PDA

View Full Version : Melo traded

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Melo has been traded. Links coming.

HERE IS THE TRADE:

It's Melo, Chauncey, Balkman, Williams, and Carter to New York, also Corey Brewer from the Wolves.

Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, Mozgov along with NY 1st Round '14 Pick and 2 2nd round draft picks to Denver.

Curry and Randolph to Minnesota

nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
by VicLombardi
TRADE official, source told Denver Post. Melo to Knicks www.denverpost.com/sports

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
BOOM RT @nuggetsnews: TRADE official, source told Denver Post. Melo to Knicks http://bit.ly/46ffVg

thegarymiller gary miller
Denver post reports deal is done. Melo to Knicks
http://twitter.com/#!/thegarymiller

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Carmelo Anthony is now a member of the Knicks, source tells Y! Sports.
http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
FINALLY!! Now we just gotta wait for the other possible trades. :salute: CP to you for the news!

Uuugh!! I just noticed its a 2014 first round pick! God that is stupid..

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Finally. Can we confirm the trade to the nets yet?

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Finally. Can we confirm the trade to the nets yet?

Not yet, I haven't seen anything.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 08:25 PM
God please let Chauncey return home!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:25 PM
God please let Chauncey return home!

I'm with you 100%.

That is why I hate Melo leaving, because Chauncey has too go. :(

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Y! Sports: NY: Melo, CB, Balkman, Williams, Carter; DEN: Gallo, Mosgov, Felton, Chandler, '14 NY 1st & 2 2nds; Minn: Randolph and Curry.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Y! Sports: NY: Melo, CB, Balkman, Williams, Carter; DEN: Gallo, Mosgov, Felton, Chandler, '14 NY 1st & 2 2nds; Minn: Randolph and Curry.

Wait... So who did Minny give up??

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Wait... So who did Minny give up??

I'm guessing the two 2nd round picks we are receiving.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
How does MN fit in. I know that they get Curry and Randolph. But do they still send us Brewer? Thought was still in the deal.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm guessing the two 2nd round picks we are receiving.

No, it says here that they are the Warriors. Unless the T-Wolves had the Warrior's picks?

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:33 PM
No, it says here that they are the Warriors. Unless the T-Wolves had the Warrior's picks?

Not sure, I will keep updating when I find out more.

Basketball draft picks are so hard to keep track of, I rarely know what picks the Nuggets have in the upcoming draft.

getlynched47
02-21-2011, 08:34 PM
What did Chauncey Billups do to deserve this?

As for Melo......screw you. I was a HUGE Melo fan, but this drama that you put all of us fans through, and then spitting on our face with crap like "I could definitely see me signing an extension here in Denver".....i lost all respect for you, idiot.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM

No knicks own them.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Knicks.htm

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
then spitting on our face with crap like "I could definitely see me signing an extension here in Denver".....i lost all respect for you, idiot.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I think he did us a favor with that statement. Up until that point the Knicks had the leverage. Their viewpoint was "he's gonna come here in the offseason anyways so you should be glad we are giving you anything." Then that scared them, and they realized he didn't want to lose that money, and were forced to trade for him. I wouldn't be surprised if the FO told him to say that.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
What did Chauncey Billups do to deserve this?

As for Melo......screw you. I was a HUGE Melo fan, but this drama that you put all of us fans through, and then spitting on our face with crap like "I could definitely see me signing an extension here in Denver".....i lost all respect for you, idiot.

I agree!!

I just hope that Chauncey gets to come back home like Melo did!

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
No knicks own them.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Knicks.htm

Really helpful site man!! CP for it! :salute:

Southstander
02-21-2011, 08:42 PM
I hope Nugs fans boo him out off the building nexttime he comes to Denver.

CoryWinget81
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I love the trade. Now we can move on.

We got every single thing we wanted and more for Carmelo. :thumb: Nuggets FO.

Broncoholic3233

Absolutely :D

I wouldn't if Billups wasn't part of it and he didn't harm these other players, but he did, so he deserves a BIG boo!

Can't wait!

Will buy the tickets soon.

InElwayWeTrust

It will be nothing like Lebron in Cleveland, but they will boo him for sure. :D

DevilSpawn
02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
YES! And we didn't trade Landry Fields.

Still have no defense and never will with the current coach.

I can deal with losing the other guys except Felton. He grew on me quick.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:47 PM
YES! And we didn't trade Landry Fields.

Still have no defense.

Isaiah better be out the front office.

I can deal with losing the other guys except Felton. He grew on me quick.

We got the better deal I must say. And now you can definitely kiss defense goodbye like we had discussed earlier :D

But have fun with Melo :salute:

I hope Billups leaves you guys tho. :cheeky:

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhZtmv02HgYIFwyBpjc5T8Q5nYcB?slug=mc-anthonyknicks022111

The Knicks are expected to send Danilo Gallinari(notes), Raymond Felton(notes), Wilson Chandler(notes), the Knicks’ 2014 first-round pick, two second-round picks and $3 million. The Knicks will also trade Anthony Randolph(notes) and Eddy Curry’s(notes) expiring contract to the Minnesota Timberwolves, who would send Corey Brewer(notes) to the Nuggets. The Knicks would receive Anthony, Chauncey Billups(notes), Shelden Williams(notes) and Renaldo Balkman(notes).

Appears the Nuggets will indeed receiver Corey Brewer from the T-Wolves.

DevilSpawn
02-21-2011, 08:53 PM
We got the better deal I must say. And now you can definitely kiss defense goodbye like we had discussed earlier :D

But have fun with Melo :salute:

I hope Billups leaves you guys tho. :cheeky:
Kiss defense goodbye? When did I ever say hello? :laugh:

Friggin Mike D'antoni. Gotta support him but damn man these aren't the 90s Knicks that played the street ball that I love. :D

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM

Yea thats what I thought. Solid player, if he stays.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Kiss defense goodbye? When did I ever say hello?

I meant to say any hopes you had :P

Spyder
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Well atleast the Knicks will be the 2004-2008 Suns. Likely average the highest PPG in the league but also give up close to the most.

They'll be fun to watch for a lot of people, even if they don't ever win anything.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM

That's good! I'm glad we got him, I've always liked him. He was my favorite of the Florida players back when they won the back 2 back. He has been somewhat of a bust, but a change of scenery could give him the spark he needs! Lets go Brewer! Officially one of my favorite Nuggs if this part of the trade is true.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Marc Stein just reported on ESPN that the Nuggets are going to make the trade with the Nets before the deadline. The good news is that he didn't even mention Gallinari's name!!!! That is awesome news!! I really hope we keep this kid. He is a good player and only 22. I would much rather trade Felton, which is what Stein said. Again, it isn't official, but he said it is gonna happen.

Raymond Felton & Mozgov to the Nets.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Marc Stein just reported on ESPN that the Nuggets are going to make the trade with the Nets before the deadline. The good news is that he didn't even mention Gallinari's name!!!! That is awesome news!! I really hope we keep this kid. He is a good player and only 22. I would much rather trade Felton, which is what Stein said. Again, it isn't official, but he said it is gonna happen.

Raymond Felton & Mozgov to the Nets.

There are conflicting reports right now, so I really don't know the truth about the trade that just took place. But if indeed Anthony Carter was involved and we trade Felton, that just leaves Ty Lawson.

Can't see that happening.

sbxxxiichamps
02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
awww man! Why does he have to be a knick!:mad:

As a celtics fan i hate 2 teams with a burning passion...the lakers and the knicks!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:14 PM
awww man! Why does he have to be a knick!:mad:

As a celtics fan i hate 2 teams with a burning passion...the lakers and the knicks!

Don't worry. Celtics will still smoke them.

Celtics play team ball. The Knicks, well, they will get their points, but that is about it.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Broussard says Brewer is going to Knicks not Nuggets.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Knicks also getting Corey Brewer from Minnesota in the three- team trade. Curry and Randolph go to Minny

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard

Guess Nuggets aren't getting Brewer?

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Knicks also getting Corey Brewer from Minnesota in the three- team trade. Curry and Randolph go to Minny

UUUGH!!! If we don't get Brewer, and we trade away Gallinari then this trade is horrible...

Broncoholic3233
http://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

Nuggets will NOT move Gallo/Mozgov to NJ. "We got these guys to play for the Nuggets," GM Masai Ujiri says. Updated story soon on NBA.com.

DishWater
http://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

Nuggets will NOT move Gallo/Mozgov to NJ. "We got these guys to play for the Nuggets," GM Masai Ujiri says. Updated story soon on NBA.com.

So...

Nene's as good as gone.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:25 PM
So...

Nene's as good as gone.

Sounds that way to me.

Apparently they would rather rebuild. :( smh

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 09:27 PM

This gotta be wrong everyone else saying Nuggs got him.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 09:28 PM
So...

Nene's as good as gone.

Maybe but...

Houston wants Nene bad but sources say Denver unlikely to trade Nene or JR Smith before deadline.

Via Chris Broussard twitter.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:29 PM
This gotta be wrong everyone else saying Nuggs got him.

I'm hoping it is a mistype, I'll tweet him and see if I can find out. He's probably getting tons of tweets tho.

Sparky The Sun Devil
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Ryan Clady just said "From what I hear Chauncey is going to buy out his contract and stay!"

Atwnbroncfan
I'm hoping it is a mistype, I'll tweet him and see if I can find out. He's probably getting tons of tweets tho.

CBS Sports just verified it as well. Sounds like Brewer to knicks. Im not too worried tho, we got a lot of wing depth.

rst08tierney

Sad day for the Nuggets franchise.

I feel bad for all the true basketball fans in denver.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Ryan Clady just said "From what I hear Chauncey is going to buy out his contract and stay!"

He'll have to wait a month, and how does Clady know? Plus if I were Billups Id go to MIA.

Sparky The Sun Devil
02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
He'll have to wait a month, and how does Clady know? Plus if I were Billups Id go to MIA.

no idea how clady would know, but he is well connected with people

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
no idea how clady would know, but he is well connected with people

Wait..............

SPARKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Wish that were true but doesn't sound like it.

Quietly, new NYK G Chauncey Billups got paid as he is expected to get $14 million salary '11-'12 and won't be bought out, source tells Y!

jake15guy
02-21-2011, 09:39 PM
sad day nugget fans
:sad:

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
I feel like my basketball heart has been ripped out and danced on.

Not a good feeling.

themadfanatic
02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
If I were the knicks I wouldve wanted ty lawson and jr smith instead of billups and carter and williams. Jr woulda given u a scorer off the bench and lawson is a beast he reminds me of felton. He was so good at UNC

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 09:44 PM
If I were the knicks I wouldve wanted ty lawson and jr smith instead of billups and carter and williams. Jr woulda given u a scorer off the bench and lawson is a beast he reminds me of felton. He was so good at UNC

There is absolutely 0% chance we were gonna give them Ty Lawson. He is the future of our Franchise right now..

Edit: Oh and it is official, the Knicks got Brewer, not us.... Man tonight sucks.

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:45 PM
There is absolutely 0% chance we were gonna give them Ty Lawson. He is the future of our Franchise right now..

Him and Afflalo. Thought Nene was part of that, but not sure anymore with the new rumors.

DishWater
02-21-2011, 09:46 PM
I feel like my basketball heart has been ripped out and danced on.

Not a good feeling.

I feel your pain...

But on the bright side, maybe we will actually play defense now.

themadfanatic
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM

I figured they didn't value him like that since he doesn't start. Ur probably right though I'm just sayin from a knicks perspective billups is 34 lawson is a young superstar in the making plus I figure denver likes him since he's a hometown guy

DishWater
02-21-2011, 09:48 PM
I figured they didn't value him like that since he doesn't start. Ur probably right though I'm just sayin from a knicks perspective billups is 34 lawson is a young superstar in the making plus I figure denver likes him since he's a hometown guy

It's not like he was gonna start ahead of Billups.

He'll start now.

themadfanatic
02-21-2011, 09:49 PM

Edit: Oh and it is official, the Knicks got Brewer, not us.... Man tonight sucks.

Who's brewer? I've never heard of him

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
What is it with guys wearing 15 in Denver? Both Cutler and Melo jammed fans in the 303. I hope Timmy Touchdown reverses this.

InElwayWeTrust
Man.... I feel completely lost as to what we are gonna do... We aren't gonna get a player worth a crap in this years draft because we most likely won't be in the lottery... And we aren't getting any real picks until freaking 2014!!! Uuugh... man this sucks.

themadfanatic
It's not like he was gonna start ahead of Billups.

He'll start now.

I doubt that. Feltons been playin like an all star

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Who's brewer? I've never heard of him

He's a solid player for the T-Wolves. He was great in college, and was the 7th pick of the draft in like... 2007 I think.

He is kinda considered a bust but I think he can be good with a change of scenery. I wanted us to get him but oh well.

themadfanatic
What is it with guys wearing 15 in Denver? Both Cutler and Melo jammed fans in the 303. I hope Timmy Touchdown reverses this.

Cutler? Do u mean marshall

Broncoholic3233
Yeah......glad he is gone....but I am starting to miss him now.

I will feel a lot better if we don't start trading everyone and go into rebuilding mode.

DishWater
02-21-2011, 09:53 PM
I doubt that. Feltons been playin like an all star

He tailed off before the break, and there're already rumors about us moving him and/or possibly Mozgov to the Nets...

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Cutler? Do u mean marshall

Him too. LoL. The vicodin is killingmy brain.

themadfanatic
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Knicks are my second team since I'm a suns fan and they took our coach and amare. Plus I lived in NY and I still go to the garden to watch games

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
He tailed off before the break, and there're already rumors about us moving him and/or possibly Mozgov to the Nets...

Nuggets debunked moving Mozgov according to Aldridge on Twitter

DishWater
02-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Nuggets debunked moving Mozgov according to Aldridge on Twitter

I see. You think they'd keep Bird if this is the case?

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I see. You think they'd keep Bird if this is the case?

I'd imagine after the contract we signed him too.

I'd say Felton will remain a Nugget as well, because with AC gone, all we have is Ty Lawson and now Felton.

themadfanatic
02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Galo and chandler r nice I wouldn't b sad if I were a nuggets fan just yet I'm tellin u those 2 can drop 30 each when their in the zone

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Just saw Coach Karls interview on 9news and you can tell he is pissed about this.

DishWater
02-21-2011, 10:01 PM

I'd say Felton will remain a Nugget as well, because with AC gone, all we have is Ty Lawson and now Felton.

As is, what does our starting lineup look like?

Nene, Galinari, Forbes, Aflalo, Felton?

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM

So as of now our Starting Lineup is what?

PG: Ty Lawson, Raymond Felton (Felton could take over after playing awhile, but hopefully not :D)
SG: Arron Afflalo, JR Smith
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Forbes
PF: Kenyon Martin, Al Harrington
C: Nene, Birdman, Mozgov, Ely

I guess? Man doesn't look very good... :sad:

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
As is, what does our starting lineup look like?

Nene, Galinari, Forbes, Aflalo, Felton?

Tomorrow night:

Nene, K-Mart, Forbes, Afflalo and Lawson.

Normal night:

Nene, K-Mart, Gallinari, Afflalo and Lawson.

That would be my guess. Depth chart something like this...

PG: Lawson, Felton
SG: Afflalo, JR Smith
SF: Gallinari, Chandler, Forbes
PF: K-Mart, Harrington, Birdman
C: Nene, Mozgov, Ely

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Galo and chandler r nice I wouldn't b sad if I were a nuggets fan just yet I'm tellin u those 2 can drop 30 each when their in the zone

I'm a huge Gallinari fan! Glad we got him, but he is no Melo....

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 10:12 PM
I wanna cry now.

This deal would sound so much better with Billups still a Nugget. :(

Now we have to sit and wait in suspense for the next 3 days on whether we are going to blow this team up, or not go into rebuilding mode (for now).

Ugh. Glad he is gone, but man.......so confused as to what to think.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Bill Simmons may have the tweet of the night

At some point, someone on SportsCenter needs to mention Denver shed a ****load of money with this trade AND has a huge trade exception now.

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
I will still wear my Nuggets jacket to work tomorrow. I will also still rock my Billups swingman jersey too! Billups has been nothing but class and good to us. I miss him already.

BBBBBBBBILLUPS!!!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Bill Simmons may have the tweet of the night

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33

Yeah, but we aren't as appealing for FA's anymore.

Idk what to think man, I really don't.

Tell me what you think. GO!

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Who are some notable high named free agents this coming Summer?

We could get CP3!!!!

BroncoFanBoy
02-21-2011, 10:20 PM
About time

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 10:20 PM

This is exactly how I feel TO THE T!!! Uuugh...

I would feel better if there was a good F/A we could target (if we could even get them to come here)
or if we had a lottery pick and we could get Sullinger or something like that, but we don't...

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Who are some notable high named free agents this coming Summer?

We could get CP3!!!!

Bwahahaha!! I hope that was sarcasm.... :D

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Bwahahaha!! I hope that was sarcasm.... :D

Maybe just a little. But who knows!

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 10:23 PM
This is exactly how I feel TO THE T!!! Uuugh...

I would feel better if there was a good F/A we could target (if we could even get them to come here)
or if we had a lottery pick and we could get Sullinger or something like that, but we don't...

Did you figure out what picks we have in this upcoming draft?

themadfanatic
02-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Dwight howard but I'm bettin he goes to NY too. I would start chandler over gallo but rotate them frequently

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 10:24 PM

Depends on the new CBA. But the owners need to put a stop to this BS super teams uniting. One thing I know about this trade is we are now a Big Fast team. Not very physical. But we now have 5 guys 6'10" and above. 3 of them maybe starters. We need PG depth, and probably still need a PF. We need to do anything in our power (without over paying) to get Sullinger in the draft. That would be big IMO.

No doubt tho we need to get a primetime player.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Depends on the new CBA. But the owners need to put a stop to this BS super teams uniting. One thing I know about this trade is we are now a Big Fast team. Not very physical. But we now have 5 guys 6'10" and above. 3 of them maybe starters. We need PG depth, and probably still need a PF. We need to do anything in our power (without over paying) to get Sullinger in the draft. That

Would you feel this way if Denver was a Super team?

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Did you figure out what picks we have in this upcoming draft?

Not sure if this site is 100% correct, but according to it, we have our own 1st rounder, and then either our 2nd rnd pick, or Portland's, whichever is worse... It is really complicated. Lol

Either way, our pick isn't gonna be anywhere near high enough to get a real impact player... This is sucking more by the minute. :eek:

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Nuggets.htm

johnlimburg
02-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I love the trade. I beleive we are a better team now.

I would love to see a lineup of:

Felton/Lawson

Afflalo/Smith

Chandler/Forbes

Gallinari/Anderson

Nene/That 7-1 russian kid

BroncoFanBoy
02-21-2011, 10:48 PM
This is actually a great trade! We got some young tall talent. I LOVE how we got Wilson Chandler. That guy's gonna be good. We needed taller players.

Billups will probably ask for a buyout in New York. If he gets one, he should come back.

Great job Nuggets! :thumb: Looks like I can never wear my Melo jersey again :laugh:

But I'm still wearing the Billups. Idc if he's not here anymore.

Atwnbroncfan
02-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Would you feel this way if Denver was a Super team?

As a Denver fan I wouldnt mind it, but as an NBA FAN I would. So yes Id still feel that way, just not as bitter about it.

native5280fan
02-21-2011, 11:06 PM
As fans of the team since the days of red,white and blue basketballs, my husband and I are both disgusted with this trade, strictly because of the inclusion of Chauncy. It seems as though the Kronkes have decided that spending any real money on their Denver teams is not in the picture, anymore.

If that is, indeed, the case, then they should sell the teams to someone (who will keep them here) and nurture them properly.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 11:07 PM
As a Denver fan I wouldnt mind it, but as an NBA FAN I would. So yes Id still feel that way, just not as bitter about it.

Thank you for being honest. :salute:

12and4
02-21-2011, 11:10 PM
I think we all need to apologize to the FO for doubting them.. I think they did fantastic...

Oh and I have no idea who those other fools we acquired are... Not THAT into nba for this particular reason.. the only people I know are lakers, nuggets, and the popular fellas.

Literally our whole team got traded and we mcgyvered a new team.

at least my 2 fav players are still here and not on the block

Sparky The Sun Devil
02-22-2011, 12:37 AM
yall remember the black and gold song for the steelers??

REMIX!!!

STAT and Melo!!!!

Different versions by different artists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzJ9VRJioM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxE3E3jA_00

jake15guy
02-22-2011, 01:03 AM
man i just hope that we can keep karl and sign him to an extension.

plus i think that with ty starting he will flourish. everytime he has started his numbers have been very impressive. not as bummed about this trade the more i think about it though. gonna be an interesting team. hopefully it works out for us

johnlimburg
02-22-2011, 04:15 AM
As fans of the team since the days of red,white and blue basketballs, my husband and I are both disgusted with this trade, strictly because of the inclusion of Chauncy. It seems as though the Kronkes have decided that spending any real money on their Denver teams is not in the picture, anymore.

If that is, indeed, the case, then they should sell the teams to someone (who will keep them here) and nurture them properly.

Spending any real money. What have you been watching. This is the sort of illogical and stupid thing nuggets fans say all the time. The nuggets have been over the luxury tax for many years now and have been in the top 10 in salary for like the last 5 years. Kenyon Martin 17 million. JR 7. Melo 18. Nene 11. Billups 12. Think before you say.

Why should chauncey be nurtured or why should we feel sorry for him. He is going to make 12 million dollards and continue to live his dream in the NBA. Mean while majority of us will work a trade a for the rest of our lives. I like him but i dont feel for him. And i doubt he will come back here even if he brought out by the knicks. He has shown interest in the heat.

Think before you speak.

Oh and felton and lawson are better than chauncey now anyway.

I dont even know why we would consider trading felton, chandler, gallineri or the russian kid. They can be a nucleus to build around.

Axemaster
02-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Melo has been traded. Links coming.

HERE IS THE TRADE:

It's Melo, Chauncey, Balkman, Williams, and Carter to New York, also Corey Brewer from the Wolves.

Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, Mozgov along with NY 1st Round '14 Pick and 2 2nd round draft picks to Denver.

Curry and Randolph to Minnesota

nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
by VicLombardi
TRADE official, source told Denver Post. Melo to Knicks www.denverpost.com/sports

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
BOOM RT @nuggetsnews: TRADE official, source told Denver Post. Melo to Knicks http://bit.ly/46ffVg

thegarymiller gary miller
Denver post reports deal is done. Melo to Knicks
http://twitter.com/#!/thegarymiller

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Carmelo Anthony is now a member of the Knicks, source tells Y! Sports.

You know, the trade will only be successfull if the continue to make the playoffs, like they have, EVERY YEAR, since Anthony was drafted.

If this team doen't win , and they regress back to the mediocre days of pre-Anthony, then it will be labled as a complete and utter failure by a front office who is notorious for making a lot of blunders.

Southtown
02-22-2011, 07:58 AM
I think you guys got the better end of this deal - lots of young talent at least!

What's scary is that it sounds like Billups might get bought out......and everyone is saying he will then become part of the Miami Heat. We'll see what happens. Either way I think the Nuggets will be better off for it in the longrun.

Congrats!

Bronco51
02-22-2011, 08:33 AM
So happy I am not a season ticket holder. The Nugget franchise will now be in the lottery hoping to grab another star player. I doubt Karl will stay with this bunch as assembled. I hate when my teams are irrelevant. :sad:

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:55 AM
So happy I am not a season ticket holder. The Nugget franchise will now be in the lottery hoping to grab another star player. I doubt Karl will stay with this bunch as assembled. I hate when my teams are irrelevant. :sad:

C'mon man. Look at who we got, its not like we decreased my that much if at all.

2 SF's who average about 16-17 PPG, 5-6 Rebounds
1 PG who is averaging 17 PPG, 9 assists, 2 Steals
1 C who is...well...going to need to be developed

We lost....
Melo who averages about 25 PPG, 5-6 rebounds
Chauncey who averaging about 16 PPG, 6 assists, 1-2 steals (unfortunately we lose his leadership)
AC, Balkman, Williams who never play.

Not that bad at all.....

Bronco51
02-22-2011, 09:01 AM
C'mon man. Look at who we got, its not like we decreased my that much if at all.

2 SF's who average about 16-17 PPG, 5-6 Rebounds
1 PG who is averaging 17 PPG, 9 assists, 2 Steals
1 C who is...well...going to need to be developed

We lost....
Melo who averages about 25 PPG, 5-6 rebounds
Chauncey who averaging about 16 PPG, 6 assists, 1-2 steals (unfortunately we lose his leadership)
AC, Balkman, Williams who never play.

Not that bad at all.....

Are you kidding? There is a reason the Knicks were only 2 games over .500 in the sorry Eastern conference. The Nuggets will be lucky to play .500 ball the rest of the season. And there is talk that they will trade Gallinari and Chandler for draft picks anyway. So untill Thursday I would not get too excited about how we got because some of them might be on the move as well. I like your optimism, but I see dismal times ahead.....for a while.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:18 AM
I don't know man. I don't know how much basketball you watch but I'm a huge fan and watch all Nuggets game. We weren't that bad of a team when Melo missed due to injury, most of the time we were better.

We can actually pass the ball now. Thus letting Lawson and Felton shine. Afflalo is a great up and coming player. Then we have two new young and good SFs. And pretty much the same PF/C's.

It's not as bad as you think.

The talks are of possibly trading Gallinari. That is all.

DevilSpawn
02-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Gallinari is a good player. A few people here are mad we gave him up.

Tackle Me Elmo
02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
It's just unfortunate that Chauncey had to get thrown into it. Yeah it's business, but still, the guy is not only a hometown hero, a class act, and the heart of the team, but he had game...big shot game. We won't be cheering for a guy with all those attributes for a long time to come, if ever.

Axemaster
02-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I think we might miss Billups QBing this team more then the other guys ball hogging no defense, if you can dig what I am saying!

And who is going to take thos "CLUTCH" three point shots at the end of games, now that Mr. Big Shot is gone???:goz:

the0rangecrush
02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I think we might miss Billups QBing this team more then the other guys ball hogging no defense, if you can dig what I am saying!

And who is going to take thos "CLUTCH" three point shots at the end of games, now that Mr. Big Shot is gone???:goz:

I'm hoping for afflalo I thing the guy is super underrated and now has a shot

ERoyal248
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
I think you guys got the better end of this deal - lots of young talent at least!

What's scary is that it sounds like Billups might get bought out......and everyone is saying he will then become part of the Miami Heat. We'll see what happens. Either way I think the Nuggets will be better off for it in the longrun.

Congrats!

They traded Felton so they can get Billups, he has an expiring contract, then they can shed some salary to get CP3 or Deron.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
They traded Felton so they can get Billups, he has an expiring contract, then they can shed some salary to get CP3 or Deron.

Depending on the pending CBA. But if possible they will definitely attempt to get CP3 or Williams.

NBA is getting worse and worse with these super teams.

All signs right now are pointing to Howard to LA in near future.

I hope you guys can re-sign him. Prob my favorite non-Nugget

Axemaster
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm hoping for afflalo I thing the guy is super underrated and now has a shot

Yeah, Aaron might become the next "Mr. Big Shot", but as far as point gaurd goes, and being a top LEADER of the team, Billups will be unreplacable.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, Aaron might become the next "Mr. Big Shot", but as far as point gaurd goes, and being a top LEADER of the team, Billups will be unreplacable.

For now, absolutely. But Ty has a very bright future. Let's hope he learned a lot from Chuancey and takes over in the future.

Axemaster
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Depending on the pending CBA. But if possible they will definitely attempt to get CP3 or Williams.

Well, we all know who to thank for this new problem! We will now call it the LEBRON FACTOR!!! Explaination: The LeBron factor is a malady know as holding a team for ransom, with a year or less left on your exsisting contract, and demanding a trade to a team of your choice, all in the name of "I just want to win a Championship!" Hence the term the Lebron factor.

Hey James and Anthony! Guess what??? Unless that team you are playing on this year is, Boston, LA, or maybe San Antonio, you WILL be watching the NBA finals on the BoobTube with all the rest of us!!!:salute: LMFAO!

InElwayWeTrust
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Please Front Office! DO NOT TRADE DANILO GALLINARI!!! He is talented, young, tall, and has a hell of a 3 point shot!!! I will be getting a Gallinari jersey friday if he is still a Nugget! Please keep him FO!!!

The Experience
02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Please Front Office! DO NOT TRADE DANILO GALLINARI!!! He is talented, young, tall, and has a hell of a 3 point shot!!! I will be getting a Gallinari jersey friday if he is still a Nugget! Please keep him FO!!!

I have 2 huge problems with Gallo.

1. No defense
2. Huge flopper

I want us to deal him for a 1st.

InElwayWeTrust
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Alright, say we deal him for a 1st... It will most likely be a mid-rounder Who are we gonna get better than Gallo at that point? NO ONE. If it was gonn be a pick where we had a chance at Sullinger then I'd say maybe, but not for some mid-late rounder who won't even play, let alone start every night like Gallo will.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153611/report-nuggets-pitching-extension-to-nene?rw=1

Report: Nuggets pitching extension to Nene

This confirms that the Nuggets do not plan on moving Nene before Thursday's deadline, locking him in as the starting center. Nene's role figures to grow without Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups, making a boost in shot attempts a certainty. The Brazilian's percentages make him in an elite fantasy player.

I'm happy we got good value back but it's definitely sad to see Chauncey go. The Melo trade is like breaking up with a GF you know is bad for you, you are relieved it's over but still down on the whole situation.

ERoyal248
02-22-2011, 01:31 PM

Yeah, the new CBA will tell alot. Everyone can thank LeBron for this, now teams will have superteams.

If he leaves, he's not going to LA. They don't have anything we don't have. Kobe will be in decline, Gasoft will be 33, Odom and Ron will be 33, and no Phil. If he leaves, i'd say he goes to OKC..

This makes me respect Dirk a lot. He could of left Dallas, but has stayed with them his whole career.

I hope so too, he said this on one of this blogs, take it for what it's worth.

Let me say this LOUD and CLEAR: Just because Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James have done something that has nothing at all to do with me!!! Just because those guys made decisions to leave their teams doesn't mean that Im going to do the same thing.

InElwayWeTrust
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Alright, say we deal him for a 1st... It will most likely be a mid-rounder Who are we gonna get better than Gallo at that point? NO ONE. If it was gonn be a pick where we had a chance at Sullinger then I'd say maybe, but not for some mid-late rounder who won't even play, let alone start every night like Gallo will.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Marc Stein says Denver will not make anymore trades.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Marc Stein says Denver will not make anymore trades.

Yeah for now. Who knows what will happen after the draft. Ugh so many question marks right now

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
It was suppose to be a top ten pick coming from Minnesota somehow.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Marc Stein says Denver will not make anymore trades.I think that's the best move, I would honestly like to keep J.R. Smith because we don't know how this new team is going to operate together, and JR can still score.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I have 2 huge problems with Gallo.

1. No defense
2. Huge flopper

I want us to deal him for a 1st.

Ding ding ding.

He's gonna be even tougher to root for that Melo was.

But we'll see, I'll support him now that he is a Nugget.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, the new CBA will tell alot. Everyone can thank LeBron for this, now teams will have superteams.

If he leaves, he's not going to LA. They don't have anything we don't have. Kobe will be in decline, Gasoft will be 33, Odom and Ron will be 33, and no Phil. If he leaves, i'd say he goes to OKC..

This makes me respect Dirk a lot. He could of left Dallas, but has stayed with them his whole career.

I hope so too, he said this on one of this blogs, take it for what it's worth.

Let me say this LOUD and CLEAR: Just because Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James have done something that has nothing at all to do with me!!! Just because those guys made decisions to leave their teams doesn't mean that Im going to do the same thing.

Yeah I don't know Casey, I'd like to think that, I know he is a great guy. But with athletes you never know. But i doubt he goes to OKC

InElwayWeTrust
02-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Haha. There is no way I would go from living in Orlando, FL to Oklahoma... Lmao

Spyder
02-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Everyone can thank LeBron for this, now teams will have superteams.

I disagree with this.

If you want to look for someone or rather a collection of people to blame, look no further than the Boston Celtics. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett were all individual Superstar's who led their given team, granted they were older than the trio down in South Beach when it happened, they weren't given the "Big 3" title for nothing.

I understand it was a bit different as both Allen and Garnett were traded the way they were, but it was still finely orchestrated. Both players, Garnett especially, expressed their desire to play for a team that had a chance to win as they were getting older and their teams were getting worse.

Lebron and others looked at this model and realized it won a Championship and made Boston relevant again for the first time since Bird retired. Flashier cities, more media hype, endorsements, all of these things play a major role in deciding where these guys end up.

As for Dwight.. You really think he'll end up in OKC? You honestly believe he'd leave a beautiful place like Orlando for middle of nowhere USA when the NBA is all about the flash and glamour now? I doubt it. If not LA then certainly NYC.

TecmoElway
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Gallinari is the one part of this deal I really like so I hope the rumors of him being traded don't become a reality.

Billups is everything you could ask for in a point guard, but I'm comfortable with Ty Lawson leading the team.

What the Nuggets lack now is one star player who can score, score, and score with the best of them. That's going to be hard to replace.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Gallinari is the one part of this deal I really like so I hope the rumors of him being traded don't become a reality.

Billups is everything you could ask for in a point guard, but I'm comfortable with Ty Lawson leading the team.

What the Nuggets lack now is one star player who can score, score, and score with the best of them. That's going to be hard to replace.

I don't think you need one. We have plenty of guys now who can fill it up on any given night. Gallo, AAA, JR, Chandler, Nene, K-Mart, Lawson, Felton.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't think you need one. We have plenty of guys now who can fill it up on any given night. Gallo, AAA, JR, Chandler, Nene, K-Mart, Lawson, Felton.

Agreed. Now the ball wont stop and we can actually have our point guards do their jobs and dish out assists.

Plus, maybe some defense

The Experience
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Agreed. Now the ball wont stop and we can actually have our point guards do their jobs and dish out assists.

Plus, maybe some defense

I really think we will be an improved defensive team. Chandler and Felton both are very good defensive players. And having a 7'1 270 lbs guy on the team can't hurt.

I am hoping Mozgov takes Birdman's time because he is useless.

ERoyal248
02-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I disagree with this.

If you want to look for someone or rather a collection of people to blame, look no further than the Boston Celtics. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett were all individual Superstar's who led their given team, granted they were older than the trio down in South Beach when it happened, they weren't given the "Big 3" title for nothing.

I understand it was a bit different as both Allen and Garnett were traded the way they were, but it was still finely orchestrated. Both players, Garnett especially, expressed their desire to play for a team that had a chance to win as they were getting older and their teams were getting worse.

Lebron and others looked at this model and realized it won a Championship and made Boston relevant again for the first time since Bird retired. Flashier cities, more media hype, endorsements, all of these things play a major role in deciding where these guys end up.

As for Dwight.. You really think he'll end up in OKC? You honestly believe he'd leave a beautiful place like Orlando for middle of nowhere USA when the NBA is all about the flash and glamour now? I doubt it. If not LA then certainly NYC.

Very true about Boston, but they aren't in their primes like Bosh, Wade, and LBJ are.

Not sure where Dwight goes, he's said a lot he'll like to stay in Orlando, but who knows nowadays with these players. Makes you appreciate Dirk for staying in Dallas his whole career.

And i wouldn't be surprised if he went to OKC. A young core of Westbrook, Harden, KD, Ibaka and Dwight, talk about a dynasty in the making. Dwight hates comparisons to Shaq, and that's probably why i don't see him going to LA. And LA will be pretty old by the time he's a FA.

Amari24
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not trying to discourage any Nuggets fans, but I feel like that trade was a total wash. Denver should've asked for Landry Fields instead of Galliflopy.

Amari24
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Very true about Boston, but they aren't in their primes like Bosh, Wade, and LBJ are.

Not sure where Dwight goes, he's said a lot he'll like to stay in Orlando, but who knows nowadays with these players. Makes you appreciate Dirk for staying in Dallas his whole career.

And i wouldn't be surprised if he went to OKC. A young core of Westbrook, Harden, KD, Ibaka and Dwight, talk about a dynasty in the making. Dwight hates comparisons to Shaq, and that's probably why i don't see him going to LA. And LA will be pretty old by the time he's a FA.

Dwight isn't going anywhere. If anything, he'll try to lure in CP3 or D-Will.

The Experience
02-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm not trying to discourage any Nuggets fans, but I feel like that trade was a total wash. Denver should've asked for Landry Fields instead of Galliflopy.

I would rather have Fields, but we really have no room for him, AAA is the starter and JR is a good bench player.

ERoyal248
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM

That's what i think/hope too.

And the Knicks need a PG in that system more then a big like Dwight.

Spyder
02-22-2011, 03:21 PM

I agree with this.

I def. see CP3 heading to NYC. But D-Will is an excellent choice to head down to Orlando. It may not be the media market that NYC, LA, Miami or Chicago is but Orlando has nearly everything else going for it.

Beautiful modern city, excellent weather, an owner that has tried, even if some of the moves and money spending (Rashard Lewis lol) have been a bit questionable. The owner is dedicated to trying to build a winner.

If Dwight wants to separate himself from being a Shaq wannabe, let the management bring the talent to you.

ERoyal248
02-22-2011, 03:38 PM
I agree with this.

I def. see CP3 heading to NYC. But D-Will is an excellent choice to head down to Orlando. It may not be the media market that NYC, LA, Miami or Chicago is but Orlando has nearly everything else going for it.

Beautiful modern city, excellent weather, an owner that has tried, even if some of the moves and money spending (Rashard Lewis lol) have been a bit questionable. The owner is dedicated to trying to build a winner.

If Dwight wants to separate himself from being a Shaq wannabe, let the management bring the talent to you.

Deron said he wants to play for the Knicks, so it's either CP3 or Deron to the Knicks, they have to have a PG in that system.

And Dwight despises the Shaq comparisons from what i've heard from him.

Spyder
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Deron said he wants to play for the Knicks, so it's either CP3 or Deron to the Knicks, they have to have a PG in that system.

And Dwight despises the Shaq comparisons from what i've heard from him.

I actually see CP3 in NYC before Deron. He already has a close relationship with Carmelo and Amare and the three proposed various toasts at Carmelo's wedding this past summer about playing with each other and forming their own Big 3.

If and when a CBA is reached, I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans traded CP3 to NYC. I know the Knicks don't got anything left to deal, but New Orleans is one of the teams on the verge of evaporating all together if indeed the NBA decided the contraction route is the best way to go. They're likely to cave in and ship him out to save as much money as possible if that is indeed the case.

So Deron to Orlando is much more likely than CP3 to Orlando IMO.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-22-2011, 03:55 PM
And I'm not trying to discourage any Knicks fans but Melo is a selfish player who refuses to play Defense. The way that teams sits now, the Knicks have very little chance of getting out of the east. Melo will never be the #1 player on any Championship team.

ERoyal248
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I actually see CP3 in NYC before Deron. He already has a close relationship with Carmelo and Amare and the three proposed various toasts at Carmelo's wedding this past summer about playing with each other and forming their own Big 3.

If and when a CBA is reached, I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans traded CP3 to NYC. I know the Knicks don't got anything left to deal, but New Orleans is one of the teams on the verge of evaporating all together if indeed the NBA decided the contraction route is the best way to go. They're likely to cave in and ship him out to save as much money as possible if that is indeed the case.

So Deron to Orlando is much more likely than CP3 to Orlando IMO.

Yeah, and CP3 is a better fit in that system then Deron is. You do have the concerns of CP3 with his knee.

I think we'll offer the kitchen sink to Utah for Deron.

And Dwight is eligible for a 2-year extension this offseason through 2014-2015, hopefully he accepts, i think it's 2 years/41.5 mil. Should be interesting what happens.

native5280fan
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I will speak or write, when and how I want to. This is my opinion, it is yours to disagree, but the name calling of stupid is uncalled for. You might also think before you respond.

Spending any real money. What have you been watching. This is the sort of illogical and stupid thing nuggets fans say all the time. The nuggets have been over the luxury tax for many years now and have been in the top 10 in salary for like the last 5 years. Kenyon Martin 17 million. JR 7. MelI will speak, when and how I want to. This is my opinion, it is yours to disagree, but the name calling of stupid is uncalled for and very low class. You might also think before you respond.
o 18. Nene 11. Billups 12. Think before you say.

Why should chauncey be nurtured or why should we feel sorry for him. He is going to make 12 million dollards and continue to live his dream in the NBA. Mean while majority of us will work a trade a for the rest of our lives. I like him but i dont feel for him. And i doubt he will come back here even if he brought out by the knicks. He has shown interest in the heat.

Think before you speak.

I dont even know why we would consider trading felton, chandler, gallineri or the russian kid. They can be a nucleus to build around.

DevilSpawn
02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
OMG! A friend had tickets for tomorrow's game at MSG but couldn't reach me since I was in meetings all day. :sad: It would've cost me $300 but I would've taken it. He wound up selling it to a co-worker. Fudge! :sad:

Atwnbroncfan
02-22-2011, 08:37 PM
OMG! A friend had tickets for tomorrow's game at MSG but couldn't reach me since I was in meetings all day. :sad: It would've cost me $300 but I would've taken it. He wound up selling it to a co-worker. Fudge! :sad:

What is so important about tomorrow? :confused:

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 08:48 PM

I take it you actually live in NYC. :P

I could never decide if you were actually living in Spain or not....

Or are you?

DevilSpawn
02-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I take it you actually live in NYC. :P

I could never decide if you were actually living in Spain or not....

Or are you?

I rep Spain since it's my birthplace. I've lived in NYC since I was 3.

DevilSpawn
02-22-2011, 09:35 PM
What is so important about tomorrow? :confused:

The Garden transforms into a robot and takes a wizz in Times Square.

Broncoholic3233
02-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I rep Spain since it's my birthplace. I've lived in NYC since I was 3.

Then I gotta go off topic.

:off-topic:

Why the Raiders? You seem to like the other NY teams?

DevilSpawn
02-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Then I gotta go off topic.

:off-topic:

Why the Raiders? You seem to like the other NY teams?
My dad was a die hard Raiders fan and I saw how hard he rooted for them during the Sea of Hands game. After the ending, we're both jumping up and down and I grew a liking to the Raiders. If it wasn't for that moment, I would've been a Jets fan for sure since I met a few of them earlier that year.

I was originally a Lakers fan by the way. Showtime was the reason I started watching basketball. I jumped off the bandwagon when Pat Riley came to coach the Knicks. Probably the biggest mistake I made but I'm still a die hard Knicks fan despite the dynasties in LA. I don't even like the Lakers anymore. I guess I was a Showtime fan and Pat Riley fan more than a Lakers fan.

As for the Yankees, I lived across the street from the stadium as a kid. Thanks goodness I didn't live in Queens. :peace:

Bronco51
02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Spending any real money. What have you been watching. This is the sort of illogical and stupid thing nuggets fans say all the time. The nuggets have been over the luxury tax for many years now and have been in the top 10 in salary for like the last 5 years. Kenyon Martin 17 million. JR 7. Melo 18. Nene 11. Billups 12. Think before you say.

Think before you speak.

Hopefully you watched Felton play like garbage in Portland and Lawson miss game winning layups, and then watched Billups ice the Heat game with ANOTHER big time money three. Giving up Billups hurt this team more than they can fathom. It would have been nice to have him in crunch time in Portland.

DevilSpawn
02-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Hopefully you watched Felton play like garbage in Portland and Lawson miss game winning layups, and then watched Billups ice the Heat game with ANOTHER big time money three. Giving up Billups hurt this team more than they can fathom. It would have been nice to have him in crunch time in Portland.
People here were doing backflips for Melo but I was just as excited for Billups. I hope we make him happy and retain him for the rest of his career.

Broncoholic3233
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
People here were doing backflips for Melo but I was just as excited for Billups. I hope we make him happy and retain him for the rest of his career.

Good luck with that, I'd be shocked if Billups stayed in NY.