PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Ray Allen

ERoyal248
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Now the all-time leader in 3 pointers made.

Passed Reggie Miller tonight.

Always have been a fan of Ray, congrats.

The Experience
02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Great for Ray!

I still think Miller is the better pure shooter though.

Southstander
02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Way to go Ray!!!! GO C's.

themadfanatic
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Ray allen is the best shooter all time hands down. Quickest release, can shoot off screens, can create his own shot. He's ridiculous and he went to UCONN and I'm from CT

red19
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Great accomplishment in passing another great player....Allen and Miller are two of my all time favorites. I cant believe he has already passed him...he still has a lot of big shots left in.

The Experience
02-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Ray allen is the best shooter all time hands down. Quickest release, can shoot off screens, can create his own shot. He's ridiculous and he went to UCONN and I'm from CT

I disagree. I think it is close. But you can't say that Allen is hands down the best shooter of all time.

I think Miller is better.

themadfanatic
02-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Allen has a quicker release, miller didn't come off screens and hit threes after running full speed n stopping on the dime and right now allens shoot 50 percent from 3. Idk maybe its because I'm a CT homer (love ND and michigan and texas tech) but I'm from CT and I think its hands down. Come on who's better then jesus shuttlesworth

Kno-Sean
02-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Allen has a quicker release, miller didn't come off screens and hit threes after running full speed n stopping on the dime and right now allens shoot 50 percent from 3. Idk maybe its because I'm a CT homer (love ND and michigan and texas tech) but I'm from CT and I think its hands down. Come on who's better then jesus shuttlesworth

I think if you took the "Hands down" part out of your posts, then maybe they would be ok.

But to say he's hands down the best shooter ever, is an extreme. Saying he is the best shooter ever in your opinion is a fair statement.

Spice 1
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I'd take Miller over Allen any day. And yes, Reggie did run full speed off of screens, stop on a dime, and bury threes. And Reggie was the go to guy his whole career. He was unguardable at times, particularly in the playoffs. When they doubled Reggie off of the screen, he simply took the ball farther away from the hoop, faded away, and brought rain from 26. Guy was unbelievable. Allen is a machine, but when I watch a Celtics game, he's burying a lot of his threes with no defender in sight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD41mGEhgU0

The Experience
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM

Allen has never scored 8 points in 9 seconds. He also isn't as clutch as Miller was.

Reggie Miller was a member of the 50/40/90 club. Allen has never been.

I think Allen and Miller are head and shoulders the 2 greatest shooters of all time with no one else even being close. But I think it is crazy to say that one is "clearly" better than the other

themadfanatic
02-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Nobody runs off screens better than allen and no one pulls up faster and releases quicker as far as what ppl haven't done allen is the only player to make 8 3s in a playoff game. As far as miller being so clutch he missed a free throw to win an eastern conference championship and he missed a game winning 3 in game 7 to win the 94(I think it was 94) eastern conference championship. Ray shoots a slightly higher percent from three in both the regular season and playoffs. And ray made more 3s in 3 less seasons and he's not even the first option on his team

themadfanatic
02-10-2011, 10:56 PM
And allen makes a whole lot of contested 3s as well and reggie made a lot of open 3s too

The Experience
02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Thats a fair argument, but its ludicrous to say that Ray was a way better shooter than Miller.

He may have been a better 3pt shooter than Reggie but I still think Reggie was a better pure shooter.

Spice 1
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Nobody runs off screens better than allen and no one pulls up faster and releases quicker as far as what ppl haven't done allen is the only player to make 8 3s in a playoff game. As far as miller being so clutch he missed a free throw to win an eastern conference championship and he missed a game winning 3 in game 7 to win the 94(I think it was 94) eastern conference championship. Ray shoots a slightly higher percent from three in both the regular season and playoffs. And ray made more 3s in 3 less seasons and he's not even the first option on his team

Good arguments. I think it's safe to say that they are/were both in a league of their own.

themadfanatic
02-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't think he's way better I just said hands down like he's my clear choice maybe I shouldn't have said hands down if it implied he was WAY better I'd put them 1 and 2 then mullen then bird

Broncoholic JS
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
He got game for sure!!

I will rock my Ray Allen Celtics jersey tomorrow in his honor!!

Broncoholic3233
02-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Congrats to him. :salute:

I hate Boston teams, beside the Celtics, love what they are about and their team.

Can't wait for them too come to Denver.

Chauncey is #6 on that list. Hopefully he is 3 by the time he retires and passes Jason Kidd :D

sbxxxiichamps
02-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Being a Celtics fan I LOVE RAY RAY!!!

Congrats on the 3's!:salute: