PDA

View Full Version : Poor C-Town.

Southstander
02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
The Cavs just lost their 25th game in a row.

RealBronco
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM

that sucks. :coffee:

Broncoholic3233
02-07-2011, 10:07 PM

I hate Lebron.

Poor Cleveland :(

I hate to see the fans have to go through this, I mean it sucks for the players, but man, the fans, after what they went through, ugh......

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Cleveland sports are so bad that even Cincinnatti is embarassed. :laugh:

TecmoElway
02-07-2011, 10:28 PM

Oooooooh. I'm from Cincinnati originally haha. Cleveland Cavs need to be bad for about 15 years before they can out-do the Bengals.

BroncoFanBoy
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM

The Browns may be good soon.

Man I feel bad for the Cavs fans. Is trading Melo to Cleveland an option?

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 05:58 AM
The Browns may be good soon.

Ha!

:sad:

Bronco51
02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
The Cavs owner should have just kept his mouth shut. Kharma.......

BroncoFanBoy
02-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Ha!

:sad:

I actually do think they could. You guys are headed in the right direction. Hillis is a monster. Colt McCoy is your future. Know just a receiver or two and some defensive help, and Cleveland could be a team to look out for

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
The Cavs owner should have just kept his mouth shut. Kharma.......

He didn't say or do anything wrong.

If you want to talk about Karma (or if you really do believe in Karma - I don't) then you would be waiting for Lebron's "god smack" to come.

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I actually do think they could. You guys are headed in the right direction. Hillis is a monster. Colt McCoy is your future. Know just a receiver or two and some defensive help, and Cleveland could be a team to look out for

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Fumble-man and overrated rookie "sensation"?

That's a good one.

BroncoFanBoy
02-08-2011, 09:38 AM
http://www.dawgtalkers.net/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Fumble-man and overrated rookie "sensation"?

That's a good one.

Adrian Peterson has also been known to fumble. If I could take Hillis back on the Broncos, I would

#1snake_fan
02-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Lebron did NOTHING WRONG ...

was he a jackass for how he went about it ? Duh

But why isn't he entitled to go somewhere and win a NBA Championship ?

football and baseball players do it all the time and no one says boo about it when they go to another team to try and win ... Let me remind you Lebron was drafted to Cleveland that doesn't mean he wanted to be there.

He finally had the chance to be where he wanted and he choose to go to Miami to Win a Championship.

The Owner of the Cavs was way out of line by questioning Lebron's heart and desire to win ... and then claim that Cleveland would win a championship before Miami ... Karma baby

How about you attempt to win a GAME first

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Adrian Peterson has also been known to fumble. If I could take Hillis back on the Broncos, I would

I would personally give him away for a tuna sandwich. I love tuna. I'm not Heckert though. Hillis fumbled often and early and down the road burned out. In the last 2-3 games I think Colt McCoy outrushed him.

Now, back to Colt McCoy. The media hated Mangini. They wanted him fired before he was even hired. They got their wish. Now, they love Shurmur because he was a horrible offensive coordinator for a bad team in the worst division of football, where he turned abysmal into terrible. Now, they think that since Shurmur made a rookie QB drafted high in the draft into an average QB that he just might be able to turn a 3rd round draft pick with less talent into an average QB...

McCoy looked terrible when he played. He did not make any plays for the team, he was ho-hum (just like his attitude!). Personally, McCoy annoys the hell out of me. If Casey Affleck were an NFL QB, his name would be Colt McCoy.

#1snake_fan
02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
How you consider Colt McCoy an average Quarterback is beyond me the dude is awesome he didn't play enough this year for you to say he sucks Cleveland used that worthless Jake Delhomme until he got hurt then used the even more useless Wallace until they used McCoy who might I add Led them to a Victory over New England not to mention is leading Texas in almost every category

here are his college stats

1,645 Att

1,157 Comp

13,253 Passing yards

70.1 Passer Rating

112 Touchdowns

45 Interceptions

So how that's average is again beyond me.

Here are the stats of a "First Round" Quarterback

995 Att

679 Comp

9,285 Passing Yards

66.4 Passer Rating

88 Touchdowns

16 Interceptions

Who's stats are these you ask ?

Tim Tebow ... I'd rather have Colt McCoy any day of the freakin WEEK

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
People think this is all because of Lebron but they actually lost a lot more than just Lebron.

They also lost Ilgauskas, Shaq, and Delonte West this year.

Plus Varejau and Mo Williams have been hurt.

If those 5 players were currently playing for the Cavs they wouldn't be anywhere near a 25 game losing streak. My guess is they would be mediocre but wouldn't be contenders like they were with Lebron.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I would personally give him away for a tuna sandwich. I love tuna. I'm not Heckert though. Hillis fumbled often and early and down the road burned out. In the last 2-3 games I think Colt McCoy outrushed him.

Now, back to Colt McCoy. The media hated Mangini. They wanted him fired before he was even hired. They got their wish. Now, they love Shurmur because he was a horrible offensive coordinator for a bad team in the worst division of football, where he turned abysmal into terrible. Now, they think that since Shurmur made a rookie QB drafted high in the draft into an average QB that he just might be able to turn a 3rd round draft pick with less talent into an average QB...

McCoy looked terrible when he played. He did not make any plays for the team, he was ho-hum (just like his attitude!). Personally, McCoy annoys the hell out of me. If Casey Affleck were an NFL QB, his name would be Colt McCoy.

No player is ever good enough for your beloved Browns. You're the only guy I've seen that hates every player on his favorite team.

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 10:58 AM
How you consider Colt McCoy an average Quarterback is beyond me the dude is awesome he didn't play enough this year for you to say he sucks Cleveland used that worthless Jake Delhomme until he got hurt then used the even more useless Wallace until they used McCoy who might I add Led them to a Victory over New England not to mention is leading Texas in almost every category

here are his college stats

College stats mean nothing in the NFL. But, NFL stats in the NFL do tend to matter. I didn't say Colt McCoy was an average QB. Personally, I say he's a terrible QB. What else would you call a QB with 6 interceptions and 1 touchdown? Colt McCoy is being hailed because he rarely made a play. Which, the media decided makes him a "smart" QB.

You may be really excited by those 6 interceptions and 1 touchdown. But, I'm not. I would run away from him. The Browns would be smart to draft a QB. Somebody with potential. But, the Browns decided to tear everything down and start all over again. New coach, new offense, and new defense. Hell, even new special teams as they refuse to sign one of the greatest kickers in Browns history. No hope for the immediate future. Maybe once Shurmur, Heckert, and Holmgren are fired there will be hope. But, that's probably going to be a long time from now - at least 5 years.

#1snake_fan
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
College stats mean nothing in the NFL. But, NFL stats in the NFL do tend to matter. I didn't say Colt McCoy was an average QB. Personally, I say he's a terrible QB. What else would you call a QB with 6 interceptions and 1 touchdown? Colt McCoy is being hailed because he rarely made a play. Which, the media decided makes him a "smart" QB.

You may be really excited by those 6 interceptions and 1 touchdown. But, I'm not. I would run away from him. The Browns would be smart to draft a QB. Somebody with potential. But, the Browns decided to tear everything down and start all over again. New coach, new offense, and new defense. Hell, even new special teams as they refuse to sign one of the greatest kickers in Browns history. No hope for the immediate future. Maybe once Shurmur, Heckert, and Holmgren are fired there will be hope. But, that's probably going to be a long time from now - at least 5 years.

That's the stupidest thing I've read here in a long time on here and I've read some stupid stuff. McCoy has no one to throw to and no line to protect him and he can run when he has to. He's a great Quarterback not a "terrible" QB like Delhomme

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
That's the stupidest thing I've read here in a long time on here and I've read some stupid stuff. McCoy has no one to throw to and no line to protect him and he can run when he has to. He's a great Quarterback not a "terrible" QB like Delhomme

Colt McCoy has no line to protect him?

He was sacked 23 times this season. Against the AFC North (the actual division where his play matters) McCoy threw 4 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. The game against the Patriots where you claimed he "lead" the Browns to victory ended with him throwing no touchdowns and no interceptions. His only multi-touchdown game was against the Bengals (a loss). Not exactly worthy of praise. Against Pittsburgh alone, the Browns main rival he threw for two touchdowns and five interceptions. Last time I checked in order to beat your rivals you actually have to minimize your mistakes and score points.

If you want to praise McCoy and lay the Browns fluke victories solely on the shoulders of McCoy. Then, why aren't you laying McCoy's terrible games on his shoulders as well? Oh wait a second, when the Browns win it's because of McCoy but when they lose it's everybody elses fault. I think I got you now. You are riding his jock so much that he does no wrong in your eyes. The only reason McCoy lost games was because of the other players on the Browns.

If Colt McCoy is the reason the Browns won certain games, why is it that the Browns only won the games when McCoy hardly threw the ball at all? The Browns beat the Saints 30-17. McCoy threw 16 times. The Browns beat the Patriots, McCoy threw 19 times.

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

football and baseball players do it all the time and no one says boo about it when they go to another team to try and win ... Let me remind you Lebron was drafted to Cleveland that doesn't mean he wanted to be there.

He finally had the chance to be where he wanted and he choose to go to Miami to Win a Championship.

The Owner of the Cavs was way out of line by questioning Lebron's heart and desire to win ... and then claim that Cleveland would win a championship before Miami ... Karma baby

Lebron is an egomaniacal jack***. Lebron could have been a man about the decision and said he wanted to go play for Miami. He decided that he wanted to be the center of attention and ESPN was more than happy enough to turn there channel into the Lebron channel. NFL players go to different teams. I have no problem with that. They can go for all I care. But, that's not what Lebron did. Lebron decided to milk everything. He wanted everyone to be around him catering to his ego. The only things in the NFL that come anywhere near to Lebron are Owens, Johnson, and Favre.

All of them only care about feeding their own egos. Karma does not exist. If karma did exist James would get his comeuppance for his callousness.

Broncoholic3233
02-08-2011, 12:19 PM

Somebody is a Lebron/Heat fan....

BroncFanIN
02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Stop snarking at each other and taking pot shots at each other.

Only warning before this thread gets shut down.

Spice 1
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM

I agree that Gilbert acted a fool after the whole thing, but he had no idea what was going on until LeBron announced it on TV. There has to be some leniency there. This wasn't necessarily about winning 'chips either. It doesn't matter where LeBron plays, he'll eventually win a title. He's simply too good for it not to happen. This is about LeBron wanting to dominate. He doesn't want the pressure that goes with being the man. He wants to be part of a juggernaut. Of course, mommy had a play in his decision, but he didn't do what everyone expected him to do. I respect that. I hope he does win a championship. I just wish Wade and Bosh weren't playing tag-a-long. They'll get a ton of credit, but the two haven't won anything by themselves. Sure, Wade is a great player, but he hasn't gotten it done w/o Shaq.

Bronco51
02-08-2011, 05:04 PM
He didn't say or do anything wrong.

If you want to talk about Karma (or if you really do believe in Karma - I don't) then you would be waiting for Lebron's "god smack" to come.

Yes he did. In his moment of anger he placed an add in the paper saying they would win a title before LeBron.........they probably won't win as many games in three years as Miami will this year, seriously. He should have just said they were focusing on rebuilding and left LeBron out of it. I understand his anger I just don't think putting the ad in the paper was the right thing to do.

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes he did. In his moment of anger he placed an add in the paper saying they would win a title before LeBron.........they probably won't win as many games in three years as Miami will this year, seriously. He should have just said they were focusing on rebuilding and left LeBron out of it. I understand his anger I just don't think putting the ad in the paper was the right thing to do.

LeBron made it personal. LeBron decided that instead of saying "I want to play for the Miami Heat" he decided to have a bidding war on national TV and in the weeks leading up to it he had the teams sitting there making offers to him. Then, he decided to announce on television what his decision was.

What LeBron did is the same as a man asking his girlfriend to marry him on National Television only to have the woman say NO. Embarassing and extremely rude. If Lebron wanted to leave, he could have let the Cavaliers know ahead of time. Instead, he decided to say he'll decide later ... later as in during a television special on ESPN.

The Cavs owner was absolutely right to say the things that he did. The only person in the wrong for their behavior is LeBron James.

Bronco51
02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
LeBron made it personal. LeBron decided that instead of saying "I want to play for the Miami Heat" he decided to have a bidding war on national TV and in the weeks leading up to it he had the teams sitting there making offers to him. Then, he decided to announce on television what his decision was.

What LeBron did is the same as a man asking his girlfriend to marry him on National Television only to have the woman say NO. Embarassing and extremely rude. If Lebron wanted to leave, he could have let the Cavaliers know ahead of time. Instead, he decided to say he'll decide later ... later as in during a television special on ESPN.

The Cavs owner was absolutely right to say the things that he did. The only person in the wrong for their behavior is LeBron James.

No he was not right at all. He should have been above it. The anger he spewed in that article only left him open to be bashed and ridiculed when his epic failure of a team sets records for futility. Had he been more under control he would have been better off. Instead he is talking about championships.....that is funny. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Charlie Brown
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
No he was not right at all. He should have been above it. The anger he spewed in that article only left him open to be bashed and ridiculed when his epic failure of a team sets records for futility. Had he been more under control he would have been better off. Instead he is talking about championships.....that is funny. Two wrongs don't make a right.

LeBron James is nothing but an egomaniacal punk. The Cavs owner was absolutely right to make the statement he did as he echoed the feelings of many Cleveland fans. I don't care about the Cavs. I never liked Basketball and I live in Colorado. On this board, I've seen people with the very same reaction towards football personalities like Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels. In sports fans go with raw emotion usually. They get angry, they boo. Sometimes they get real rowdy. What LeBron did was beyond low. It was extremely disrespectful towards Cleveland and his fans.

People cared about him and the he decided to put on a show. He decided to play with their emotions just to feed his ego. Then, at the last second stab them in their back and twist the knife. Sure, other Cleveland players like that Zakauskas or whatever the hell his name is left as well. He did it the right way. He didn't have a special on ESPN announcing his "move". Instead, he printed a very respectful ad in the newspaper thanking the fans and the team for the opportunities they gave him. He was the opposite of LeBron and as a Browns fan I am naturally a member of a Browns board where they occasionally talk about the Cavs as well. There, no anger at all towards Zakauskas (sp?). He's still well liked. Sure, he left. But, he did it with dignity and respect.

The Experience
02-08-2011, 09:24 PM
LeBron is a huge jerk and I hope he never wins a title. He doesn't deserve it.

The Cavs also lost a great coach in Mike Brown who was blamed for Danny Ferry and LeBron's short comings.

Byron Scott is a very good coach, the team will get better. The guy knows how to rebuild a team.

The Cavs are pathetic now but they will get much better.

GridironChamp
02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
People think this is all because of Lebron but they actually lost a lot more than just Lebron.

They also lost Ilgauskas, Shaq, and Delonte West this year.

Plus Varejau and Mo Williams have been hurt.

If those 5 players were currently playing for the Cavs they wouldn't be anywhere near a 25 game losing streak. My guess is they would be mediocre but wouldn't be contenders like they were with Lebron.

Shaq was useless and Z is nothing without a guy demanding a double team while
driving. West was injured half of last year along with Shaq.

They lost James, and a few peanuts.

Mo and Andy were playing, and the Cavs went like 1-14 in their final games while
playing.

They were built around LeBron.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Shaq was useless and Z is nothing without a guy demanding a double team while
driving. West was injured half of last year along with Shaq.

They lost James, and a few peanuts.

Mo and Andy were playing, and the Cavs went like 1-14 in their final games while
playing.

They were built around LeBron.

Um where did I say they weren't? :confused:

I said they would probably be an average team with those 5 guys all healthy and playing for the Cavaliers right now.

I also said with those guys + Lebron they were contenders.

Kno-Sean
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I like how you guys laugh and play the Karma card on the Cavs owner. If you guys believe in Karma then expect bigger and more severe Karma penalties for LeBron.

LeBron James waited until the end of the free agency, giving the Cavs no time at all to react to things. They weren't even able to prepare for him leaving because he never told anyone.

He went on national television and embarrassed and entire fan base. Made everyone gather around their television and watch in anticipation as he told them "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach"

Can you imagine our beloved Champ Bailey going on national television and saying "The Broncos aren't good enough anymore, I want to go win a ring with the Packers" How would we feel?

The Cavs owner made an angry statement that was directed to the fans, hopping to get them to some how rally around their team. Everyone was angry and he wanted everyone to get behind the team.

No matter how you look at it, LeBron James doesn't deserve anyone to ever cheer for him. I bet he knows it too, "Akron Hates You!!"

This says it any better than I could... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-9sSKa0RA

Southstander
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I hate to say this, because I do not like hoping ANY team loses, but there is a part of me that want to see them make as big of a crator as possable.

milehighireland
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
I hate to say this, because I do not like hoping ANY team loses, but there is a part of me that want to see them make as big of a crator as possable.

I'm inclined to agree. I want to see history, even if it's bad history. No.26 now.. Read there that with one more loss, the Cavs will officially have the longest recorded losing streak of any professional sport. Ever.