PDA

View Full Version : Melo gear.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I think Nuggets fans should hold a ralley this weekend at the can (Depending on if there is a game other event) and bring all their 15 Jerseys put them in a big pile and give them to the Good Will or other charity. Let's show the word that Denver Sports fans are the best in the world. That we are not like the people in Cleveland when they burned James' gear.

White Dragon
02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
I have two Melo swingman jerseys... I have no intention of getting rid of them.

I liked Melo while he was in Denver, he's leaving now, oh well. While the Nuggets have made the playoffs every year he's been here, they just couldn't get over the hump.

InElwayWeTrust
02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I would join in if I wasn't all the way down here in Vegas. I have a Melo jersey sitting in the closet that I wouldn't mind giving to charity.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
I have two Melo swingman jerseys... I have no intention of getting rid of them.

I liked Melo while he was in Denver, he's leaving now, oh well. While the Nuggets have made the playoffs every year he's been here, they just couldn't get over the hump.

That's fine. I have a Marshall, Cutler and Portis jersey, I will still wear them. My message was to the fans that no longer want theirs. Do something positive with them rather the burn them, like some have done in the past or even said they wanted to.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I would join in if I wasn't all the way down here in Vegas. I have a Melo jersey sitting in the closet that I wouldn't mind giving to charity.

Give it to a local one.

White Dragon
02-21-2011, 09:03 PM
That's fine. I have a Marshall, Cutler and Portis jersey, I will still wear them. My message was to the fans that no longer want theirs. Do something positive with them rather the burn them, like some have done in the past or even said they wanted to.

I bought a Cutler jersey for $6 after he was traded and I pulled it apart for parts, and am using it to make a new Broncos jersey for my stuffed Tiger that came with a pretty lame Broncos jersey.

SBboundBRONCOS
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
lol he didnt leave in nearly the same way as lebaby

Broncoholic3233
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM

No, but he dragged an innocent into this mess, hometown favorite Chauncey Billups.

People will not be happy, there will be burnings I'd imagine, not like Lebron, but I am sure a lot of jerseys will be burned.

I agree with South, donate them instead.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM
I bought a Cutler jersey for $6 after he was traded and I pulled it apart for parts, and am using it to make a new Broncos jersey for my stuffed Tiger that came with a pretty lame Broncos jersey.

Awsome. I got my Marshall for 11.99 last week.

Southstander
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM

It was close in my opnion. He acted like a selfish child.

Tackle Me Elmo
02-22-2011, 09:57 AM
It was close in my opnion. He acted like a selfish child.

I agree, which isn't so much an indictment against Melo himself, but all "superstar" athletes these days. The status comes with a lot of seeming entitlement that unfortunately dilutes the joy of watching pro sports...and especially of being a fan. It's been a tough few years for Denver fans.

Charlie Brown
02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Anthony left with some class. What Lebron did was beyond low.

Let me ask you guys this, did Lebron hold a TV special where he announced that he hoped Denver burned to the ground? Did he hold a TV special where he told the fans he didn't care for them, even though he was raised there. Did Anthony go on television and have something completely devoted to his own ego?

Did he?

No, there were rumors of a trade. The owner of the team supposedly trading for him denied it. But the rumor lingered. Then, the rumor became the truth. Nothing at all like what James did.

Frenchy180
02-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Let me ask you guys this, did Lebron hold a TV special where he announced that he hoped Denver burned to the ground? Did he hold a TV special where he told the fans he didn't care for them, even though he was raised there. Did Anthony go on television and have something completely devoted to his own ego?

Did he?

No, there were rumors of a trade. The owner of the team supposedly trading for him denied it. But the rumor lingered. Then, the rumor became the truth. Nothing at all like what James did.

Yeah, pretty sure Lebron didn't say he hoped Cleveland burned to the ground, or say to the fans that he didn't care about them.

Atwnbroncfan
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM

Did he?

I was fine with the way Melo handled it until his press confrence in NY. Sure I thought he was acting selfish but its what I expected from him. Its his personality. But when I saw the press confrence and he didnt even acknowledge that he was here, thats when I fully felt he mishandled it. He could have thanked our FO for sending him where he wanted. He could have thanked the fans that stood by him during DUI, the snitching fiasco, the fight in NY, or how he would say in the press that the team just quit.

The FO and fans let him mature here and made him from a boy to a man. He equally did his part though on the other hand, he did make basketball relevant in Denver. But not even a split second to say thank you to Denver was a real slap in the face. Had he said that id have no problem with how it was handled. But in the end he didn't care about Denver at all.

Also his comments about Karl further solidify him as not really caring about winning and being selfish. Most of what Karl said was a complement to Melo. But Melo shot back because his "image" was attacked. Melo doesn't care about anything but Melo.

I wish him good luck in NY. And I'am almost 100% confident that the way Melo currently plays and acts he will not win a title.

BluenOrnge4Life
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
I was fine with the way Melo handled it until his press confrence in NY. Sure I thought he was acting selfish but its what I expected from him. Its his personality. But when I saw the press confrence and he didnt even acknowledge that he was here, thats when I fully felt he mishandled it. He could have thanked our FO for sending him where he wanted. He could have thanked the fans that stood by him during DUI, the snitching fiasco, the fight in NY, or how he would say in the press that the team just quit.

The FO and fans let him mature here and made him from a boy to a man. He equally did his part though on the other hand, he did make basketball relevant in Denver. But not even a split second to say thank you to Denver was a real slap in the face. Had he said that id have no problem with how it was handled. But in the end he didn't care about Denver at all.

Also his comments about Karl further solidify him as not really caring about winning and being selfish. Most of what Karl said was a complement to Melo. But Melo shot back because his "image" was attacked. Melo doesn't care about anything but Melo.

I wish him good luck in NY. And I'am almost 100% confident that the way Melo currently plays and acts he will not win a title.

Very well said, and I agree with every point you made.

Southstander
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Did he?

Lebron did not say he hopes Cleveland burns down. Nor did he in his TV special say he did not care for them. Lastly he grew up in Alton not Cleveland.

Melo did act childish. He held up a better trade deal for the Nuggets because he refuesed to sign an extention with the Nets. He made it all about him the last two weeks. He said several time he wanted to stay, but every action he took said the exact opposite.

I am not a Nuggets fan, so I have no bias aganst him or for the Nuggets.

12and4
02-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Just change it to tebow

Charlie Brown
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, pretty sure Lebron didn't say he hoped Cleveland burned to the ground, or say to the fans that he didn't care about them.

With his trash talk. He may as well have said it.

You are comparing Potatoes to Oranges. Two completely unlike things.

Southstander
02-27-2011, 08:44 PM
With his trash talk. He may as well have said it.

You are comparing Potatoes to Oranges. Two completely unlike things.

Two players spurning the team that drafted them seven years ago and orchestrating the departure to a team of their chosing at the expense of the fans. Before these two athletes came to their first team, the team was at the cellar of the Confrence. Now with them gone the teams are once again in the cellar. Both players changed from a two digit number with their old team, to a single digit number om their new team. Yeah CB it is Oranges and Potatoes (Browns colors :salute:).

I will say Lebrons was worse, but that is like saying Ryan Leaf was a bigger bust then Jermarus (sp) Russell.