PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Crosby

LSIGRAD09
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Now I know y'all don't like this, but Sid the Kid is one of my favorite athletes. I'm not sure how many of you watch Hockey, or any of that, but Crosby really got decked with the Concussion.

There are rumors that he will be a shadow of his former self, or have a career ending injury.

Anybody think this? (Please put bias aside.)

InsaneBlaze23
02-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Now I know y'all don't like this, but Sid the Kid is one of my favorite athletes. I'm not sure how many of you watch Hockey, or any of that, but Crosby really got decked with the Concussion.

There are rumors that he will be a shadow of his former self, or have a career ending injury.

I'm a big hockey fan(my second favorite sport), but I hate Sid the Kid.

IMO, he is overrated to and not as good as Pavel Datsyuk or Henrik Zetterberg.

He is the golden boy of the NHL, in fact him and Alex the great are the Brady & Manning of Hockey. Oh and my team's goalie put Sid in check, Sid has a new favorite dish for food, and it's Jimmy Howard's glove.

LSIGRAD09
02-12-2011, 09:18 AM

He is the golden boy of the NHL, in fact him and Alex the great are the Brady & Manning of Hockey. Oh and my team's goalie put Sid in check, Sid has a new favorite dish for food, and it's Jimmy Howard's glove.

Oh yeah, aren't you the Red Wings fan that talked to before?

InsaneBlaze23
02-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh yeah, aren't you the Red Wings fan that talked to before?

Yes, I wings fan on a Colorado board, ain't that funny.

A man among rivals.

JakeNbake
02-12-2011, 11:12 AM

A man among rivals.

Or.... a girl among men.

InsaneBlaze23
02-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Or.... a girl among men.

Jake always has jokes.:)

So are you the girl among us men?

martz11
02-12-2011, 11:22 AM

He'll be fine as long as he keeps his head up. I'm a Flyers fan and let me tell you, I've seen this happen before. Lindros was never the same after he got his first concussion, he turned into a shell of his former self. As long as he doesnt sustain multiple concussions in a short period of time and they let him recover he'll be ok.

Bettman wont let that happen anyways. Who knows what he would do without his boyfriend.

JakeNbake
02-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Jake always has jokes.:)

So are you the girl among us men?

Hmm... I see you have an issue with reading comprehension as well as some other things :).

InsaneBlaze23
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Hmm... I see you have an issue with reading comprehension as well as some other things :).

Touché Jake...touché :rolleyes:

JakeNbake
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Touché Jake...touché :rolleyes:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cIwxRnny9O0/S5sJ6mEj_jI/AAAAAAAACYY/OFIa_whA73w/s400/Samuel-L-Jackson-Eye-Roll1.jpg

LSIGRAD09
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
He'll be fine as long as he keeps his head up. I'm a Flyers fan and let me tell you, I've seen this happen before. Lindros was never the same after he got his first concussion, he turned into a shell of his former self. As long as he doesnt sustain multiple concussions in a short period of time and they let him recover he'll be ok.

Bettman wont let that happen anyways. Who knows what he would do without his boyfriend.

Lindros was a great player, and mad respect to him. Lol at the girlfriend thing.
But seriously, even though I like Crosby alot, the NHL should have been tougher against concussions, if not starting with Lindros, than at least with Savard on Boston.

I do wonder why the concussions are so much worse in hockey rather than football though. I know there are more games, and there is ice and worse helmets, but football is rough too.

broncsfan21
02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
If Crosby rushes back, he will get another one, i guarantee it.

If he wants to make sure he has a nice long career, he needs to just set aside his pride, and take himself out for the season.

Otherwise he will take the path of Lindros (and most recently Savard) and keep getting more concussions with each one being worse and lasting longer.

As an Avs fan, I've seen this firsthand with Adam Deadmarsh.

sbxxxiichamps
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I think Crosby will come back strong!

I wouldn't worry about it until you get to see him play again.

LSIGRAD09
02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I think Crosby will come back strong!

I wouldn't worry about it until you get to see him play again.

But then the question is when?
Like others said, if he comes back too soon, he is screwed. I'd rather see him out for the rest of the season than having another one.

DishWater
02-12-2011, 04:37 PM

A man among rivals.

I thought I smelled something funky...

InsaneBlaze23
02-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I thought I smelled something funky...

Yeah I smell it too, I knew there was a AV's fan near by.:P

Also the Wings will do Happy Feet a favor by beating the Bruins again tomorrow, last night we won 6-1, on Sunday it will be 10-1.

broooks77
02-12-2011, 05:01 PM
If the Pens are smart they're rest him until the season is almost over or just wait until next year to play him. With Malkin done for the year and no defense to speak of they might as well just consider this a year to get AHL players ready for the NHL like Jeffrey and the other few they called up for the Kings game.

Last night they showed they wouldn't go down without a fight (most penalty minutes in franchise history because of a MASSIVE fight) which gives me hope, but they're nothing without our superstars

InsaneBlaze23
02-12-2011, 05:07 PM
If the Pens are smart they're rest him until the season is almost over or just wait until next year to play him. With Malkin done for the year and no defense to speak of they might as well just consider this a year to get AHL players ready for the NHL like Jeffrey and the other few they called up for the Kings game.

Last night they showed they wouldn't go down without a fight (most penalty minutes in franchise history because of a MASSIVE fight) which gives me hope, but they're nothing without our superstars

Sounds like the Broncos.(joking)

But I agree with, they should jet keep him out, because with his injury there is no real timetable. He can come back next month or in 2 months, feeling healthy but is not.

Southstander
02-13-2011, 02:38 AM
I like Sid the Kid, it will be a shame if he can't return to the way he was.

martz11
02-13-2011, 07:42 AM
I like Sid the Kid, it will be a shame if he can't return to the way he was.

Not really:coffee:

Southstander
02-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Not really:coffee:

Hoping a player stays injuired as cold hearted.

martz11
02-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Hoping a player stays injuired as cold hearted.

I'm a Flyers fan...that should explain it.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 08:26 AM
There is still no excuse. I am passionate Red Sox fan and I would want A Rod to get back to 100% if he was injuried.

InsaneBlaze23
02-16-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm not gonna lie if Rivers got hurt before a Broncos v. Chargers game, I'd be happy. If the Av's goalie and Paul Stastny went down, I'd be fine with it.

Broncoholic3233
02-16-2011, 10:08 AM

LOL

Don't show your Redwing bias, again

Syd the Kid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Datsyuk and Zetterberg

That is like us Avalanche Fans saying

Duchene and Statsny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Syd the Kid

C'mon...

InsaneBlaze23
02-16-2011, 11:03 AM
LOL

C'mon...

Not being bias, just telling the truth.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alex the great, Henrik Sedin are all better than Sid "my head hurts" Crosby.

broncsfan21
02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
LOL

C'mon...

I would say offensively, Sid is better than Datsyuk and Zetterberg

However, defensively, Sid is kind of awful, while Datsyuk and Zetterberg are awesome, their names are always brought up when talking about Selke candidates.

broncsfan21
02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not gonna lie if Rivers got hurt before a Broncos v. Chargers game, I'd be happy. If the Av's goalie and Paul Stastny went down, I'd be fine with it.

I wish no harm to any Red Wings player, except for Todd Bertuzzi, and that has nothing to do with him being a Red Wing, as much as it is for him being an awful human being.

InsaneBlaze23
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
I wish no harm to any Red Wings player, except for Todd Bertuzzi, and that has nothing to do with him being a Red Wing, as much as it is for him being an awful human being.

I guess I can't blame you, everybody hates Todd, even Wing fans.

Every time his name came up on the Wings boards, a battle roared up about Todd.

JakeNbake
02-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Not being bias, just telling the truth.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alex the great, Henrik Sedin are all better than Sid "my head hurts" Crosby.

Crosby, Malkin > Ztterberg Datsyuk and it's not even close. Proof is the Penguins blow without them. Their horrible.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 12:01 PM

That is sick and wrong. You are celebrating a fellow human being injuried. This kind of thinking is what is wrong with sports.

martz11
02-16-2011, 01:08 PM
There is still no excuse. I am passionate Red Sox fan and I would want A Rod to get back to 100% if he was injuried.

Ok, you need to read and comprehend. You said "I hope he returns to the way he was".

I simply stated that hopefully he won't. Meaning I hope he turns gunshy and isn't as productive. I didn't say anything about his injury. Com'on man!

I hope he never scores again. I hate him, always will, always have. Don't respect him or the way he plays the game. He's a freaking cry baby, a diver and Bettman's golden boy. His crappy style rubs not only off on his teammates but his wuss owner as well.

Sorry Sid fans but I just need a rant.:D

InsaneBlaze23
02-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok, you need to read and comprehend. You said "I hope he returns to the way he was".

I simply stated that hopefully he won't. Meaning I hope he turns gunshy and isn't as productive. I didn't say anything about his injury. Com'on man!

I hope he never scores again. I hate him, always will, always have. Don't respect him or the way he plays the game. He's a freaking cry baby, a diver and Bettman's golden boy. His crappy style rubs not only off on his teammates but his wuss owner as well.

I agree, and this is really what I meant, in fact I think this is what every fan means, when he says "I hope he stays out" for one game, I'll go "Yay Rivers is down" but at the end of the day, I don't want him to suffer from a injury. Just suffer that injury on game day vs my team.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM

Now it is your turn to read and understand. Since he is out with an injury, if he returns and is a lesser player as a result, you are are in fact cheer for players to get and stay injured.

martz11
02-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Now it is your turn to read and understand. Since he is out with an injury, if he returns and is a lesser player as a result, you are are in fact cheer for players to get and stay injured.

Yup cause thats exactly what I said...get a clue.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Yup cause thats exactly what I said...get a clue.

That may not be what you are wanting to say, but it is how you are coming across. REGUARDLESS of how or why you want him or any other player to not succed is wrong.

martz11
02-16-2011, 03:04 PM
That may not be what you are wanting to say, but it is how you are coming across. REGUARDLESS of how or why you want him or any other player to not succed is wrong.

So now I can't root against someone not to succeed because it's wrong no matter the reason?

So in other words I have to root for everyone to do well even if it means beating my team?

Listen, if he comes back and is not the same player then that is on him. That's a Crosby problem not anyone else's. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I've never cheered a hurt player or wished someone was going to get paralyzed or anything like that but if he's not the same it's his fault.

Is he mentally tough enough to comeback and be the same player? As long as he doesn't rush it then yes. If he comes back and gets his bell rung again then theres a good chance that he won't ever play the game he wants to.

I just find it funny that everyone in the NHL world all of a sudden cares about concussions now that it happened to the chosen one. Where was all the concern when both Lindros brothers and Primeau had to retire cause of them?

Oh well, I'm not shedding any tears for the guy. He didn't lose a limb in some farming accident for gosh sakes. It's a concussion.

Hope he fails when he comes back. Just being a fan against Crosby, nothing wrong with that bud.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
That's what I am saying.

martz11
02-16-2011, 03:38 PM
That's what I am saying.

Ok then:confused:

InsaneBlaze23
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
So now I can't root against someone not to succeed because it's wrong no matter the reason?

So in other words I have to root for everyone to do well even if it means beating my team?

Listen, if he comes back and is not the same player then that is on him. That's a Crosby problem not anyone else's. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I've never cheered a hurt player or wished someone was going to get paralyzed or anything like that but if he's not the same it's his fault.

Is he mentally tough enough to comeback and be the same player? As long as he doesn't rush it then yes. If he comes back and gets his bell rung again then theres a good chance that he won't ever play the game he wants to.

I just find it funny that everyone in the NHL world all of a sudden cares about concussions now that it happened to the chosen one. Where was all the concern when both Lindros brothers and Primeau had to retire cause of them?

Oh well, I'm not shedding any tears for the guy. He didn't lose a limb in some farming accident for gosh sakes. It's a concussion.

Hope he fails when he comes back. Just being a fan against Crosby, nothing wrong with that bud.

Amen to that, thats how I feel. The same thing in the NFL, when QB's was getting hit in the legs, nobody cared, but when the golden boy, Tom Brady got hurt, things had to change.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Ok then:confused:

Why is it sportsman like to cheer against another team? Why not just cheer for your team?

martz11
02-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Why is it sportsman like to cheer against another team? Why not just cheer for your team?

Just the way I am and others. Think we'll just agree to disagree. Good debate though.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Just the way I am and others. Think we'll just agree to disagree. Good debate though.

Works for South. One last thing if I may. The reason I am agaist cheering for a team to lose has to do with my Christian faith. :salute:

broncsfan21
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM

or more recently, Savard

theMileHighGuy
02-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Lol... zetterberg better than crosby... funniest thing I've ever heard.... by the end of his career crosby will probably be regarded as the best player of all time. And I don't blame the people rooting against him to come back from his injury... I wouldn't want to see him light up my team either.

Lol... zetterberg...

canadiansbronco
02-21-2011, 08:14 PM
lol at alex the "great" he is having a horrible is year since everybody figured out is game: coming in the zone cuts inside shoot,shoot and more shooting.

Crosby was looking at possible 60-70 goals and 120-140 point season i would be really pissed if he doesnt return to what he was cuz he was shuting down the Ovie vs Crosby debate and i HATE the pens since their series against my habs so i am not bias

broncsfan21
02-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Lol... zetterberg better than crosby... funniest thing I've ever heard.... by the end of his career crosby will probably be regarded as the best player of all time. And I don't blame the people rooting against him to come back from his injury... I wouldn't want to see him light up my team either.

Lol... zetterberg...

Their is no way Crosby beats out Gretzky. He'd have to play until he was 50.

Also, Crosby is a good offensive forward, miles ahead of Zetterberg.

Zetterberg is a much better two-way forward than Sid though. The kid just won't play hard-nosed defense.

canadiansbronco
02-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Their is no way Crosby beats out Gretzky. He'd have to play until he was 50.

Also, Crosby is a good offensive forward, miles ahead of Zetterberg.

Zetterberg is a much better two-way forward than Sid though. The kid just won't play hard-nosed defense.

its true about the gretzky thing but whats so bad about sid defensive play ?

Also i just noticed that crosby as been out for 1 month and a half and he is still in the top 5 for points and goal wich says alot about is game

broncsfan21
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
its true about the gretzky thing but whats so bad about sid defensive play ?

Also i just noticed that crosby as been out for 1 month and a half and he is still in the top 5 for points and goal wich says alot about is game

He is a very accomplished scorer. I will not deny that. Definitely the best in this era of hockey.

He just doesn't impress me with his defense. He doesn't get the takeaways that Datsyuk or Zetty get. He usually won't try to hit someone bigger than him. He never blocks shots. His only real contribution to the PK unit is that he is awesome at faceoffs, so he takes the faceoffs in his own zone, wins it, dumps it out and goes to the bench.

He isn't awful at defense, he just isn't good at it either.

Their are a bunch of top tier centers at their that are better than Sid defensively.

canadiansbronco
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
He is a very accomplished scorer. I will not deny that. Definitely the best in this era of hockey.

He just doesn't impress me with his defense. He doesn't get the takeaways that Datsyuk or Zetty get. He usually won't try to hit someone bigger than him. He never blocks shots. His only real contribution to the PK unit is that he is awesome at faceoffs, so he takes the faceoffs in his own zone, wins it, dumps it out and goes to the bench.

He isn't awful at defense, he just isn't good at it either.

Their are a bunch of top tier centers at their that are better than Sid defensively.
you have a good point but i saw him hit bigger people in the playoffs sure he is not jordan staal in defense but thats not his job but he doesnt cause turnover in his own zone like other ofensive talent and is responsible

broncsfan21
02-22-2011, 11:14 PM
you have a good point but i saw him hit bigger people in the playoffs sure he is not jordan staal in defense but thats not his job but he doesnt cause turnover in his own zone like other ofensive talent and is responsible

True, he doesn't make mistakes. But he is no Mike Richards or Ryan Kesler. But i guess thats why they have Staal.