year, carried his team on his back.

If Brady or Manning had the supporting cast Rodgers did, they would rarely lose a game. Rodgers is the flavor of the month on ESPN right now, but he's no Brady or Manning.