PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Dorsey?

roushmartin6
02-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Maybe a Chiefs fan can help me out with their opinions. Glenn Dorsey was THE defensive tackle in his draft, I really wanted Denver to get him but it didn't happen. Ever since he was drafted he had seemed to have dissapeared. Is it just because he doesn't play for a high profile team or is he struggling converting to the 3-4?

BroncoFanBoy
02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
He's just a draft bust. Good thing we drafted Clady

Puddleglum
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
He's just a draft bust. Good thing we drafted Clady

I would not say that about Dorsey, bust is too strong, he doesn't ride pine which is more than most Charger 1st rounders can say. He may not have lived up to his pick but I think he'll have time to change that.

GridironChamp
02-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Ummm Dorsey was an animal this year in the 3-4... Took him a few years, it
does with every DT not named Suh, and he had a position change.

No where near a bust, at all.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I'd have to agree with Gridiron. Dorsey is a good football player. He's not going to have the sexy #'s playing in a 3-4.

Kyousukeneko
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Dorsey was the D-line that stuck out the most to me

Broncosinindy
02-26-2011, 06:14 AM
he hasnt lived up to his billing. bust no ... overrated yes.

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-05-2011, 09:36 PM
69 tackles for a 3-4 dlinemen is pretty damn impressive

he had the 5th most tackles in the league for all d-linemen

Orange&BlueHeat
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Dorsey doesn't have the strength or power to be an elite pass rusher in the NFL. He was an elite pass rusher in college bc he's so quick that he could regularly beat the blockers off the snap. That doesn't work in the NFL, because everybody's quick.

As an NFL player, Dorsey is playing as good as he is capable of. He's only a disappointment bc as an NFL prospect, he was rated higher than he should have been.

omahaBroncoFan
03-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Dorsey basically had a pro bowl caliber year or close to thereof anyways.

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Dorsey doesn't have the strength or power to be an elite pass rusher in the NFL. He was an elite pass rusher in college bc he's so quick that he could regularly beat the blockers off the snap. That doesn't work in the NFL, because everybody's quick.

As an NFL player, Dorsey is playing as good as he is capable of. He's only a disappointment bc as an NFL prospect, he was rated higher than he should have been.

lol you know 34 DEs and 43 DTs aren't primary pass rushers

xX-Bronco-Xx
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM

I've told him this at least 4 times.

It's like it goes through one ear and out the other.

garzjoe
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I believe that DT like the QB position is one of the hardest positions to draft for. Similar to the QB position it takes about 3 years before you can really tell if the player was worth the pick. Both positions take time to develop...thus I'm not going to call Dorsey a bust.

Every now and again you hit on a monster of a player like Suh but that's rare.

Thx,
Joe

Orange&BlueHeat
03-18-2011, 02:23 PM

You do know that a player's primary responsibility isn't his only responsibility.

Orange&BlueHeat
03-18-2011, 02:25 PM
I've told him this at least 4 times.

It's like it goes through one ear and out the other.

Funny, that's exactly the way I feel about you. I have addressed that comment numerous times, yet you continue to act as though I haven't.

GridironChamp
03-19-2011, 08:17 AM

You clearly have not watched the Chiefs play more than 2 games this past year
have you??

Dorsey is a damn good 3-4 DE pass rusher, he is constantly collapsing the pocket
and still got 2 sacks from a 3-4 DE. Who do you think led the league as a 3-4 DE
in sacks this past year and how many they had? No more than 5 is my guess.

Playing as good as he is capable? He has gotten better every year and if the
NFL selected 3-4 DEs to the Pro Bowl, he would have gone this year (or at least
been one of the front runners for the discussion).

Not to mention this was ONLY HIS SECOND YEAR EVER playing as a 3-4 DE,
but I guess he has already topped off his learning curve in your world?

:goz:

beastlyskronk
03-21-2011, 11:11 AM

lol you do realize that Dorsey as well as Tyson Jackson are big reasons as to why Tamba Hali has performed so well lately, right? That's their main job as a "pass rusher". Too many people call those guys busts when they are actually doing their job very well. Also both of them are big reasons as to why their run defense was so good this year

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
this dude is simply a hater, no reason to continue a back and forth

-Rod-
03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Don't you guys think Kansas City is playing with the wrong scheme? Their DL would look really good in a 4-3. Tamba Hali at RDE, Glenn Dorsey at DT, Tyson Jackson at LDE. By the way, as I write this, notice the heavy investment they made in DL. That's what the Broncos must do.

beastlyskronk
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Don't you guys think Kansas City is playing with the wrong scheme? Their DL would look really good in a 4-3. Tamba Hali at RDE, Glenn Dorsey at DT, Tyson Jackson at LDE. By the way, as I write this, notice the heavy investment they made in DL. That's what the Broncos must do.

They'd probably be better in a 4-3, but Haley is more comfortable with the 3-4 I guess.