PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Franchise Tag Vincent Jackson

Broncoholic3233
02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Just got the text from ESPN.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I know it may just be a coincident, but I find it interesting that they do this the day after Nanee gets arrested. I doubt there's any chance they would have tagged Legedu, but I wonder if they opt not to bring him back now.

Of course, things like this haven't caused the Chargers to bat an eye so far. :D

Broncoholic3233
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I know it may just be a coincident, but I find it interesting that they do this the day after Nanee gets arrested. I doubt there's any chance they would have tagged Legedu, but I wonder if they opt not to bring him back now.

Of course, things like this haven't caused the Chargers to bat an eye so far. :D

Haha, if that is the Chargers reasoning, they really aren't to bright. hahaha

Maybe they just forgot about Vincent Jacksons trouble with drinking and driving :P

But you are right, that might have played a role.

Kyousukeneko
02-15-2011, 07:53 PM
would have tagge Weddle

powderblues
02-15-2011, 09:50 PM
No more Legadu, probably no more Buster Davis.

Floyd is injury prone.

Pretty much all we have is Gates and Jackson and Gates is injury prone as well.

Draft a WR #1? or OLine/DE?

12and4
02-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Just trade ajirotutu to the broncos and you'll be fine :D

jcdavey
02-16-2011, 01:06 AM
this is probably a tag and trade, until the cba dissolves if it does, and all these franchise tags (peyton, vick, mankins, vj) become null and void

next cba may not even have a franchise tag lol

BroncoFanBoy
02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Little surprised by this. Still won't be surprised if it's a sign and trade.

Coincidence it happens after Nannee gets arrested

jcdavey
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Little surprised by this. Still won't be surprised if it's a sign and trade.

Coincidence it happens after Nannee gets arrested

not really a coincidence

as peyton mankins vick ngata were all also tagged with no arrests by people who back them up....

it's just franchise tag time, that's all, plus tagging vj is the last chance sd would have of trading him

BroncoFanBoy
02-17-2011, 07:20 AM
not really a coincidence

as peyton mankins vick ngata were all also tagged with no arrests by people who back them up....

it's just franchise tag time, that's all, plus tagging vj is the last chance sd would have of trading him

Manning, Vick, and Ngata weren't going to be traded.

Jackson isn't going to play for the Chargers long anyway

baphamet
02-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Manning, Vick, and Ngata weren't going to be traded.

Jackson isn't going to play for the Chargers long anyway

you cant trade the guy if he isn't under contract lol

the chargers were leaning twords doing this months before this happened with LN.

The Chargers, officially, have not made up their mind regarding whether to place the tag on wide receiver Vincent Jackson. The teamís personnel people have been meeting this week to decide the makeup of the team in 2011.

However, it has been known for two months that General Manager A.J. Smith has been leaning toward keeping Jackson another year.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/feb/09/expect-chargers-franchise-jackson/

that article was written before LN got arrested.

jcdavey
02-17-2011, 07:20 PM
you cant trade the guy if he isn't under contract lol

the chargers were leaning twords doing this months before this happened with LN.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/feb/09/expect-chargers-franchise-jackson/

that article was written before LN got arrested.

exactly...i'm surprised some fans didn't know a player has to be under contract to be traded lol

Touch_30_Down
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Stupid decision imo.
There are some quality WR on the market like Rice.
Weddle is harder to replace, and just overall a better player.