PDA

View Full Version : Such a sad job by Dallass

Garywolf001
02-06-2011, 05:35 PM
400 ticket holders not allowed in

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/02/06/latest-dallas-super-bowl-fiasco-not-enough-seats/
The seats at issue are apparently in new sections that were being set up just for this game. But in spite of the Cowboys not having played a home game in 50 days and this game having been scheduled four years ago, somehow not all of the seats have actually been set up. Several sections of temporary seating remained covered in black tarps with less than two hours left before the game's scheduled kickoff. NFL spokesperson Michael Signora said the seats in question cost $900 apiece -- the NFL said that while a total of 1,250 seats were initially affected, 850 people were relocated to similar or better seats and 400 fans were told they would not be accommodated. The league said those 400 would each receive $2,700, which is three times the face value of their ticket.

"It easily cost us $10,000 dollars, between plane tickets, staying here, taking time off. And they want to give us three times the ticket value?" asked Matthew Rush (pictured above), a longtime Steelers season-ticket holder who was expecting to attend his third Steelers Super Bowl in the last five years.

"They talk about the 'NFL Experience,' but our NFL experience, quite frankly, sucked."

Frenchy180
02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
That's pretty messed up... I like the quote "it wasn't about the money, but now were gonna make it about the money"

vcooper3
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I would be absolutely P.O.ed if I were one of those fans. The stadium should have worked the seating issues well before the Super Bowl. Even affecting 400 people is a shame. Imagine if you were a Broncos fan and got the dream to see your team in the big game, only to be turned away by such a blunder.

MileHighStud
02-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Jerry is hurt because his season was over after week 7.